December Obsess and Test - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks girls. I had another question about my positive OPK's.

I had a positive on both Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd. I got a negative on the 4th but I didn't start testing until the 2nd so I may have also gotten a positive on the 1st. Anyway, my question is....Which day did I most likely O? Dec 2nd's test was REALLY dark, darker than the 3rd.

If I O'ed on the 2nd then I am 9 DPO and could possibly try the FRER tomorrow.

If I O'ed on the 3rd then I am 8 DPO and should maybe wait until Sunday.

I am truly obsessing...I've already tested twice today hoping the 2nd test would show something the 1st didn't. My friend got her BFP last night and perhaps that is the reason why I am really obsessing and testing now. I want to celebrate with her.
#182 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoloca View Post
Thanks girls. I had another question about my positive OPK's.

I had a positive on both Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd. I got a negative on the 4th but I didn't start testing until the 2nd so I may have also gotten a positive on the 1st. Anyway, my question is....Which day did I most likely O? Dec 2nd's test was REALLY dark, darker than the 3rd.

If I O'ed on the 2nd then I am 9 DPO and could possibly try the FRER tomorrow.

If I O'ed on the 3rd then I am 8 DPO and should maybe wait until Sunday.

I am truly obsessing...I've already tested twice today hoping the 2nd test would show something the 1st didn't. My friend got her BFP last night and perhaps that is the reason why I am really obsessing and testing now. I want to celebrate with her.
anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th. OPKs do not signal that ovulation is happening, but that you have an LH surge... when the surge goes away THEN ovulation happens... you will get a positive OPK 12-72 hours before Oing, usually more in the 24-48 hour range.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#183 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 12:23 PM

So I had a high reading on my monitor yesterday and we baby danced last night. This morning I had copious amount of stretchy mucus. A good 4-5 inch stretch. So that's eggwhite, right, and not seminal fluid? My monitor was high again this morning. If it was eggwhite doesn't that indicate O and not 24-48 hours before?

This cycle really has me confused...to the extent that...

Yesterday I took- 2 fertility monitor test sticks, 1 O predictor test (when I realized that I was trying to use fertility monitor sticks that way I decided I better go buy real O predictor strips to save $$$), 1 walgreens brand pregnancy test, *2* FRERs...and a partridge in a pear tree....

Whoever suggested glowing nipples for pregnancy I'm on board! Further if I could have a little flashing blue light to indicate about to O and a sustained blue light when I do O that would be fabulous!

Thanks for the help! --both to be more nuts and to figure it out--

I am definitely temping next month!!!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#184 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

EWCM comes pre-o and, ideally, clears up as soon as O happens.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#185 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedangel View Post
ok so i'm truly obsessed...

I've felt tightenening in my uterus a few different times over the past couple nights. (I meditate w/ hands on uterus at night to let next baby know it is welcome to reside there for nine months. yah- i'm weird) I googled "uterus tightening" and the only thing that I've found is stuff about braxton hicks. Some saying it can start as early as 6 weeks???

With dd I thought I had a period but it was actually implantation according to mw. Din't get a till about 8wks prego with dd and she was my fourth. I started feeling bh around 12-14 weeks. (earlier with each pregnancy)

So now I'm wondering if I peed on those sticks too early??? Do you think? Or am I just reading into this?
Not over 'till AF come riding in on her broom! FX for you!

AFM - I am feeling ESPECIALLY obsessive this month. And, crap. Now I'm searching for 7dpo BFPs. Lol. Something is seriously wrong w/ me.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#186 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 PM

Lyndzies, if something is wrong with you then there is something wrong with me too! 8 or 9 dpo and I already poas twice before noon. Trying to hold out until tomorrow. LOL
#187 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Trying to keep myself busy to get the next 9 days to fly by... finished shoveling the driveway and cleaned off my car in -8 degree wind chills with no gloves... then got DD in the car and drove into the city and bought myself some gloves and a cute outfit for each of the kids for the concert tonight...

DS is going to be so excited because he is getting khakis and a blue button-up shirt with a very fancy tie on it... he LOVES wearing clothes like that. If I left it up to him all he would ever wear is polo shirts and button-ups with ties... does that say something about him when hes only almost 7? LOL I hope it bodes well for his future. Of course, he wants to be a Marine like DF so he dresses a lot like DF (DF doesnt wear ties, but button ups and polo shirts he does)

DD got a cute pink plaid skirt, cute pink sweater and shiny tights... matches her new earrings (she got pierced last week as an early Christmas present, she is handling it quite well! but I am glad I waited as when she was younger she was sure to pull them out.)

Now... to clean my house to museum quality clean because (oh joy ) my step-mother is coming over after the concert and really im having a good day I dont want her whining that I cant put away my kids toys in MY OWN HOUSE.

#188 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoloca View Post
Lyndzies, if something is wrong with you then there is something wrong with me too! 8 or 9 dpo and I already poas twice before noon. Trying to hold out until tomorrow. LOL
Lol!

So, apparently the $tree by my office has not yet/will not be restocking HPTs, so I'm SOL for testing early (at least for today... mwahahahaha!).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#189 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the reply Mae! I'm sorry you have shoveled shovelfuls again today! I hear you about keeping busy. It is the right thing to do. Have a great time at the concert tonight!

lyndzies and mellamaloca-- I hear you about being obsessed...I haven't, evidently, O'd yet and I tested yesterday 3 times... I think there is something WAY wrong with that! But it is fun...

BFF had to quit smoking cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant. She says her replacement for smoking has been POAS.

So evidently even after the stick gives us the answer we want we keep peeing on them!

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#190 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM

Still dealing with AF.

Something weird...but this week, since starting AF, i have been rather randy. Can't keep my hands to myself.

I think we need to start a thread for those dealing with AF and not yet O-ing. whatcha think?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#191 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
Still dealing with AF.

Something weird...but this week, since starting AF, i have been rather randy. Can't keep my hands to myself.

I think we need to start a thread for those dealing with AF and not yet O-ing. whatcha think?
lol... im just using this for my pre-O obsess

8 days...

8 days till i have my hands on him....

at cd11...

until cd25...

he wont be home with time to test (unless I O on cd14, which is not common)

#192 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 PM

Bettina- Or next month's thread could be "Gear up/Obsess/Test" cause isn't CD1 just a chance to get ready to obsess and test!

Sometimes when I'm on I'm insatiable too. We actually have reusable chux pads for that time... Sorry, there I go with TMI again...

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#193 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 05:11 PM

Chux?! Wassat?

Edit: oh nevermind. Googled.

Yeah, i need a place to post when i dont really have any updates but i need to commiserate with others about how crappy crampy i am.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#194 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lyndzies - that is just a lesson that TTCers cannot let themselves be subjected to the on-demand economy of this country. You need to stock up. 20 tests on hand is the bare minimum, 30-50 is better. But don't do it this month 'cause I think it will be a waste of money

Jenne - have you seen any of those blogs of women who have a labeled OPK for every hour of several days around O? and then equally 4-8 pg tests all taped together for every day starting at 6dpo as the faint line emerges? I was uninitiated when I conceived my first, but I swear one day I will be those ladies lol.

Bettina - I need a place like that too!

So, I'm just gunna say it. Here is what I'm obsessing over: I'm super tired. Probably just because I'm sleeping terribly, but maybe more? I think I might start nightweaning ds. I just can't take it anymore physically - the odd positions we need to be in because he's so long are twisting my back painfully. I am also pretty nauseous. That is one of my early signs, but I'm prone to nausea when I'm tired. Oh well. Nothing too good I guess. I started progesterone cream last night with a half dose to make sure I tolerated it, full dose this morning. I figure since I had a 14 day lp pre-baby, I probably just need enough to combat the prolactin and maybe cream will do the trick? I hope so 'cause I had one of those "we just made a baby feelings" this month and so far that feeling has been 2 for 2.

ETA: Did I really write on-demand economy? My brain is watching TV while it should be thinking economics!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#195 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

I have 48 tests waiting on me (the fifty I ordered minus two because I was proving someone wrong about something causing false positives >.>)

#196 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM

So last Saturday i had an insemination, 12/5 & bded at home Sat. Sun, & Mon. I know I ovulated Sunday-felt it and took a trigger shot Friday which makes ovulation occur within 24-36 hrs.

So, on my birthday Wednesday December 16th I will be 10DPO. Should I test that day? And what would be the best test to try?

I am officially obsessing and testing this month, hoping for a pregnancy this month for the holidays! I had 3 or 4 good egg follicles this month at insemination.
#197 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteacher View Post
So last Saturday i had an insemination, 12/5 & bded at home Sat. Sun, & Mon. I know I ovulated Sunday-felt it and took a trigger shot Friday which makes ovulation occur within 24-36 hrs.

So, on my birthday Wednesday December 16th I will be 10DPO. Should I test that day? And what would be the best test to try?

I am officially obsessing and testing this month, hoping for a pregnancy this month for the holidays! I had 3 or 4 good egg follicles this month at insemination.
frer at 10dpo gives you a 65% chance of a bfp if you are indeed pregnant. (This was the perfect thread to ask at, I have this info memorized)

11 and 12 dpo it only goes up to 69% so hey, I say try! if you get a bfn, you know there is still a good chance you are pregnant but still not getting a positive (but oh oh oh, Im testing something with pulling bfps out of tests super early with photoshop, when you test will you PLEASE put a pic up here whether or not it is bfp?)

#198 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 PM

As slight as my chance is for a BFP at all, just today I started feeling crampy and my boob (only the right one) started getting really sore. Could this have been implanting? I haven't started temping yet, so I have NO idea when I actually O'd, but I'm 10 dp EW & DTD.

I have had a LOT of willpower to not even buy any tests, trying to wait for closer to when AF should be here. And if my crampy-ish feeling and right boob being sore could have been implantation, then testing before next week would be a little wouldn't it since it's so early?

Also, does anyone know if Five Below carries the same tests as $tree?

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#199 of 770 Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2398415_n.jpg my little ones...

we had a ton of fun at the concert... DD giggled at all the funny parts (which shows she is paying attention to the words an not just the music... last year she only paid attention to music) DS sang but didnt dance... so in character for him.

Saw a bunch of pregnant ladies... wishing I was one. 8 days... 7 full days and 1 hour actually.... then I will have DF home with me!

#200 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 03:16 AM

Hello ladies. I don't post much, but you all are such source of comfort and support for me. So, first of all thank you!

I'm 7 (8?) dpo and my bbs are killing me!! Also, when I was brushing my teeth this morning and spit in the sink, it was FULL of blood. I remember this with DS but much father along. How early are these reliable symptoms? I usually have tender breasts when AF is due, but its a different, more intense sore this time. Plus AF is still so far out yk?

I'm going to attempt posting 2 pics of my aimsticks. I have a question about them as well. If I can get them up, I'd like to see if you girls see this. Its strange, almost as if the line (or where it should be) is whiter than the actual area. And its causing what looks like a line (VERY faint) touching it on the right. Is that bc that is where the chemical reactant is located? I'm confused.

And can I just say that the day I can use one of these is going to be freaking amazing!!!

Thanks so much!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f..._mom/004-5.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f..._mom/001-2.jpg

Also please forgive the freaking lines of optical illusion.

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
#201 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 04:11 AM

aidanraynesmom - I see a second line in both pics, and they both look a little pink too. Test again tomorrow!

Well I am finally going to join this thread. I should have months ago because I am definitely an obsessing one! I sadly miscarried at 6 weeks pg last month. I had a weird virus during the 5th week where my temp spiked a fever like 8 times over the few days I was sick. I tried to keep it down but sometimes I just couldn't. So maybe that's why. I had my prog levels tested at 5DPO as this was my second early loss, and they were 22.5. That's a good number, right?

So here I am now at 9DPO. Have a bunch of symptoms but no tests in the house! I'm going to test at 11DPO.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#202 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
aidanraynesmom - I see something .. not sure what.

Melly - I'm so sorry for your losses I don't know what numbers should be, but I decided to go for progesterone cream this month for short lp due to nursing. I know we conceived and lost in July and I haven't even had a long enough lp to test these last few months so.. here I am obsessing

I'm having a tww-is-torture night. My belly is all swollen and tender to the touch & its sore to lean against the counter. I have to wait a minimum of 5 more days before I can poas. I don't know how I'm going to manage. The only good thing is my (lengthy) ritual of vitamins and teas and creams all throughout the day. Makes me feel like I'm doing something productive.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#203 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 08:48 AM

Good Morning ladies!

Can you take a look at my chart, what is going on. I'm 13 DPO, still BFN, and my temp went from 98.90 to 98.89. FF said that my chart was Possibly Triphasic on Day 26.

My chart

I'm using dollar tree test and going by this guide:
10 dpo – 35%
11 dpo – 51%
12 dpo – 62%
13 dpo – 68%
14 dpo – 74%
15 dpo – 80%
16 dpo – 88%
17 dpo – 92%

My wife swore she saw a faint line on a dollar tree and ept yesterday, I think it was an evap, or imaginary.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#204 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
Good Morning ladies!

Can you take a look at my chart, what is going on. I'm 13 DPO, still BFN, and my temp went from 98.90 to 98.89. FF said that my chart was Possibly Triphasic on Day 26.

My chart

10 dpo – 35%
11 dpo – 51%
12 dpo – 62%
13 dpo – 68%
14 dpo – 74%
15 dpo – 80%
16 dpo – 88%
17 dpo – 92%

My wife swore she saw a faint line on a dollar tree and ept yesterday, I think it was an evap, or imaginary.
I tested 3 times yesterday using 1 dollar store test and 2 early-pregnancy-test.com test strips. I believe I was only 9 DPO so your guide is making me really happy that I could still get a BFP!! I tested this morning and BFN. I have a FRER in my bag but I don't want to waste it too early. I think Maeryn said the difference between 10, 11, and 12 days was small so maybe I should just go for.
#205 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
Thanks for the reply Mae! I'm sorry you have shoveled shovelfuls again today! I hear you about keeping busy. It is the right thing to do. Have a great time at the concert tonight!

lyndzies and mellamaloca-- I hear you about being obsessed...I haven't, evidently, O'd yet and I tested yesterday 3 times... I think there is something WAY wrong with that! But it is fun...

BFF had to quit smoking cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant. She says her replacement for smoking has been POAS.

So evidently even after the stick gives us the answer we want we keep peeing on them!

Jenne
My best friend is even more of a poasaholic than I am. She got her BFP on Thurs and even used a OPK test strip after that.

My brother needs to quit smoking, should I tell him about the replacement?

...and I might take the cake on this one...Yesterday I got photos taken on my DS wearing a shirt that says Big Brother. And then I framed the portrait. I left it in the trunk of the car and told DH not to go in because I left one of his Christmas presents. TTC women are crazy <-- that's me!
#206 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Good Morning ladies!

My chart

10 dpo – 35%
11 dpo – 51%
12 dpo – 62%
13 dpo – 68%
14 dpo – 74%
15 dpo – 80%
16 dpo – 88%
17 dpo – 92%

First I think your o date is off by one. cd17 looks more likely given the secondary signs as well as temp. So you still have agood shot at a bfp if you tested too early?

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#207 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
First I think your o date is off by one. cd17 looks more likely given the secondary signs as well as temp. So you still have agood shot at a bfp if you tested too early?
If my O day was off by one, then probably have a 3% chance, as I did IUI with frozen donor sperm. Frozen sperm doesn't live long.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#208 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanraynesmom View Post
I'm going to attempt posting 2 pics of my aimsticks. I have a question about them as well. If I can get them up, I'd like to see if you girls see this. Its strange, almost as if the line (or where it should be) is whiter than the actual area. And its causing what looks like a line (VERY faint) touching it on the right. Is that bc that is where the chemical reactant is located? I'm confused.
You are right, there is a white line there surrounded by the dye... which makes it an error test (and if they are two separate strips i suggest not using them anymore)

I edited it thinking I could pull out a bfp for you but all I got was confused because really to the right of it LOOKS like it could be a bfp, but where the white line is is where the bfp should be.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...dies/wtf-1.jpg

#209 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
If my O day was off by one, then probably have a 3% chance, as I did IUI with frozen donor sperm. Frozen sperm doesn't live long.
Sorry i don't know much about frozen sperm, but I do know that the day before O is a better time to "marinate" (I think was the term some were using? LOL) rather than the day of O under normal circumstances. So depending on when you O'd on cd17, then the longest they would have to survive would be 24 hours? Good luck!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#210 of 770 Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

lifespan of frozen sperm is only about 24 hours so yeah, pinpointing O is really important.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page