but oh so true

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all! Been so busy the past few days. DS's 1st bday party was yesterday...his bday is tomorrow!!!! OH MY!!!!

Still *slightly* on my period. We DTD last night...getting my body ready and amped up! LOL! Can't wait for 2WW! HAAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm thinking that me and my SIL(DH's sister) will get pg the same month...oh boy!

Nothing new.

LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 02:40 AM

So if I O'd when I think I did I'd be 17dpo come morning (monday). AF is due Tuesday. I have 2 $ store tests.

They are in my dresser...

I still don't feel that this is my month. But I'm still hopeful. And darnit- I WANNA KNOW!

So, do I test w/ tomorrows FMU? Or do I wait til I'm late? If being late happens.

And Santa Claus? If you're listening- I'd love 2 pink lines on each of those sticks. Preferably not drawn in crayon.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 12-14-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedangel View Post
And Santa Claus? If you're listening- I'd love 2 pink lines on each of those sticks. Preferably not drawn in crayon.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So if I O'd when I think I did I'd be 17dpo come morning (monday). AF is due Tuesday. I have 2 $ store tests.

They are in my dresser...

I still don't feel that this is my month. But I'm still hopeful. And darnit- I WANNA KNOW!

So, do I test w/ tomorrows FMU? Or do I wait til I'm late? If being late happens.

is your lp always 17 days? cuz that is an AWEFULLY long LP.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you temp or opk? 'Cause by 16dpo you could probably just poas tonight. A 17 day lp is really unusual.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Temps down, AF is 100% gone... butterflies have set in motion (in my tummy)

DF will be home in 5 days!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Temps down, AF is 100% gone... butterflies have set in motion (in my tummy)

DF will be home in 5 days!
Same here today. Got DH and I both taking maca this month, and it uhhh....seems to be doing something for him!

Aside from that, O still seems soooooooo far away. If this cycle is as long as the last, I'm guessing it'll be New Year's Eve or New Years Day, and depending on what we do, that could either be *perfect* or *disastrous* with regards to BD timing.

DS2 is now down to nursing only once, occasionally twice a day (huge, huge difference from last month). I'm ready for another tiny nursling!! I'm so hoping my body agrees with me.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM

how awesome. i really hope this is OUR month otherwise i will end up having two kids with the same birthday month. fun fun.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 12-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
is your lp always 17 days? cuz that is an AWEFULLY long LP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Do you temp or opk? 'Cause by 16dpo you could probably just poas tonight. A 17 day lp is really unusual.
I figured that was a long lp. I'm not really sure I O'd when I think I did. Wasn't temping. just went by feeling, really.

Anyhow, a couple hours after my last post, AF reared her ugly red head.

So, now I will be officially charting. I know to chart temps, cp and cm. But what else should I keep track of on my chart? Any ideas?

I'm soooooooo frustrated. Can't AF just take a nine month trip to Madagascar?

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So, now I will be officially charting. I know to chart temps, cp and cm. But what else should I keep track of on my chart? Any ideas?
well thats really all you NEED but I keep track of all symptoms of anything... O pains, cramps, backache, tender breasts... I have a VIP membership so I also keep track of Phantom Kicks and Cervical Cramps and various other symptoms I wrote in myself

Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM

I'm mostly going to be lurking and cheering for others from this point out. I don't think I O'd when my monitor shifted me to "high" around CD20. Since it is now 5 days later and it is still giving me "high" readings and I don't have anything coming up on OPK I'm pretty sure I'm not still "high" in fertility. I've been sick the past 5 days so that could have prevented O. Anyway. I'm just not going to stress or obsess about it probably (as much) as if I felt more confident. I'll be thrilled to have AF on my own within the next 6-10 days to be honest. That will be a major feat! I do go Friday though for a progesterone draw.

A little dreaming...okay if this isn't the month (which it won't likely be!) and we start back on Femara next cycle and next cycle begins 12/24-12/25 (even when I only get 2 cycles a year I seem to have one on Christmas...) then I could conceive mid-January for an October baby...

I'm feeling so much calmer about my body since my Mother disclosed that she always had a clockwork 34 day cycle. This was new info and gives me so much more confidence! Anyway...

Congrats to babycatcher--that's a great looking BFP! Cramping is totally normal. It's that little baby of yours settling into its new home good and sticky!

And for the rest of you waiting to O or waiting to test--

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
I don't think I O'd when my monitor shifted me to "high" around CD20. Since it is now 5 days later and it is still giving me "high" readings and I don't have anything coming up on OPK I'm pretty sure I'm not still "high" in fertility.
Is this your first month with the monitor?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM

No, it's my 4th but I got pregnant my 3rd so I didn't enter "M" until I lost the baby. I'm sure that has something to do with it. I know it will give you "high" if your estrogen is strong (mine almost always is) and for awhile I had 2 lines (the 2nd of course being LH) but I never shifted to the egg/peak. But that didn't happen the month I got pregnant either...anyway...I'm done peeing on those sticks because I did get a +OPK. I have always stopped using it after I get 3 highs or the peak because well, those sticks are $$$ and I really only care about knowing I'm going to O.

Does this seem reasonable???

Jenne

02/11/2011   

Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
No, it's my 4th but I got pregnant my 3rd so I didn't enter "M" until I lost the baby. I'm sure that has something to do with it. I know it will give you "high" if your estrogen is strong (mine almost always is) and for awhile I had 2 lines (the 2nd of course being LH) but I never shifted to the egg/peak. But that didn't happen the month I got pregnant either...anyway...I'm done peeing on those sticks because I did get a +OPK. I have always stopped using it after I get 3 highs or the peak because well, those sticks are $$$ and I really only care about knowing I'm going to O.

Does this seem reasonable???

Jenne
lol yes...

Was just wondering because it almost sounds like the complaint many women give the first month of using it, of being high but not peak. First month after a loss could feasibly do the same I guess though, since your hormone levels would be a bit different from before it.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 PM

Yeah, I figured things would be different--I mean the only "cure" for PCOS is pregnancy (only happens to some women) which indicates to me that pregnancy makes everything different. I've had a cycle between the loss and this cycle but before we started infertility treatment again I wanted to know what my body was up to...

Evidently it's "high".

Mae- in my family we don't talk about how many days away something is we talk about how many "sleeps." So...how many sleeps until your df is home? 4???

Jenne

02/11/2011   

Old 12-14-2009, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I figured things would be different--I mean the only "cure" for PCOS is pregnancy (only happens to some women) which indicates to me that pregnancy makes everything different. I've had a cycle between the loss and this cycle but before we started infertility treatment again I wanted to know what my body was up to...

Evidently it's "high".

Mae- in my family we don't talk about how many days away something is we talk about how many "sleeps." So...how many sleeps until your df is home? 4???

Jenne
nope, still 5 lol... thats how I count days is how many times I sleep between now and then.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:22 PM

I don't know where to post this but today has been a rough day. With AF over, I am hopeful that I will ovulate right on schedule this month. But its such a process for us to BD*we are trying artificial insemination to up our chances* and I don't know if I feel up to it this month. Not to mention, I took my blood pressure this weekend, as I had a throbbing headache this past week, all week and wanted to check it and it showed me to be pre-hypertensive. Now I am not sure it is a good idea to TTC with a small but looming health problem. So I may end up putting it off until I lose more weight.

I am surrounded by pregnant women and all I can think about is how hard it is to get pregnant. How easy those women had it that they got pregnant and what a long hard ride I have ahead of me. I know I am preaching to the choir. I know you ladies understand the feeling.

I hate the holidays.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
I don't know where to post this but today has been a rough day. With AF over, I am hopeful that I will ovulate right on schedule this month. But its such a process for us to BD*we are trying artificial insemination to up our chances* and I don't know if I feel up to it this month. Not to mention, I took my blood pressure this weekend, as I had a throbbing headache this past week, all week and wanted to check it and it showed me to be pre-hypertensive. Now I am not sure it is a good idea to TTC with a small but looming health problem. So I may end up putting it off until I lose more weight.

I am surrounded by pregnant women and all I can think about is how hard it is to get pregnant. How easy those women had it that they got pregnant and what a long hard ride I have ahead of me. I know I am preaching to the choir. I know you ladies understand the feeling.

I hate the holidays.
Just remember... because we all tend to forget... unless you talk to these pregnant ladies to find out they got pregnant the first month trying or without trying you cannot really discount the chance that they had fertility problems and possibly even spent years, lots of money, tons of hospital visits and countless tears before becoming pregnant with their little one...

That is to say, I'm not chastising you for being upset about it (its hard for me to see pregnant ladies too) but remind you that you have to take a step back and remember that being pregnant doesn't necessarily mean it was easy for them to get pregnant. There are tons of us out here that have problems conceiving (even after having two that seemed so easy, in my case) so you are really, really not alone.

Also, many women will actually LIE and say they weren't trying just so people outside of their closest friends/family do not think there was something wrong with them being why it took forever to get pregnant. Is it the right thing to do? No not really, but that is one of the things that is wrong with our society... if we can hide that we may have a problem, most of us WILL hide it.

My brother and his now-ex tried for over a year to conceive. I did not find this out until after we found out it was twins and she finally admitted that she was relieved because she did not want to have to try forever again for a second, she could just get it over with all at once.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 PM

I don't begrudge them easy conception and I am very sympathetic to those that had a hard time, no matter how long. I just hate my body for what seems like betrayal. My mind thinks,"She is pregnant, her TTC trials are over". This may not be 100% true, but I feel like getting pregnant, with such a small window to conceive, is having overcome the biggest hurdle.

Again, just my opinion. Sorry to those I have offended.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
I don't begrudge them easy conception and I am very sympathetic to those that had a hard time, no matter how long. I just hate my body for what seems like betrayal. My mind thinks,"She is pregnant, her TTC trials are over". This may not be 100% true, but I feel like getting pregnant, with such a small window to conceive, is having overcome the biggest hurdle.

Again, just my opinion. Sorry to those I have offended.
As I said, I wasnt chastising you for it... I was just trying to help you not feel so bad about it.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:40 PM

I certainly appreciate your help, Mae. Most of my depressive rants go over-looked.

I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Or whenever I get more fertile CM or a positive OPK.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM

AF found me today at 11DPO. I'm not too bummed as this is my first cycle after a miscarriage so didnt have my hopes too high.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 PM

Bettina - I feel ya. Been there a lot this month.

Melly - Sorry about AF

AFM- I made it all the way to 6.5dpo without testing :-p Its stark white, but I keep staring at it dutifuly, trying to divine a line out of it. Oh well.. as long as AF stays away I have plenty more tests.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:25 PM

My goodness you ladies post a LOT.

Ok I have 3 FRER tests.... here is my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c0fa4

What day should I test? BTW I have no idea how long my usual LP is this is my first time charting...and only semi charting at that... as you can see all the missing temps. I'm hoping this would be a good month my DD and IF I got pregnant could have same birthday.

ETA: I haven't been good about updating my chart... but this is my first cycle off IUD, I have (Hopefully had) a large cyst on left ovary at the time of IUD removal. I've been really gassy, and semi emotional (altho this time of year is stressful)

(((HUGS))) To all those TTC and with difficulties. I think sometimes especially for those who have no trouble getting pregnant often forget there are people who have a hard time. I wish there was some way it could be fair for all, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM

LOL I killed the thread....

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 AM

No you didn't! Saw your post & chart, just didn't get a chance to type a response. Your chart looks good! If you're going to use expensive tests, I'd probably wait until at least 12dpo, if not 14-16dpo. With cheapies you can start earlier and not feel so bad.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 AM

LOL Last cheapie I bought I ended up with 2... yes 2... false positives (confirmed by bloodwork)... I had an IUD and went in after i got the two tests because i was also having pain on left side (which prompted me to test).... and i had a cyst. LOL so no cheapies here!

(For all wondering it was the equate early pregnancy tests with two blue lines who do not cross)

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
LOL Last cheapie I bought I ended up with 2... yes 2... false positives (confirmed by bloodwork)... I had an IUD and went in after i got the two tests because i was also having pain on left side (which prompted me to test).... and i had a cyst. LOL so no cheapies here!

(For all wondering it was the equate early pregnancy tests with two blue lines who do not cross)
Well you just confirm for anyone who questions me (which does not include any woman who has been here for a length of time as we have seen a ton of them) that blue line tests are NOT reliable. Too many false positives! I refuse to even give women my opinion on if they are pregnant or not if the picture they post is of a blue line test.

However, if you know that a line is not necessarily a line... dollar tree tests are great. Where the BFP would be is almost always visible... but unless it is PINK it is not a BFP. I do not think I have seen valid pink dollar trees in a woman who was not pregnant (chemical or to go on to have a child, either way)

My suggestion is... if you will test early use a cheapie pink line until you get something that resembles a BFP then back it up with a FRER... but do not waste money taking a FRER without the hope of a BFP on it because they are devastatingly negative when negative... and horribly expensive... but still in my mind the best there is.

Of course, if your period is late skip all else and go straight for FRER

but that is just my suggestion.

Myself, I have 48 saveontests.com tests sitting in my towel closet waiting for me. 40 cents each so every BFN does not come with the added blow of shelling out 7 dollars on it (i had 50 but uh... i experimented...)

Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 AM

ROFL so how much longer to test.... too poor to go buy more lol.... Not sure how long my cycle is... its been years since i've had one minus hormones...

Haha my DH said wait until 29th for follow up ultrasound on the cysts... lol

Mama to a zoo!

User Tag List