December Obsess and Test - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!

We love cheap tests.
We love buying tests in bulk.
We have spent more on tests this cycle than we care to admit anywhere outside of this forum.

That twinge? Oh that could be implantation!
Am I nauseated or is it just that food I ate earlier?
Hello body? Could you just give me a definite sign?!

If you have ever even thought any of these comments, or something similar, this is where you can come to share. Post your tests to be scrutinized, whine about how long it is to get from 3dpo when you have your ovulation confirmed to 7dpo when you promised yourself you would wait to test.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#2 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

I am so anxious to get to obsess and test this month. First time since June!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!
Get out of my head!

Especially since I'm about 1dpo and I considered testing. What a dolt!

One more week until I can truly start obsessing. Here's to a nice, peaceful week. Good luck to everyone!

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#4 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

is it TOO soon to obsess if I am around CD-10? (yes, thats 10 days pre-cycle lol)

I just got my saveontests.com tests (oh my its like Christmas to hold 50 pregnancy tests in my hands. I get to go nuts!!!)

and I kid you not, I saw this on the back of the envelope: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...1130091058.jpg

W..T..F..

Has anyone else gotten a package from them with anything similar? Are they trying to predict?

I mean... I hope so, thats what DF wants (not that he would be disappointed with having the first girl in his family in two generations)

#5 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 02:28 PM

I tested this morning and Wednesday. Pretty silly since i have NO idea when I o'd. My CM looked good around Friday, with cramping. So i am guess ill say it was there, since i finished my period around the 12th. Maybe i totally missed it. I dunno.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#6 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Oh, obsessing...

I'm actually not obsessing (yet?). I'm 5 DPO. I had wanted to TTC the day before O, day of, and day after, but DH was majorly stressed out by the whole thing (UGH) and we only managed twice the day before (the day of my + OPK). I think, if it had worked out the way I'd planned, I'd be more inclined to obsess and test earlier, but I guess I'm feeling a bit defeated/thwarted and don't particularly feel like seeing a negative test.

That said, I probably will test at 11 or 12 dpo. You know, unless I get a burst of soaring hope in the next few days or something.

My children are driving me CRAZY.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#7 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 PM

I haven't started yet, but I should O next week and then I'll start. Why buy them in bulk if you're not gonna use them in bulk, right?

ETA that I'm not an obsesser - but I am an over-tester. Probably start 6 dpo or so...last 2 times I got early BFPs, so a girl can hope

I can still join you, right?

Lindsey
Mama to (10/05) and (12/07) (2/10) and expecting in December!
#8 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Erin, if I look at my chart objectively, I think that it looks like our BDing timing was good. But since we missed one day, I'm feeling defeated, too.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a6a1f

I know what you mean about hubby getting stressed/suspicious of my new-found desire to "satisfy the marital debt" more frequently. He's totally onboard about having another baby but something about knowing that I'm ovulating just weirds him out.

All it takes is one time, though.

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#9 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Erin, if I look at my chart objectively, I think that it looks like our BDing timing was good. But since we missed one day, I'm feeling defeated, too.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a6a1f

I know what you mean about hubby getting stressed/suspicious of my new-found desire to "satisfy the marital debt" more frequently. He's totally onboard about having another baby but something about knowing that I'm ovulating just weirds him out.

All it takes is one time, though.
VillageMom, your chart looks great! I would think mine looked great, too, if it were anyone else's.

I'm currently just trying to think of ways to make it easier/less suspicious for him next cycle and not think too much about this one.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aad2c

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

#10 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
I'm currently just trying to think of ways to make it easier/less suspicious for him next cycle and not think too much about this one.
Your chart looks great, too!

I hope that you're able to keep cycle things on the down-low for your hubby. It's hopeless, in my case. Too many years of NFP and their "The husband contributes by being in charge of charting" philosophy. My hubby knows too much and there is no putting the horse back in the barn.

I gotta tell ya... I keep seeing the name "Ambrose" in your signature and it is really growing on me! (Peter is my husband.) I've been lobbying for "Clement" but not even our priest likes it!

#11 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Your chart looks great, too!

I hope that you're able to keep cycle things on the down-low for your hubby. It's hopeless, in my case. Too many years of NFP and their "The husband contributes by being in charge of charting" philosophy. My hubby knows too much and there is no putting the horse back in the barn.

I gotta tell ya... I keep seeing the name "Ambrose" in your signature and it is really growing on me! (Peter is my husband.) I've been lobbying for "Clement" but not even our priest likes it!
Thanks! I hear ya about the DH knowing too much. My hubby works in the pro-life movement so it's kind of hopeless to keep him in the dark as well, as he has to be knowledgeable and well-versed in all things NFP for a living.

We always get mixed reactions to the name Ambrose. It means "divine", and I really love it. He was born a few weeks after we converted to Catholicism, and paired with his middle name, Levi ("joined to"), it was very significant to being, well, joined to divinity. And of course, there was the intercession of St. Ambrose and his converting of St. Augustine....but that's a whole other story.

In any case, I think Clement is an awesome name! I'm rooting for you on that one!

Whew, did it get Catholic in here or what...!

#12 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM

I'm caving...

Hi, my name is Jen. I am 27 years old. We have 2 kiddos...7 YO DD and 1 YO DS. This is our first month to TTC...I O'ed anywhere from the 19th-25th. I tested on thursday(hoping for a turkey day +...it wasn't) and yesterday...BFN. I'm not going nutso this TTC month like I thought I would. But...I'm about to. I have 2 tests in there that I'm to take so I can see the so I can .

I am AT THIS VERY MOMENT HAVING A GRUMBLE DOWN WHERE THE LEFT SIDE OF MY PELVIC BONE IS. OMG. I JUST WANT TO TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Would that be considered....obessive behavior?
#13 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Get out of my head!

Especially since I'm about 1dpo and I considered testing. What a dolt!

One more week until I can truly start obsessing. Here's to a nice, peaceful week. Good luck to everyone!

You and me both!!! I'm considering taking all my tests to my (pregnant) sister's house!! She is strong and will force me to wait.....but then, it's *possible* to get a BFP 7DPO....right?? I don't have to wait till 10DPO like I promised myself I would...... I just keep thinking, if I test too early and get a false negative, I would cry my eyes out, and STRESS. I'd rather not be stressed. I feel like waiting till 10DPO and using FMU gives me a decent chance of getting a BFP...I have the 99 cent store tests and the Dollar Tree tests....both of which test for 25mIu. And I KNOW what an evap line looks like now so those little devils won't get the best of me!!

I TOTALLY kept DH in the dark about ovulating. Since I haven't had my 1st PPAF, he has no idea. He knows we've been "trying"...but he's be blown away when I tell him we've succeeded! We only DTD 2 times during O time though. He was (in this order) stressed, tired, sick. So yes, I was hoping for 5 rounds but only got two. My chances are still decent though, right? I happen to know that he has sperm coming out of his ears and they're great little swimmers!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#14 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Just realized that I had no clue the sensitivity of my saveontests tests

Save On Tests 20 mIU

WOO!!!!!

#15 of 770 Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:

Just realized that I had no clue the sensitivity of my saveontests tests

Save On Tests 20 mIU

WOO!!!!!

No idea of the sensitivity AND the free gender prediction!! lol!!

"SON"......we will see.....

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#16 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM

9 dpo here. tested yesterday -- bfn. tested this morning -- bfn. fmu and $tree tests both times. i have 8 $tree tests left. that should last me till af or a bfp, right? if i use one per day, that is. my chart looks pretty good, i think. temps still high. maybe an implantation dip at 7dpo?

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#17 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

lol but what are the chances of using only one per day? :P

#18 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 PM

Ya'll are rubbing off on me...I want to run to the $ store and get some cheapy tests...
#19 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Dollar stores too expensive and not sensitive enough! (lol)

my tests were 40 cents each and are 5mIU more sensitive! :P

#20 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Dollar stores too expensive and not sensitive enough! (lol)

my tests were 40 cents each and are 5mIU more sensitive! :P
By the time I ordered them and they got to my house...I'd *hopefully* already found out with the 1 test I still have. Plus I think my Dh would look at me kinda funny if I ordered 10 tests...hahahaaha
#21 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

i ordered 50 >.>

and they only took a couple days to get here! From out of the country and over a national holiday weekend no less!

#22 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 PM

alright Mae. ya sold me, just ordered 15 o tests and 10 HPTs.

Thanks

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#23 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

lemme know if you have anything odd on your packaging when you get it. That SON on the back is still messing with my poor head!

#24 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
lemme know if you have anything odd on your packaging when you get it. That SON on the back is still messing with my poor head!
I'm not trying to burst any premonition-ous bubbles....

But I've been thinking about the mystery "son" on your package and wonder if it's just short for "save on" (since I think you said you got them from saveonepregnancytests.com, right?).

Just a thought. Maybe someone used it to code the envelope about where the pg tests came from before they were shipped out for some type of inventory control or something (could have been shipped from somewhere other than saveon's HQs or whatever...).

BUT I still think it would be cool if it's a sign.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#25 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I got an envie from them on Saturday and it was blank...

Lindsey
#26 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
I'm not trying to burst any premonition-ous bubbles....

But I've been thinking about the mystery "son" on your package and wonder if it's just short for "save on" (since I think you said you got them from saveonepregnancytests.com, right?).

Just a thought. Maybe someone used it to code the envelope about where the pg tests came from before they were shipped out for some type of inventory control or something (could have been shipped from somewhere other than saveon's HQs or whatever...).

BUT I still think it would be cool if it's a sign.
which is why i wanna know if anyone else gets it :P

#27 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:19 PM

NP i will let you know. Even if mine has it on there, Id take it was a fun sign

#28 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
i ordered 50 >.>

and they only took a couple days to get here! From out of the country and over a national holiday weekend no less!
Still...not worth it to me. I can deal with waiting.
#29 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
Still...not worth it to me. I can deal with waiting.
I wouldn't order any either - I did order 10, but they arrived way in time (lol).

I'm impressed you can wait that long

Lindsey
#30 of 770 Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey8 View Post
I wouldn't order any either - I did order 10, but they arrived way in time (lol).

I'm impressed you can wait that long
I am a late tester I think. I tested + on 14 DPO with DS...I have one test waiting on me...it's calling my name...telling me that it will give me a +!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So getting more tests would be pointless!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page