Getting ready to TTC #3, swaying for a boy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are getting ready to TTC, sometime in mid-2010.
We'd like to try for a boy this time! I know it's not fool-proof but we'd like to try to sway for a boy...any tips or experience? Got any great links to share?

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Well I've never tried for a boy or for a girl but we DTD the O day and ended up with a boy both times (and we DTD on O day this time we we're assuming it's another boy).
I think that goes along with the shettles method (from what i've read, I haven't really done research on it too much)

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM

We did just that! And as you can see from my signature, whether it was coincidental or not, it worked! We used the "gender diet" and I think it is shettles that says to DTD as close to O as possible. So I used OPKs and charted, cut out dairy and ate a lot of red meat and OJ to make the vagina a more male sperm friendly environment. I also dabbed a touch of baking soda on my finger and then inserted (yes in there) about an hour before DTD to ensure an alkaline environment.
I am sorry, the link to the gender diet I used doesn't work anymore (they probably found some way to make people pay for it, but I'm sure you can google it and get some other info) but here's the one I used for the Shettles info :
http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Sele...ttles_Boy.aspx

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 PM

Im a stats freak so I like to play with the FF chart gallery search...

and its not scientific or anything but it certainly DOES show more girls than boys for DTD 2/3 days before O but more boys than girls for DTD the day before/day of O

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

cool. we decided to start TTC now even though I'm still EBF my DD. I'll look into the diet more and try to time DTD...but my cycles can be pretty wacky http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/188af4 so we'll see how we do on the timing.

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM

we tried timing BD close to O with DS, and he's a boy. I think it can take an extra couple cycles, especially if you are very conservative the first cycle or two. I know it at least feels good to know you're doing something to influence gender, even if in actuality we aren't. (Speaking for myself, I'm a control freak and that kind of thing feeds my need to be in control )

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

User Tag List