Mothering Forum banner

January Obsess and Test

21K views 538 replies 55 participants last post by  NeverBeenHappier 
#1 ·
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!

We love cheap tests.
We love buying tests in bulk.
We have spent more on tests this cycle than we care to admit anywhere outside of this forum.

That twinge? Oh that could be implantation!
Am I nauseated or is it just that food I ate earlier?
Hello body? Could you just give me a definite sign?!

If you have ever even thought any of these comments, or something similar, this is where you can come to share. Post your tests to be scrutinized, whine about how long it is to get from 3dpo when you have your ovulation confirmed to 7dpo when you promised yourself you would wait to test.

See less See more
#252 ·
Congrats isfa!!

chainedangel I always get stronger lines with SMU. But I dont know what I would do if I was in your situation with only one test. Most probably I would pee on it straight away, then feel silly for doing so, then go out and buy some more

My DH is the same when it comes to spending money on HPTs. And I have a hard enough time spending money on myself as it is thinking that there could be other stuff to spend it on, without him adding to the guilt!

Sorry I dont keep up much with the personals on here. I dont seem to get a big enough chunk of time to spend on it. I try to keep an eye out for the BFP's though!
I took an IC this morning and I swear there is the faintest pink line there. I'm 9DPO. I also have major metal mouth, slightly queasy and my cervix went to high, soft and closed today. It went high last time I was pg too at 9DPO. Usually after O it stays low/long and hard until AF.

Here's my IC from this morn. Can you see it? It is so hard to photograph. I can just see it on the invert though I think..

#254 ·
I agree with stronger bfp from smu though i have NO clue why. it would be logical that fmu would...

Im FINALLY today at 18dpo getting lines on my ICs that are ALMOST visible before the ink dissipates off the test. Still not visible at all while the ink is going across it. Im not liking my ICs
(that is to say, they are always visible after the test is done being taken... but the control shows up first even now. so I have a few moments of panic like am i really NOT pregnant)

and yes im still taking them, watching the line get darker every day and seeing the progress lined up on my table is awesome.

but I will still love them to death if this is a boy... and I swear it is a boy.

#256 ·
Hey everyone- guess I am gonna post here too since I am obsessivly testing...lol!

10 DPO today - NEG test.....

Hanging on still- temp dipped some today- still have nausea and such...metal mouth too- just started that yesterday and that really makes me feel pukey.

Will test again tomorrow morning- thinking about using SMU since you guys seem to feel it produces a stronger result. Anyways- hi!

#258 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I think tomorrow, I will do both a FMU *AND* a SMU test! Heres to getting my BFP!!!

(btw, I'm taking votes)
!

#259 ·
Well I'm still here. Guess what arrived in mail yesterday? 10 new tests. These are supposed to be super sensitive. As in pick up hcg at 10-15 mliu or however you say it. They say between 7-14 dpo you can get a poz. Since i may be possibly between 6-9 dpo today, I thought, what the hey. Ok, I took one yesterday when they arrived, but BFN. FMU this am was BFN. But I couldn't resist trying SMU also, and whats weird is a line developed after the time limit on the most recent test. Not pink, but very visible nonetheless. I couldn't help but think that was interesting. Nothing definitive of course, but neither of the other two tests ever developed a line of any kind. I know, I have checked them a bunch of times. Still interesting. What's weird is I was gonna take a pic, but a short time later it was gone... wth? Ah well.

Temp still above CL but not very high. Still don't know what's going on. Was anyone able to check out my FF chart? Well if you get a chance, thanks.

What strikes me though is I have had major metal mouth for 3 days. It is very vividly there. I think it may mean something. Does anyone get metal mouth in the 2ww, per usual? I have also had a few lightheaded moments each day for a few days. Noticeable and new. And and have thought I was coming down with something a couple times, felt hot and stuff, but maybe that is just projesterone? If in fact O occurred. Still trying to figure that one out.

Beloved K -right there with you testing with FMU and SMu tomorrow, lol. FX for us both! That was awesome, on that psychic lady thread. I don't blame you.

Maeryn-great lines!

Kingsdaughter-when did your metal mouth start?

ifsa- CONGRATULATIONS!

Melly- I can see something. BUt I have major line vision, apparently.

chainangel-let us know what develops! cant wait to hear

enigo- i already feel like i've given up hope, even though i am only maybe possibly 6-9dpo. we'll see tomorrow

#262 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
BFN
No doubt about it
11dpo, it should be there by now on a Dollar Tree test. I'm not giving up yet, but the hope is gone, really.

Metal mouth sounds like a good sign, I can't wait for you to test, good luck

I had a line on 12dpo evening on a FRER that was so light it would NOT have been visible on 11dpo....

#263 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I had a line on 12dpo evening on a FRER that was so light it would NOT have been visible on 11dpo....

I'm keeping the faith, I really have/had a feeling this month. I think if it wasn't so stark white... was yours so white it blinded you on 11dpo??

#264 ·
the only test i did on 11dpo was the saveontests one

but my 10dpo FRER indeed was as white as the snow outside.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/P1060770.jpg

and my 13dpo evening FRER was so very faint that if I werent an obsess and tester... I wouldnt have seen it. So I am sure at 11dpo it would have been white.

(quite sorry for saying 12, it wasnt until 13dpo that my FRER showed up)

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5150.jpg
http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5152.jpg

in the unedited (bottom) one you would NOT think there were a line if you were not obsessing, right?

but ah, there was!

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5166.jpg

that is what they looked like by 14dpo (still edited) and even 15dpo was somewhat light, though by then I got a digi +

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5182.jpg

So, by far, I would not count myself out even at 13dpo ever again.

#268 ·
Quote:

wouldnt have done ME any good then. but might you I guess... and your tests are only a dollar right? so if you want....
I think I'm going to make another trip to the DT
They seriously know me there, I buy armloads of HPTs

I am actually feeling slight crampiness, not a good sign

#269 ·
Tara2- metal mouth started yesterday for me...off and on all day, not so much yet today...

AFM: 11 DPO - and yup- another negative! :-( Temp went back up today and I would almost think that *maybe* just maybe it was an implantation dip...any chart obsessors wanna lookie? :) It wasn't a huge dip- so I dunno. I suppose I am grabbing at any possiblity.

I will test again tomorrow! Keeping my chin up! It ain't over till its over!

#270 ·
Quote:

wouldnt have done ME any good then. but might you I guess... and your tests are only a dollar right? so if you want....
YOU are my inspiration MaerynPearl! I will not give up yet because of your BFP history, you remind us ladies that we need to hang in there till we fully hit 14 DPO or so. Thanks

#276 ·
Quote:

im getting AF cramps like... enough to worry me that i will go to the bathroom and wipe... and find blood.

but no... just normal.
I had a bunch of cramps with all my pregnancies in the beginning- so yeah- very normal! IN fact on my 4 m/c I never had any cramps- until after I started bleeding! So to me- cramps equal a growing and stretching uterus- and no cramps for me meant a pregnancy that was not growing right. As long as your crampiness is not severe then I wouldn't worry any. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.