January Obsess and Test - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maeryn- You just struck on something I'd not considered. I don't use tampons and I don't have cramps. All my friends use tampons and they have horrible cramps. Hmmm. I might mention this to them and see if we can get a little experiment going...

AFM- I'm waiting to O. Next Monday--hopefully...going to start the bding tomorrow night. We won't have any on Saturday (from noon on Friday-Sunday afternoon) but I figure that's okay as long as we ttc on Friday morning and then Sunday afternoon and Sunday night. I'm not too worried. Luckily then I'll be at the beach for my grampa's 90th so won't be able to obsess or test until at least 8 dpo.

See y'all soon!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#482 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM

Thanks all for your advice. I did NOT POAS today.. mulling over the thoughts you had and, yeah, maybe I haven't O'd yet... tho, I was so super certain I O'd on CD24-25 (no temps yet). I guess only time will tell and I'll try my best to patiently wait it out...

Concerning the low temps- I was actually really worried when I got my first few low temps. I stalked charts on FF and asked around my charting RL friends and the consensus seems to be that the occasional woman just runs low (and, I know non-bbt I run low- my oral temp is usually 97.9 when I'm healthly) Regardless, I do agree with you that it would be really weird to have such low temps AFTER O, and esp after an implantation. So, certainly I'm not pg yet and probably I've not O'd yet... though, without the beginning of the cycle data or a coverline, I can't help but hold out a tiny bit of hope

How much effect DOES environment play on BBT? I like to sleep cold as the dead of winter- no covers, fan on me. I'm temping vag, syk.

Concerning the EWCM &+opks- MaerynPearl- you pinned it- I think I'm going to have lots of false starts and stops before I finally do O. (I've actually given up OPKs for this cycle b/c I was out and b/c seeing a + isn't making me act any different- we're trying to BD as much as humanly possible with a bed-sharing nursling anyway )

Thanks for the advice. and for saving me a FRER. The wait continues...

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#483 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
Maeryn- You just struck on something I'd not considered. I don't use tampons and I don't have cramps. All my friends use tampons and they have horrible cramps. Hmmm. I might mention this to them and see if we can get a little experiment going...
Oh I am by far not the only one to experience this!

Many women who switch from tampons to Diva Cups (or other brand of menstrual cup) go from having cramps... some having horrible cramps... to almost none.

Not all women get rid of their cramps by switching, but many do.

When it happened for me I was totally convinced that the tampons were causing me to have worse cramps!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#484 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Oh I am by far not the only one to experience this!

Many women who switch from tampons to Diva Cups (or other brand of menstrual cup) go from having cramps... some having horrible cramps... to almost none.

Not all women get rid of their cramps by switching, but many do.

When it happened for me I was totally convinced that the tampons were causing me to have worse cramps!

When I switched from tampons to cup, my cramps got a lot better. They didn't disappear, but I have endo, so that adds certainly to the cramping.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#485 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post

When I switched from tampons to cup, my cramps got a lot better. They didn't disappear, but I have endo, so that adds certainly to the cramping.
Ditto.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#486 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM

I didn't test today!!!

But only because I didn't get them in the mail yet. That was actually a good strategy. I almost bought some tests at the grocery today and but thought I would have some in my mailbox when I got home so I didn't want to waste any money on extra tests. Oh well. This waiting is making me stronger.

I did have a weird, completely irrational fit this morning about a parking spot and then started crying. Then I was starving again at 10 am and craving pizza. I keep getting headaches, I'm really tired and my breasts are getting more and more sore. So I'm either having some monster crazy PMS like I've never had before or maybe I'm pregnant!!!!

Uh oh - DH just asked me to run to Walmart for something - can I resist the urge??????

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
#487 of 539 Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Grrr... tests arrived in mail today. But instead of 25 opks and 25 hpts like I ordered, they sent me 50 OPKs. What is the good of that? Why did they screw up my order. Wondfo brand, ordered through Amazon. Anyone else have this experience? I am not happy. I did try an opk out and it was negative this afternoon.

Also seem to be getting the flu. Woke with sore throat, evolved to headache this afternoon. Feel like I am getting a fever but my temp is normal. This sucks.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#488 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM

I am stressing ladies. S-T-R-E-S-S-I-N-G. I have no sign of AF, I tested today and got BFN. Stark white on an internet cheapie. I've been testing since 8dpo. This is so ridiculous. It says AF is due tomorrow, but no spotting. I feel like it's coming, I really do, so I'm not expecting a BFP or anything, but dammit. What is going on with my temps, and where is my typical spotting I get one to two to three days before AF? I temp at the same damn time every morning, in the same clothes, with the same blankets. I handed the thermometer to DH this morning, so I could roll over and go back to sleep and I heard him say "GEEZ." Then of course I freaked out and said "What??!" And he was like "it's kinda high, I think." An low and behold it was high (for me). I'm so annoyed at my body. Where is my damn period?!?! Ughhh. Sorry to whine and complain. Anyone go through this recently?

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#489 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 01:55 PM

I totally could have written your post. My patience is gone. I am cranky. It took me hours to get to sleep last night, woke up every couple of hours, finally got up at 5am and fell back asleep on the couch for 30 minutes before having to go to class. I am cramping and pissed off that my dollar store test has a big ugly evap on it instead of the nice bright BFP that would be there if I was actually pregnant and not just having a 15 day long LP for the first time maybe ever. FF told me I could test two freaking days ago and now just taunts me with that nice little "Your luteal phase is longer than usual. Take a test, you may be pregnant" which gives me the urge to through my computer...or pee on it. I think if I had an LP this long every month, I'd have lost my mind entirely by now.

And as for the obsessing, I have a pee stick in my pocket right now...and it went to class with me just so I could stare at it while I was in traffic. I kept thinking about having to come back to MDC and explain how I wrecked my car. After over 2 freaking years, it's official, I have gone crazy.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#490 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I totally could have written your post. My patience is gone. I am cranky. It took me hours to get to sleep last night, woke up every couple of hours, finally got up at 5am and fell back asleep on the couch for 30 minutes before having to go to class. I am cramping and pissed off that my dollar store test has a big ugly evap on it instead of the nice bright BFP that would be there if I was actually pregnant and not just having a 15 day long LP for the first time maybe ever. FF told me I could test two freaking days ago and now just taunts me with that nice little "Your luteal phase is longer than usual. Take a test, you may be pregnant" which gives me the urge to through my computer...or pee on it. I think if I had an LP this long every month, I'd have lost my mind entirely by now.

And as for the obsessing, I have a pee stick in my pocket right now...and it went to class with me just so I could stare at it while I was in traffic. I kept thinking about having to come back to MDC and explain how I wrecked my car. After over 2 freaking years, it's official, I have gone crazy.
I think I just peed myself reading this!! WTH is up with this crap?! And then you start researching all the late BFP's that don't show up until 19/20 dpo and make yourself appear even more batty, right? All this, and yet we still keep TESTING! I am embarassed, EMBARASSED to admit to how many HPT's I have taken over the course of this last week. I have an addiction, I can't even admit it to DH. He would seriously make me go in for psychological testing I just want two lines! Is that TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?! I say if your LP is 2 days past where it's supposed to be, it's not fair for us to get BFNs. I'm putting an official complaint in to the big guy in charge.

PS- thanks for telling me about the HPT in your pocket. Now I'm kicking myself for not bringing one to work with me to take this PM.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#491 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
I am stressing ladies. S-T-R-E-S-S-I-N-G. I have no sign of AF, I tested today and got BFN. Stark white on an internet cheapie. I've been testing since 8dpo. This is so ridiculous. It says AF is due tomorrow, but no spotting. I feel like it's coming, I really do, so I'm not expecting a BFP or anything, but dammit. What is going on with my temps, and where is my typical spotting I get one to two to three days before AF? I temp at the same damn time every morning, in the same clothes, with the same blankets. I handed the thermometer to DH this morning, so I could roll over and go back to sleep and I heard him say "GEEZ." Then of course I freaked out and said "What??!" And he was like "it's kinda high, I think." An low and behold it was high (for me). I'm so annoyed at my body. Where is my damn period?!?! Ughhh. Sorry to whine and complain. Anyone go through this recently?
I think maybe you O'd later. FF CHs are dotted which means they aren't sure either. I think even as late as cd23 but cd20 looks more reasonable? So it may just be too early for a BFP. Temps look great so don't lose hope yet!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#492 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Thanks HJ- I just went and messed around with the different settings (research, fertility awareness etc) and each one gave me a different O date, either one day ahead or one day before . Ugh. So who the heck knows? I could go in for a Beta, but I asked for one last week and the nurse told me it was probably too early, but she'd do it anyway, and it was -. So I'll feel like a complete retard if I ask for another one! I'll just try and hang tight until something happens!

#493 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 05:03 PM

SimplyRochelle and Nanette56- you are not alone!!!!! LOL. I feel very similar!

Sigh... todays temp is down. They have been up and down for like 4 days now, so I think once again I did not ovulate. BUT I am not very surprised or disappointed this time (okay, a bit) because I was fairly good at not getting my hopes up this time (except for looking back at my 3 days ago hpt and checking it all day for developments, LMAO. So no O. Otherwise, how could my temps do that? I never have that on a cycle in which I am pregnant. in fact I never have that on a cycle in which I have o'd but not pregnant. I must not have ovulated...once again... Sigh. This is just not normal.

What do you think? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b120f

OF course today I got a positive OPK... again... first time in more than a week. Means either a) I am pg. b) I am crazy. c) My body is gearing up again for (yet another!) attempt at O. Yes, I took an IC JIC, and pretty much another hard to see shadow line on there. Like the pic I posted out on the board a few days ago. I will try to post a pic here later, since I AM obsessive, lol.

Take your pick.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#494 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Tara- WOW. What a headache! That chart makes me dizzy just looking at it. I think it's a or c. You are not crazy. Wanna hear about crazy? I just left work to run to Publix and get some HPTs. I took a CBE digi with watered down pee here at 2pm. (What the hell was I thinking?!) Oy. Thank goodness the weekend is here, and I can find OTHER things to occupy my mind. I'm going bonkers. I really do want to hurry up and start AF because I have this whole new treatment regime and I can't start it until CD1! knows and she's teasing me with these high temps. The witch.

#495 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM

Nanette, I know I shouldn't start trouble but...man that is one pregnant looking chart!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#496 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 PM

Please move me to waiting to O!!!

AF arrived on our first day of holidays at the beach...I was prepared as my temp had dropped that morning. Im now cd5 and gearing up to get my body ready. My DH goes away next sunday cd13 and im flying to see him the following weekend cd18 so we may have a shot depending on O day, I usually O between 18-21 days, im kinda hoping for the cd 19 or 20 this cycle, otherwise it wont be until march that we try again. I started accupunture yesterday and my therapist wasnt suprised that its been 5 months with nothing but assures me that my body will be prepared shortly. I thought i'd give the accupunture a go and see what happens....

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#497 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Nanette, I know I shouldn't start trouble but...man that is one pregnant looking chart!
Thanks girlie *SIGH* If it was someone else's chart I would say the same! But after 13 cycles of this B.S., I just don't expect anything, AND I feel like there's no way I wouldn't have even a hint of something on a sensitive test by now

#498 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Ladies, are you ready to obsess with me? I am still very, very skeptic because it showed up after the time limit and I know people have been having lots of hopes crushed with pink foil FRERs. BUT....the line definitely has the slightest hint of pink, especially at the ends of the line. And I think it kinda showed up with my crappy camera phone picture. I wish I didn't have to go out at 10:30 tonight to get DH from work (b/c a belt on our car broke!) so that I could go to bed early hah.

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=5523

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=5522

#499 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

you call that FAINT???????

so when you due?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#500 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Ladies, are you ready to obsess with me? I am still very, very skeptic because it showed up after the time limit and I know people have been having lots of hopes crushed with pink foil FRERs. BUT....the line definitely has the slightest hint of pink, especially at the ends of the line. And I think it kinda showed up with my crappy camera phone picture. I wish I didn't have to go out at 10:30 tonight to get DH from work (b/c a belt on our car broke!) so that I could go to bed early hah.

EEEEEEE!!!!! Looks like a pretty damn clear line to me hon!!!!!

#501 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Err... nvm

you are due Oct 3rd

(because your FF is off by a day)

#502 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 PM

FF says September 30th, but I think I will just tell people October. Although I totally don't believe it at all. Not even one little bit. It showed up wayyyy after the time limit. I had a blighted ovum that we didn't find out about until 12 weeks and I feel like even that was darker at 14dpo than this thing and I got that bfp on a $ store test, which still showed very bfn for me this morning.

#503 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
FF says September 30th, but I think I will just tell people October. Although I totally don't believe it at all. Not even one little bit. It showed up wayyyy after the time limit. I had a blighted ovum that we didn't find out about until 12 weeks and I feel like even that was darker at 14dpo than this thing and I got that bfp on a $ store test, which still showed very bfn for me this morning.
your adjusted LMP is Dec 27th... which gives you a due date of October 3rd (and I adjusted your LMP with your adjusted O date because FF has your O date a day before it is... by the looks of your former charts)

#504 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I can totally without a doubt see the line, but it looks colorless/grayish to me on my monitor. I hope I'm wrong though. Do you have any more tests? I hope you get one within the time limit very soon.
#505 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 PM

Oh, I'll definitely be testing in the morning. In real life, there is a pink tint to it but I don't trust it.

#506 of 539 Old 01-22-2010, 11:49 PM

Rochelle- if that line is faint I've been using the wrong tests.

Congratulations! Now go introduce yourself in the Oct '10 DDC. And send some baby dust back over here.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#507 of 539 Old 01-23-2010, 11:36 AM

All BFNs this morning, a FRER, a digi, and a $ store test.This just totally confirms that I need to invent a flushable HPT. I even got another super super faint PINK line again after the time limit with FRER before I went to sleep last night after a 4 hour hold. Zip, zilch, nada today. I give up.

#508 of 539 Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 AM

You could just be one that tests better with afternoon pee. (I also replied in The One thread). Don't lose hope yet!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#509 of 539 Old 01-23-2010, 12:05 PM

I used them all up except another digi. I don't think I can go out and spend another $15 just to see nothing. Just can't take it today. I will just wait and wait and wait. Thank you ladies though.

#510 of 539 Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 PM

Aaaaaaaaack! Simply Rochelle- how maddening for you! Can you go get a blood draw? That has got to tell the tale by now? A thousand hugs for you, hon. I know this must be ridiculously frustrating.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page