• TTC #1 in our 30's January • Ring In The BFPs!! • - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
How's the surgery recovery? Are you feeling back to your old self yet? (Or, you know, to your newer, better, non-obsessing self?)
lol, yeah I'm getting there. I'm still sore inside, and I don't feel up to yoga yet or anything. One of my incisions looks totally awesome-almost healed. The others have some work to do. This week was really hard and draining (going back to work) so I'm enjoying the time to take it easy and recover this weekend. I think it'll take another week or two before I feel like I'm 100% again. But, wheeeeee, no hideous growth on my ovary!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Adorkable. I just joined your group but I wanted to offer you big I have no idea what it feels like to have a loved one deployed but I'm sure every emotion you're feeling is very valid. Best of luck to you and your hubby.

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

12dpo bfn don't want to deal with the whole testing crap this cycle, won't test again till I hit 16dpo, my average. Super messed up in my lower gut today reallllly messed up gas cramps, has only compounded the whining. I'll shut up now.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbian Mama View Post
Hi Adorkable. I just joined your group but I wanted to offer you big I have no idea what it feels like to have a loved one deployed but I'm sure every emotion you're feeling is very valid. Best of luck to you and your hubby.

Missed this at first since it was on a new page for me. Thank you tons, yeah it's hard but it is also pretty amazing in other ways. Your catching me in a rare whiny pile of poop mood, I'm usally a much stronger woman. Welcome to the thread! I might have missed it, can I get your age and when you started ttc and a link to a chart if you have one? I'll add you to the main list.

This thread is some of the best ladies in the world, welcome aboard! May beginers luck grant you a BFP soon as can be!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
Missed this at first since it was on a new page for me. Thank you tons, yeah it's hard but it is also pretty amazing in other ways. Your catching me in a rare whiny pile of poop mood, I'm usally a much stronger woman. Welcome to the thread! I might have missed it, can I get your age and when you started ttc and a link to a chart if you have one? I'll add you to the main list.

This thread is some of the best ladies in the world, welcome aboard! May beginers luck grant you a BFP soon as can be!
Yeah for whiny piles of poop! That's me today. Woke up with a head cold and so much work to do. Didn't get anything done. I really, really want to go for a walk in the beautiful weather (I love the cold), but I don't really feel well enough, so I've just been sitting like a lump all day. Then this woman I know announces on facebook that she's due the month I was supposed to be. I knew she'd have kids someday, and she and her husband truly will be great parents, but I always assumed I'd get pregnant first.

Done wallowing now, sorry. Don't mean to bring down what should be a supportive and positive thread.

Adorkable--is he in Haiti already? If so, . What an honorable thing, but it must be so difficult for you.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

No he's still here, we have no idea when he'll leave but signs are pointing to it being a very little warning senerio. Another unit left with 24hr notice! So we are rushing around getting things ready, there is just so much to do.

I just really wish I could be CD10 or something like that right now. I would feel so much chippery and motivated. If his last days here are with me all pmsy or with cramps, it wil just suck.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Here's the link to subscribe to the Berkeley Parents Network. They have about nine different newsletters including a wicked helpful advice newsletter.

I know how you and your wife feel about finding a Mexican donor. I'm black and looked for a black donor who met my other criteria. I didn't want to ship sperm so I looked at the four banks in the Bay Area and didn't find any donors I liked. After lots of soul searching I decided to use a donor of another ethnicity and become a multi-cultural family :-)

I hope you don't have to worry about switching banks because this donor will work for you. How long have you all been TTC?

Thanks for the link. I'm going to sign up! I'm glad you found peace with your decision to have a multi-cultural family. That's awesome! I'm going to check out your blog tonight. I love reading TTC blogs, especially if they are written by non-traditional families. I did a little wedding blog when my DW and I got married in San Francisco during the summer that it became legal, and I was thinking about doing a TTC blog, but I don't know if I would feel comfortable writing about something so personal. I bought some journals this weekend (actual paper journals- OMG! hehe) and I'm going to write in them for our future child. A TTC journal and a pregnancy and early babyhood/childhood journal to give him/her someday. I think it would be interesting for them to read all my thoughts on this journey. They will surely know how much they are loved and how hard we worked to bring them into the world. And this process is a lot more emotional than I thought it would be. It will be good to get a lot of the thoughts and emotions out. We're only on our 2nd cycle trying. Last cycle we only used one vial of sperm because I wasn't sure on the O date because it was so early and we didn't want to waste the second one if I was wrong. I turned out to be right, though. This time we've got three vials coming. We're giving ourselves 1 year of TTC and if it doesn't work (with everything short of IVF) then we're going to foster/adopt. So either way in the next two years or so we'll be mamas.

Adorkable- Sorry you're feeling like poop. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for 16dpo!!

Tear- Yay for no growths!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM

Oohh, I love family blogs! And by that I mean crafting, cooking, wedding, TTC, baby, childhood, political, philosophical and move review blogs! I know we can't link directly to our blogs from a post we make but could we have a blog roll call as part of the first post? I don't know if the rules would allow that or not...

Adorkable, I'm so sorry for your bfn and for the bad mood. I imagine you are under a great deal of stress and the prospect of your beloved husband being gone almost instantaneously for an unspecified length of time just makes it that more heart wrenching...I'm so sorry...but I'm so thankful for his and your service. We are truly blessed because of both of you.

Tear78- I'm glad recovery is going well!

Monarchgrrl and newbian mama- I have a technical question I suppose...how do you know how much of a vial to use? Did someone tell you? Is a vial like one times worth or do they condense multiple tries into one vial? When I think of a vial of something I think of like a very small test tube--like a blood taking vial...sorry for the awkward question. I'm just curious but if it is invasive, inappropriate, or none of anyone's business feel free to say so.

Laggie and Blanca78- How are things going?

I'm chillin' at the shore for my Grampa's birthday with my family as opposed to freezing as I would be if I were at home. I'm having symptoms that I'm dismissing as progesterone related or psychosomatic...but I'm not testing...and I'm trying not to even think about it...really...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

Monarchgrrl and newbian mama- I have a technical question I suppose...how do you know how much of a vial to use? Did someone tell you? Is a vial like one times worth or do they condense multiple tries into one vial? When I think of a vial of something I think of like a very small test tube--like a blood taking vial...sorry for the awkward question. I'm just curious but if it is invasive, inappropriate, or none of anyone's business feel free to say so.

Jenne

Jenne- Nothing is off limits for me. I'm an open book. There is one try per vial. They are very small. Smaller than blood taking vials. There is usually only 1cc (1 ml) of fluid in the vial of unwashed sperm (for ICI). I just read last night that about 3 vials of frozen sperm equal the same amount of fluid in a fresh ejaculate. I think there is about .5 cc's of washed sperm in the IUI vials. I could be wrong on that, though. I'm pretty sure I read that in one of my books. You would use the whole vial per try. This cycle we've ordered 3 vials. So, we will inseminate 3 times around O. Frozen sperm only lives about 12 hours inside the body so timing is more critical than when using fresh sperm.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post

Thank you for the beginner's luck! I've been 32 years old for exactly one week :-) I guess you can say I started TTC January 2010 although I missed my O date so my first time with the sperm (LOL) will be February 2010. No link to my FF chart as I obsess over it enough :-)

I sincerely hope you are feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm going to sign up! I'm glad you found peace with your decision to have a multi-cultural family. That's awesome! I'm going to check out your blog tonight. I love reading TTC blogs, especially if they are written by non-traditional families. I did a little wedding blog when my DW and I got married in San Francisco during the summer that it became legal, and I was thinking about doing a TTC blog, but I don't know if I would feel comfortable writing about something so personal. I bought some journals this weekend (actual paper journals- OMG! hehe) and I'm going to write in them for our future child. A TTC journal and a pregnancy and early babyhood/childhood journal to give him/her someday. I think it would be interesting for them to read all my thoughts on this journey. They will surely know how much they are loved and how hard we worked to bring them into the world. And this process is a lot more emotional than I thought it would be. It will be good to get a lot of the thoughts and emotions out. We're only on our 2nd cycle trying. Last cycle we only used one vial of sperm because I wasn't sure on the O date because it was so early and we didn't want to waste the second one if I was wrong. I turned out to be right, though. This time we've got three vials coming. We're giving ourselves 1 year of TTC and if it doesn't work (with everything short of IVF) then we're going to foster/adopt. So either way in the next two years or so we'll be mamas.
If you do start a blog I'd love to read it. Do you still have your wedding blog up online? I looked through your photo album here at MDC and your pictures are gorgeous, including the ones of you and your brother as children. I heart Gavin Newsom for those couple of months in 2004 when everything was right in the world... but I digress :-)

I think a journal to your future child is a wonderful idea. I have read some of my mother's diary (with her permission), written when she was pregnant with me and it brought us even closer together. One of the reasons I want to remain anonymous online is so I can be as open as I want to be. I think if people knew who I was, I'd censor myself too much.

I love that you have many plans and they all end with you becoming mamas

Quote:
Oohh, I love family blogs! And by that I mean crafting, cooking, wedding, TTC, baby, childhood, political, philosophical and move review blogs! I know we can't link directly to our blogs from a post we make but could we have a blog roll call as part of the first post? I don't know if the rules would allow that or not...
Quote:

Laggie and Blanca78- How are things going?

I'm chillin' at the shore for my Grampa's birthday with my family as opposed to freezing as I would be if I were at home. I'm having symptoms that I'm dismissing as progesterone related or psychosomatic...but I'm not testing...and I'm trying not to even think about it...really...

Jenne
Hi Jenne . I love to read blogs as well, especially the ones about people's lives. I am always amazed at the different lives we all lead yet we have many commonalities.

Monarchgrrl gave a great answer on the sperm. I think you are thinking of a 10mL vial for the blood. The vial of sperm for an ICI (intra cervical insemination) is 1/10th of that so we use all of it. Also, we have to be careful inserting the needle-less syringe into the vial so none of it spills. It's a very technical, very emotional dance.

Ooh a day at the shore with you Grampa sounds lovely. I hope you are enjoying your family and not stressing about testing. Are you one of the No Stressors in the other thread?

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM

Hello ladies!

Orandalady, have you heard any results yet? How did your evening with the girls go?

Adorkable, I'm so sorry to hear you're in a such a bad place right now. I can't imagine the heartbreak of being separated from your hubby so unexpectedly and for an unknown time. I just have a good feeling about your chart this month and I'm very excited for you on that front. After the bad news about DH, I'm hoping the universe balances things out for you with some good baby news.

Newbian Mama and Monarchgrrl, I know you don't use your vials frozen but it just sounds soooo when you call it that lol. Are they very expensive? Do you keep a menstrual cup in afterward to make sure none escape? I think I'd be paranoid about that sort of thing if I got only a couple shots at each O. Of course I know its all about timing, not quantity, but sometimes my brain isn't always logical lol.

Blanca 78, I hope you get over your cold quickly

Jenne, I'm not sure if we're allowed to post blog links in our posts but I'm pretty sure you can post them on your profile page. I also love family blogs, and I love learning about domestic stuff in them like sewing and cooking, etc. Its so 50's of me, but I can't help it. I love my home more than any job I can think of hehe.

AFM, I was feeling kinda crampy and didn't' feel like cooking on Friday night, so we picked up some take out instead. Oh, was that ever a mistake! I felt so sick the rest of the night and most of Saturday. I'm feeling better now but I'm *still* waiting for AF. Still have some cramping, tiredness and spotting, but still no sign of her. Its making me antsy, 'cause I just want it over with so I can get back to the fun part of waiting to O again. I even took another HPT just in case but negative again. Gonna give knitting another try to keep my mind of things tonight.

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetina View Post

Newbian Mama and Monarchgrrl, I know you don't use your vials frozen but it just sounds soooo when you call it that lol. Are they very expensive? Do you keep a menstrual cup in afterward to make sure none escape? I think I'd be paranoid about that sort of thing if I got only a couple shots at each O. Of course I know its all about timing, not quantity, but sometimes my brain isn't always logical lol.
LOL at the ! I'm local to my sperm bank so the vial comes packed in dry ice which is cold but if it were shipped, it'd be even colder. And we have to unthaw them to room temperature before use so they're nice and toasty

The bank I use charges $500 per ICI (intra cervical) vial. Prices usually range from $300 to $700 per vial. I don't use a menstrual cup as I've read that a lot of sperm can escape when the cup is removed. It is recommended to remain lying down after insemination. Some people turn on their side, stomach, side, and back to help the sperm coat the cervix. Actually, quantity is important too as is sperm motility. Lots to think about, plan, et cetera, but it will all be worth it

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

Old 02-01-2010, 01:15 AM

Newbian--Wait, so your birthday was last Sunday? If so, I'm exactly a week older than you! I turned 32 January 17th. Happy birthday!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
Newbian--Wait, so your birthday was last Sunday? If so, I'm exactly a week older than you! I turned 32 January 17th. Happy birthday!
Well happy birthday to the both of us! I think 32 is going to R-O-C-K!

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Well happy birthday to the both of us! I think 32 is going to R-O-C-K!
Here's hoping!

Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

February's Thread is Up, come on over and spread the love!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2#post15009962

User Tag List