~*Bitter Sushi Ladies - January*~ - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
What do you think??? It's not low, is it??? I'm psyched about the progesterone levels!
At 11dpo thats actually a very very nice number!

Not exactly high, far from being low... and the progesterone number is great. Funny how they nearly match!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#482 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
LZP

LIS! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY for a boy with a name! i cried a little there. YAY for starting the BSL grad thread. that will be sooo good. or maybe it could be the BSL Love thread or BSL stalking thread, so that all us BSLs feel welcome, grad or not? thoughts?

Lyndzies- those numbers sound great!!!!!!!!! that corresponds with implantation at like 5DPO... which would be perfect, and coincide with your symps!!!

dont let them worry you. your progesterone is fabu too. it's time to get REALLY excited now.

can't wait to hear the results from this week!

YYYM, i think it's a good idea to have the BSL specific thread, too, I was just offering another opinion/viewpoint. I too hope that you dont hit that year mark. it's a doozy. now we can all stalk each other freely. woo hoo!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#483 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
At 11dpo thats actually a very very nice number!

Not exactly high, far from being low... and the progesterone number is great. Funny how they nearly match!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Lyndzies- those numbers sound great!!!!!!!!! that corresponds with implantation at like 5DPO... which would be perfect, and coincide with your symps!!!
Certainly explains the BFP digi at 10dpo!

Feeling good, ladies. Feeling good! Oh, what a relief (esp the progesterone).

Looking forward to seeing some good doubling time, though, of course. But less cautious than before.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#484 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 06:38 PM

I will post personals later, I have been lurking all day feeling sad and sorry for myself I am trying to pull out of a funk. DH is having some family issues and has been sort of taking them out on me. I talked to him today though and finally got through to him, but have been weepy all day, and I mean weepy.

I don't have the video yet, but got a few pictures. I'll share

Shrouded in the veil as I danced the first part of the dance
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...34037_9968.jpg

A closeup (you can sort of see the costume (I made from scratch

and one of me dancing

Whatever will be, already is...

#485 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
lisko15 - yay! Over the moon happy for you about the little boy growing inside!!!

AFM - just got my 11 dpo beta #s back.... HCG = 47 and progesterone = 42!!!

They are concerned because they think the HCG is low... mostly because I am stupid and told them at the appointment that my LMP was 12/24... so they thought I was 16 dpo and not 11 (despite what I told them).

But I think it's GREAT! What do you think??? It's not low, is it??? I'm psyched about the progesterone levels!

Going back in first thing tomorrow to get a repeat beta. I'll be 15dpo (by my count lol)
I would mention at your next appt that you were mistaken and your LMP was actually whatever date 14 days before your O is. It will save you loads of freakedoutedness. You've gotta watch your dates too if you are planning on delivering in the hospital. Many docs seem to like to use the "you are overdue, let's yank that baby out" when you aren't even actually due yet by your dates. Just my two cents sorry. Don't get me started.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#486 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM

I just saw, LISKO!! a BOYYYY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

How so exciting!!!!!!! I was silly and posted my pictures and totally missed the other posts, dont know what happened

#487 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
I would mention at your next appt that you were mistaken and your LMP was actually whatever date 14 days before your O is. It will save you loads of freakedoutedness. You've gotta watch your dates too if you are planning on delivering in the hospital. Many docs seem to like to use the "you are overdue, let's yank that baby out" when you aren't even actually due yet by your dates. Just my two cents sorry. Don't get me started.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#488 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I will post personals later, I have been lurking all day feeling sad and sorry for myself I am trying to pull out of a funk. DH is having some family issues and has been sort of taking them out on me. I talked to him today though and finally got through to him, but have been weepy all day, and I mean weepy.

I don't have the video yet, but got a few pictures. I'll share

Shrouded in the veil as I danced the first part of the dance

A closeup (you can sort of see the costume (I made from scratch

and one of me dancing
Beautiful beautiful beautiful

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#489 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Beloved, lovely!! You look like you were totally into it and enjoying yourself!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#490 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Congrats, Lisko!!! for a boy!!

Yayyy!!! for a BSL grads thread!!! I'll just be happy to graduate, no matter where I go then.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#491 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 08:17 PM

Lyndz--Those are awesome numbers! Your doctors sound like they are overly paranoid!

Beloved- You are gorgeous and I love your costume! Can't wait to watch your video! Sorry your DH is taking his family stuff out on you . Hope it gets better soon.

I am doing much better than I was a few hours ago before DH went to work. I had a few good long cries and DH was just being a sweetie. We spent a huge chunk of the morning just cuddling on the couch and being all teary. He just kept telling me that we'll be such awesome parents whenever the time does come and other reassuring little comments. I would be sooo lost without him. All this crap does make me want to be more proactive with our foster-adopt application. We have yet to get our fingerprints and physicals done and have really been just kinda putting it on the backburner while we continue to hope a pregnancy will come along and derail us. I am skipping class tonight due to my worsening cough and sinus headache and instead I am going to the liquor store (which is in Missouri!) for a nice big bottle of wine to curl up with on the couch. I figure, after the week I just had, I totally deserve it.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#492 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM

OK So FF says I am 4 dpo. However my temps are so close to the coverline I'm not sure. What say ye?
I can relax if I have Oed. If I am still waiting, I will surely perish...

#493 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 PM

Im so sorry SimplyRochelle that af found you I cant remember if I told you before (I have had a pity party day for myself) Just take care of yourself and have an extra piece of chocolate

enigo, I reeaallyy hope you Od, I'm so pulling for you my former cycle bud

#494 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Thanks Beloved
Ive had a rough week. Sometimes all this takes its toll. I just want my life back.

#495 of 571 Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 PM

Hi Ladies!!

Well we are a buzzing - love it.

Kiya: I love your outlook and lotsa sperm comment. There's nothing wrong w/ that.

Rochelle: Hope you have an amazing cycle off.

BelovedK: Gorgeous. That's just all I have to say about the pics. for your bad day.

Lyndzies: Thinking of big, huge, gi-normous #'s for you. How do you feel about twins? j/k.

I know I'm missing a lot of you, and I'm sorry. to you anyway.

Afm - cd4 - waiting for the labs from the Endo to come back. Attempting to be good this cycle even though depending on thyroid u/s results or blood results we may be putting ttc on hold for a bit. So, far I've had nothing by coffee and Coke all day. And chocolate. With all of the no-show af last year, I forgot how much I crave bad stuff for me during af. I was also very weepy the week before and compared to my adrogenous self from most of 2009, I'm counting it all as a blessing. Yay!! There IS a reason my family called me the drama queen of the family. Girl hormones rock.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering angel2.gif 8/00, angel1.gif 5/04, angel1.gif 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09) & Bella (04/06-06/12)
#496 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
maybe it could be the BSL Love thread \!
I like that although I am pretty sure you guys changed the name to BSL after I left... not sure though- I remember it being 6 plus months haha

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#497 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!!!!!! STICK, BABY, PLEASE STICK!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#498 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!!!!!! STICK, BABY, PLEASE STICK!

Oh YAY!!!! Congrats to Carlyle!!!

#499 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Carlyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tear you're next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I freeeeakin' love when I wake up feeling sorry for myself only to log on to MDC to find super happy fun news!

#500 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Hey mamas,

I have a question for your ladies. A question about work.
I am a longtime nanny and postpartum doula. I love the work and am good at it too but its just getting TOO sad while this ttc is taking so long. My husband and I just moved to a new country where I don't yet speak the language so I'm sort off the hook for a while. But soon I will know more of the language and will want to be busier than just walking the dog and learning German... not to mention making money. And I'm trying to figure out my next step:

has anyone been in this situation? do I just push through and love the families and babies anyway... do I let myself find something new? I'm thinking of going to school but not sure for what.... and haven't been since high school, so it feels a little daunting. Are there fields of work where I get to use my knowledge but not be in such direct and intimate contact with families on a daily basis?

of course, would love your thoughts and ideas.

and again, you mamas are such a lovely group!

xoxo
Lapis
#501 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

#502 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 AM

love all the pregnant sisters! so exciting!

sticky baby dust for all : )
#503 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM

BSL Graduate and Stalking Thread HERE!

And I did add Carlyle! So happy for her ! I hope she comes out and posts a tiny bit more now.

Sending lots of to all of you, so our graduate list can get super-duper LONG!

AFM - Thanks for sharing in the excitement over our u/s results. It makes it just a little bit more real now!!!!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#504 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM

First things first.... Yay Carlyle!!!

lisko15 - thanks for the BSL stalking thread!!!!!!!!

lapis - I have never been in a similar situation, but want to offer some

fierrbugg - I hope your lab results come back okay....

enigo - Oh, I really hope you O'ed honey!

SimplyRochelle - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and that DH is being good to you . What a roller coaster!

BelovedK - Your costume is GORGEOUS! You look beautiful. I can't wait to see the video!

YYYM - You are TOTALLY still in the running, girl! ... and I hope DH is less of a grouch today!

AFM - went in for the second beta draw today; should have results (which will show my doubling time) tomorrow afternoon! Eeeeeee!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#505 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Carlye!!!!!

I ws a doula, lapis. I worked mainly in the hospital, so I stopped when I started TTC'ing - didn't want to expose myself to cooties that often.

3 years later - I can't even imagine going back to it without a babe of my own.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#506 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM

CARLYLE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! CONGRATS! Lots and lots of vibes for you girlie!!

Lapis Man girl. That's a tough decision. I think I would have a hard time being around pregnant ladies all the freakin' time. Geez, I could barely make it through a 3 hour baby shower this weekend . Have you thought about going back to school? I don't know if that's even an option for you abroad or not, but thought I'd ask. What about tutoring English or something along those lines- skills that you already have? Just throwing stuff out there. I have no idea what your long-term goals are. Here's a big I hope you are able to figure something out that makes you happy

Lyndzies Can't WAIT to hear the new Beta #'s!!!!! I'm still so over the moon for you!

AFM- Had my baseline U/S today! ALL CLEAR!!!! I am REALLY hoping this cycle is IT! I start taking the double dose of femara CD 3-7 and then go in for a follie scan on Feb 3 to check my follie response Hopefully I'll have a few big ones! Anyway, lots of to Enigo and YYYM, and anyone else in the 2ww! Love you girls!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#507 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

CONGRATS TO CARLYLE!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooo! can i add her to BFPs here? if so, when's her EDD and how long was she trying for? i am so excited to hear this!

pregnancy fairies, next it is tear's turn as soon as she is ready, y'hear me? let's see two little cousins in the same grade at school!

nanette, so glad everything is all clear! wahoo! sending you the best vibes for this cycle. wheeee!

lapis, is there anything like WIC over there? somewhere where you could help moms in need but not work too closely like a nanny or doula would? i think english tutoring is a good idea too. you could consider taking classes in education if you want to go back to school and have enjoyed nannying. i'm a child psych/education nerd and i have loved early childhood ed, nannying, and teaching general and special ed, so those might be avenues to consider... or maybe a teacher's aide at school, or something, to see how you like it?

lyndzies, your beta results sound AWESOME and i 100% agree that you should go back and lie about your LMP. unless you switch to a new care group, of course, in which case who the heck cares?

beloved, you look AMAZING. thanks so much for sharing those pictures with us!

fierbugg, i totally understand you on the eating lots of crap at AF. hoping you get some good info from your labs and are able to figure out the next step!

lisko, congrats on your little man! what a perfect name! and thank you for making the stalking thread! i am SO EXCITED to stalk you guys over there.

rochelle, hope your date with that wine was amazing and relaxing! you deserve it!

afm, my temp went up today! if it stays up the next 2 days FF will put O at CD17. i was thinking CD17 or 18, so that would be great.

uh-oh, sick toddler waking up, hope she didn't yak in the bed again....

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#508 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

Congrats Carlyle!!!!!!

Lisko - love it! Can't wait until it's me, love the update!

Rochelle - I've been following you and it's just not fair.

Lynzies - super duper mega congrats! That progesterone number is so good! Progesterone is almost a better sign than hcg, in my experience. Lynzies having a baby!

Lapis - I'd do whatever your heart desires. Lots of people ask me how I can midwife when I am having trouble getting and staying pregnant...all I know is that it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it.
I know I see lots of people desperate for same language support in birth - looking for english speaking doulas all over the world. Quite a niche if you want to snuggle into it. I know navelgazingmidwife/Barb Herrera worked as a doula in Germany and had babies there.

Afm - hcg has dropped to zero and I'm cycling again. Now starts the folic acid push and the waiting game (3-6 months). Boy it's fun to find an effective birth control method when all I really want is a baby. NOT. But it's nice to be making love again. I missed that when I was not well enough to do it. heh. heh. I said "do it".
Outside appearance - reasonable, knowledgable 32 year old midwife. Inside - 12 year old, heh heh.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#509 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 05:25 PM

I was going to do some personals snce it's always all about me so lemme see what I can do in the minute or so before DS realizes I am not there to refil his drink.

Nanette I'm so glad you got the all clear! Let the games begin!!!

Apricot Huh huh (insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here) You said "Do it" huh huh

Lyndzies Nice numbers! I think someone mentioned progesterone being high was better than hcg. Makes sense since my last loss had a hcg of 30,000 at 7 wks, but a progesterone of 9.2.
You are so on your way to having a baby in 9 months!

Lisko Woooo boy!! They are the best! (says the mom of the most super fabulous boy in the world)

Aww, I'll be back I have to go squeeze him, he's awfully quiet in the next room...or outside playing in the street or wherever he is....

AFM I forgot to mention my temp dropped like a rock on cd5........why? (chart is on the homepage)
It's so far below the coverline (which is high, that's assuming I did o) that I think I got a nosebleed from the drop.

#510 of 571 Old 01-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Lisko Woooo boy!! They are the best!
Agreed... I love my daughter but I see way less trouble from my son when they are teenagers lol. Plus he gives me some of the craziest compliments without the ulterior motive of following it up with a request.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page