FRER test - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that the FRER test is rated very high among many of you ladies but the last 2 boxes I have bought actually have had 2 white lines even before I used them and then once used I can see the test line pink and the result line looks white at first then looks like a light pink line. But the line is so light I could be mistaking and it could just be white. at 18 dollars a pop for 3 test I just dont trust them anymore. It could be that they have changed their product becuase these are the ones in the pink wrapper. Th ones in white wrapping never gave me white lines b4 use. on to the point lol besides IC and FRER what other test have you girls found reliable? Thanks =)
#2 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 AM

I've heard bad things about the pink foil ones giving evaps and/or those white lines. I;d be tempted to try and return them or call the company and get a different type.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#3 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 03:29 AM

I used an Answer on Tuesday. Got an obvious set of 2 pink lines. Went out and bought three 3 packs of the new FRER's in the pink wrappers. They are all giving me uber faint lines, all the exact same shade, no lighter or darker. They are giving evaps, and when you are pg, the line either doesn't get darker, or it takes a VERY long time to get dark. My digitals pop "Pregnant" within a minute, so I am still pg. It may turn out to be a chemical pg, but I won't know until I get my first beta test back on Monday, then repeat it if I am not bleeding. Bottom line, I haven't heard of many women at all that like the new pink wrapper tests.
#4 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 AM

I had a 3 pack of the pink wrapper FRERs which, yes, had the visible line before taking it... which worried me that it meant an evap would be more obvious.

the first one was super light http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5152.jpg but it was there, and it was pink... and it WAS a bfp.

but the next day I took two more and they were, while still light, considerably darker. http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5166.jpg (bottom was my 13dpo one, top was 14dpo fmu and middle 14dpo smu)

Even my ICs were not all that dark at that point. http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5153.jpg (and mind you that is edited)

By 15dpo my tests looked like this: http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5182.jpg

So I still like them.

And do not take my late positives as a sign of anything, I tested with the old style FRERs at 10dpo and got a negative as glaring white as the snow outside... I was just a later positive tester.

As for your question... I still say ANY pink test is reliable as long as you take into account its the fact that within 4 days your line will be DARKER that means you are pregnant.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

I always used FRER and had either a stark white negative or a pretty decent BFP. This pic is at 9 dpo with the older FRER. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage =(

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5405.jpg
#6 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

I have seen 2 different boxes for the Answer test, a blue box and an orange box which did you use? thanks =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliasMum View Post
I used an Answer on Tuesday. Got an obvious set of 2 pink lines. Went out and bought three 3 packs of the new FRER's in the pink wrappers. They are all giving me uber faint lines, all the exact same shade, no lighter or darker. They are giving evaps, and when you are pg, the line either doesn't get darker, or it takes a VERY long time to get dark. My digitals pop "Pregnant" within a minute, so I am still pg. It may turn out to be a chemical pg, but I won't know until I get my first beta test back on Monday, then repeat it if I am not bleeding. Bottom line, I haven't heard of many women at all that like the new pink wrapper tests.
#7 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 04:11 PM

I've had the pick wrapper FRERs and seen the two white lines. The first one I took was bfn. At first it looked like it might be positive because I could see that line that was there before I took the test but after a couple of minutes the already there line faded to nothing and it was stark bfn. A couple of days later I took another test from the same box the same thing happened except that super faint no one else could see it line didn't fade after a few minutes so I took that as a good sign...and it was! I still think FRERs are very reliable, as long as you know that that might happen.

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#8 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 05:32 PM

I got a nice evap line on my pink wrapper FRER- I don't really like them at all now because of that... it made me get my hopes up and then NADA!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#9 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 PM

My Answer tests were in an orange box.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page