rarely/never any EWCM! anyone else without any/much? anyone get pregnant w/o EWCM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
its leading up to O time... and so I'm thinking about EWCM. and I'm thinking about it because I rarely, if ever, have any.

some months I get a little string of it (always so exciting when it happens)

most months I get nada. nothing. 0. ziltch. sometimes nothing comes out but I feel a tiny bit itchy/slippery around O time. but mostly nothing.

I've tried it all: maca, red raspberry/nettle/red clover combo, carrots, grapefruit juice, epo (from Af to O) green tea, WATER WATER WATER. I'm not on medication. I take B vits and cod liver oil (have been for years). My ND had me on fertility herbs and a personalized hormone cream (both of which I've now weaned off of). nothing has made a marked difference.

and maybe I should add, that I've never been someone with a heavy amount of ANY kind of CM during the month.

thoughts? ideas? commiserations?

an MD is in my near future, anything "more medical" you've tried that helped that I might want to mention at my next appointment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 12:13 PM

I had almost 0 EWCM this month, and have started AF, so i understand your frustration.

I dont know what to do ,but i usually just assume the most watery/EWCM i get is when i O'd.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Have you tried green tea? A month ago I started drinking one mug-full of nettle and green tea infusion in the morning. I went on to have my wettest month since puberty, and I think that's what caused my surprise BFP.

I didn't even use that much, just the contents of one individual bag of green tea each day.

9/2011 items decluttered
Old 01-30-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

outlier: congratulations!!
and yep, tried green tea for many months (maybe I should edit and add that to my list) I feel like I've really tried EVERY natural thing one can try. thanks though : )
Old 01-30-2010, 01:35 PM

Are you only checking at the exit of your vagina or up inside at your cervix?

Because what comes out of you is not important, what is up inside of you is what is important. I had almost no EWCM leak out of me this cycle despite having disgusting amounts the prior cycles... and I ended up pregnant.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM

My EWCM was nowhere near the time I ovulated. That's actually what tricked me into thinking I had ovulated already.

We DTD at least two days before I actually ovulated, with no EWCM in sight, and I'm now 30 weeks pregnant.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I have hardly any EWCM on the outside and i did conceive ... I take Evening primrose oil to help it along

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
Old 01-30-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

this ttc business is sooo interesting... and SOOO maddening.

I have definitely checked up at my cervix but have never been able to feel/pull any out. haven't in a while so will try again this month....do you just check every morning or a couple times a day around O time? are you actually able to pull some out or do you just feel more of a EW feelings between your fingers?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

oops also forgot to add epo to the list of "things I've tried". sheesh! i feel like I"m being difficult knocking everything you ladies are suggesting... guess its good for me to really take a thorough tally of what I've tried.... so thanks for the reminders.

i feel like there have been times when I've taken so many things to try and increase fertility.... times way before I was even ttc when I was just trying to "prep" my body. haven't been on birth control since age 19, so wasn't getting the hormones out of my body either. I've decided for now, since I"m going to see someone new, that I should just take my fish oil and B's so she can get a good assessment of what's going on. I'm not opposed to trying ALL those things again but never really saw an improvement so its hard to make the financial leap at the moment.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
this ttc business is sooo interesting... and SOOO maddening.

I have definitely checked up at my cervix but have never been able to feel/pull any out. haven't in a while so will try again this month....do you just check every morning or a couple times a day around O time? are you actually able to pull some out or do you just feel more of a EW feelings between your fingers?
as long as it feels slippery Im content to at least call it wet/watery

if i can get it to stretch a bit too... even if theres not a lot... i call it ewcm. I had one day of slippery and two days of a little bit of stretch but only when I checked inside... and still here I am knocked up. So you dont need huge amounts of it flowing out of you, you just need some up where it needs to be to begin with.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM

I got pregnant on the month where I had little CF at all, let alone outer EWCM.

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 01-30-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

you ladies are reassuring me : ) thanks.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:14 PM

Have you tried cough syrup with guaifenesin as the only ingredient?
It works to thin mucus (any mucus) and is suggested when you don't have enough EWCM. I think (need to check) I read about it in TCOYF.
I used it the month I conceived my son and, who knows, it may have worked.

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
Old 01-30-2010, 10:28 PM

I had none when I conceived DS#2! I was waiting for it to show up but ended up with a BFP instead! It's not mandatory to have EWCM to conceive. In TCOYF she recommended using actual raw egg white....I believe there was a bit of controversy with that bc of the sanitary aspects....but it's worth researching if you're desperate!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 AM

Have you ever had your thyroid levels checked?

I know I had a few cycles with nearly no cervical mucus (and I think probably anovulatory) and the cycle after I started Sinthroid it came back...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:54 AM

me! just got pregnant! and very rarely do i have ewcm. im lucky if i just get a creamy/sticky day or 2 around O. when i do get ewcm it is RIGHT before AF comes and so i know it isnt fertile cm, just a sign AF is coming in a day or 2. im thinking that maybe i should have been charting other symptoms and not so much looking at cm.

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies
yes, I have tried the guaifenesin (Love and have read MANY times, TCOYF)
I think getting my thyroid checked is also a good plan.
nice to know I'm not the only low CM gal here.... and that some of you have gotten pregnant w/o much/any ewcm! yay!

: )
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM

Hi lapis--
Just a thought--Preseed is very gentle (I read your other thread regarding sensitivities). While I do have EWCM, I used Preseed and got knocked up twice in a row. If your body can tolerate it, many women have had success with it.
Also, you're in Graz? I lived in Vienna for 4 years and miss Austria!!! I'm in southern California now and can't complain about the weather, but, oh, I miss Wien!
All the best to you!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

thanks song
Austria is great, really glad to be here. The healthcare part being one of the things I'm most excited about : )
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
shy

Lapis, I am in the same boat - I rarely have EWCM either. Strange thing is that I got some within a few days after my m/c ended. Without even looking for it! But I didn't want to jump on that first cycle so I let it go.

This cycle, none. For a few days, when I reached in all I got was some tofu-like cm. And then none of that either, so at least I know it is changing. It is hard for me to gauge what is water cm since it is always a bit wet.

is the only purpose of ewcm is to help the sperm survive longer?
Then i guess and external substitute like preseed should be just as good?

I am reading all these suggestions very carefully, because I actually ahvent tried anything yet. I think I wills start with green tea and EPO.

Question - would you eat the EPO or insert vaginally?

Also can you directly eat it or must you swallow via capsules?

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

shy:

with EPO you just take in capsules... i think 1500 to 3000 mg daily (i'd double check with someone else here though... its been a while...) also you only take it from when you get your period until you ovulate.

the preseed, i'm very curious about, although i don't think it helps sperm just doesn't kill them : ) but just moved to the EU and am not sure if they sell it here.. probably though.

good luck to you too.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

just had to update: checked my cervix (thank MP) to see if I had any ewcm (or any cm at all) and totally had TONS of EWCM.

of course, hoping this will be our lucky month but if not exciting none the less!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I never get any either. I have read a few other threads with people conceiving without any CM at all, so that is encouraging.

I just got two tubes of preseed. I am going to try that this month. This is my 8th month of TTC, and 2 1/2 years of not trying/not preventing.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

rcr... let me know how you like the preseed.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 PM

lapis, i'm hopeful for you because your CM sounds super fertile from what you said in the BSL thread. ! just wanted to note for anyone else reading, though, that i conceived my daughter before i EVER noticed any watery or EWCM. we DTD on a "creamy" day, then CM turned watery the next 3 days, then O was confirmed 3 days after DTD, and now she's 2. meanwhile now lots of EWCM and DTD on O day and before, and nothin yet! so who knows?!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM

I haven't had EWCM since I had my 2nd child, who is almost 8. However, both times we tried to conceive we succeeded! The first within 3 cycles, and the 2nd in the first cycle!! I only get milky/watery and creamy CM. So yes, it is definitely possible.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never had much EWCM but don't have a problem getting pregnant, even with only one working ovary. I conceived last cycle and only had one teeny tiny smidge of fertile mucus.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 PM

I ONLY notice EWCM when I check internally...it never makes its way out or anything. Also, I rarely have very much, despite slamming water like crazy and drinking lots of green tea (I have also tried guaifenesin and EPO before, but they didn't do anything for me). Yet I have been pregnant 3 times, so...maybe it's not quite as crucial as we think?

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Old 02-01-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for sharing about your lack of ewcm and successful pregnancies! it makes me feel so much better to know its totally possible to get pregnant without...

so today, after finding some up at my cervix i realized that although I've totally checked at my cervix before I NEVER thought to (tmi sorry) stick TWO fingers up there and actually try and pull some out... i would just see if what was on my fingers was egg whitey. always more to learn about our bodies...
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
thanks for sharing about your lack of ewcm and successful pregnancies! it makes me feel so much better to know its totally possible to get pregnant without...
an added note...we always use preseed. im just always too dry and have to have a lube. so i got pregnant without ewcm but with "help maybe" from preseed.

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List