TTC Christians~February - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AFM: 7 dpo for me today- feeling nothing other than slight fatigue...but I have 7 kids in the house...that probably takes care of that one! lol! ;-P
My temp took a nosedive pretty good this am- praying that maybe its the start of an implantation dip for me! FX!!! Hoping it goes back up high tomorrow! I took another IC test this am and of course BFN...and I plan to keep testing like a FOOL from here on out...because I am crazy~!!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Hehe Kingsdaughter - I have to make sure there are no pregnancy tests in the house else I waste them and we aren't even supposed to be trying to conceive!

Anyway 3dpo for me today and it feels like I am really about 5dpo (been tracking my cycles a while and I also get bad PMS so am very aware of what is going on each month - probably too aware) Spoke to my pdoc today about what would happen if I did fall pregnant and she said ideally I would have to stop the meds for the first trimester once I knew I was pregnant, so at leat I know what to expect. Spoke to my DH about genuinely trying (we had an accident this month which is why I am here) and he said he wanted a baby when my daughter was 3.5 - I asked him if he realised that that meant I would have to pregnant in only 4 months time - then he didn't seem so sure. He just needs a job really badly.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Our word of the week for Worship Radio is:

Psalm 121:2
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Josh Wilson--Before the
Morning

Do you wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there’s a God who loves you where is He now

Maybe there are things you can’t see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending

Someday somehow you’ll see you’ll see

Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It can’t compare to the joy that’s coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning

My friend you know how this all ends
You know where you’re going
You just don’t know how you’ll get there
So say a prayer

And hold on cause there’s good for those who love God
But life is not a snapshot
It might take a little time but you’ll see the bigger picture

Once you feel the weight of glory
All your pain will fade to memory

Oh the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the hurt before the healing

Thought I would share that with all you.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
Our word of the week for Worship Radio is:

Psalm 121:2
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Josh Wilsom--Before the
Morning

Maybe there are things you can’t see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending

Someday somehow you’ll see you’ll see

Would you dare would you dare to believe

Once you feel the weight of glory
All your pain will fade to memory

It’s just the hurt before the healing

Thought I would share that with all you.
powerrrrful!!! Thank you!

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 02-05-2010, 04:28 AM

I'd like to join
Name: Kate
TTC #: 2
CD: 3
DPO (if applicable):
Testing: March 1
Trying Since: Dec. 2009
Plan for this Cycle: keeping positive thoughts
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts: Through God ALL things are possible!
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week:

I am so thankful for finding this thread. Thanks for starting it.

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

lovbeingamommy~Welcome! You've been added.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

bump!

We are NOT allowed to hang out on the second page!

How is everyone today? Feel free to post your Weekend Wrap-Up anytime this weekend!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm so tired. AF drags all the energy out of ya.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Jen~Wish my AF would show up already....

Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Jen~Wish my AF would show up already....
Me too! She's such a stubborn Brat! Lmbo!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 AM

Name: Bronwyn
TTC #: 2
CD: 17
DPO (if applicable): 5
Testing: Possibly Feb 14th
Trying Since: Not actively trying, waiting to be ready
Plan for this Cycle: no plans
Link to Chart (if applicable):http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2af900
Thoughts: My daughter said grace the other day and it went like this (she's 28 months hence the grammar): Thank you God love me this I know, thank you for my family, thank you for the food Amen and I thought that that is exactly it - I have been blessed, God does love me and he looks after my basic needs no matter what.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:23 PM

Can I be added please?

Name: Jennifer
TTC #: 3
CD: 3
DPO (if applicable): N/A
Testing: End of February
Trying Since: June '09
Plan for this Cycle: Still trying to decide... see my intro below
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae28c
Thoughts: Trying to relax this cycle... deciding how to proceed
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week: Focusing on all the blessings God has given me! Remembering that I am not in control and that whatever God has planned for me is better than anything I can imagine

My situation: heading into my 10th cycle TTC #3. My first two were planned and happened right away (I was much younger!), so I'm struggling with feeling like it just isn't going to happen this time (and that mabye I'm too old) since it was so easy the first time.

My TTC Journey:

My husband had a vasectomy after #2, which was reversed about 8 months ago. Last SA wasn't perfect but plenty good to get the job done, so the VR was successful

For the last several years I have been having short cycles (around 24 days) and spotting during my luteal phase. Of course I didn't think anything of it until we were ttc. I have tried B6 and Vitex to no avail (still doing the B6 but not vitex). I had my progesterone level checked about 3 months ago (at 7dpo) and it was 14, which I think is good?? So for the past 3 cycles I have been taking 200mg prometrium orally. My lp does seem to have lengthened but the spotting has not improved The good news is that I ovulate on my own, my chart always shows a clear shift (although sometimes it is really early).

Here is where I'm at now (and I would appreciate any advice). I'm really trying to chill out this cycle and put my trust in the Lord. I saw my ob yesterday and she went over everything I've been doing recently:

I had a pelvic ultrasound last month and she said everything looks good (including a good lining, which is something I was worried about - the ultrasound was done one day before my period).

She said my early ovulation shouldn't be a problem (sometimes on day 10!) and that spotting on the Prometrium doesn't mean its not working. I asked her about vaginal prometrium and she said she doesn't think it makes a difference and that I would need a bigger dose...not sure what to think about that. She wants me to keep taking the 200mg orally after O.

Other than that she said everything looks great and she can't see any obvious reason why I'm not getting pregnant, she normally refers all her 35+ patients to an RE but since I won't do IUI or IVF (I'm Catholic) she is holding off on that for now (and I'm fine with that!). She wants me to do an HSG if I'm not pregnant in 3 months, ugh.

She gave me a RX for 50 mg clomid to take on cd 5-9 and said to start the oral prometrium after O. Part of me really wants to just cycle naturally this month and of course part of me wants to see if the clomid will help. I'm really wanting to trust it all go God and I feel like doing clomid is keeping me attached to my own sense of control over the situation (which in my heart I know I don't have).

Anyway - thats my story in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

MommyNicoleTX - your story is amazing! It gives me such hope and is truly a testimony to God's glory!

MrsD08 - I'm married to a non-believer and I know your struggle. I'm a recent convert to Catholicism and my DH is agnostic, so it is a struggle. He is supportive - goes to Mass and tries to keep his opinions to himself around the kids, but isn't always successful. What helps me is knowing that I can't force his journey (it helps me that this is also what the Church teaches). I hope and pray that he will one day find his way to Our Lord, but in the meantime all I can do is be an example (and pray for him)

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 02-06-2010, 06:38 PM

welcome jennifer! our stories sound a lot alike in parts. best wishes to you!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Best wishes Jennifer (sweetest) I have added you! We now have 2 Jennifers!

Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Samantha
TTC #: 1
CD: I lost track....31, so hopefully AF starts in a couple days.
DPO (if applicable): N/A (or, not really sure...maybe 4 DPO, but I wouldn't bank anything on that)
Testing: not this cycle
Trying Since: Sept. '09
Plan for this Cycle: Waiting for next cycle, lol.
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts: Just a bit nervous about possibly having an annovulatory cycle and DH's appointment coming up.
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week: Josh Wilson, Before the Morning and Kutlass, What Faith Can Do

Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Just a bit nervous about possibly having an annovulatory cycle and DH's appointment coming up.
Samantha, understandable to be nervous but God knows your CD and your dpo! and will guide your DHs healthcare team!
Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 02-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest77 View Post
My TTC Journey:
The good news is that I ovulate on my own, my chart always shows a clear shift (although sometimes it is really early).

Here is where I'm at now (and I would appreciate any advice). I'm really trying to chill out this cycle and put my trust in the Lord. I saw my ob yesterday and she went over everything I've been doing recently:

I had a pelvic ultrasound last month and she said everything looks good (including a good lining, which is something I was worried about - the ultrasound was done one day before my period).

She gave me a RX for 50 mg clomid to take on cd 5-9 and said to start the oral prometrium after O. Part of me really wants to just cycle naturally this month and of course part of me wants to see if the clomid will help. I'm really wanting to trust it all go God and I feel like doing clomid is keeping me attached to my own sense of control over the situation (which in my heart I know I don't have).
Welcome Jennifer! I think your ttc story is very hopeful. You are ovulating on your own and have a great lining and ultrasound, reversal was a success, so im not sure if you need the clomid? I used it for some cycles and wonder why it didnt work (maybe it was thinning my lining). then when i didnt use it I O'd on my own and got pregnant. Maybe it was the alternating of using it, one cycle on, one off. Im not sure! But I do know that i just did what we felt like God was telling us each cycle. Stay in prayer and He will guide you. If you feel doubt, i tend to think that is Gods way of saying "no"(referring to how you feel about the clomid.) Maybe some supplements would help-- along with intercourse early on in the cycle, since you tend to ovulate early. Even BD during AF? These ladies are great-you will find some great advice!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanikit View Post
My daughter said grace the other day and it went like this (she's 28 months hence the grammar): Thank you God love me this I know, thank you for my family, thank you for the food Amen and I thought that that is exactly it - I have been blessed, God does love me and he looks after my basic needs no matter what.
too cute !

Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
AFM: 7 dpo for me today- feeling nothing other than slight fatigue...but I have 7 kids in the house...that probably takes care of that one! lol! ;-P
My temp took a nosedive pretty good this am- praying that maybe its the start of an implantation dip for me! FX!!! Hoping it goes back up high tomorrow! I took another IC test this am and of course BFN...and I plan to keep testing like a FOOL from here on out...because I am crazy~!!
How do your temps and tests look today!? 9 dpo now?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I told him about the non-demoninational church, hoping he'd want to go to that and he still doesn't. I thought maybe it was the intimate Bible study that he was uncomfortable in and that a church service would be a better place for him to learn, but I guess I was wrong for now. I'm at a loss....
You have the best intentions, are being a great example by going to church yourself, and are praying for him. That is all you can do, God has to do the rest. I was taught once in a bible study that we cant change our spouses (or anyone for that matter) so we have to pray for OURSELVES the most. So I pray to understand my husband, to understand his choices, to understand his faith, for me to have patience, and for me to be the wife he needs, and for God to show me how to be the "Jesus" he needs to see. I am blessed with a Godly husband that goes to church more than i do, but i still need to pray for these things. When you continue to build your faith, you continue to have a relationship with God, and you continue to share it with him, you will change and be light for him. Then there will be a point that he wants what you have--that peace, that faith, that hope, that joy. Do not give up hope and do not give up asking him to join you for different church events. I agree the non-denominational church may be less intimidating for him in the future. But for now maybe find some sermons and pastors on tv and online, and let him start to slowly hear Gods word in his own home, or play some in the car, and that may give him a taste of the holy spirit and want more. God will guide you and give you strength. YOure in my thoughts & prayers.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarue View Post
Trying Since: Jan. '10. Though we weren't pro-actively trying to prevent either. We would have been trying sooner if we weren't having to wait on DH to get insurance. I don't like when 'red tape' in life keeps us from having the family we desire.
Welcome Stephanie! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so sorry for your losses, but they seem to have made you so faithful and a very strong woman. May your TTC journey be short and sweet!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Should we add a prayer request list on the front page? I was thinking it may be easier to see all the prayer needs everyone has in a list format. Or just bold your requests in your posts. Prayers going out for all the ladies here.

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Nicole
TTC #: 3

CD
: 4 weeks, 6 days pregnant--every minute is precious to me!

Testing
: my HCG on Thurs, 19dpo was 1533. Praise God! My progesterone also is rising! Thank you for praying!

Tried
: 2 yrs and not ready to leave the TTC Christians yet--that ok?

Plan for this week
: Taking it easy, on 100 mg prog. suppositories. Continue blood work. 1st midwife visit on monday.

Thoughts
: It is surreal to be pregnant after so many tries. I'm very optimistic right now that this is a sticky baby. Im ready for the morning sickness & symptoms-bring it on baby-anything for you!!

Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week
: I have had to purposefully rebuke the spirit of fear and miscarriage. I will not allow those thoughts to come into my mind. So I have listened to as much christian music as possible. This week it has been Jeremy Camp and Jeremy Riddle and Matt Redmond. Hope yall can listen and be blessed too.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

I will ad a prayer requests section to the beginning! Bold any requests to be added!

Thanks for the advice Nicole. He actually listened to the last 10 minutes of a Joyce Meyers podcast the other day. I don't think he was expecting jokes and he was laughing along and then after wards he asked who she was, etc. I told him she's on the INSP channel if he wanted to watch her too. He seemed genuinly interested. Also, I had to wake up early for a lab draw on Friday and I was watching the morning news. He still had a couple hours before work, so he was relaxing on the couch. The morning devotional came on and I heard him say Amen after the prayer was over. That really excited me!

My tendonitis is acting up. So ladies, please bear with me. I'm reading all the posts, even if I may not reply!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyNicoleTX View Post
Should we add a prayer request list on the front page? I was thinking it may be easier to see all the prayer needs everyone has in a list format.
I added Prayer Requests as a part of the Weekend Wrap-Up. Do you think I should still add it to the intro for a list?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Well! My mental month off TTC worked!!! http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=5778

I, like Nicole, give ALL the glory to God. No joke, DH told me in early January when AF showed up "Let's give this cycle to God" and I said "I've already given Him a lot of cycles." I wanted to go to the Dr. and get progesterone suppositories. But, I love, trust and respect my DH and decided I could wait one more month and trust the whole thing to God. I really put it all in His hands!

Fast forward to last night, I'm 9 DPO (last cycle I started spotting the night of 9 DPO with full on AF the next day). Haven't tested yet. I'm praying constantly for my uterine lining to STAY PUT!! I browse the TTC board and see Amila's BFP at 6 DPO and am convinced that I had to take a test the next morning, (10 DPO), and just knew it would be positive. I knew I'd use a FRER too because my IC were freebies I got with my Pre~Seed and their sensitivity is 25 miu.

SO, there I was, holding my fluids from 12:30am on but of course CANNOT sleep. I stayed awake and busy till hubby got off work at 2:30am. Out of nowhere he says "OH! Have you started your period yet?" I'm thinking 'Uhhh, I'd be dissolved into a puddle of tears by now if I had....' But I said "Nope! " He says "I think you should take a test...I don't have a feeling one way or the other but when I was at work God told me you should take one. So I said "Yes Sir!"". (Btw he meant he didn't have a "feeling" if I was pregs or not...he didn't want to guess and let me down). I was beaming by this time and told him I'd felt like I should test too!

So, I barely sleep all night but finally at 6:30 am manage to get my little nursling detached from the breast and I tested. I FORCED myself to wait 3mins before looking at the test and at 3 mins exactly there was an OBVIOUS, NO SQUINTER BFP!!!!! At 10 mins the line was dark enough that my phone's camera picked it up clearly (see link).

I fell straight to my knees crying and thanking God. It felt SO amazing to remember that the past two cycles when I got AF, I was able to thank God through the tears of pain and, like Nicole's post mentions, thank God for what
He's GOING to do even though He hasn't done it yet!!

I'm just humbled and blessed and amazed. Glory to God.

Thank you all for reading this! I'm sure it's full of errors but I'm going on close to no sleep and a ton of excitement!!!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the Welcome!

MommyNicoleTX: I'm so on the fence about the Clomid. I feel like I've tried everything to help with the spotting and nothing works. I think my hesitation with the Clomid has more to do with the fact that I don't want to obsess this month...

Before I saw my OB yesterday I was going to stop temping for the month and I was considering taking a break from the progesterone. I wasn't expecting her to suggest the Clomid. I really thought she would up my progesterone or suggest taking it vaginally... So now I'm thinking maybe the clomid is the key to the spotting, maybe it will help me ovulate stronger, maybe later too! Maybe God is guiding me

I just don't want to obsess. I'm thinking about taking the clomid and just not temping, but then when do I start the progesterone (or maybe I should dump it for the month) Ugh!

We start BDing as soon as my AF is gone, but I must admit that once I O things tend to slow down in that department . Part of the reason I don't want to temp is because I don't want the BD to be "just" to make a baby. I want the baby to be the outcome but not the goal if that makes any sense.

Well I have a couple of days to figure it out... I'm praying for some guidance.

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

It looks like our dear member Stellamia has a BFP!! I'm not going to move her until she requests it, but she is requesting prayers in this thread. Please up lift her with your thoughts and prayers!

ETA: Looks like she posted her 1 minute before I posted this, lol.

Stella~Would you like me to add you to February BFPs?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

sweetest~On the clincal side of things, I'm not sure why your OB would prescribe clomid if you're already ovulating. But, I do know that there is only so much an OB can do before you see an RE. An RE isn't just for IUI and IVF. They can run a multitude of tests that aren't available to your OB and they can test and treat your DH too. I feel confident that God will guide you in the right path. I'm praying for you!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyNicoleTX View Post
How do your temps and tests look today!? 9 dpo now?

Hi- I am truckin right along...my temp took a nice higher jump up even today- higher than any of my post O temps thus far- BFN on hpt this am... will keep re-testing everyday until something shows up- either AF or +!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
It looks like our dear member Stellamia has a BFP!! I'm not going to move her until she requests it, but she is requesting prayers in this thread. Please up lift her with your thoughts and prayers!

ETA: Looks like she posted her 1 minute before I posted this, lol.

Stella~Would you like me to add you to February BFPs?
Yes please!!! Thank you so much!!!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

User Tag List