TTC Christians~February - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 02-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's my husbands request tonight: "no peeing on sticks til after church tomorrow." Said with a big smile. I told him he could pee on one if he liked so long as I get a positive.
#122 of 166 Old 02-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hahahaha, cute!

I forgot to tell you guys last night! I have a TTC date now!! Yaaaaaaaay!!

Jan 2013. Woot!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#123 of 166 Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 PM

Glad to hear you have a date now sleepingbeauty.

Tested BFN this morning and was spotting slightly this afternoon. I do feel disappointed as we do not have a TTC date at all. Sometimes when I am disappointed it is hard to remember that God knows best and is in control. Its hard to hand over all the things that are bothering me and not take them back.

Our electricity was out all day today and that disappointed both of us cause we had each planned to make the other something and couldn't cook at all (or watch TV or a movie or have tea or coffee) Anyway, its back on now and I am sure I'll feel better when the PMS is over

God bless and hope God grants more of us the babies we so desire.
#124 of 166 Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM

May I join you, ladies?!

Hi there! I know Feb. is half over, but I thought I'd post anyway. I am pretty new to the community, although I've been lurking around for a little while, reading and learning. I just joined the "TTC in Our 20's" thread, but I wanted to join you all as well, since I am a believer!

A little about me...I have been married to my best friend and support for about 5 1/2 years. He is a full-time music pastor, and I get the wonderful priviledge of being a full-time housewife and "meowmy" to our 3 cats and 1 collie! DH has been really reluctant to TTC, but he knows how important it is to me to start a family. So he finally agreed to start last month because he just loves me that much! I know that when the time comes, he will be ready, even though he doesn't quite believe it yet! Anyway, I'm just learning how to chart, so I may come here to ask you all questions every now and then. I am glad to have found this little group of like-minded women waiting on God's timing for our families!

Name: LemonCello
TTC #:1
CD:16
Trying Since: Jan. 2010
Plan for this Cycle: Figure out how to chart and when I ovulate, and keep BDing until I do!
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/lemoncello
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week:
"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#125 of 166 Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Lemon! You've been added!

Still no AF here. Decided not to test until Friday or Saturday if she's not here by then. Not positive if I ovulated or when it might have been. I hate this waiting game. I'm on CD 37 when the longest my cycle has been is 33 days! Urgh...

The sermon last week was on wive, this week it was on husbands. As soon as they're posted on iTunes, I'm going to post them here, I think they're well worth a listen. I so wish my husband had been at church with me today.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#126 of 166 Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Haven't been on here in a while...
Congratulations to Kingsdaughter76 & Stella & MommyNicoleTX.
jenniferadurham, I hope this is your cycle. It looks like our cycles are exactly the same. So, good luck to both of us. It would be neat to have a ddc buddy from this board.

Tanikit,so sorry AF came. I had that disappointment this past cycle. I guess I had convinced myself that we were pregnant, then came AF. I think the disappointment makes the PMS worse.

AFM, I've been charting this month, first time since before DD was born. This morning I got a partial fern on the saliva microscope. Last month I got full ferning on the 18th. I just checked again, partial ferning means that ovulation will occur within the next 3-4 days. That's great news for me, because my DH is home this week.

Good luck to everyone, I hope we get some more BFP's this month.

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Christian wife & SAHmama to the love of my life Nate for 7 yrs (together for 9) and DD Ava 6/08. Always missing our Angel Baby 1/20/08. Hoping for a 2010 sticky babe!
#127 of 166 Old 02-15-2010, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry this is late, I was kinda busy this weekend.

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Samantha
TTC #: 1
CD: 40....yeah, 40.
DPO (if applicable): not sure
Testing: if AF isn't here by Friday I might test Saturday morning.
Trying Since: September 2009
Plan for this Cycle: Just waiting for it to get over basically....
Link to Chart (if applicable): I'm not even using it anymore. If you really want to see it, go to the first post, it's there.
Thoughts: I just want a new cycle to start...or to be pregnant (of course) But I'm thinking the latter of the two is extremely improbable.
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week: Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39 and Faith makes things possible, not easy.
Prayer Requests: I have a few this week. We have an appointment coming up in a week, please pray the doctor will have some answers for us and we can move on down this road. I also pray for a little one of our own to hold in my arms soon. I also would like y'all to pray for my husband (his name is Scott). I want the Lord to work in his heart and guide him to the life he should be leading. Can you all also pray for me? I have a part time job that I love, but the "hiring season" will be upon us soon. I mailed out 58 application packets last year and had 12 interviews, but was never called back for a second interview for any of them. I pray that a school will find my talents and passion for teacher fresh, positive and new and that they will wish to hire me.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. There weren't many updates, so I hope you all were BDing and making February/March BFPs for the board!

#128 of 166 Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Members of TTC Christians:
There is a MDC Member on TTC in our 20's who needs our prayers. She has a young daughter who is going through testing for Luekemia. Please pray for their family. Her screen-name is EricaRN. Here is the link to her post explaining it.

#129 of 166 Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM

MrsD...I just want to say how much I appreciate you starting and keeping up this thread. You really are such a great person, and a great Christian. I PRAY that you get your baby(ies) when God wants you to have one(or more than one.)
#130 of 166 Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Hello everyone..I would love to join you!! My dh and I have five beautiful children, and hope for more. My youngest is 10 1/2 months, and I had my first ppaf in Nov. 09. My cycles are starting to get more regular, and we are so hoping we can get pregnant sooner than later..both dh and just turned 39 years old.

I should be ovulating tomorrow or the next day..my opks are getting darker and darker..based on previous cycles I should get a positive later today or early tomorrow for sure.

I look forward to joining you all, and praying for each and every one of you.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#131 of 166 Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

kikaaaso~You've been added! Welcome to our group!

Jenn D.~awwwww, Thanks!

#132 of 166 Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm getting more and more nervous about the appointment on Tuesday.

I'm almost in tears over it and I don't know if that's from AF hormones or what!

Can you all keep praying? We'd really like to get pregnant naturally...

#133 of 166 Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM

Prayers being sent right now MrsD08!! Thank you for adding me!! I got a positive opk today..yeah..so I should "o" by sometime tomorrow.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#134 of 166 Old 02-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a blessed day today! I'm so thankful today because the sun is shining here for the second day in a row! I love winter snow and cold, but I tend to get the blues if it's cloudy for very long at all. So my first prayer this morning was to thank God for the sun!

I'm also thankful that FF finally gave me some idea when I O'd. This being my first charting experience I was starting to wonder if my temps would ever go up enough to get some definitive "crosshairs." Guess I'm one of those "slow rise" people! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, though, since this was really our first official month TTC. I'm only 7 DPO, so I have a while to wait for AF or a BFP anyway.... Which brings me to the song that's been in my head the last few days, "While I'm Waiting" from the "Fireproof" movie. I'm sure you've all heard/seen it before, but since it's been on my mind and heart, I thought I'd share it here. It's certainly a good reminder for all of us to worship the Lord as we wait for His perfect timing and plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#135 of 166 Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Lemoncello~That was a big help last cycle w/ TTC. Here is another version of the video that you might appreciate.

#136 of 166 Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 AM

Hi ladies,

i have been away from the forum for awhile and just got a chance to catch up. praying for all of your prayer requests tonight. hope to see some updates this weekend.

i really need prayers. i just got back yesterday from a heartbreaking trip to michigan/ohio. i went to help my best friend, kelly, as her doula and lactation consultant. she was in labor for 26 hours & after 3 hrs of pushing we had to transport her to the hospital. it turns out God knew what he was doing by making us transport from the birth center to a hospital with a nicu. the baby has many birth defects. he had surgery yesterday to connect his esophogus to his stomach. he also has a hole in his heart, a spina bifida occulta, 1 testical, spots on his kidneys, and they are testing for more birth defects. we are all devastated and so sad. my friends are heartbroken and really grieving seeing their son connected to so many wires and tubes. they had no idea any of this was going on until he was born, ultrasound never showed any issues. im thankful that my best friends husband is a youth pastor and their faith is strong. they have great support but it was still very hard to leave them. please pray for jamie & kelly and baby jonah. they need to feel Gods presence and His peace right now. also if anyone is in the area of toledo, detroit, even grand rapids etc. please let me know if you have any recommendations of good pediatricians, chiropractors, lactation consultants, stores with breastfeeding supplies, LLL, mother support groups etc. thank you.

AFM, the stress and strain of it all caused me to start cramping and spotting Wed. it has stopped but im terrified. i am 6 weeks and this is when i had my 2nd miscarriage last yr. i feel selfish asking for prayers for myself when all this is happening to my best friend, but please if you have time lift me up in prayer as well.

so thankful i have this forum to ask for prayers. thank you all.

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#137 of 166 Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 AM

mommynicole - my prayers are going up for you and your friends family and baby.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#138 of 166 Old 02-20-2010, 01:18 AM

Prayers!
#139 of 166 Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

prayers are going up for all of you Nicole!

#140 of 166 Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Oh, Nicole, my heart goes out to your friends and to you. I pray that God will grant the doctors and nurses wisdom and skill to help Jonah's little body as best they can. I pray He will grant healing and strength to Jonah, and peace and comfort to his parents. I can't imagine the shock and sadness they are feeling right now. I pray also for you, that you will find comfort in God's perfect love and know that He is control of everything. I pray you will find the strength to give everything to Him.

#141 of 166 Old 02-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up

Name: Lemoncello
TTC #:1
CD:23
DPO (if applicable):10
Testing:not yet...FF says I should wait until 3/2 unless AF comes before then.
Trying Since: Jan. 2010
Plan for this Cycle: keep learning how to chart my temps and CM and wait to see what happens
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/lemoncello

Thoughts: This 2ww thing is alot harder now that I am keeping track on a daily basis! I don't know how some of you ladies have kept it up for months and months. The past two days I've started having some symptoms of note, particularly extreme mood swings, which usually means AF is in my very near future...and rather strangely, some tenderness in my breasts. I say that's strange because I've never really noticed it as much as I have the last two days. Last night one of my cats was trying to get all comfy on my chest and kept stepping on my boobs...and it hurt! I've never had that happen before! I keep telling myself it's just because I am paying more attention than normal to my body, but it's hard not to wonder if that's a pregnancy symptom, ya know? Another weird thing is that today I have felt like my blood sugar is low--feeling fatigued, week, shaky and nauseous at times. This is strange because I have not felt that way since I stopped taking BCP's over 1 1/2 yr. ago. So, I am caught in this struggle between over-analyzing things and wondering if perhaps it means I'm preggers or trying not to get excited and expect AF to arrive any day now. It's so hard to be patient!

Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week: Hmmm...Just that God is in control and to trust His timing!

Prayer Requests:
I would ask for prayer for a friend of mine ("J") who has a sweet 7 mo. baby girl ("C") who was born premature and has had no end of medical problems since. "C" is currently hospitalized because she is not keeping her weight on and is not tolerating her feedings well (She has to be kept on a feeding tube because she was not able to gain while feeding by mouth.) The doctors have found that she has problems with both her pituitary and thyroid gland, as well as cerebral folate deficeincy (meaning her brain is not getting the folic acid that is in her blood stream.) This is all very serious, but they are still looking for the root cause of these problems so that they know how best to treat her. Please pray for "J" as she has to stay in the hospital with "C" away from her 5 other children. Pray for "C" to gain weight and develop more strength. And pray for the doctors to have wisdom to know how to help her tiny body get better.

#142 of 166 Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Weekend Wrap-Up

Name: Samantha
TTC #: Baby D. #1
CD: 1
DPO (if applicable):n/a
Testing: not this cycle
Trying Since: Sept. 2009
Plan for this Cycle: meeting w/ the urologist (pray for us), thinking about the Maca, *kind of* taking this month off, but not preventing.
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts: just glad a new cycle has started after a 45 day long cycle!
Verse, Quote or Sentiment that Has Helped Keep You Positive This Week: Honestly, nothing...
Prayer Requests: Pray for our doctors appointment on Tuesday please.

#143 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 AM

My husband got a job!!!! Its been 20 months and I actually wanted to cry when I heard as it has been such a strain. Thanks for all the prayers. While we have a lot to sort out and debts to pay back before we can properly start ttc, having another baby is high on our list now.

He should start middle of March and I start my job end of March so we need to find a school for my daughter and then plan when we can ttc again.

Hope everyone is doing well and God bless for this cycle. We are using contraceptives so will not be trying for a while still.
#144 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 PM

So glad someone started this particular group. Thanks!!! I'm Shell, I'm 36we've been blessed with a magical 4 year-old daughter and have been TTC a sibling for her for 2.5 years. Had an endometrial polyp removal Jan 12th. Using EPO, maca, acupuncture and prayer this cycle to increase our chances. Discussing moving on to clomid and IUI next cycle. Moving between feeling very hopeful this will happen for us and despairing that it won't. (I've had a few health care practitioners say they are very confident I can get pregnant, but the consultation with an RE left me utterly hopeless. I keep trying to convince myslef that he's trying to sell IVF because he wants a new boat and that's why he sees my labwork as giving us only a 12%chance without shelling out $15,000 for IVF).

Wishing I could unplug my ears and hear an answer from God...It's a work in progress.
#145 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 02:38 PM

MrsD~~~how'd everything go? Can't wait to hear the news.

shellnurse~~~"Wishing I could unplug my ears and hear an answer from God"...here is a wall hanging I found that is in the hallway down to our childrens bedrooms..."Make time for quiet moments, as God whispers and the world is loud." I hope your wish comes true!
#146 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Jen D. and Everyone~
We liked this doctor a lot better. He has given us a number of things it could be and how we can deal with it. The other doctor just said DH was anejactulatory and there was nothing we could do.

First, he wants a semen analysis done. Our next appointment is March 30th. So we have to try to get the SA before then. If we can't get one, he is going to do a procedure to see if there is a blockage of some kind. He's also going to speak with a psychiatrict colleague about SSRIs, DH was on one a while ago and he thinks that could be a contributer, but he's not sure that that effect would be prolonged that much (he's been off the meds for 2 1/2 years).

We're much happier with this doctors approach. He was very professional and the office is really nice. I was worried about a lack of personable people because it's such a huge office, but everyone was really nice!

So, here's to another 5 weeks of TTC AND semen analysis'!

#147 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM

very nice to hear good news from all!

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Peace to everybody!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#148 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
Jen D. and Everyone~
We liked this doctor a lot better. He has given us a number of things it could be and how we can deal with it. The other doctor just said DH was anejactulatory and there was nothing we could do.

First, he wants a semen analysis done. Our next appointment is March 30th. So we have to try to get the SA before then. If we can't get one, he is going to do a procedure to see if there is a blockage of some kind. He's also going to speak with a psychiatrict colleague about SSRIs, DH was on one a while ago and he thinks that could be a contributer, but he's not sure that that effect would be prolonged that much (he's been off the meds for 2 1/2 years).

We're much happier with this doctors approach. He was very professional and the office is really nice. I was worried about a lack of personable people because it's such a huge office, but everyone was really nice!

So, here's to another 5 weeks of TTC AND semen analysis'!
OH YAY!!! That's good news! YAY! YAY! YAY!
#149 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellnurse View Post
So glad someone started this particular group. Thanks!!! I'm Shell, I'm 36we've been blessed with a magical 4 year-old daughter and have been TTC a sibling for her for 2.5 years. Had an endometrial polyp removal Jan 12th. Using EPO, maca, acupuncture and prayer this cycle to increase our chances. Discussing moving on to clomid and IUI next cycle. Moving between feeling very hopeful this will happen for us and despairing that it won't. (I've had a few health care practitioners say they are very confident I can get pregnant, but the consultation with an RE left me utterly hopeless. I keep trying to convince myslef that he's trying to sell IVF because he wants a new boat and that's why he sees my labwork as giving us only a 12%chance without shelling out $15,000 for IVF).

Wishing I could unplug my ears and hear an answer from God...It's a work in progress.
I will add you! Do you have any prayer requests or a chart you'd like me to add?

#150 of 166 Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Hey guys. It's great to hear some good news coming from here!

Tanikit It's sooo good to here your DH got a job. It can be very stressful waiting, but wow what a load that's lifted when the waiting is over. I hope everything else falls into place so you can ttc soon. It's frustrating when you really desire another child and feel like it's not possible due to worldly circumstances. DH and I have had to wait over a year to ttc because we didn't have insurance.

MrsD08 I'm glad the dr's appt went well. I hope you can get BFP without any help. But I also hope that if there's a problem, the dr.'s can find it and give you a solution.

Shellnurse I'm sorry it's taking so long to ttc #2. It took us 4 yrs to conceive #1, and sometimes I'm afraid it will take that long again. I can remember, the dr's were unable to tell us anything was wrong, but they were pushing IUI and IVF. It was frustrating. We decided we weren't going to/couldn't afford to pay someone to play God.

jenniferadurham How are you doing? I remember our cycles are close to the same. Hope you're getting close to testing, and get your BFP this month.

I'll be praying that each of us get the answers we need. Answers from God, answers from tests, and answers from dr's. Also, that the Lord will grant us His peace to deal with what's ahead.

AFM I'm 8 dpo today. My chart looks promising and I've got lots of symptoms. But I know the mind is a powerful thing. I'm planning on testing in the morning, still kind of early. I'm afraid I'll be really disappointed if we're not BFP this month. We timed our bd'ing very well. Anyway, the tww really stinks. I'm like you Lemoncello, I just started charting this month, and I do think it makes the tww wait worse

Christian wife & SAHmama to the love of my life Nate for 7 yrs (together for 9) and DD Ava 6/08. Always missing our Angel Baby 1/20/08. Hoping for a 2010 sticky babe!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page