February Obsess and Test!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!

We love cheap tests.
We love buying tests in bulk.
We have spent more on tests this cycle than we care to admit anywhere outside of this forum.

That twinge? Oh that could be implantation!
Am I nauseated or is it just that food I ate earlier?
Hello body? Could you just give me a definite sign?!

If you have ever even thought any of these comments, or something similar, this is where you can come to share. Post your tests to be scrutinized, whine about how long it is to get from 3dpo when you have your ovulation confirmed to 7dpo when you promised yourself you would wait to test.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM

Fertility Friend has me at 16 dpo. I think that is wrong and I am more like 10 days. My temps are nice and high.

Took a FRER (white wrapper) this am with TMU - after some coffee and juice. If I stare hard enough there is something there, but I think I am just making myself crazy. My vision is pretty crappy for close up. I recently had to move up on my glasses to a stronger pair. OK - if you under 40 and laughing - just you wait. So, I have to look at hpts with my newer glasses. I have them waiting for me in the bathroom. I am crazy.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
OMG have to laugh at that nymomma! You could definitely be 10 dpo.

I have never posted in this thread before but here I am 8 dpo so the urge to pee on everything in sight is absolutely overwhleming. I swore I'd wait until tomorrow, when I'd have to rush to work which is very busy and I'd be all distracted no matter what the result is. But I woke up this morning feeling quite smugly positive. So I peed on something and by something I don't mean a houseplant or a pile of laundry (I live with an elderly cat so these are legitimate places to pee in my house) and that something didn't do what it was supposed to do! I couldn't help but think that if I had my glasses on there would be a line. I tried to make a dash for them in the kitchen but DH got suspicious and I do not want him knowing that I tested already so I was thwarted. Next chance I got, I scratched the looked-negative-but-would-have-been-positive-if-I'd-had-my-glasses-on test with my finger nail so that I'd be forced to throw it in the garbage instead of carry it around in my pocket all day. I'm definitely leaving my glasses in the bathroom tonight.

Except I'm near sighted...

Now it's mid afternoon and I've had several glasses of juice and coffee and seriously I still need a straightjacket to keep me away from my hpt stash. Ah the sweet relief of ripping that little foil packet open.

8 DPO for goodness sake. I really need to get a grip.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 PM

Post a picture! I'll stare with you!
I'm 2 dpo and have solemnly sworn to myself that I'm not testing til at least 6. Haha, we'll see how long that lasts!

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Madeofstardust Well, I guess I could post a picture - but it so past the time limit now. You also need to tilt it to see the line. And you need the magic glasses. So, I will wait and take another one and snap a picture if there is anything to take a picture of. I have those cheap internet ones, but now I am thinking I only trust the FRER or dollar store. They are like crack.

Jessebird - you need to have a special spot for the glasses! I can so sympathize with your dilemma this am. I can't believe you are not carrying it around in your pocket.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymomma View Post
I can't believe you are not carrying it around in your pocket.
A few weeks ago I went through my huge collection of used HPTs and finally threw out the negative ones. I kept the three dozen + from a chemical in '08 and from DS. I then vowed never to keep another neg for longer than twenty minutes. I'm older now and squinting just leads to crow's feet. It's liberating to scratch them so that you have no choice but to chuck them. Try it! It's either that or stop strangers on the street to ask them what they think and I'm a mother now so I really can't be letting my insanity show so much.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM

I am 3 dpo offically today- FF gave me crosshairs this am... I will be joining in here! I am a POAS addict and will be peeing on my IC's starting around 6 DPO since MaerynPearl got a + with her last child at 6 dpo...lol! I know I know- thats REALLY early...but hey...why not have fun with the 50 Ic's I have waiting to be pee'd on! ;-)

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Old 01-31-2010, 06:41 PM

Hi Ladies! I have been MIA a while and that is probably good. What's the fun of obsessing and testing when I can't pretend i have ovulated, lol. Anyway just popping by to say hey... i have still used OPKs and gotten yet another set of pozzies the last couple days, this time with COPIOUS eggwhite CF which i haven't had this much, this clear, and stretchy to 6" this entire time of charting so here's hoping it's a positive sign. Got an excellent BD timing in too... LOTS of O pains last night and this morning...now if my temp would only rise...

TTYAS if it does

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 PM

Omgz, I just had the sharpest little pain in my uterine area! I haven't felt anything like that since I got pregnant with DD. I think we've been successful! Maybe? Ahhhhh. I can't wait to test! I wish there were a test you could take the second you thought that you might be pregnant.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
Old 01-31-2010, 07:33 PM

madeofstardust: I am so with you!!!

I am 10dpo and had nothing but BFN's since I caved and started tested at 7dpo BUT...here are my symptoms: dizzy, fatigued, gassy, and not just nauseated but actually threw up this afternoon! Oh, and my temp is usually on the downward slide by now, but has been going up. I'm either pregnant or getting "the flute" as my niece calls it. Want to test again, but trying to wait for morning!!!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 PM

Sounds like pregnancy to me, indianagirl! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
I'm resisting the urge to test tonight, I know it'll be negative, but I am still seriously having to convince myself to not test tonight! I have 10 internet cheapies left, and 10 more in the mail!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM

I just sent DH to the store to buy OPK's. I haven't been temping recently but think I'm going to O tomorrow. Anyways, I know how you feel wanting to POAS when you KNOW it's negative.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Total BFN this am. No magic glasses in the world will help. AF is knocking on my door. Hope you all get better news.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Nymomma, I'm so sorry.

Um so I didn't need my glasses after all. I have a line. I have two lines. Actually four lines. Nothing to do with four eyes.

9 dpo

I peed on a strip first thing this morning and regretted it. I never used to mind BFNs but these days I do. So I put it aside, had a shower and puttered about. When I went back to it, there was a line. So faint it was hard to tell if it had any pink in it though and I was a bit over the time limit. So I willed myself to pee again (I hadn't had anything to drink) and this time I watched. And lo and behold a line. At about 3 or 4 minutes, just as the streaking disappeared. It's faint but it's there and it's pink. I'm still letting it sink in.

Sorry to post here without a photo! I was rushing to get ready for work and get DS to daycare and I just don't feel ready to tell DH yet so I had to sneak around a bit.

Wow. Cool.

Madeofstardust and indianagrl, I'll be watching you! Hoping for the same!!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Congrats Jessiebird!! That is awesome news!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Congrats Jessiebird! Woohoo! That's awesome.

I tested last night, I couldn't resist. BFN, of course. I wasn't expecting any different yet.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Wow... There's a lot of us that have AF due on my birthday (the 5th). Here's to hoping AF travels to Mars for the 5th! What a wonderful birthday gift 2 pink lines would be!!!

AFM: AF due the 5th. (Why oh WHY does such a dreaded occurrence have to be expected on my birthday????) FF says I'm 11DPO. I could test but don't have any here. Maybe I can get to the $ store today sometime.... I'm not sure wth is going on with my chart. it *looks like* I had an implantation dip at 5DPO but I'm not as chart reading savvy as some of you out there. What do you all think??? Here's my chart.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM

Congrats Jessiebird!!! :-)

I am 4 dpo today- temp went up really nice this am- praying it means something good- probably will start my progesterone tomorrow.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 PM

I am going crazy!! 11dpo today and BFN! So why am I so nauseated? I keep having dizzy spells and want to throw up UNLESS I keep my tummy full. As soon as I go a couple of hours without eating I start dry-heaving or actually throwing up. Temp was still high this morning and bb's hurt (but they always do before AF). Why can't a get two lines??? And my chart is so pretty!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Alright ladies!! I'm joining!!!!!!!!!

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/128814

I don't have cross hairs yet, but by tomorrow I should. I'm pretty sure I am 2DPO right now.

I will test Feb. 8th (one week from today!) at 9DPO. I PROMISE I will wait that long......at LEAST. Lol! I can pee on sticks as much as I want after Monday! Hurray!!

Indiangirl~ This REALLY sounds like "it" to me!!! I didn't get a BFP til 15 DPO with DD!! I got neg. tests at 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 DPO!! I thought I was TOTALLY out and then BOOM! BFP!

Kingsdaughter~ Yah for high temps!!

chainedangel~ GO TO $ STORE! Lol! You have a pretty chart! It looks like a possible implantation dip for sure!!!

To those with BFN: I am so sorry! Hope next cycle is your cycle!!!

Alright.....7 more days to go for me....AHH!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Is this thread for obsessing over HPT's only, or do OPK's count? I'm on CD25 but I haven't ovulated yet, so I'm still obsessing over the large amounts of OPK's I've been taking.

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM

if it's a stick that you pee on that you are obsessing over- you're in the right place! LOL

Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM

I'm here! I only tested twice this weekend, which is completely stupid since I'm not charting and can only guess that was between 3 and 7dpo.

I'm doing my very, very best not to test until Friday 5th (9 - 12dpo), but I know that I want to test on Wednesday (6-10dpo) even though it's waaaay too early. Hi, my name is SML27 and I'm obsessed!

Someone stop me from peeing on one of my nice FRER's!!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Well even though I knew better, I went to the dollar store at lunch today. Thank goodness there was another line!!! Mid-afternoon after two cups of tea no less! Yippee! I really would have been mad at myself if it had been stark white.

I just *had* to have something to stare at all day at work, having left this morning's ICs at home (what was I thinking?). My dollar store BFP feels like my little office pet that I have to check on every few minutes. SO FUN!!!

Pollyanna, I can't speak for what's normal in this thread because I'm new here but since waiting to O is that much more agonizing for most of us than the 2ww is, I'd say pee on those OPKs and tell us all about it.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM

JessieBird- Yay for you

AFM: Im CD 15 and monitor is still low and neg OPKS, WTF, by this time every cycle my monitor is at least on high, i cant help but wonder if I wont O this cycle. Although im praying tha O holds out to the weekend I cant help but feel disappointed that im still on low!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Jessiebird- congratulations!

Kingsdaughter- yay on rising temps!

Indianagirl- you will

AFM I consider myself another no go on O... unless by a miracle temp is up tomorrow. REALLY doubt it, but dang it why did I have dry up and everything if it was another falsie? I now have quite the collection of positive OPKs from the last month, each leading nowhere : (

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

obsessing of any kind, testing of any kind. the pregnancy tests are more common but we welcome OPK obsessing too!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 PM

So I went to the $ store w/ my best friend.
Picked up 2 tests.
Went home.
Started supper.
Peed in cup.
Continued cooking supper.
Went back to bathroom and put my dropper in the cup and dropped it on the stick.
Waited.
Thought I might have seen something but needed to get back to cooking supper.
Put the test in my pocket and went back to stove.
Stirred a bit so it wouldn't burn.
Went back to the bathroom and looked at the test again.

A dark enough for the girl w/ bad eyesight to see line was there... Could it be evap? Well, Amanda... since when are evaps PINK?!?!?!?!?!

BFP-BFP-BFP-BFP!!!!!!!! 11dpo And I got my bfp! I'd post pics but there are ppl right in the room that should not know before dh... DH is at work.

OH. MY. GAAAAWWWWDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Congrats Amanda!

I'm so excited for you! I have hope for my BFP in the next couple weeks!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 AM

a bit strange that this TTC thread is hosted by a lady that has no more tests to take seeing as she graduated from this whole TTC sub board weeks ago

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

User Tag List