**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty small to begin with. I'm only 5'1" and started out weighing 120. I'd ideally like to tone up a little before getting pregnant again, but I don't really have any weight to lose. Following a diabetic diet will be excrutiating for me because I love my simple carbs.

Can I just say how irritating it is when doctors say you're too small to possibly deliver your baby? I don't believe that my body will let me grow huge babies naturally without there being a good exit strategy. To help ensure that I can have my natural birth I've been seeing a chiropractor who has been helping me loosen my pelvis after a car accident where I broke my femur by my hip. It's already helped some.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 PM

I'm a small framed women and all my babies have been "big" considering their circumstances, 2 were born a month early, one was 6lbs 2oz and the other was 7lbs so if I had of carried to term both would have been well over 9lbs. My pelvis is small too. I think most doctor's push c-sections because they get paid more from that then a vaginal birth.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 PM

SweetMama-

I have a very small frame as well (5'4, 120 lbs) and big babies run in my husbands family. I completely agree with you about the c-section statement. One OBGYN in my area drugged up my friend while she was in labor, gave her 2 huge episiotomys, and took the baby out with forceps because he had plans to attend. My poor friend was too drugged to even know what was going on. So sad. Most women outside of the U.S. don't have any intervention and do just fine. I plan on doing a water birth with no intervention unless absolutely necessary.

My best friend was 95 lbs before she got pregnant (very skinny with high metabolism..runs in her family) and the doctors tried to tell her that she wouldn't be able to have her vaginally. Well she insisted and labored in less than an hour and pushed her out in 30 minutes with zero medical intervention. Don't let anyone tell you what you can't do! It's your choice.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Monday Check-In: Two days late... sorry.
Name: isaiahallyson
Date: 02/17/2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/213ae7
Where are you in your cycle: CD4
Appointments: None, doing this with a little advice from a peer doctor
Symptoms if they apply: Nothing yet...
Testing: Not using any OPKs or other tests right now.
Thoughts: Really hoping this cycle will be it. I've had some definitive infertility issues over the last year, but hoping that the changes I've made with my diet and some of the supplements I'm taking will help produce a big juicy egg!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
. I think most doctor's push c-sections because they get paid more from that then a vaginal birth.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelady View Post
SweetMama-

I have a very small frame as well (5'4, 120 lbs) and big babies run in my husbands family. I completely agree with you about the c-section statement. One OBGYN in my area drugged up my friend while she was in labor, gave her 2 huge episiotomys, and took the baby out with forceps because he had plans to attend. My poor friend was too drugged to even know what was going on. So sad. Most women outside of the U.S. don't have any intervention and do just fine. I plan on doing a water birth with no intervention unless absolutely necessary.

My best friend was 95 lbs before she got pregnant (very skinny with high metabolism..runs in her family) and the doctors tried to tell her that she wouldn't be able to have her vaginally. Well she insisted and labored in less than an hour and pushed her out in 30 minutes with zero medical intervention. Don't let anyone tell you what you can't do! It's your choice.
I was 88 lbs before I got pregnant with my first child, he was 6lbs 2oz at 35 weeks gestation, I pushed for less then 10 mins, with no drugs, with my second one he was 7lbs 1oz at a 41 weeks gestation and I was 95lbs before I got pregnant with him. I gained 70 lbs with my first 30 with my second and laboured and delivered with no drugs. My last pregnancy was with my 15 month old, he was 6lbs 15oz at 36 weeks gestation and he was my only c-section and that was a result of being put on pit because I was very high risk and had GD. As a result my leg swelled to like 2 or 3 times its normal size and they put me under for it. I'm now still only 120 and 5'7"

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Old 02-18-2010, 12:27 AM

Sweetmama-

WOW. Way to stay in fabulous shape during 2 kids! I hope I will be as successful as you. I'm fairly small but have a muscular build (athletic history) and am hoping that all of this exercise will pay off in a future delivery. But for now, I better just worry about getting pregnant! I'm so ready for it. It seems like everyone around me is accidentally getting pregnant. I'm happy for them..but it's a bit annoying at the same time. I really hope this is the month. Fingers crossed for everyone!

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif

Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

isaiahallyson, I can include your age and the genders of your lo's if you'd like.

Updated to here

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Banned

Well the spotting is full on period. I've had bleeding while pregnant before so I tested just to be sure I shouldn't be taking progesterone, but it looks like I can take a nice glass of wine instead!

Poor DH, no BFP for his birthday. Just more BDing!

I couldn't even see the OB, they had to reschedule twice and then told me they'd just switched insurance rules to just one group. I have to change mine to that one and go back in March. That'd be early enough for the next cycle, but this luteal phase seemed so short, and I have such a history of this, I'm thinking about getting some cream just myself and seeing if that helps. I should go read up on that...

I think the insurance ringamorole and killing myself just to get to the doc for one appt (and failing!) convinced both DH and I that a midwife is the way to go this time around. I can't exactly leave a classroom of 14yos early to make an appt, or sit around in a waiting room and be late to school... and once it's June, I'd just have DD in tow. I think she wouldn't mind playing in the waiting room, making all the new moms swoon over her sweetness but DH doesn't like the idea of the hassel of it all. I think we're just looking for excuses to shore up our confirmation that it's what we both want this time!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Morning, everyone!
I finally got my "crosshairs" on FF yesterday! For a while there I was afraid my temps were not going to go up, but they are rising ever sooooo slowly, which makes me feel better. I'm a major conformist to "textbook" methods, and sometimes I expect my body to conform as well. So I was kind of hoping my BBTs would be a little more like the "ideal" chart. But I know every woman is unique, so I guess I need to stop expecting things of myself and just let my body do it's thing!

1luckymama--Finally getting back to your question...yes, I did notice some weird CM about 2 days DPO, and I didn't know what to call it on my chart! Ha, ha! The best way I can describe it (TMI!) is like a glob of whitish snot! Yuck! It was very elastic, not like what I would call EWCM...more rubbery, perhaps? Like I said, I didn't know what to call it, so I didn't even bother putting anything down for CM that day.

Now I'm just waiting....I really doubt that we have very good chances for this month, since we only BD'd every other day when I was fertile. DH is still trying to prepare himself mentally, though, so every time I complain that I'm feeling moody or off, he makes some comment about how "it's going to be like this for the next 9 months!" I finally told him last night to stop saying things like that because it just makes me get my hopes up, when I'm trying to just relax and not think about it too much. In my mind I have to just think that I'm waiting for AF to show so we can have another go at it next month. And if that's not what happens, then I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Oh, and almost forgot to mention...

All this talk about negative hospital birth experiences has me totally freaked out. I had never even considered giving birth anywhere but a hospital until I recently saw pics of a friend from college who had her second child at home with a midwife attending. It looked so natural and peaceful, but I still didn't really think that would be for me. However, the more horror stories I've heard, and the more people I know who've had to go through C-sections, I have started to think home birth would be so much more my style. I'm a very modest person...highly uncomfortable with male doctors of any sort, esp. OB's. The very idea of a bunch of different medical personel barging in on such an intimate and personal event as childbirth makes me very uncomfortable. Plus all the stats on the detrimental effects some meds and other types of intervention can have for both mom and baby...well, it just adds up fast!

My problem is that I live in Illinois, where DEMs are few and far between since they have to practice underground. If I were in the Chicago area, I'd at least have more of a chance of finding a midwife, and there are even a couple of birthing centers and doctors who still do deliveries in homes....but I live in the southern part of the state, and that complicates things. I just keep hoping that by the time I need a midwife, perhaps some legislation will be passed making it easier for them to practice...or that I will miraculously find one I like in my area!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

St.Margaret –

Sorry to hear about . Good idea to test just in case though. Enjoy a glass of wine for me! If I get a BFN, I’ll join you on the wine. Short luteal phases aren’t a good sign, but let’s hope the doc will figure it out! Keep us updated!

Lemoncello-

Yay for crosshairs! No worries about not having a picture perfect chart..mine are backwards! And about the weird CM after O..yeah..I definitely had that too! White, clumpy and almost like EWCM but not quite. Maybe it’s a preggo symptom! Your chances are still pretty good for BDing every other day..it only takes one sperm to do the job! You seem so patient..more power to you! Send some of that patience my way.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:41 PM

Lemoncello

Well I am glad that there are others with that CM, I was so terrified of a yeast infection! I am now 4DPO and it has almost gone away, kind of tacky but dry now. Also, about the hospital birth, I just wanted to quickly share,

I had 2 unmedicated, non-intervention, midwife attended hospital births. I have hypochondria and anxiety so there was no way a homebirth was an option for me (and yes there are those who would argue if I have hypo. and anxiety, than a hospital should be the last place I would want to give birth lol). Anyhow, I live about 20 mins from the nearest hospital, and I laboured at home until about 6cm, then my midwife, my mom and my dh went to the hopsital. With both births I had no IV's, I had no procedures done to me that were unwanted, was TOTALLY respected and it was very peaceful. We had the lights so low its like they were practically off, and my midwifes student and a nurse were there, but they were invisible to me. I dont like being internally checked in labour, it hurts so bad, and so I had none of that either. No eye ointment, no shots for the baby, and niether one of them lef tmy side for a minute. My midwife gave me all the time in the world to walk around, bounce on a ball, have a hsower etc. that I wanted. I never felt rushed, coerced etc. Both of my births in hospital were so amazing. If I felt comfortable, Im sure a homebirth would be even more empowering, but as I said, I just cant do it. When they were born, they were placed on my chest and we were allowed to meet and bond, nobody took them from me to weight and wash until I said I was ready (which was a good amount of time after the birth). I feel so lucky to have had the positive experiences I had, and just wanted to share that it isnt always horrifying to birth at a hospital.

Also, with my 2nd son, 5 hours after the birth, we came home and the midwife came with us, tucked us all in, and we got to sleep in our own bed, it was wonderful

AFM:
4DPO, cervix feels like it is getting slightly harder, and coming down a bit, but my cervix can be very unreliable lol. I am again, super grouchy and I swear I was getting small pains in my boobs yesterday, although I know implantation hasnt even occured yet lol. Yesterday, DH asked me, are you pregnant yet? I got a big smile and said, I dont know!! And he was so excited and got a HUGE smile too. This is such a big deal for me because up until recently he was so done and I didnt think hed ever change his mind.........
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM

1luckymama--Your natural hospital birth experience sounds much nicer, but I wonder if our hospitals around here are that "natural birth friendly." I haven't lived in the area all that long, and since we are trying to keep the fact that we are (finally) TTC under wraps I haven't felt comfortable asking any of my friends about their recent delivery experiences. I guess when it's time, I'll really start seriously researching....but for now it's all just theoretical!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM

Just wanted to drop by quickly to let everyone know that Melanie is CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!! All tests came back negative and we are all healthy and happy!!! Will update more later, spending good quality time with my sweet little girl right now!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Erica rn!! i am so happy!!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM

That is such wonderful news, Erica! What a relief! Praise the Lord!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Hooray Erica!! What a relief!!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 PM

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO Erica, such great news!!!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM

yay Erica!!!!I am so happy for you!!!!!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Erica..that's the best thing I've heard all week! Been thinking about you. SO glad the test were negative.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Banned

Erica, SO happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemoncello, check out the Finding Your Tribe area. I had a fantastic natural birth with a VERY special OB in my area. You never know. But yeah, when I started the birth research we were running scared from regular hospital births. If we hadn't found our OB, we'd have HB'ed, and we probably will this time anyway.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
Just wanted to drop by quickly to let everyone know that Melanie is CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!! All tests came back negative and we are all healthy and happy!!! Will update more later, spending good quality time with my sweet little girl right now!

erica
i know my mom went through a similar scare when i was small. i ended up having ITP, which was serious, but i survived. im so glad that it turned out so well. what a scary time it must have been for you and your family.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 AM

Erica, SO glad I popped on tonight (I was planning to go to bed without checking)! SOOOOO glad to hear about your DD!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We were all so worried!!! <wipes the sweat of our brow>

1*Lucky*Mama: Your post literally calmed me down as I was reading it. I am hopefully going back to the hospital that we had DS at...they are VERY NCB associated and have a staff of CNM. I didn't know this at the time bc I was a transfer from a BC. I hope to have a similar experience as you! Thanks for the post!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:08 AM

No problem, I am more than happy to share! Like I said, I cherish my memeories from my hospital birth and am SO EXCITED to do it again, hopefully soon
Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Erica, so happy to hear that! You had lots of prayers going your way!!

AFM- I have officially gone crazy in my tww! The rational side of me knows I'm not pg. That the chance is so small it's very unlikely. However, I have had things happen that just aren't normal to me. I have always had regular, no problem Af, no pms, cramps, etc. Never. Then, yesterday my boobs are so sore I could even feel it while I was sleeping on my stomach, and this am when I woke up. Plus when I woke up I had kind of a sore throat so maybe I'm getting a cold or something that would explain it. I am super tierd and achy (I work retail so that could be that explanation). The only 2 symptoms I can't explain yet are the very very vivid dreams that I wake up and can clearly remember and the weird feeling in my uterus. From about 1DPO to 4DPO, I got this heavy feeling almost like af, like if you push hard enough you would leak. It was weird then last night got some weird pain.

I don't know it's probably all in my head haha. I am either 7DPO or 8DPO today and I took and test yesterday and today both BFN. No question, not even a faint line lol. So, thanks for letting me get it out. Hopefully now I can stop focusing on it and just wait for AF to come so I can start this alllll over again.

How is everyone else? Happy Friday!

me 27 and dh 28, married 9-25-05, trying to make baby #1
Old 02-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Well I am at 9 DPO and am totally not sure of what is going on but for some reason I am kind of hopeful again. It may be because DH is so cenfident that it will be soon. So now I need to focus on taking care of my anemia!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcNumberOne View Post

How is everyone else? Happy Friday!
I'm 1-2 DPO and feeling full. Yes, I'm weird. But these last several cycles it's like I can feel EVERYTHING going on down there. I'm so in tune with my body and can feel when things are going to happen...like AF and the such. I'm crampy/achey down where my hairline is still today. My boobs were sore yesterday when I took my bra off...weird. I don't get to test until the 3rd/4th so I have a long way to wait. At least 12 more days. EEESH. I'm going to go insane!!!! But my bday is tomorrow and it'll take my mind off of 2WW some!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:27 PM

Girls I need help, I know this is TMI but I finished my period 6 days ago and I still have really yucky brown CM, this has never happened to me before and my periods are usually only 3 days long regularily so I'm wondering what could be up, any ideas?

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

User Tag List