**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 472 Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beachbabe, are you committed to using this doctor? It might be worth getting a second opinion

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#422 of 472 Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM

Hey! Congrats Lucky on the BFP!!!!

AFM- AF came 2 days ago, so on to another cycle. I think I might try royal jelly this time around with my vitamins. This will be my last cycle ttc on our own, if this doesn't work my gyn is going to do the ivi, and if that doesn't work after 2 cycles we might go to iui.

Good luck to everyone!

me 27 and dh 28, married 9-25-05, trying to make baby #1
#423 of 472 Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 PM

ARGH I don't understand why FF hasn't given me cross hairs yet if I did infact Ovulate! My temps have stayed higher for 3 days in a row now!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#424 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 AM

did any body watch the view this morning. I never watch that crap but my mom called me and said turn on the view it's about TTC. I was discouraged. there was a lot about IVF and other treatments. they were talking about odds of TTC at different ages. I'm 28 and my odds are way less than they were when I had my previous pregnancies. It's amazing that women in there 40's even use birth control. I think they have a whopping 3% chance of conception.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#425 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
ARGH I don't understand why FF hasn't given me cross hairs yet if I did infact Ovulate! My temps have stayed higher for 3 days in a row now!
I have a feeling this is going to be me. I plugged in a couple dummy high temps for tomorrow, saturday and sunday and I still got no crosshairs! I think it's b/c I put my positive OPKs on wednesday and thursday, even though I really think I may have Od on tuesday (got a very close OPK in the afternoon and should have retested later on in the day but didn't). I plugged in a positive OPK for tuesday just to see, and I would get crosshairs tomorrow if my temp stayed up. Grrr so frustrating!

#426 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelady View Post
Congrats to the new BFP's!

ojazzy1- I check temps during AF just for reference. I'm still new to charting so once I figure out my general pattern, I'll most likely stop temping turn AF. Sorry to hear that came this cycle. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the next cycle!

lemoncello- You're not the only one driving your hubby crazy! Mine doesn't want me to POAS quite yet because "I'm wasting HPT money," lol. He's been interested in my charts even though he's not too sure what to look for. It's cute.

Whatcha think?

I'm currently 8dpo!
Had a dip at 6dpo..hopefully implantation!
Twinges in my right side lower abdomen
Nips are a bit more sensitive..maybe because I'm looking for it, hah
Thick, creamy CM? anyone else have this?
Very tired
Have NOT broken out like usual. Hmm.
Temps are still high
Emotional..I cried at the end of a TV show about adoption..and I NEVER cry.

Hoping I'm not making this up in my head!
Chart- http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b0d62

I think I will test in the next few days..
Wow your chart looks awesome! I got a really good feeling in my stomach when you were talking about your symptoms! And according to my fertility section of my nursing classes 6dpo is technically the perfect timing for implantation! Of course not all women/all cycles are like that, but it's "prime time" for catching the egg. :-) Good luck! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about your *BFP* :-)

Hope everyone else is doing well. I love checking in on everyone! We've been much more vocal the last month or so than in previous months. Love it! Let's keep it going!! :-) p.s. STILLLLLL bleeding today... brownish AF has turned back to red.... *sigh* but I go to my GP tomorrow and will be printing out my charts to bring with me. FX for me!!! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#427 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 05:29 AM

Erica- I feel you babe, i bleed for 14 months straight from about 4 months PP with DS #1(I was Breastfeeding too), so incredibly frustrating especially when TTC. My Drs were useless!! It eventually stopped but up until the month before I conceived DS #2 i would still occasionally spot mid cycle.

AFM- My lord it is awesome to have DH home!! He has just gone out to get a dvd and asian takeout (Its friday night and the end of a looong week) while I sit here sipping on a glass of wine!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#428 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Ok ladies, I need some help with my chart. I don't understand why FF won't give me crosshairs (see sweetmama, I told you we'd be in the same boat ). I have had 3 elevated temps in a row. I did have a positive OPK wednesday and thursday, but I removed those from the chart just to see if I would get crosshairs based on temps alone, but still nothing. As I mentioned before, I had an almost positive OPK tuesday. Just for kicks, I plugged in a positive for that day to see what would happen, and if I record a positive OPK on tuesday, I'd have crosshairs and be 3DPO today. Does anyone have any idea what's up? Here's a link to my chart (and for now, the positive OPKs wednesday and thursday are removed):

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae0eb

ETA I think I'm going to manually override FF and insert O at CD19. I entered dummy high temps all the way up to march 2 and still got no crosshairs! That makes no sense!!!

#429 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM

lawmama~Have you tried taking out that high temp on CD4? Honestly, I don't think you've O'd yet, that's why you have no crosshairs...but, that's just my opinion.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#430 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
lawmama~Have you tried taking out that high temp on CD4? Honestly, I don't think you've O'd yet, that's why you have no crosshairs...but, that's just my opinion.
I will try that, MrsD thanks! why do you say you think I haven't Od? I'm just curious b/c I'm really confused this cycle myself with the positive OPKs when I had them, but these three high temps the past few days.

#431 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Bumminbeachbabe- If you are fine with going to another doctor, I definitely would. No doctor should leave you feeling that way!!

ttcNumberOne- Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the next cycle.

Sweetmama- FF didn’t give me mine until I was at least 4dpo..hopefully yours will come up soon!

EricaRN- Thank you so much for the encouragement and the expert advice! . I felt better after reading it.

Lawmama- I would give it a few more days and see what happens. FF didn’t detect my ovulation for a while too! I would still BD every other day just to make sure though! Good luck.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

#432 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Oh yea...one more thing.

I'm pretty sure I got a BFP this morning!!

TEST:
http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=6157

CHART:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b0d62

I woke up around 6am to take my temp and had to pee really bad. I figured, why not just POAS? (9dpo) So I did and it totally looked negative a minute or two into it. I wasn't surprised, so I went about brushing my teeth and then took one last look..and I saw a very faint line! I wasn't too sure so I stared at it for at least 5 minutes..turning around then turning back to look at it to see what I thought..again and again. I woke up my DH to make sure I wasn't going crazy and he saw it too! I took pics and uploaded it. Check it out and let me know what you think.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif

#433 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the advice, naturelady! I was really hoping I Od early (although the early positive OPKs were nice) b/c DH is out of town until Sunday we BD tuesday and wednesday, so I'm hoping that was enough, but I know if I O too much later on in the week, our chance goes down

Also, yay for a possible BFP! I couldn't get your link to work though. Can you double check it?

ETA I got the working link in obsess and test! I voted...that is a total BFP! . Then I clicked on your chart and saw the frequency of your BD...you amaze me! Seriously, that is a lot of BD! I have BD 4 times this cycle! FML lol You and your DH rock!!!

#434 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:55 PM

So, today was the "big day" for me to finally get to test. I woke up around 6:30am, desperate to go to the bathroom after holding it all night. I got out the little dollar tree test, put the drops in, and watched the pink dye slowly move along the test strip. Waiting, waiting, waiting...I see the control line darken. Waiting some more, then, gradually, what's this I see? Two lines!? Yes! It's really a BFP! I quietly tiptoed out of the bathroom so as not to wake DH, got the camera and snapped a pic, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming!

Here it is...you can see it for yourself!
http://i46.tinypic.com/fvlr91.jpg

This is from an hour later when it was dry...
http://i47.tinypic.com/xmmpgl.jpg

FF says according to my O date, my due date would be 11/04/10. So, let's pray this baby sticks!

DH was so sweet this morning. He's going to need some time to get used to the idea (but then, so am I!) But he already was teasing me this morning when getting breakfast ready saying, "How many eggs would the TWO of you like today?" And before he left for work he sat me down on the couch and prayed for us all, that the pregnancy would go smoothly and that we would be healthy and know how to be good parents. That made me cry happy tears!

So, I guess it's been a pretty good month for BFP's, huh? Congrats to you, too naturelady! I wasn't able to see the pic for some reason, but I'm hopeful for you!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#435 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 12:55 PM

lawmama- I'm hoping that your timing was right on! It's not over till AF shows.

I edited the link above . Can you see it now?

#436 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM

Yup, that fixed it, naturelady! And yes, I can see a line, ever so faintly! You're only at 9 DPO, so I bet in a few days you'll get a nice dark line!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#437 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 PM

Lawmama~I said I didn't think you O'd because your "post O" temps aren't higher than your pre-O temps. An OPK can detect the surge, but your body may only gear up for O (releasing the LH) then not O until later, or not O at all. For FF to detect Ovulation, you need 3 or more temps that are higher than previous temps, with an obvious temp shift on O day. When I look at your chart, I don't see a positive temp shift, because of CDs 2, 15 and 17s high temps. If there were only 1 or two scattered high temps, I'd agree that you O'd. Do you temp orally or vaginally? Your temps seem jumpy anyway. Are you temping at the same time every morning?

#438 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I saw it naturelady! Edited my original post!

Congrats lemoncello! That is one big, beautiful positive!

AFM, I just got ANOTHER positive OPK with second morning urine. Wtf? 3 days straight?!?! Something is mighty fishy around here...I may just start POAS next weekend and see what happens lol

#439 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 PM

Yay! Congrats to all the BFP's, see you over on the DDC! What a month for BFPs!!!!
#440 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
Lawmama~I said I didn't think you O'd because your "post O" temps aren't higher than your pre-O temps. An OPK can detect the surge, but your body may only gear up for O (releasing the LH) then not O until later, or not O at all. For FF to detect Ovulation, you need 3 or more temps that are higher than previous temps, with an obvious temp shift on O day. When I look at your chart, I don't see a positive temp shift, because of CDs 2, 15 and 17s high temps. If there were only 1 or two scattered high temps, I'd agree that you O'd. Do you temp orally or vaginally? Your temps seem jumpy anyway. Are you temping at the same time every morning?
Thanks for explaining that to me MrsD! That makes a lot of sense. I temp orally and at the same time each morning (except once this cycle I think and I noted it on chart). I think the temp on CD2 is alcohol related and the ones on 15 and 17 were related to waking up off and on through the night with DS who had a cough around that time. I have been "dry" since Monday the 15th....maybe this just won't be our cycle I didn't think it would be, and then I got that darn positive OPK and had hope. Ah well, I can go back to accepting that it's probably not our cycle

#441 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM

Congrats to those with BFP.

Lawmama we can be buddies since I'm positive we missed our chance this month too.

Lynn~mama to Bug(6) and TTC#2
Auntie to LeeLee(3 months)
#442 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Thanks Lynn! (I'm Melek btw ) I could use a buddy right about now!

#443 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Lemoncello-

Congrats on your BFP! Your test are nice and dark!

This is so exciting!! Today is the best day of my life. Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm pregnant. Even looks weird to type! Hope it sticks!

So many BFP's this month. This is great.

For those who haven't gotten their BFP's yet..I'll be thinking of you! Best of luck ladies.

#444 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM

lawmama~You might want to switch to vaginally temping to get more consistent temps. I switched last cycle and I like the change I saw, when I was temping.
My chart link is my homepage if you want to look.

If you're sure that your temps are higher for those reasons, you could discard them to see if FF gives you CHs. And, I'd keep ALL the +OPKs on there too to see what it says.

GL!

#445 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats lemoncello and naturelady! I'll be moving you to the BFP's if you're ok with that.

CD1 for me today.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#446 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Naturelady and lemoncello- YAY!!!

Bumminbeachbabe- *hugs* sorry hon, That sucks, lets hope the next cycle is yours!!

AFM- Just the usual waiting around on CD 9, cos DH got home on tuesday he is extremely randy and we have bd every night, I told him we need ti slow down otherwise we will burn out by next week when its baby-making time!!!
Im hoping to O earlier than my usual cd19, thanks to the accupuncture/herbs and maca, but we will see...

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#447 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM

MrsD, I had actually been considering switching to vaginal temps myself, so I am glad to hear you are doing well with them. It will just involve a little more maneuvering in my groggy state in the morning but that's OK I went ahead and discarded those high temps, and noted on cd17, I had a note that I overslept! And I remembered that I temped around 8 or 8:15 that day, so that probably needed to be discarded awhile ago! thanks again for all of your tips and advice! **** no crosshairs, but I think my chart is more accurate with those wonky temps discarded

#448 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
MrsD, I had actually been considering switching to vaginal temps myself, so I am glad to hear you are doing well with them. It will just involve a little more maneuvering in my groggy state in the morning but that's OK I went ahead and discarded those high temps, and noted on cd17, I had a note that I overslept! And I remembered that I temped around 8 or 8:15 that day, so that probably needed to be discarded awhile ago! thanks again for all of your tips and advice! **** no crosshairs, but I think my chart is more accurate with those wonky temps discarded
I switched to vaginal and my temps are much better than when I was temping orally.

EDD 1/14/2011
#449 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM

WOW,this is an amazing week for mdc BFP's!
congrats naturelady & lemoncello!!

afm..2 days till af is due..3 till my 29th birthday.
this 2ww has been looooong.. feeling hopeful, but ok if it doesn't work out.. i have spring fever and lots to keep me busy..
i am however feeling nesty and having to pee a lot...so those could possible be symptoms i really need to start charting!

bumminbeachbabe, sorry af got you.

eta, you can add me to ttc #4

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#450 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Mamafern, I put your age in as 29.

EDD 1/14/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page