**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so frustrated with temping and FF. I want to kick myself for not temping vaginally this cycle. I'm a mouthbreather at night and my temp usually reflects whatever temp it is in the house. On another note my OPKs are fading back out, I'm almost positived O'ed on cd 16.

Sorry the ole hag showed up for you BeachBabe.

Lynn~mama to Bug(6) and TTC#2
Auntie to LeeLee(3 months)
#452 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM

Lemoncello - I KNEW it! Your chart looked too good for too long...

bummin - I'm sorry AF found you.

I had to override FF the other day... they tried to tell me I O'd on CD11, but there's no way that happened. Got a + OPK on CD12. I was sick and had a fever on CD12-13, so my temps were totally inaccurate. But my temp rose on CD14 like it has for the past two cycles, so I'm guessing (praying? hoping?) that getting sick didn't affect my Oing. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TheDivineMrsM

If I O'd, this will be the fifth time we timed BD well around O. Both DH and I have been checked out and passed with flying colors. Please oh please oh please, I want this to be the month. Please.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#453 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Ugh I don't know what's going on with my damn chart I want to cry I'm obsessing I know but I need a really good cycle this cycle and I need to not be on my period when I get my IUS out.

Congrats to Lemoncello and Naturelady on your BFPs hopefully I get one soonish in my first cycle of BD to really concieve.

Here's my chart if anyone wants to look again http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/sweetmama261

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#454 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 PM

TheDivineMrsM: Your bding looks good. and fx for you.

SweetMama: Do you temp vaginally or orally?

Mamafern:

#455 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesnDazzles View Post
TheDivineMrsM: Your bding looks good. and fx for you.

SweetMama: Do you temp vaginally or orally?

Mamafern:
I temp orally I'm so sad about this ff thing. I feel broken

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#456 of 472 Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
I temp orally I'm so sad about this ff thing. I feel broken
Temping orally can prove to be very unreliable for some women (especially if you mouth breathe or dont normally and get sick or if you have a drink before temping or try talking or one of millions of things that can change the exact temperature of your mouth)

Moving from Oral to Vaginal temping changed my charts from questionable to extremely reliable.

Also... if you use the pink Walgreens thermometer you may find leaving it in an extra 3 minutes after it beeps gives you much more stable looking chart.

-Otherwise, looking at your chart doesn't look like anythings wrong other than one sudden dip... were you sick those days? Stuffy nose or whatnot? I would not worry about it at all though, outside of the dip your chart looks great.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#457 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 AM

Sweetmama. Maeryn beat me to it. I bet if you try vaginally your chart won't look so confusing.

#458 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Temping orally can prove to be very unreliable for some women (especially if you mouth breathe or dont normally and get sick or if you have a drink before temping or try talking or one of millions of things that can change the exact temperature of your mouth)

Moving from Oral to Vaginal temping changed my charts from questionable to extremely reliable.

Also... if you use the pink Walgreens thermometer you may find leaving it in an extra 3 minutes after it beeps gives you much more stable looking chart.

-Otherwise, looking at your chart doesn't look like anythings wrong other than one sudden dip... were you sick those days? Stuffy nose or whatnot? I would not worry about it at all though, outside of the dip your chart looks great.

I have the pink lifebrand thermometer. We only have shoppers here not walgreens. I'll try vaginal next chart. As for the sudden dip its because I was up and down all night.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#459 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 AM

So do you use the same type of thermometer to temp vaginally and how far do you insert it?

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#460 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Naturelady- I TOLD YOU!!! :-) YAYYYYYY Congrats on your BFP!!!

Lemencello- CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting to test really paid off! You have a dark line and there's no question!!! :-)

Jasmine- I was just going to ask the same thing. I temp orally & I'm a mouth breather... Had no idea it would affect my temps!! I mean, I guess it makes sense and I should've known but.... darn! Well, I'll start temping vaginally. How do you temp vaginally? how far in? Any tips? I'm clueless.... and a little intimidated... lol. Do you just spread eagle in the air to get it in? haha sorry for the mental image that brings up. haha. Any advice is appreciated!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#461 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post
So do you use the same type of thermometer to temp vaginally and how far do you insert it?
yes... and you just put it in until its comfortable... so it doesn't feel like its falling out but you will tell when its in too far as well.

And dont worry about having to close your legs around it tightly or anything... we are pretty much vacuum sealed down there so your muscles will close around it anyway.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#462 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 03:50 PM

Ok, I need some advice on OPKs ladies. I've learned that you can get a positive reading, then a negative, then a positive, etc. But I have gotten 4 positive OPKs the last 4 days. The first 3 were with SMU and within the same hour or so timeframe and today's was third morning urine and later (but still before noon). Is this normal? I have dashed crosshairs on my chart b/c of the positive OPKs on CD 20-22 (haven't enter today's), but other fertility signs that would lead to an interpretation of an O on CD19. I'm still not positive I have Od already, but my temps have been up since CD19, so I'm just a little confused

FWIW, they are Answer brand, I opened them 2/8, and I am very careful about storage (I open them, take one out, and immediately recap the container)

ETA also as far as temping goes, I had a question. I am going out of town monday through wednesday next week, and will be going to a different time zone (central to eastern). I will only have to temp in the different time zone tuesday and wednesday, but I was wondering if I should temp at the usual time (6:30 am) eastern time or central (so 7:30 am eastern)?

#463 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

Congratulations, mamas!!!

Ugh, we've all gotten sick this week, plus I was trying to make DH's 30th birthday still happen, and I failed to call my insurance to change my medical group... now it's probably too late and I wonder if I'll have to wait a whole month for it to take effect, since it will be March 1st on Monday. ARG! I totally forgot until I was so sick I couldn't function. I'm just hoping at this point that DH and I will be able to DTD a few times this cycle... I'm watching my CM and it's getting closer and closer, I don't know if a cold would affect it... I figured being sick might delay O'ing but the CM is progressing. I've decided I'm picking up some progesterone cream, found that my HFS carries it, and I'll just take care of it myself. After the repeated insurance and doctor debacles we've been through, DH and I are very ready to just avoid the system as much as possible.

And he just popped in to check on me (getting a VERY rare day in bed, as I am the sickest today and I've been getting up with DD at 4-5am for weeks and going to work) and he's totally down for some BDing! Good to know my stuffy nose is not that off-putting. We've been joking about the Friends episode... we've got some vaporub in some places

I'm really hoping to have at least a longer LP this time around. Then I'll be able to relax and just wait for a BFP. And a Christmastime baby would be lovely, but so would a new year's or a february (the month about HALF of both our families have birthdays). Although at this rate, I won't know if I've got a pretty sticky babe until well through this semester... I had really wanted to be able to give notice but I'm not confident doing that just in case we have trouble getting pregnant and DH has trouble finding work. It'll just be a nice surprise when I do get to tell people... and they should have plenty of time to hire a new teacher still.
#464 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM

I'm so ready for this cycle to be over so that I can start again and learn from the mistakes that I made this month. I haven't been sleeping well lately so I haven't been temping. I switch FF to go by my OPKs and it give me and O date of cd16, I'm pretty sure that it happened either late cd15 or cd16. I'm going to try to wait for AF to be late before I test (luckily I have to wait for payday with is after AF is due before I can by a test). I've been having a bunch of symptoms already that I might go nuts before then.

Lawmama I think you can temp at them same time, I'm not positive though.

#465 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 PM

Quick question how many days into a 28 day cycle are you supposed to get AF?

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#466 of 472 Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
Quick question how many days into a 28 day cycle are you supposed to get AF?
the 29th day since the first day of the last period

#467 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
the 29th day since the first day of the last period

#468 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 AM

Uh Duh that should have been obvious for me, forgive my stupid question lol

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#469 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
Ok, I need some advice on OPKs ladies. I've learned that you can get a positive reading, then a negative, then a positive, etc. But I have gotten 4 positive OPKs the last 4 days. The first 3 were with SMU and within the same hour or so timeframe and today's was third morning urine and later (but still before noon). Is this normal? I have dashed crosshairs on my chart b/c of the positive OPKs on CD 20-22 (haven't enter today's), but other fertility signs that would lead to an interpretation of an O on CD19. I'm still not positive I have Od already, but my temps have been up since CD19, so I'm just a little confused

FWIW, they are Answer brand, I opened them 2/8, and I am very careful about storage (I open them, take one out, and immediately recap the container)

ETA also as far as temping goes, I had a question. I am going out of town monday through wednesday next week, and will be going to a different time zone (central to eastern). I will only have to temp in the different time zone tuesday and wednesday, but I was wondering if I should temp at the usual time (6:30 am) eastern time or central (so 7:30 am eastern)?
Hey Melek!!!!

I wanted to come back to check on you!!

I think you ovulated on CD 19. I don't know why you are getting so many darn positives...but your temps definitely show CD 19 to be O day!!

And temping...I think you could just temp at YOUR eastern regular time of 6:30 and be totally fine!

I really hope this is your cycle!!!

Hope you're doing well!! Hang in there!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#470 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Answer brand OPKs are special!

Many many brands if the line on the side of the test line (how part of it is dark and part isnt) is as dark as or darker than the control it is positive... HOWEVER for Answer brand, that has to be 50% or more of the width of the test line that is as dark as or darker than the control. Its frustrating... Ive been there... theres a whole small paragraph on poas.com about it

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#13

#471 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Hey Tara! Thanks for coming to check on me! I've been thinking of you! How are you doing?? Have you decided on a midwife for your HB? I have already been in touch with a couple just b/c I have some blood pressure issues that I want to make sure won't risk me out. I'm also hoping for a HB! I was also thinking I Od on CD19 but I had some really wonky temps this cycle so I wasn't positive. I overlayed my chart with last month's and I had an almost identical temp drop at 5dpo last month, so I'm not too hopeful but of course will keep hoping until I see AF How is it chasing DD1 around in early pregnancy? That is the only thing that worries me is getting super tired early on and still having to be up and about with DS

Maeryn, omg! I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me! I probably didn't have as many positives as I thought! Guess I should have checked on the site before getting these! Next month, I'll choose first response

#472 of 472 Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Started new thread here.

I wanted to get it up early because I won't be around until the afternoon tomorrow.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page