**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 472 Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's what swayed my vote. I too dislike the Mannings, as do DH, the hubs, my mom, everyone. lol. I'm from San Diego too, born & raised. I will never leave!
#122 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyonthebeach83 View Post
That's what swayed my vote. I too dislike the Mannings, as do DH, the hubs, my mom, everyone. lol. I'm from San Diego too, born & raised. I will never leave!
haha. I just told DH that a couple of ppl on here said they hated the Mannings and his response was "Why? cuz they're awesome!?" haha. GOod game Saints. Definitely a deserved victory. The Colts defense played horribly tonight.

Anyway, Melek- thanks for the kind words. I still have a bit to go in my program. 4 semesters from the time I start clinicals. The earliest I would start is in August, then it's either January or August every semester after that... And the problem is once I start I can't stop or else I'd have to start over. They keep all students together in the program and you can't take any time off or go partime. So it's really like, if we get pregnant now then I will just postpone my start date and if I dont get pregnant in the next few months we're gonna have to tta for a few years until closer to graduation. I'll be happy and blessed either way!

Hope everyone's having a great end to their weekend. LOoking forward to reading everyone's Monday Check-ins tomorrow! :-)

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#123 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 AM

Poo the colts lost! oh well at least I got to eat nachos and play with my god children

I think I am going to start tracking my temps. Just in case.

Congratulations Beautyonthebeach!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#124 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 AM

Oops, i forgot the link to my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/kaz

not that its very exciting at 2dpo!!

I feel the calmest i have ever been in a cycle whatever the outcome!! I will probably start testing from 7dpo with my IC's although i would love to have the self control to wait until 10 dpo. My DH wont be home until 17 dpo and i really, really dont want to tell him over the phone, i have already thought that I would splurge on a digital test that spells out "pregnant'' and leave it on his pillow!!

Last preg with DS i made a card with 'suprise' on the outside and my positive test glued on the inside and got 3 year old DS to give it to him when he got home from work. Telling him over the phone doesnt seem as fun!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#125 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 10:21 AM

Monday Check-in
Name: Jo
Date: 2/8/10
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b49ed
Cycle day: CD7
Testing: Nope, not for a long while
Symptoms: AF was longer & heavier than normal, but is finally over. No symptoms to speak of.
Thoughts: Because of my long LP last cycle, FF is all confused and has indicated FIVE projected O dates. In past months, it's projected one, and been right or very close. So, the 5 dates is kind of annoying. On top of that, DH is really stressed over work, so not really in the mood to BD. This is the week, though!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#126 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM

Hi can I be added to this thread too?

Hi my fiance and I are starting to TTC starting February 22nd as I currently have an IUD and that's the day its being removed. I haven't yet started my chart so I'll have to give that later. I am Krys, I'm going to be 26 on April 30th and my fiance is Andy and he's 26. This is my fourth baby, 2 of which I gave up for adoption who are going to be 7 and 4 long story short I was not in the right place mentally or emotionally to keep my babies and wanted them to have the right life, 1 named Corbyn-Jaxxon or CJ for short who is 15.5 months old and this will be Andy's first baby. We're super excited to start this journey.

Monday Check-In:
Name:Sweetmama26
Date: February 8,2010
Chart: N/A as yet
Where are you in your cycle: I don't know
Appointments: February 22nd to have my IUD removed
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts: Scared and Anxious as I've never actively TTC my babies and don't know how my IUD will have affected my fertility.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#127 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Just a few q's would it be completely stupid to start charting now even though I have an IUD in? Just so I know where I am in my cycle? and what are some of the abbreviations you are using?

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#128 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Monday Check-in
Name: Rachel
Date: 2/8/10
Cycle day: ? Either CD27 or CD 1. My temp plummeted yesterday, so I'm at work waiting for to show up.
Testing: Sigh. Don't need to. I'm out. My OBGYN ordered an SA for DH, and while I'm not entirely clear why she wrote the script, he's got an appt on Friday morning.
Symptoms: n/a
Thoughts: I'm sad, didn't spend yesterday crying. Disappointed but not devestated. I'm not panicking anymore that it'll never happen for us. I still believe that it will; just not on the timeline I expected. I'm ok with that. (I guess I have to be, lol). I spent yesterday with my friends and my family, and they are better medicine than anything.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#129 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 AM

sweetmama~here is a list of the abbreviations that are common on TTC boards.
From what I understand, the Mirena doesn't stop ovulation, so I guess it would be fine to start temping now...but, if you wanted to wait until AF came, that would be fine too. Thing is, once the IUD is out, your cycles will probably change.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#130 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM

Monday Check-In
Name: Samantha
Date: 2/8/2010
Chart: Nothing special going on, I stopped temping for this month...
Where are you in your cycle: CD 33
Appointments: 2/23 for DH
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: not this cycle
Thoughts: just in a lot of pain from the tendonitis...

#131 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
sweetmama~here is a list of the abbreviations that are common on TTC boards.
From what I understand, the Mirena doesn't stop ovulation, so I guess it would be fine to start temping now...but, if you wanted to wait until AF came, that would be fine too. Thing is, once the IUD is out, your cycles will probably change.
Thank you for the Abbreviations, and thanks for the info, my cycles have always been wonky so I'm expecting that they will change when I have the Mirena removed. Hopefully I don't have to wait too too long, I'm so hoping for a girl this time, anyone got any good ideas to increase the girlie spermies in men? I mean any gender would be rad but I would love a lil girl.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#132 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name:Jennifer
Date: February 8,2010
Chart: N/A
Where are you in your cycle: CD 4
Appointments: none until after I get a +
Symptoms if they apply: tired
Testing: going to TRY and wait it out until 14 DPO
Thoughts: excited as this will pretty much be our first cycle to actually try

When saying what day you are in your cycle...do you count the day you start or the day after as your first day?
#133 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Jen D.~Count the first day of full blown AF as your first CD; that's CD 1.

#134 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Monday Check-In
Name: Jasmine
Date: 2/8/2010
Chart: Temping for the first time this month so I am just getting used to it.
Where are you in your cycle: CD 14
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: Nothing right now.
Thoughts: I have regular outbreaks of herpes and it happens to be in the outbreak mode at the moment so I am hoping things clear up before we miss fertile time....

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#135 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

There are 2 that I abbreviations that I couldn't find on the TTC terms list and they are IC and Fx what do they mean?

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#136 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 03:33 PM

IC~Internet Cheapies. Refering to cheap internet HPTs (Home Pregnancy Tests).
FX~Fingers Crossed!

#137 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM

LMAO thanks for telling me. Now I don't feel all confuzzled when I am reading them :S

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#138 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name: Aubree
Date: February 8, 2010
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b1da9
Where are you in your cycle: CD 13
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: EWCM
Testing: Nope
Thoughts: Forgot to temp Saturday (didn't think it was a biggie on CD 11), and yesterday and today I had elevated temps. But I have had EWCM, so I don't think I o'd yet. And yesterday I temped late, because DH let me sleep in (yay) at bit, which usually causes me to have higher temps. But FF thinks I may have. Hoping for a temp drop back down again (although my temps are sorta all over prior to ovulation). I'm only on cycle 4 PPAF, so I have no set pattern yet. But I think ovulating on day 11 is sorta early. Especially since I still have the EWCM. But we DTD enough that if I DID happen to have already ovulated, there were some swimmers around. We'll see!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#139 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Monday Check-In:
Name:Kristin
Chart: N/A ( I found out yesterday that the husbandit and I don't own a thermomenter...what?)
Where are you in your cycle: CD 8
Appointments: vet, dentist, psychiatrist
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: not yet!
Thoughts: Took the dog to the vet this morning and even though it was not baby related it bears mentioning because it is pouring down rain here right now. Excited about my dental appt (didn't think I would ever say that!). I hadn't been in years and the Doc said that dental issues can cause preterm birth, so I went and 3 fillings, a deep clean, and a temp crown later all I have left is getting my permanent crown tomorrow. Sigh of relief! I am also seeing my psychiatrist this week since I can no longer take my ADD meds (not good for pregnant women) and he likes for me to check in every so often.

I am mostly excited about tomorrow though because it marks 2 YEARS since I quit smoking! I am so happy to be smoke free and able to provide a safe and healthy place for a baby to grow!!!

So when should we start Bd-ing? day 10?

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#140 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Monday Check-In:
Name:Kristin
Chart: N/A ( I found out yesterday that the husbandit and I don't own a thermomenter...what?)
Where are you in your cycle: CD 8
Appointments: vet, dentist, psychiatrist
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: not yet!
Thoughts: Took the dog to the vet this morning and even though it was not baby related it bears mentioning because it is pouring down rain here right now. Excited about my dental appt (didn't think I would ever say that!). I hadn't been in years and the Doc said that dental issues can cause preterm birth, so I went and 3 fillings, a deep clean, and a temp crown later all I have left is getting my permanent crown tomorrow. Sigh of relief! I am also seeing my psychiatrist this week since I can no longer take my ADD meds (not good for pregnant women) and he likes for me to check in every so often.

I am mostly excited about tomorrow though because it marks 2 YEARS since I quit smoking! I am so happy to be smoke free and able to provide a safe and healthy place for a baby to grow!!!

So when should we start Bd-ing? day 10?
LOL you aren't the only one without a Thermometer, well I have one just not a BBT one lol. Going to buy one of those before the 22nd.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#141 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Anyone see this awesome website: http://www.pregnology.com

SOO COOL!!!

I put my stuff in and it gave me the day that I ovulated! Pretty nifty!! Might help you beginners too!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#142 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
Anyone see this awesome website: http://www.pregnology.com

SOO COOL!!!

I put my stuff in and it gave me the day that I ovulated! Pretty nifty!! Might help you beginners too!
or at least the day you may have ovulated.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#143 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:45 PM

Can anyone tell me how long my cycle has been this month, my last period was on the 21st of December. I'm confused now as to how long my cycle has been so far.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#144 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
Can anyone tell me how long my cycle has been this month, my last period was on the 21st of December. I'm confused now as to how long my cycle has been so far.
7 weeks today... (I know because I will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I ovulated on Dec 22nd...)

49 days.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#145 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Sweetmama26, I've added you to the list. I put you in at ttc #2, but if you'd like me to put you at #4 I can do that too.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#146 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
7 weeks today... (I know because I will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I ovulated on Dec 22nd...)

49 days.
Oh I think you misunderstood what I was trying to ask, I'm not pregnant, I have an IUD and since I had it put in I've had really weird periods, well actually that's nothing new, but I'm just wondering how long my cycle has been. Like how many days?

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#147 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Monday Check-In:
Name: Anjuli
Date: February 8
Chart: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bumminbeachbabe
Where are you in your cycle: cd15
Appointments: I have an appointment scheduled with a new ob for feb 25. Hopefully she'll have some great options to get my cycles more regular.
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts: We're going to keep going with TTC. I think once I get used to my new "normal" we'll be ok.

EDD 1/14/2011
#148 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
Sweetmama26, I've added you to the list. I put you in at ttc #2, but if you'd like me to put you at #4 I can do that too.
TTC#2 is fine, it doesn't matter to me.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#149 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh I think you misunderstood what I was trying to ask, I'm not pregnant, I have an IUD and since I had it put in I've had really weird periods, well actually that's nothing new, but I'm just wondering how long my cycle has been. Like how many days?
Maeryn was right. You should be about cd49.

EDD 1/14/2011
#150 of 472 Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
same answer.

pregnancy length is counted from LMP... since my LMP was 2 weeks to the day before I ovulated and I ovulated the day after your LMP... I can tell you with certainty it was 7 weeks ago today... or 49 days ago.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page