**TTC in our 20's FEBRUARY** - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

#181 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Good Luck Erica, all fingers and toes are crossed!

Christina, where in Texas are you moving? I love it here!
***** sigh***** WRONG AGAIN! (At least I think....)
I took an OPK this afternoon and it was negative... no big deal... but then an hour later I went to the bathroom and I was spotting. Well, LOTS of watery/EWCM with spots of brown blood in it. I swear I have NO IDEA what's going on with my cycle.. lol. I go from thinking I'm o'ing to starting AF?? lol. Anyway, if my LP was 14 days then that would put my O date right around where FF thought it was in the first place...
Here is my chart: I'm thinking that maybe my temps never got high and STAYED high because I have low progesterone?... I know this has been the case with both DD and DS in the beginning and I've had to take Progesterone supplements throughout my 1st tri with both. Anyone else agree? And maybe FF deleted my crosshairs because the temps weren't high, when really I did O when it first said I did.... but b/c my temps dropped it confused FF (MUCH LIKE MYSELF. lol)

Anyway, I'm just glad to have figured *something* out about these cycles... That would make my cycle this month around 34 days. (46 days last cycle so hey I'll take it! haha) I've only had 1 period since THanksgiving... that seems like AGES ago!!

Well, hope everyone is doing well. On another high note (much higher than my temps ;-) haha) I took a practice test for the test I have to take to get into nursing school (it's called the TEAS test) and I scored really well! I have been nervous because I haven't gotten as much studying in as I'd have liked but I was pleasantly surprised... Takes a BIT of the stress off. :-) Well, I gotta run to bed. HOpe everyone has a great night's sleep and a bright, sunny morning!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Do you have an IUD in right now? You wouldn't be ovulating, would you? IUDs are the BC I'm least familiar with.

Good luck!!! I'm thinking that it's nearly O time for me, too. Long cycles suck. for you!
Yes I have an IUD and yes I still ovulate just like every other hormonal birthcontrol you use, I'm on the Mirena so its actually called an IUS lol I don't know why but that's what they call it.

But I started my period today so by the time my doctor gets her flippin arse in gear to see me Hopefully I won't have to miss my cycle for April? Who knows I'm really frustrated that I have to miss trying for sure in March though.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#183 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Hello! Could you please add me?

My name is Rebecca. My husband and I just celebrated our 10-year anniversary! I am 28, on my second cycle of trying to conceive baby #4. We have a 9 year old girl, a 6 year old girl, and a 5 year old boy. I have not begun charting yet. I'm hoping I will get pregnant before I start any of that. I got pregnant with my first when I was on BCP, and was on the mini-pill for two months PP after her. We didn't use anything after that - breastfeeding did the job for two years! After #2 was born, we didn't use anything again, thinking that bf'ing would work again, nine months later - surprise! Our son was conceived. I got an IUD 6 weeks PP after him, and got it taken out a year ago. Since then, I was on the NuvaRing until after Christmas, when we officially decided to start trying. I really thought I was pregnant last month; I had nausea, sore boobs, fatigue, and was insanely patient and happy with my family (my husband thought something was wrong because I was so cheerful!), but I got my period 6 days late. :-( So we will try again this month.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and I think it is wonderful to have a place to get support!
#184 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Erica that is so frustrating, I am sending you hugs ! I have low progesterone (the last 21st day test I did had me at .4). My last cycle was 39 days and it turns out I didn't ovulate at all! It is possible you are not ovulating due to your low progesterone. I would get them to do a 21st day progesterone test on you.

Oh and sweetmama you don't ovulate on hormone birth control. The hormones fool your brain into thinking you have ovulated when, in fact, you have not. That's why it can be difficult to conceive right after going off of birth control (unless you have PCOS).

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#185 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Erica that is so frustrating, I am sending you hugs ! I have low progesterone (the last 21st day test I did had me at .4). My last cycle was 39 days and it turns out I didn't ovulate at all! It is possible you are not ovulating due to your low progesterone. I would get them to do a 21st day progesterone test on you.

Oh and sweetmama you don't ovulate on hormone birth control. The hormones fool your brain into thinking you have ovulated when, in fact, you have not. That's why it can be difficult to conceive right after going off of birth control (unless you have PCOS).
You have to ovulate in order to have a period, and yes on MIRENA you do ovulate. At least according to my OB/GYN

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#186 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 PM

You do not need to ovulate in order to have a period, if you're on hormonal birth control.

http://www.healthsquare.com/fgwh/wh1ch21.htm

But yes, I have read that the Mirena still allows you to ovulate and works in a different way to reduce pregnancy.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#187 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
You have to ovulate in order to have a period, and yes on MIRENA you do ovulate. At least according to my OB/GYN
You're correct- on Mirena, you do ovulate ( http://www.fitsugar.com/Mirena-Birth...5-Years-160241 ). On the Pill, you don't. They're both hormonal birth control, but work in different ways. The "period" on the Pill isn't actually a period, it's basically your body going through withdrawal from the hormones- no ovulation necessary. I can't speak to any other types of birth control.

I do know, for me, it took a few months for my body & hormones to adjust post-BCP.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#188 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Oh ok, I assumed you ovulated on all birthcontrol, my bad. I only assumed that because I got pregnant on birth control before. Sorry.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#189 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmommy3 View Post
Hello! Could you please add me?
I've added ya in!

UPDATED TO HERE

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#190 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM

All of the different types are so confusing! I am glad you have a Doctor helping you sweetmama, I just wish she didn't reschedule your appt. Is it worth finding a different gyno just for the removal of the mirena?

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#191 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM

I could probably have my GP do it but I'm also waiting on some test results I had in December, which she only has the results to, its super frustrating that I have to wait for her.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#192 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Hi All!

I am new here and wanted to join the thread. I just turned 27 in January and DH and I are ttc #1. This has been quite the cycle, never charted or anything before. We bought the CBFM and OPK's so having a normal 28 day cycle I thought it would be waay easy. Well, considering I'm CD17 and just got a pos OPK last night and Peak on my CBFM this am, I am totally confused lol. Hope we catch it, we BD CD14 and we will BD again tonight. Good luck to everyone too!

me 27 and dh 28, married 9-25-05, trying to make baby #1
#193 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Hi Ladies, Could you add me in?
I am new here, and TTC #3

Have been with my DH for 10 years and we have 2 boys aged 2 and 3.5. We really thought we were done done done, but last month we began to discuss #3 and we have now moved from discussion into action!

I am on CD 12, last month had a 27 day cycle, the month before a 29 and the month before a 28, so its never the same. We got pregnant within 5 months for our 1st and then I was breastfeeding without any signs of fertitlity returning and got pregnant with my 2nd. I am really hoping that it works quickly for us, as I would love to have 2nd babe before my little guy is 3. I am not charting or using OPK, but if it doesnt happen this month, I will try OPK next month.

Thanks Ladies , I am sooooooooooo happy to be here trying for #3
#194 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Welcome Lucky Mama and TTC#1!!!

Erica, sorry that it looks like AF is on her way... but good luck on your exam! My MIL is a nurse; it's such a great field!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#195 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Ok so now I'm nervous. I know I O'd late b/c I got positives on cd17 of a 28 day cycle. However, like I said above, I got a pos opk at around 11 last night and then peak this am on my cbfm. We couldnt BD last night and won't be able to until tonight sometime but I just did another opk and now it's negative. So, obviously I have prob already O'd and the last time we BD was like 4 nights ago. Do you think we still have a chance if we BD tonight? He's leaving for business tomorrow so that will be the only time we can. Thanks!!

#196 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcNumberOne View Post
Ok so now I'm nervous. I know I O'd late b/c I got positives on cd17 of a 28 day cycle. However, like I said above, I got a pos opk at around 11 last night and then peak this am on my cbfm. We couldnt BD last night and won't be able to until tonight sometime but I just did another opk and now it's negative. So, obviously I have prob already O'd and the last time we BD was like 4 nights ago. Do you think we still have a chance if we BD tonight? He's leaving for business tomorrow so that will be the only time we can. Thanks!!
From my understanding as long as you BD 2-4 days before you O you still have a chance of getting pregnant. Good luck

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#197 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quick reminder.... If you would like to be added it helps if you bold some of your info so I can see what I need easily. I'll make additions when I can get to my laptop.

I'll be back for some persies later!

EDD 1/14/2011
#198 of 472 Old 02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

Welcome, other newbies!

Well, I know I missed the Monday check in (new work schedule and DD napping again and staying up til 10pm!) but just checking in now... I think I probably O'd sometime around the 3rd, and we BD'd every other day that week, so we hopefully optimized our chances. I had one spotting of blood yesterday, which made me wonder-- implantation bleeding? Could be. I'm trying hard not to obsess, because I feel like we can learn of a pregnancy starting so early, but then it's so common for it not to stick. I actually have to go to the OB this Monday; I wanted to get a Rx for progesterone b/c I had low levels before (m/c and low at the start, to the point of bleeding a LOT, with DD). And I realized they might do a urine test, b/c they always do! So we'll see, could be just far along enough to register, but otherwise I'm just going to wait til like the midtwenties of the month to test. We'll just see. It's been SO nice not having to "worry" about getting pregnant, now that we're finally in the time frame where it's okay. We can enjoy that for a little bit
#199 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Welcome newbies! I hope your stay is short.

EDD 1/14/2011
#200 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM

FF gave me solid CH today. Not sure if I agree. I was actually thinking tomorrow seemed more likely. I don't 'chart' my cervix info, but I do note it occasionally. It's been high and soft the past few days, so I think O is wrong. We'll see though!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#201 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
Updated to here

Welcome newbies! I hope your stay is short.
Thanks! Me too. Well, almost positive I o'd yesterday so now I'm in the tww! 1DPO. Doubt this is my month (as it's my first ttc) but it was good practice lol.

If I o'd on cd17 and my cycle is normally 28 days, does that mean I'll have a short Luteal phase or that AF will come later then normal?

#202 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 02:35 PM

For me, If I O on say day 17 or 18, that means my period will come later than normal. I almost always O after day 16, last month it was on day 13,and I got my period on day 27.

I am CD13 right now, no O yet, but I am not charting so I will be having an educated guess as to when I O this month.
#203 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 04:42 PM

I know the month is half over, but can you add me, please?

Hi, everyone! I'm pretty new to MDC, but I've been lurking around for a while and decided it was time to join one of these TTC threads! A little about me, then I'll fill in the little blanks below! I'm 28 and stay home full time with 3 cats and a collie...my furbabies! DH and I have been happily married for 5 1/2 years, and I took BCPs for 4 years because I was working full-time and we weren't ready to think about starting a family. I've been off them for over a year and have pretty regular periods, but DH was still not willing to TTC until just last month. (He's still not thrilled with the idea, but he is willing because he loves me so much! And he's finally realizing he probably won't ever be "ready" until it just happens!)
Anyway, this is my first time charting, so I'm still learning. But I figure this is as good a place as any to gain knowledge and support.

Name: LemonCello
Date: 2/12/10
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/lemoncello
Where are you in your cycle: CD 14
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: n/a
Thoughts: Since this is my first chart ever, I'm a little uncertain about everything. I'm hoping that today is my ovulation day so that we have one more chance to BD... DH got a bad head cold on Tuesday, so he has really not be up to it this week. But I keep reminding myself that we're just getting started and not to stress about it.

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#204 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Has anyone heard from Tara lately?? I am anxiously awaiting her results this month!

#205 of 472 Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Nintendork-- we are moving to Plano! Right beside you! Hope everyone is having a lovely week!

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
#206 of 472 Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalynsMama View Post
Nintendork-- we are moving to Plano! Right beside you! Hope everyone is having a lovely week!
Did I miss something? Nintendork, I didn't see you say you were moving to Plano! That is where I am from....at least from 8th grade until college! My parents still live there

#207 of 472 Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalynsMama View Post
I live just west of Frisco...Plano is one of the bordering towns to me!!! Glad to have you!
#208 of 472 Old 02-13-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Whoops, I just noticed that I did do the updates for today but never posted that I did. Sorry!

EDD 1/14/2011
#209 of 472 Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 AM

I am really excited! I got my crosshairs! So at least I know that I am ovulating and it looks like it will be plenty early in my cycle... I am pretty bummed that I got this yeast infection right during O time but there's always a chance I guess... so here's hoping!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#210 of 472 Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post
I am really excited! I got my crosshairs! So at least I know that I am ovulating and it looks like it will be plenty early in my cycle... I am pretty bummed that I got this yeast infection right during O time but there's always a chance I guess... so here's hoping!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page