Nursing Mamas TTC February - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 386 Old 02-21-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

MamaFern~ Thanks for the . i hope you get a + this cycle.

Tara2~ I'd try not to worry 10dpo is early

babygrey~ thanks for the I'd say your chart looks like you did O.

TeaJunkie~ on the bfn.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#302 of 386 Old 02-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tara: def. too early to worry!

teajunkie: thanks im not feeling discouraged, just not willing to put my heart into it too much since i was so heartbroken last month. im feeling pretty hopeful actually..

on the testing, i woke up feeling queezy and hungry (after a big dinner party here no less) at 4 am. then this morning i had a few twingey cramps. first sign of anything this cycle, other than heaps of ewcm around 0. if i had a drawer full of tests i might have poas. i live in canada where tests are not cheap and my small town is even more expensive. im not poas at all, unless im like 10 days late..and maybe not even then. we shall see..

babygrey: thanks for the birthday wishes..it really would be the best gift ever!

thank you so much for sharing the meditation littlebearsmama, it sounds wonderful. we are going for a beach picknic later today with my family and i plan to take a while alone by the water and do this. on a similar note i have set up a little baby welcoming altar in our room.. and pick a mother card and angel card everyday to focus my energy on the positive aspects of wanting a baby...and bringing new life into the world..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#303 of 386 Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM

Hi! Not sure if I am posting this in the right thread.but was thinking someone might be able to give me some advice. My son is almost 14 months old and he still nurses quite a bit. I got AF back when he was about 6 months old.
I have been charting CM and temps and my cycle is about 40 days long, but my LP is only 10 days it seems. From what I read that seems kind of borderline. Anyone have any suggestions.. about how to lengthen it..or do you think I *should* try to? Or is 10 days ok?..

I haven't been able to conceive but I am quite certain I am ovulating, there is an obvious thermal shift and it stays up until I get AF.

Thanks! I really appreciate any info or advice! Or if I should be posting this question somewhere else?
#304 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM

That spirit baby looks interesting. My body isn't doing anything to make ttc possible so maybe starting spiritually would help?!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#305 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 12:43 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Congrats Jen/James!

AFM: AF showd up on Sat. Please move me back to waiting to O I get more upset with every month that goes by and no bfp. This will be out 9th month. I am hoping the fertilaid and maca that DH is taking will help. His sperm analysis last month showed all kinds of problems.

Macypickle, I don't think that 10 days is too bad, but it probably wouldn't hurt to work on getting it a bit longer - you will see some people around here with much shorter LPs than that. I think that some people have had success in lengthening their LPs by taking Maca. MY DH is taking it now for sperm problems.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#306 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Macypickle -- you might want to try B6 as well, I take 100mg for a short LP, but if it's still short this cycle I'll bump to 150mg. It can lower your milk supply though byt suppressing prolactin, I haven't had an issue with it and haven't TTCd with a baby under 12 months before (or had a period for that matter).

rcr -- I'm sorry AF showed. Hopefully the maca will help your DH. How much is he taking? I started taking it too, I hope my cycles are more regular. I'm on cd18 and am still getting BFPs from the mc and am still spotting off and on, argh. I just need it to stop for the sake of my mental health.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#307 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM

jen&james - Congratulations!!!

rcr - I'm sorry AF showed. Hopefully the maca will help.

macypickle - I agree that a 10-day LP is not so bad while BFing, but it wouldn't hurt to try to make it longer. Maca, B6, or vitex might be helpful things to try.

I'm nervous today because my cervix actually dropped and got firmer, my CF is stickier and less abundant, and my temp went up a bit (it only went up to about my coverline, but it's 0.4 degrees above where I'd been hovering for a few days). I noticed that it felt like DD was getting "toothy" with her nursing on Friday and Saturday, too, so maybe that was the nipple tenderness before O? Any one of those things on their own wouldn't make me flinch, but all together, I'm nervous that I might have ovulated. I never got a positive OPK and DH was busy with work all weekend and much of the last week so I didn't push things. If I did ovulate yesterday, then I'd have to hope that BD 6 days before O would get the job done, and that's not very likely (is it even possible? LOL). All that being said, I probably didn't ovulate, but the possibility makes me nervous.

Also, I was hungrier than all get-out yesterday. Not starving, but just never feeling satiated. Does that happen to anyone when they ovulate? Sigh, I need to just relax and see what my temps do. Hopefully, even if I ovulated and missed it, it's the start of my body getting back on track and I'll get another chance soon.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#308 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 PM

zwittiron --i notice that too! I am soooo hungry around ovulation and craving things (more so even then during pms i think). Last night i ordered a ton of vietnamese food and then ate a bunch of girl scout cookies LOL ...low and behold this morning i have ewcm and twingy o pain. Can't wait for dh to get home tonight

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#309 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 03:23 PM

Please move me to waiting to O I started brown spotting yesterday at 14dpo then when I woke this morning it was bright red and I have cramping. I took another test with FMU and the line was so light it was barely there. It must have been a chemical pregnancy. I was slightly concerned since the test on 12dpo was light, it was a bit darker on 13dpo but no where 1/2 the color and I just felt maybe there was somthing wrong since I always had much darker lines on FRER by 13dpo. Anyway, on to next month. I am going to focus on losing more weight and getting in better shape and maybe next month we will get lucky again. I think I will wait till AF is late next time to test so I don't have to know when this happens again

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#310 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Jen&james- I'm so sorry. I'd see what happens though, many women have bleeding in early pg and do have viable pg. The test cannot tell you how pregnant you are. Maybe you can get a blood test?

Socali and mamafern- thanks for the encouragement. I am 12dpo now. FF says 11.

zwitterion- don't know about around O but I am STARVING right now and I just drank a huge smoothie. What gives? I'd think I was pregnant or something. Except test this morning was a BFN. It was a test as early as 7 days after conception IC test too, so it must be accurate. I am around 11 or 12dpo now. Low back cramps since yesterday, and temp dropping. I am expecting AF today or tomorrow. Either way, though I am glad I O'd at last.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#311 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Hi everyone, sorry for no personals today. I've been reading and trying to keep up but today I'm just feeling pretty low.
I'm on CD86. Just got off the phone with my dr's office (the nurse) and the thyroid labs are back...they want to lower my dose, it seems levels are too high(wonder if the Maca is affecting that)
She asked if I was on any birth control and I said no, that we were TTC again.
She asked if I was still breastfeeding. I said yes. That I'd had 3 "normal" PP cycles and now this crazy one. I also told her that DD was nursing less now. DD is nightweaned and goes 7-10 hours at night without nursing. As well as only nursing 5-8 times a day because she is eating more solids now.
She said the first thing I needed to do was wean DD She said I shouldn't try to get pregnant until DD was weaned, that it increases chances of miscarriage.
I asked what we could do to get my cycle back on track, She said to :
1. come in for a pregnancy blood test
2. wean DD
3. try new dose of thyroid med for 6 weeks
THEN we could go from there

I don't want to wean DD with the hope that I might get pregnant! It took years to get pregnant with DD, what if it takes more than a year or 2? DH isn't sure he wants to TTC after 39 or 40. In that case, we only have a little less than 3 years
I understand that there is a slightly higher risk of miscarriage. I understand that I might lose some, or all of my milk. And if that happens, we'll deal with it then!
Am I wrong to feel this way? Is it wrong to TTC while breastfeeding?

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#312 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM

jen&james - I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

TXmom2 - Oh, goodness, I hear you on the long cycles (I think I'm on CD 96 today). I think that doctors have a lot of great things they can offer us, but when it comes to breastfeeding, they have a lot of ideas that just aren't correct. Would you get pregnant faster if you weaned? Quite possibly. Does that mean it's the best option for conception and for the family you already have? Not necessarily. For some families, it might be, but for yours, it sounds like the answer is probably no. I wish I had an answer or grand insight for you. Since I don't, I'll offer support and instead.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#313 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM

jen&james - I'm so sorry to hear that. Like Tara2, I hope that maybe it's just some crazy bleeding in a healthy pregnancy. Hugs to you however it turns out!

TXmom2 - Sorry you're having such a tough time right now. I would also be mad at the nurse for suggesting you wean if you want to get pregnant. Just like you, I accept that my milk supply may drop or dry up when I get pregnant, but I don't want to wean before that because who knows how long I'll be trying! I hope that your cycles regulate and that it won't take you so long to get PG this time around!

rcr - I'm sorry AF showed up. I hope that this month will be your month.

Since I love looking at everyone else's chart, I thought I'd post a link to mine:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/17c0da

I'm still hopeful, but Friday seems so far away to test!! My past few cycles have been 26-28 days, so AF would be due any day today through Wednesday. Please remind me that waiting for DH to be home on Friday (to test) is the only polite thing to do.

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#314 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM

jen&james ~~ I'm so sorry. I might test again in a few days just to know either way, obviously bleeding is a worry but you never know.

Teajunkie ~~ Your chart is kind of awesome. How are you feeling? I think I'll be stalking your chart the next few days.

#315 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Thank you for all the advice!!

I did not know how much B6 to start with and I also didn't know it could affect my supply.
I have always had a bit of oversupply though so hopefully I will be ok.

I am going to try the B6 for now and see how that goes
#316 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 PM

finnegansmom - Stalk away! It is my first time temping since having DS and have to admit I love looking at my chart. I think it's pretty. As for how I'm feeling, I seem to have super-sense-of-smell lately. I got that with DS but I don't remember it this early. I also had to take a tums 2.5 hours after lunch because it felt like my very simple sandwich and soup were still in my throat. When my sister heard that she said "you're pregnant!" We'll find out by Friday!

macypickle - I second the Maca. I started taking it this cycle and I love love love it. I don't know if it will lengthen my LP, but I love all the other side effects.

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#317 of 386 Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 PM

hello mamas! I haven't been here in a while but ds is finally eating solids with a real vengeance now and this week I had cramps for the first time since he was born! AND my face broke out! all this tells me that some hormones are getting back in sync and maybe I will O soon - I am having my very first glimmer of hope for actually being pg this summer which is what DH and I are hoping for. Since I also have PCOS DH and I started South Beach Diet today, not sure about doing that and nursing but we did this before and were able to drop some weight, and within a few months I got AF and was PG - let's hope for a repeat!

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#318 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Hey all, Im waiting to catch the first post partum egg. I think I am ovulating! I always wondering what was first AF or Ov (had AF back at 6 weeks PP last time so never really waited like this).

Does anyone on here get ovulation pains?? I think thats what I am having, I never have had them before. It feels like strong cramps, almost like early labour contractions except constant. It does come and go in waves though, sometimes it lasts a few minutes, sometimes an hour....If it is Ov pains, should I try now? Or in a day or so? Not sure what the pain indicates (release of egg, etc)....

Thanks for the help
#319 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 11:25 AM

Logan - when I get ovulation pain, it's a very sharp, stabbing sort of pain about where an ovary is--not centered like cramping or contractions--that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to maybe half an hour. But that's just me; yours may be different. O pain can happen anywhere in the few days surrounding ovulation and isn't linked to any one event, from what I've read. Good luck!

Would you believe my thermometer died this morning?! Argh! My cervix is doing jumping jacks (up and down, up and down) and my CF seems sticky-ish but it is abundant and looks almost creamy, and I had a bit of EWCF last night, so I am confused as can be about whether I ovulated. I was really hoping for a temp to point me in the right direction this morning. Instead, I took it several times (I always take it at least twice to be sure, and they were so different this morning that I kept trying) and got anywhere from 96.89 to 97.61 before the screen started flickering, the beeping went off-key, and finally the screen just died. Boo. Hiss. I'm sure that any new thermometer I get will be off a bit from the old one, so I think I'll just have to wait for AF to show or not in the next week or two to figure out what happened. That is, unless my other signs make more sense. However, I'm really leaning toward no ovulation at this point.

#320 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 11:46 AM

Logan - are you nipples sore when nursing? My first and most obvious sign that my fertility was returning was really sore nipples, to the point I was convinced I had thrush. Randomly I started using OPKs and got a + so I did ovulate before my first AF, but my luteal phase was only 7 days. My nipples are always super sore around ovulation, only when nursing though.

If I do get O pains, they are short lived and twingey - not crampy or contracting at all.

#321 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

rcr~ on af showing up.

jen&james~ : hug on the chemical pregnancy.

TXmom2~ I wouldnt wean because the nurse told you to. I dont think its wrong to ttc while nursing .we've been ttc while nursing for almost 3yrs, my son is almost 4 and shows no signs of weaning anytime in the next few months either. he still nurses during the night.

FF says i'm 4dpo and ovusoft says 3dpo. i'm gonna believe ovusoft over FF.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#322 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM

So last night was our big night to dtd (ewcm wahoo) and we did but i do have a concern (i'll link it here because i thought maybe it should be it's own thread) feel free to comment if you have any thoughts on it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1198402

#323 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Please move me to Waiting to O I am out. AF just arrived. I am both relieved that my cycles have resumed and sad at the same time. At least next time we try it should be easier to keep track!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#324 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Tara2~ on af.

hollytheteacher~ i replied to your thread

#325 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
Updated List To Here

Tara2~ on af.

hollytheteacher~ i replied to your thread

thanks! and can you put me in the two week waitwhen u get a chance? Thanks...i'm gonna keep my fingers really really crossed...we had a great cycle with good timing (i think) of dtd so here's hoping!!!!!

#326 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 PM

for everyone who AF found.

jen&james, I'm so sorry about the chemical. How disappointing.

for everyone in the TWW!

Holly, I'm sorry you are going through that--I don't know about the Nuvaring, but is it a hormonal form of BC? If so, maybe your hormones are just readjusting to being off of it, and things will normalize soon?

AFM, CD 11 and still just hanging out, waiting to O. I hate planning everything around my possible O date. I scheduled a trip and then realized that it was during my fertile time, so I rescheduled it due to a "work conflict." I'm not willing to skip a whole month trying! You'd think I would have learned, but then I scheduled a pap for that same week--and called back later to reschedule.... Anyway, the pap is now during the tww--that should be fine, right? I'm really going to feel like an idiot if I have to reschedule again.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#327 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM

jen&james, I'm so sorry to hear. I don't know if you confirmed your loss, but I do want to tell you I bled A LOT very early in pg with my DD and I was sure (as was my MW) that I was m/c'ing at 5 wks. Hugs and peace to you however it turns out for you.

Yuba- I TOTALLY hear you on the travel thing! I'm leaving town without DH (ack! traveling with infant all by myself! overwhelming!) and the first thing on my mind was "oh, gosh, what if I O when I'm gone??" In my case, I can't reschedule, and, since my cycles are unpredictable, I wouldn't know WHEN to reschedule for
FWIU, a pap in the 2ww is just fine, as long as you can handle that you might spot after. (In above mentioned DD's case, I postponed a pap in early pg b/c I just couldn't handle seeing anymore bleeding, even if I knew it wasn't anything!)'

tara2, sorry AF found you, but hooray for having your cycle back!

AFM, ack! I'm confused. I thought I understood charting and what I was looking for with O, but maybe not? I posted on the main board a few days ago (so, sorry to double-ask anyone who helped before) and the consensus was that I didn't O, but I swear it looks like a thermal shift to me... Socal, you mentioned you thought so, too?

Honestly, I'm super-suspicious of a CD12 O, but I see a thermal shift when I look at my chart and I'm really just hoping to understand how my chart is different from a true thermal shift. Can someone help me understand why my chart does NOT look like ovulation so I'll know what to look for? Or is it the lack of CM that makes it seem like I didn't O? b/c that might be my interpretation.. I'm kind of, um, lacking in the CM department and I debated on CD11&12 whether i had tiny blobs of EWCM. Also had light spotting on CD13 which makes me suspicious for O spotting...
I've chart-stalked and searched on FF for hours and I still see a thermal shift when I look at mine- is it just wishful thinking??

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c383d

sorry for everyone else I missed, NAK has turned into baby slapping at keyboard time...

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#328 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

babygrey~ I'd probably lean toward cd13 as O day esp with the spotting. i've heard you can have spotting on O day. I had it once it was more blood tinged ewcm. here the chart if you wanted to look. chart with spotting on O day

hollytheteacher~ i moved you to the 2ww.

Yuba_River~ maybe you'll have to re schedule the pap for a different reason like being pregnant

#329 of 386 Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the ladies.
I have no intention of weaning to TTC. I'm just frustrated that they don't seem to want to DO anything at all the help me unless I've weaned her
I did go in for my blood HCG test today, I'll call tomorrow and hopefully get the results (BFN I'm sure) so maybe they'll rx Prog. to jump start AF. I just hope they don't tell me to keep waiting. I know that it sometimes takes awhile for PP AF to return when breastfeeding.
My concern is that PP AF had already returned (and been fairly regular, at least with my 40+ day cycles) and now when baby is nursing less often, AF is no where to be seen

jen&james- so sorry. I'm still hoping all is well for you

Yuba- for you. FWIW, when I went in for my first OB appt. with DD, they did a pap...said it was perfectly safe while pregnant. Doesn't mean I wasn't worried, but....

babygrey- hang in there...things should get much clearer in the next few days

SoCal- either way,

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm still catching up from the last several days. LO has been sick and of course, I got it too. Just now all starting to feel better

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#330 of 386 Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Thanks for the input on the pap, everyone. If I O when I think I'm going to, I'll only be a few dpo, but I'm going to assume it will be fine, since having them once you know you're pregnant is fine. I did have one in the first trimester with DS, and I hated it because I did spot, but it was fine.

Babygrey, it's still possible that more days of temping could change the interpretation, but at this point, CD 12 looks right based on your temps. I find that CM isn't that reliable an indicator for me while I'm nursing.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page