Nursing Mamas TTC February - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wasn't sure if I should post, since I haven't been too good about posting or keeping up with the thread...but my name is still on the list and I know it always made me happy to see all the BFPs... soooooooooo

I got a BFP!!!!

We have been trying since July 09, and we are SO happy to see those two pink lines!

Even though I haven't posted very often, I have appreciated the support so much when I did post. I continue to hope for BFPs for everyone.
#122 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM

thanks for the warm welcomes!

jennabella: congrats!!
beautyonthebeach: eek. you must be freaking out right now..willing those tests to get darker & darker!
kingsdaughter:
xtara: thanks i think im going to have to romance him if i want to get anywhere in the making a baby department though..not that he isn't into playing, but he likes to play safe IYKWIM. im hopeful though! we have a few weeks anyways. im going to try to keep a straight head about it all. i was so heartbroken this month when af arrived..aren't we all

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#123 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Welcome MamaFern & TeaJunkie

jennabella~ Congrats

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#124 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 PM

#125 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Oh my goodness!! Early & Happy CONGRATULATIONS to zensven42, jenabella & beautyonthe beach!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#126 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Wow, I've been gone for just a few days and look at all the BFPs! Congrats!!

What a crazy time it's been in the zwitterion household. We've all had a nasty cold (that a week and a half later is still sticking around), and on top of that, we're all getting over the stomach flu. Yuck! So my temps for the last week or so are not so reliable, IMO. Oh, and then joy of joys, it looks like I have a yeast infection. Really, at this point, the only reliable fertility indicators I have are my OPKs and CP, which say the same thing they have for ages--no pos OPK (and with the stomach flu, I'm expecting it will be at least a week at best before I ovulate, but really, with how it's been going, it could be months), but fertile CP. Sigh. At least it's been forcing me to take a step back, which has been good for my sanity.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#127 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM

BFPs!! So many congrats and blessings to you!

Yuba_River, fx for your tww

zwitterion, hope you get to feeling better soon. We recently fought the household illness that never ends and it sure is no fun.

AFM
, I woke up this morning pretty pleased that my temp had jumped a huge spike. I thought maybe what you all were saying about yesterday's nipple pain being O was right. FF even put my crosshairs back.

Then I got out of bed and, well, I'm calling it this month. This is more than just heavy spotting. found me... at least I think? It is really weird, it is very, very light AF- which is VERY abnormal for me. Barely enough to fill a liner in a few hours. But I've been having progressively heavier spotting for the past five days. That's gotta be AF, right??? My first ppaf was a completely normal af with no spotting before, so this is kinda bizarre for me.

Anyone have weird periods or weird spotting with Vitex? It is probably just my pp hormones getting back to normal, but this is also my first cycle on Vitex...

Anyway, I'm calling CD1. I'd say move me to waiting to O, but I'm already there.

On the upside, from what I can research, the chance of being ovulatory after two ppaf's is pretty good. So, onward and upward.

On the downside (pardon me while I'm bummed for a sec), I *really* wanted a Sept/Oct baby. sigh. and, the wait to O looks long with my forever long cycles...

We've talked it over as a fam and, depending on when I O, I think we're skipping ttc in March/early April. DS's bday is literally xmas. It is one of his favorite things about himself- having a holiday bd. and, it is tight on our budget and schedule to add a bday to all the holidays (we do solstice as our immediate fam, then xmas with extended fam).... a lot of other reasons, too, honestly, but another December baby just doesn't feel right for us.

Okay. Onto this month.
No pressure. Fx for me that this will be my cycle.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#128 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM

Hi ladies!! Congrats on the BFP's!!!

I'm not sure if any of you will remember me, but I posted a few times while I was "waiting to be ready" to TTC. We didn't want to start TTC until January so my DC#2 and #3 would be 2.5 years apart at the earliest. My first two are less than 2 years apart and we didn't want to do that again! Which was a good thing, because I didn't get my cycles back until my DS was almost 16 months.

He's almost 22 months now, and I know some of you ladies can understand my frustration. I got my cycles 6 months ago and they've been very regular- I've always ovulated about CD20. Well, this cycle has been very wacky, which figures since we're actually TTC! I started doing OPK's and got almost positives on CD 24/25 (for me, I never get truly dark positives). All other signs point to ovulation around that time as well. I'm operating under the assumption that I did ovulate, and I started NPC.

However, there's a nagging voice that I didn't actually ovulate and I'm in the 2WW for nothing. It's a possibility, though, because I think DS has been nursing more lately because of teething his canines. Ugh!

It just figures that I had 6 months of perfectly regular cycles, even with tandem nursing my 22mo and 3.5yo (she doesn't nurse much), and then the cycle we TTC, everything goes crazy!

babygrey- I'm sorry AF found you. I'm also considering waiting to TTC until April if I'm not pregnant this cycle. It's tough to skip a cycle, though, because my cycles are also long.

zensven- OMG! Congrats!!

Zwitterion-Wow, that's a lot of sickness. Hope you all feel better soon. My DS, who is just a little older than your DD, was up all night last night throwing up. Amazingly, he already seems better, so it was a short-lived bug.

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#129 of 386 Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 PM

WOW! so many BFPs this month. Congrats to all the BFPs. I hope this is a snapshot of what's to come and we end up with many more.

I got a Pos OPK this morning so i should O tomorrow. You can move me to 2ww tomorrow. I hope this is it this month

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#130 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM

AF arrived today

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#131 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 02:03 PM

junipervt - So Sorry about AF! *HUGS*!!

-----------------
AFM: 10 dpo and I am having a crappy morning, I just feel NOTHING that would make me think I might be preggo! I had some slight tenderness in my boobs this morning- but I am still nursing Madilynn- so it did not make me feel like it was a pregnancy sign. Plus I learned from last month to not trust any signs or symptoms cause I had a ton last month and was not preggo! This cycle I haven't really had anything! I guess today is going to be my " I'm probably not preggo" day... I got a BFN on my test this am- my temps are still up...I thought that with how my temps looked I would at least get a faint line if I was preggo. My chart looks nothing like my pregnancy chart with Madilynn...so I dunno. Today is the day I do NOT feel like this is our month and that makes me sad. Maybe I will feel different tomorrow.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#132 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

zensven42~ Congrats

junipervt~ on af showing up.

pollyanna123~ Welcome back to the group. i put you under the 2ww

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#133 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM

KingsDaughter76~ OMGosh! I am feeling the SAME way this morning!!!!!

I really am discouraged and feel like this is not the cycle. I feel nothing really now. My temp took a nose dive today and it almost made me wonder if was on her way but I know it's far to early for her to be coming!!

I tossed and turned a bit before I realized that it was time to temp this morning. I took my temp and it was super low (at my coverline) which it's never been before. I waited and test 15 minutes later (at my regualr time) and it was 97.9 which is a more "normal" temp. I don't know what's going on. My temp was LOW AFTER I had been thrashing around and tossing and turning. If anything I would have thought it would have went even higher from all that....not lower. So my thoughts? 1. Fluke temp? 2. Possible implantation dip even though I thought I had one earlier like 2 days ago. 3. is going to show up earlier and give me a big LP problem!

UGH! I'm sorry we're feeling so down and that I can't be more encouraging. I mean I KNOW we're not out til shows, but still...I'm feeling pretty down too. I guess we can feel down together?

Also, I tested this morning too and got a . *sigh*

pollyanna123~ Hang in there! I really hope you are in the TWW!!

babygrey~ I'm so sorry that showed up. I hope this next cycle for you gives you a nice strong O!!!

zensven42~ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#134 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM

I didnt keep with this thread this last cycle. I had a chemical the one before this one so was just layin low for this month. I got a BFP this month!

I know I liked to read stats of other nursing mama's who conceived so here are mine:
Have been TTC for 9 months
DD is 2 in a couple weeks and nursing about 8 times in a 24 hour period. This is a huge decrease for her that she made by herself for no particular reason. She was nursing up to 20 times in a 24 hour period.
I am using progesterone cream this cycle and taking a B-complex vitamin due to a short LP (well 10 - 11 days. Not that short but..). I have had two chemicals and a m/c at 6 weeks so was hoping that this would increase my LP.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#135 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 PM

tara~Yeah- I am already feeling more up about it all... silly me really~ I know it isn't over till AF shows~ plus I just got thru looking at a ton of charts where the mama got a BFN one day and then a + the very next day....so I really need to make myself CHILL out! rofl! I am still in the game- I realize that...just had a moment of panic! lol! Thanks for bearing with me ladies!! I appreciate you!

#136 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Melly24~ Congrats

#137 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM

I completely relate to the rollercoaster ride it seems that many of us are on. Here's my recent experience, still in process. I'll try my best to make it brief but I hope it gives others some optimism about their own cycles.

My first pp AF arrived mid Jan, and I am still in the midst of my first cycle charting pp. My 19 mo dd is an avid nurser and as would be expected, my temps, CM, etc have been pretty irregular this cycle - showing signs of imminent O, but then seeming to disappear, etc. I am charting using FF (online).

Anyway, FF's analysis said that O happened on CD9. I was so disappointed as it caught me totally off guard and there was no possibility that we BDed in time. I had been pretty down about it, but finally reconciled the fact that we'll just have to wait for my next cycle. Fast forward to today, CD 22. As of this morning when I entered my temp, FF re-analyzed my data and has now changed my O date to CD 19. It's too late to do anything about it now, but I realized that we did in fact BD on CD 17 (at the time it didn't seem it was "baby" dancing at all as I thought I was well past O). I need to figure out how to post a link to my chart, that'll be my next project!

Obviously it's a long shot....it's quite possible that FFs analysis is off because my signs have been so wonky. Still, it gives me some hope.

I am cautiously optimistic, so SoCali, when you get a chance will you change me to 2ww? Thanks!

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#138 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Sorry I've been away for a few days! It's been crazy.

First off congrats Melly, ZenSven, & Jenna!!! YEAH for bfp's!!!

BabyGrey, FX you get a Nov baby! DH and I skipped TTC in March '08 for fear of getting a Christmas baby, but you already have one! Wow! Glad he's happy with that. I know others with that bday who say they feel jipped.

Zwitterion, sorry about all of the sickness! Hope everyone feels better soon!

Sorry to all who were found by AF!

Tara, I'm pulling for ya mama! This all sounds very good so far.

Same w/ you King's! Just an FYI, I was worried because all I was getting were IC bfp's and blue dye bfp's and I was convinced they were evaps because I did not feel at ALL preggo yesterday...at all! (No, my tests were not evaps by the way.)

Teajunkie, good luck with all the new stuff you're trying! Hope you catch the egg this time.

I hope I didn't forget anyone! Good luck to all in the TWW! May it be a short one!

AFM...no more worries here. My hcg went up enough to give me a digital BFP this morning. No more wondering if those ICs and blue dye tests were evaps or not. Yayyyy
#139 of 386 Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 PM

babygrey - on AF arriving.

pollyanna123 - aw, your poor little guy! I hope the rest of you escape it. My poor DD threw up all night when it happened, too (from about 10:30 until shortly before I left for work the next morning, when she stayed home with DH)--she spent most of the night laying on top of me and sleeping, and she looked so scared in the morning. My heart breaks just thinking about it! I hope you figure out what's going on and have ovulated. May your stay here be mercifully short!

jen&james - Ooh, exciting! for you!

junipervt - for AF

kingsdaughter - Don't give up yet!! It's not over until AF sings.

Melly24 - Congrats!!

peachesmom - I wish I had some insight for you. My chart has been playing tricks on me since the start of December with false O alarms, but I have yet to ovulate.

beautyonthebeach - Congrats!!

xtara - did you possibly mouth-breathe while you were tossing and turning? I am far more likely to have my temp seem too low in this colder weather; it seems like my temp is more affected by cold air than by movement. Keep thinking positive thoughts!

I think everyone here is done with the stomach flu, knock on wood! I still have some cold symptoms left from a couple weeks ago, but I'll take it compared to what was just going on. I'm also treating my YI with monistat, and it says you're supposed to abstain from BDing while treating. I'm not exactly worried about it, because I doubt I'll ovulate any time soon (especially with the flu I just had), but heck if I didn't just see some lovely EWCF. Wouldn't it just fit if I got a positive OPK tomorrow!

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#140 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

beautyonthebeach83~ congrats on the + digital

babygrey~ on the possible af showing up.

peaches' mom~

#141 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 12:42 AM

beautyonthebeach83-- CONGRATS on the BFP!!! Thank you also for the pep talk!! I appreciate that alot!!

#142 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 AM

Thanks so much for the pep talk as well ladies!!!!!

I'm feeling more upbeat....especially after I got some heavier cramps tonight. Not period cramps. Very different. Very low, and definitely in the uterine area. Twingy stretchy cramps.

I am crossing my fingers BIG TIME. I will test again tomorrow morning. I am hoping for a little glimmer of SOMETHING tomorrow morning. I really am feeling more positive.

Honestly I will be QUIET surprised if I am not pregnant this cycle. I am starting to really feel like I am. I even had a few little cases of nausea today too. Not much..but enough to make me notice..

I also came to the decision today that if I am not pregnant this cycle, I am going in to talk to the midwife that delivered DD to see if there is any way that I could get some blood draws for my hormone levels (especially my progesterone after I ovulate). I am really hoping I don't have to worry about that though and that we are pregnant. I really really have a lot of hope this cycle now....especially after these cramps. I thought maybe it was because I had to pee, but even after I peed they still were there..and it was for a few hours.

Anyway..my fingers are crossed and I hope to God that tomorrow shows me SOMETHING..ANYTHING! LOL!

Will update tomorrow!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#143 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 AM

#144 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 AM

Congratulations to the BFPs! I just went to the front page to have a look at some BFP charts and saw that the success stories don't have charts. Why is that? Am I the only one who would like to be able to look at a chart after the BFP?

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#145 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 11:17 AM

Wow, look at all those BFP's
beautyonthebeach83
gen24
jennabella
JessieBird
Melly24
zensven42
Congrats and lots of sticky vibes to you all

to those in the 2WW

and to those who AF found

AFM, I think I finally believe FF, I'm supposed to be 8 DPO so that its true and we caught it this time
Can you please move me to the 2WW?

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#146 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
Congratulations to the BFPs! I just went to the front page to have a look at some BFP charts and saw that the success stories don't have charts. Why is that? Am I the only one who would like to be able to look at a chart after the BFP?
I want to see some more BFP charts too!

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#147 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabella View Post
I got a BFP!!!!

We have been trying since July 09, and we are SO happy to see those two pink lines!
Congrats!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#148 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensven42 View Post
OK, you can move me to success stories for the month
Wow, congrats to all the BPFs. I was out of touch over the weekend, and it looks like a lot of good news !

AFM: I O'd yesterday. Did not get the cross hairs from FF today, but I put them in myself (I am impatient) I had multiple outlets telling me that I O'd - positive opks for two days, my monitor said I would O yesterday, and my temp was up today. Sounds like a sure thing to me (knocking of wood...).

I am pretty hopeful this month, for some reason I am feeling like this may be my lucky month. Perhaps that is just my frustration for TTC for a long time (at least it seems like a long time to me), or the fact that I FINALLY got EWCM for the first time in 8 months this cycle. It really drank a ton of water this month, so I think that is why.

I have felt really hopeful a few times in the past, only to have AF arrive 13 days later. Anybody else just get a good feeling that this was their month at some point, only to find out that is was (or wasn't)?

Socal, could you move me back to tww? Thanks!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#149 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

#150 of 386 Old 02-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensven42 View Post
OK, you can move me to success stories for the month. 38 months since my last birth and 10 months of actively trying and the tests confirm I am pregnant. I hope it sticks around-
WOOHOO CONGRATS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmom2 View Post
Wow, look at all those BFP's
beautyonthebeach83
gen24
jennabella
JessieBird
Melly24
zensven42
Congrats and lots of sticky vibes to you all

to those in the 2WW

and to those who AF found

AFM, I think I finally believe FF, I'm supposed to be 8 DPO so that its true and we caught it this time
Can you please move me to the 2WW?
Hope this is IT for you! FX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmom2 View Post
I want to see some more BFP charts too!
ME TOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
Wow, congrats to all the BPFs. I was out of touch over the weekend, and it looks like a lot of good news !

AFM: I O'd yesterday. Did not get the cross hairs from FF today, but I put them in myself (I am impatient) I had multiple outlets telling me that I O'd - positive opks for two days, my monitor said I would O yesterday, and my temp was up today. Sounds like a sure thing to me (knocking of wood...).

I am pretty hopeful this month, for some reason I am feeling like this may be my lucky month. Perhaps that is just my frustration for TTC for a long time (at least it seems like a long time to me), or the fact that I FINALLY got EWCM for the first time in 8 months this cycle. It really drank a ton of water this month, so I think that is why.

I have felt really hopeful a few times in the past, only to have AF arrive 13 days later. Anybody else just get a good feeling that this was their month at some point, only to find out that is was (or wasn't)?

Socal, could you move me back to tww? Thanks!
HOpe you get your BFP soon!! Welcome to the 2 ww!!

`````````````````````````````````
AFM:
11 DPO- BFN on IC test this am.... temp went up even higher today...probably will re-test later today since I have a stockpile of IC's to use...might as well have fun peeing on them! Trying to keep my chin up and not let this bum me out- I'm not out yet- keep repeating that to myself...I'm NOT out yet- AF has not arrived!!! I have to say though- my chart sure does look nice for a BFP though- doesn't it??!! I know you can't put your stock in temps though...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page