Nursing Mamas TTC February - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tara2, which brand OPK are you using? Have fun!

I think I'm going to start using OPKs, not sure if this cycle since I don't know how long it'll be....

Lifegaurd, congrats on finding a good OB, when do you start the clomid?

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Finnegansmom..I just now read through all the posts..I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I so hope your stay here is short, and you have a healthy pregnancy and baby very soon!!

Tara..the very, very positive sounds good!! This may be the real deal now..have fun bding, and hopefully you will see a temp rise soon!!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#183 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Please move me to the "waiting to O" catagory. AF came, and though I'm not disappointed, I'm excited for the opportunity to keep trying to conceive. That's a fun part!
#184 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebearsmama View Post
Please move me to the "waiting to O" catagory. AF came, and though I'm not disappointed, I'm excited for the opportunity to keep trying to conceive. That's a fun part!
Oh, that is so positive

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#185 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Thanks! I think that charting and the suspense of wondering, "am I or aren't I?" really is fun. Might as well enjoy the process!
#186 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

KingsDaughter76~ Congrats

zwitterion~ did you test yet ?

littlebearsmama~ on af hope you catch the egg this cycle.

WendyLynnn~ on af showing up.

lifeguard~ Glad you were finally able to find a obgyn.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#187 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Kingsdaughter - Congrats!!

Socalimommy - I tested this morning and got a BFN. I'm not terribly disappointed because I really didn't think I'd ovulated then (but I was a tad bit hopeful). I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate then because I'd be 14 dpo, and with a 7 day LP max up to this point I would think I'd either have AF or a BFP at this point.

My temp went down a bit today, so I don't think I've ovulated. Again, it's good and bad. I'd like to be ovulating again, but now I can hold out hope that I will ovulate at a time when I might possibly get pregnant.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#188 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 03:40 PM

13 dpo today and took an Answer test first- the line came up right away and it made be hard to see in the pics but it is also MUCH darker than yesterdays!! So then I decided to try a FRER digi- then got brave enough to try the CBE digi (it said I was NOT preggo yesterday!!) Well look below and you can see the results for yourself!! WOOHOO! The Answer test was not even dry yet and the line is STILL getting darker!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests003.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests005.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests001.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests010.jpg

AND- just for fun- here are my OPK's that show a very nice fade-in and fade-out of my LH surge!! Thought it was pretty cool~!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests002.jpg[/img]

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!! I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Now just have to pray this little one STICKS!!!:crossfingers: I am now on my full dose of progesterone so hopefully that will keep things good. My EDD is October 23, 2010!!! My birthday is on October 13th and I tend to deliver a week or so early - SO I could very well end up giving myself an AWESOME birthday present!!! Please move me to Feb BFP's!!! !!!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#189 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Congrats Kingsdaughter!

That is so exciting, I LOVE October birthdays. My 3yo is an October baby.
I love your OPKs as well...fun to see them all lined up.
Have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Zwitterion, sorry about the BFN. Maybe you haven't Od yet and will this cycle? Do you think that AF is on the way? I had a few of those kind of cycles last summer/fall. I hate fakeouts like that, especially when you think you have good timing and all. Sucks.

ETA - Z, I just looked at your chart again--with the neg OPKs I bet you didn't Ovulate at all. were they close to be being positive at all? I know when I had some anaovulatory cycles, I got almost positive tests or at least darker lines - had a slight, weak temp rise, and then got my period. I can't remember, but if this your first pp cycle?

#190 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
13 dpo today and took an Answer test first- the line came up right away and it made be hard to see in the pics but it is also MUCH darker than yesterdays!! So then I decided to try a FRER digi- then got brave enough to try the CBE digi (it said I was NOT preggo yesterday!!) Well look below and you can see the results for yourself!! WOOHOO! The Answer test was not even dry yet and the line is STILL getting darker!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests003.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests005.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests001.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests010.jpg

AND- just for fun- here are my OPK's that show a very nice fade-in and fade-out of my LH surge!! Thought it was pretty cool~!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...potests002.jpg[/img]

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!! I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Now just have to pray this little one STICKS!!!:crossfingers: I am now on my full dose of progesterone so hopefully that will keep things good. My EDD is October 23, 2010!!! My birthday is on October 13th and I tend to deliver a week or so early - SO I could very well end up giving myself an AWESOME birthday present!!! Please move me to Feb BFP's!!! !!!
That is wonderful! Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#191 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Congratulations to the mothers with BFPs!

I'm checking in occasionally as I wait until at least May before TTC again. With changing insurance at the beginning of this year (meaning no Mat coverage until next year) I just can't afford to get pregnant! I still officially owe about $30K for my last c-section (over 1 yr ago) and the insurance company (that went under) is trying not to pay.

Right now, we're thinking we'll pay OOP for prenatal care as long as we're covered at the time of of the birth. At this point I don't have any realistic option besides a c-section (I've had 3 now, even though I attempted natural homebirth with all 3.) My only fear is that if I have anything other than a normal pregnancy we could still be in trouble without maternity coverage kicking in until Jan 2011. Since I'm 37 (don't want to wait longer) and have had 3 healthy pregnancies, I think I 'll take the risk of getting pregnant without maternity coverage that kicks in until the 3rd trimester. Last time it took me 8 months to conceive anyway.

Good luck everyone!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#192 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Question for you nursing mamas...or mamas who got pregnant while nursing....

In December, I had a 25 day cycle.

November, 29 days

October 26 days

End of Sept, 29 days

Beginning of Sept, 26 days

So I really don't know WHEN to expect if she is coming. Grr. Does it even really "matter" how long a cycle is...or is it just the LP that matters. Last month I had a 13 day LP...so I'm assuming that if AF were to come this cycle...I'd get her by Friday. Right now I'm 11DPO and keep getting negatives on the internet cheapies. Yesterday I took a test with a CB digi and it said I wasn't pregnant. With DD1...I didn't get a until 15DPO in the afternoon..and I tested early with her too.

Since my cycles are really not seeming to be a specific number of days long....does that mean something really IS up with my hormones and something is out of whack? I AM nursing DD 1x per day..but it's really hard for me to think that that one nursing per day is throwing my hormones off this much...could this really be the "issue?"

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#193 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
ETA - Z, I just looked at your chart again--with the neg OPKs I bet you didn't Ovulate at all. were they close to be being positive at all? I know when I had some anaovulatory cycles, I got almost positive tests or at least darker lines - had a slight, weak temp rise, and then got my period. I can't remember, but if this your first pp cycle?
I really appreciate you looking! I agree--I really don't think I've ovulated this cycle, either. While I have definitely had some dark negs on my OPKs, they were definite negatives. I had to laugh at your comment about similar cycles last summer/fall--this cycle has been so long that it will essentially be my winter cycle! (At this point, it's laugh or go nuts!) And no, it's not my first PP cycle. I ovulated in August and then had some primarily anovulatory 27ish day cycles for a while, and then this craziness happened. Blargh.

xtara - I'm no help. Your cycle length is incredibly regular compared to what I'm used to, but I know if you're used to clockwork cycles it's got to be tough.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#194 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM

kingsdaughter!
I'm so happy for you. Lovely pics.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#195 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwitterion View Post
I really appreciate you looking! I agree--I really don't think I've ovulated this cycle, either. While I have definitely had some dark negs on my OPKs, they were definite negatives. I had to laugh at your comment about similar cycles last summer/fall--this cycle has been so long that it will essentially be my winter cycle! (At this point, it's laugh or go nuts!) And no, it's not my first PP cycle. I ovulated in August and then had some primarily anovulatory 27ish day cycles for a while, and then this craziness happened. Blargh.

Could you be nursing more? Maybe not more often but longer sessions?
More nursing at night? My cycles after #2 have been 28-40 days, and not always have I ovulated (I might have only ovulated once actually out of 4 or 5 cycles?) I've had cycles where I got crosshairs from FF and then got my AF 4 or 5 days later... zoinks. Obviously a fakeout.

Is there something you can take to regulate your cycle? I going to start Maca and maybe vitex. I have no idea when my cycle will start again but I'm too impatient to wait. I literally need to have 20 day cycles where I O on CD5. I hate waiting and waiting and waiting...

#196 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Quick check-in here while DD sleeps... still no positive signs of ovulation, but I am on CD 17 or so and trying to DTD as often as our baby will allow us to (i.e. when she is sleeping which is rare when DH is home). *sigh* I am tired of these long cycles.

-
#197 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM

Thanks ladies for your support. Today's opk is negative, and temp is down. I think it means no O. However today cervix has gone closed and firm, and cf seems gone compared to a day or two ago. I have a feeling temp will be up tomorrow and I will have missed my window cause the last time BD happened was Sunday night. I mean, pg would still be possible but not likely. But if temp is still low tomorrow then I'll call another fake out. Luckily or unluckily I have only 2 opks left! So my testing frenzy will be over for now.

Kingsdaughter- how wonderful! What a lovely set of tests!

zwitterion- well i suppose it's a bright side to no O is not missing the window yet. I am hoping as well.

xtara- well those cycles seem pretty fair to me. I used to cycle between 26 and 35 days. If you chart, your lp length should be pretty standard from cycle to cycle, unless it is growing from coming off PP nursing. You can measure each cycle or know when to expect AF based on the date of temperature rise. Like if your lp is usually 13 days give or take a day, and temp shift is on the tenth of the month, you can expect AF around the 23rd/24th. Does that make sense?

lifegard- I have felt bloated for over a week now but it started to go away yesterday. That was hugely noticeable and different from all my other possible times I thought I'd O, so maybe this is it, but who knows? I hope it's a positive sign for you soon!

finnegans mom - using wondfo brand opks. Had a good stash but it's almost up.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#198 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
Thanks ladies for your support. Today's opk is negative, and temp is down. I think it means no O. However today cervix has gone closed and firm, and cf seems gone compared to a day or two ago. I have a feeling temp will be up tomorrow and I will have missed my window cause the last time BD happened was Sunday night. I mean, pg would still be possible but not likely. But if temp is still low tomorrow then I'll call another fake out. Luckily or unluckily I have only 2 opks left! So my testing frenzy will be over for now.
Why do you think no O?
when I got pregnant with my now 18 month old, I got a + OPK on a monday, got a + OPK on a tuesday, on wednesday temp went down and got a negative. Thursday, temp jumped up and FF confirmed O and temps stayed up and I got a BFP. I BDd the 2 days I got the + OPKs. I believe ovulation is detected after the surge goes back to negative. Can you BD tonight?

Also sunday night is only 3 days ago....so still in the running.

#199 of 386 Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 PM

HOORAY for more February BFPs! This is a very lucky month so far!
KMFX for those of you patiently (or not so patiently) 2WW'ing!

I'm having tender nipples and TONS of EWCM so I'm getting really depressed that DH is being such an a-hole and I'm gearing up to O for nothing. DD has been going back and forth from wanting to nurse every couple of hours during the day, to nursing twice- before her nap and before bed so I've been waking up engorged for the first time in 16 months!

~Courtney~
IBCLC to be & newly single mama to Ariana Raen 8/31/08
#200 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 AM

I see the call out for BFP charts and I have one here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2bf486

I used to have it in the list at the beginning of the thread, but it is not there now sorry. I think my chart was about as ideal as you could get this month so if it hadn't worked out, I would have been crushed.

Kristin SS
#201 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensven42 View Post
I see the call out for BFP charts and I have one here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2bf486

I used to have it in the list at the beginning of the thread, but it is not there now sorry. I think my chart was about as ideal as you could get this month so if it hadn't worked out, I would have been crushed.

Kristin SS

Congrats on the BFP mama, that is a perfect chart!

#202 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 AM

grr...I am SO over this cycle!

FF still has my crosshairs but my temps don't show any signs of actually ovulating so I have no idea why.

Socal, can you please move me to WT is going on now? ok, ok, I guess Waiting to O I just hope the Maca I just started will help because I have had regular (for me) 30-40 day cycles since 6 wks PP and now that I want to TTC and start charting, I get my first 75 (76?) day cycle

whew, sorry..guess I needed to vent a little

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#203 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

TXmom2~ :HUG :HUG

KingsDaughter76~ Congrats

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#204 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM

[1
#205 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in.... 8 DPO and alternately thinking that this is the month or that I'm for sure out this month. I have been feeling a little queasy and crampy, but I know that can be a sign of lots of things other than pregnancy. A friend gave me a bunch of IC tests, so of course I started using them yesterday--7DPO. I do think my chart looks good though. Just hanging in there!

#206 of 386 Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Yuba your chart looks GREAT! Yay, are you testing tomorrow? I love cheap HPTs.
On that note, I drove all over creation looking for the Dollar Tree in the next town over from me. Why I didn't write down the address when I googled it I have no idea. I found The Dollar Store, Dollar Outlet, Dollar General and Family Dollar. FINALLY when I was about to give up I found it. Phew. I bought 20$ worth of OPKs and HPTs.

I took an HPT and got a faint +, but it's obviously from the MC as I haven't had a cycle yet. It was fainter than the + I got at 14DPO (which was actually pretty dark) so I hope I can get a negative within the next week. I don't want a super long cycle this time around... ugh.

#207 of 386 Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 PM

I finally have some EWCM this morning! Woohoo! So I'm probably very close to ovulating (if at all). We had on the 9th & 10th, and I plan on sneaking in a session sometime today. Mwuhaha. Nothing like getting your tax refund in your bank account to make you want to celebrate by having sex! :

We found out yesterday that DH's cousin is going to be a daddy in October. They just got married last October too. Very excited for them! Izzy will have a little cousin close to her age (though they live on the other side of the country).

-
#208 of 386 Old 02-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Do you ladies find that when your LO nurses more, your O is later?
Usually by cd 14 i get some fertile CM, at least watery if not egg white, even if i dont O until at least cd 20... But now on cd 15, there's still nothing. Elliot has been eating like a pig over the last 10 days, my skinny boy is actually getting chubby! Im also pumping to have a good stash for when my supply goes down (I pump 6oz a day or so). Im up to almost 40 bags in my freezer, yay! (each is about enough for one feed) Im hoping to have 60 by the time i get a bfp. Enough to keep him on *some* BM for 2 months.
#209 of 386 Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Yuba your chart looks GREAT! Yay, are you testing tomorrow? I love cheap HPTs.
On that note, I drove all over creation looking for the Dollar Tree in the next town over from me. Why I didn't write down the address when I googled it I have no idea. I found The Dollar Store, Dollar Outlet, Dollar General and Family Dollar. FINALLY when I was about to give up I found it. Phew. I bought 20$ worth of OPKs and HPTs.

I took an HPT and got a faint +, but it's obviously from the MC as I haven't had a cycle yet. It was fainter than the + I got at 14DPO (which was actually pretty dark) so I hope I can get a negative within the next week. I don't want a super long cycle this time around... ugh.
Thanks for looking at my chart. BFN this morning and feeling very discouraged. I know it's still early (9DPO) but I feel crampy, and my temp was down a bit this morning. Still way over the cover line, but still....

Finnegansmom, I hope your body cycles again quickly

Babymango, I haven't had that happen personally, but it makes sense that it could push your O back.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

#210 of 386 Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 AM

s all around..

yuba, sorry about the bfn, but it is still early!

babymango, i think its totally possible..lots of things can delay o and if he is nursing more its a bigger stress on your body,you are getting less sleep likely and so forth. i had a super long cycle 2 months back and im thinking this is exactly the reason..thought i was pregnant, but no..very frustrating!

luna.. good luck!and congrats on your nre-to-be niece or nephew!

finnegans mom..

AFM..dp has actually agreed to try this month i have been really hoping he would come around and tonight he said he wants to if i really want to. right in time as well. so here is hoping!! im in shock but happy. stunned but happy! now i just have to get my reluctant sleeper to bed. arg

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page