~*Bitter Sushi Ladies - FEBRUARY*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah...decided I needed coffee and to stop messing around....
Had a full on cup of the good stuff this morning. I have been trying to cut back, but man, I swear.

Right now, my husband's team of guys came down to clean up the yard. Damn I should have taken before and after pics! BRB!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM

firebug big hugs
beloved big hugs
big hugs all around

and what does AMF mean?

yesterday morn found more ewcm, BDed last night and woke with temp UP. Not way up, but above my usual cover line. Timing was alright this month. I think we BDed on O day and three and four days before O day. now for my least favorite time of the month, the TWW.

I'm reading all your posts ladies, just feeling pretty down and having a hard time doing more than just reading... but just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you and your particular situations.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:45 PM

Hey ladies-
Just checking in. The last few days have just been bonkers with moving insanity.The place we are moving is almost an hour away, so the trips back and forth seem to take forever. We are planning to get our actual moving truck for all the big stuff this coming week, so right now we are doing car trips with things like clothes/groceries/plants. The new place is coming together beautifully and it makes me so that is a very good thing !
It has been a good distraction during my TWW, although I have been hyper aware of not doing any serious heavy lifting or anything of that sort. I have been feeling "odd" for lack of a better way of putting it, but I am trying to not overthink it. With going off of Vitex and on Clomid, plus having the HSG I figure my body has gone through the wringer and I can't really trust any symptoms right now. Most of the things I am noticing(high body temperature/exhaustion) are also Clomid side effects, so who knows right now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ! More packing for me !

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
and what does AMF mean?
Do you mean AFM maybe? AFM=As for me.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 PM

ha, yes AFM not AMF... : ) thanks firebug. I kept seeing ladies writing it and then updating about their lives but couldn't quite think of what it stood for...

celtic angel: i'm sending you a virtual extra set of hands and arms to help you move. moving can be so exciting and totally exhausting. good luck!!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
yesterday morn found more ewcm, BDed last night and woke with temp UP. Not way up, but above my usual cover line. Timing was alright this month. I think we BDed on O day and three and four days before O day. now for my least favorite time of the month, the TWW.

I'm reading all your posts ladies, just feeling pretty down and having a hard time doing more than just reading... but just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you and your particular situations.
Lapis, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you this 2ww. I'm sorry you're feeling down, but this thread gets pretty quiet on occasion, I know we have a lot of lurkers, sometimes it's just easier on the to not have to respond.

Fierrbugg That is awful. I am so sorry I know there's really nothing I can say, except that we're here for you, and very very sorry that you have to go through this.

Beloved I'm sorry to hear about your son causing you trouble I thought boys were supposed to get EASIER as they got older, and girls were the hard ones?! Don't tell me I have this to look forward to when he gets to his teens! I'm having a hard enough time with his little attitude problems in school now!

Celtic That's so cool about your new place! No doubt it will be keeping your mind off the TTC stuff, which is ALWAYS a good thing How many DPO are you, and when are you testing? (That's my favorite question!)

Tear How you feelin' girl?! California rolls sound delicious- I wanted sushi for dinner tonight, but we ended up splurging on a Cuban restaurant for lunch, so I'll have to save the sushi night for next week

YYYM Sorry about AF I am happy to hear about the early O though, I think I need to try this acupuncture stuff for REAL.

Rochelle I hope your month has been getting better girlie

Enigo Awesome about the clean-up- was it a surprise?

Jessica

AFM- 16mm follie!!! I'm triggering on Monday night, and going in for the IUI on Wednesday around 11 I really really really hope this works. Good follie, good egg, good timing

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 PM

NAh we had talked about it since we got the frost. The place was such a mess. Since we had DS I had lost interest to some extent since the acre was just too much for me to handle. DS just leaves when he gets bored in the yard and disappears....anyway it's been tough to work out there. Hopefully I can keep it up now.
Still haven't Oed, I hate this crap. I'm starting to think it ain't gonna happen for me. If not, I want the last year and a half of misery back.

Yay! Nannette! I have a good feeling about this one!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM

7 days dpo today. I have been having terrible cramps on my right side. I am hoping it is not a cyst!!!

NExt cycle (if this one doesn't work) I am going to go find a new RE. The one in the Lansing (MI) area is terrible. I think I have ~1000 left that my insurance will pay, and my dh agreed that we will take out a loan if we have to. I have taken three months off from an RE, and tried two months of acupuncture (oh my gosh I was skeptic of that, but it SO relaxes me). It is time to start again!

BTW you guys are awesome. I love reading all your posts.

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 PM

Yawwwwwwwwwn another + OPK. I think this is like #7 or 8 this cycle.
However I think this one is it. Cervix is HSO this time. Last 7-8 times it wasn't. That was why I knew something was up.
DH is home today too, crud... I don't NOT want to try this cycle, but then...

Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Beloved--your dance was beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Nanette--HOORAY for a 16mm follicle!

Tear--Has AF stopped yet? I'm going to call you.

YYYM--I'm sorry this wasn't the cycle, I was sure hoping for you. I'm glad you've found the positives in it though--that's awesome.

Enigo--I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the late-o. It must be so hard especially since of the miscarriages being from late-o pregnancies...on the one hand, it seems like you get pregnant from the late-o, but on the other, another miscarriage would just be devastating. I'm sorry it's so hard right now!

Fierrbug I hope that finding the lumps is the first step to healing and a baby for you. It sounds scary, though

to everyone else! I'm still lurking...

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
Beloved--your dance was beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Nanette--HOORAY for a 16mm follicle!

Tear--Has AF stopped yet? I'm going to call you.

YYYM--I'm sorry this wasn't the cycle, I was sure hoping for you. I'm glad you've found the positives in it though--that's awesome.

Enigo--I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the late-o. It must be so hard especially since of the miscarriages being from late-o pregnancies...on the one hand, it seems like you get pregnant from the late-o, but on the other, another miscarriage would just be devastating. I'm sorry it's so hard right now!

Fierrbug I hope that finding the lumps is the first step to healing and a baby for you. It sounds scary, though

to everyone else! I'm still lurking...
Carlyle! Thanks for stopping by to spread the baby dust around!

I'm torn, I had just decided that maybe I was going to have an annovulatory cycle this go-round. Perff. I'm so tired.

I mean Those last two eggs may have been defective to begin with. Most of what I read about late O was that is was more difficult to get pregnant on a late O since the lining sometimes starts to break down and the egg may degrade. If my mc's were from chromosomal problem, then that doesn't matter. I wish I knew.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Most of what I read about late O was that is was more difficult to get pregnant on a late O since the lining sometimes starts to break down and the egg may degrade. If my mc's were from chromosomal problem, then that doesn't matter. I wish I knew.
I didn't know this. Must google it...

And so sorry to hear about the mc.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 PM

I just wanted to say that it feels so good not to be obsessing this month. I do have symptoms, but they could also be from af. I got BIG waves of tiredness today, and my boobs are so sore that I cannot let DH touch them. BUT, the chances and pretty slim (spermies would've had to live 5 days) so although I feel exhausted, I am chilling out Yay!!

We got out of the house today, yay!!! yay!!!!

I am not a football fan, but DH is watching the super bowl so I am making food (not chicken wings though) DH is being nicer to me today. He is so upset and bothered by some things that we can't change and we figured out that he was taking them out on me. I think he felt bad after he realized just how upset I was. So, things feel better today. I am relieved to not be thinking so much about TTC this month.

Carlyle, thanks for lurking still, keep us updated!!

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 AM

Beloved: Sounds like you are in a good place. I can SOOO relate. Life struggles plus ttc struggles are soo hard. So nice to get a day outside too... are you an eastcoaster w/ some good snow to walk through? i'm hoping this cycle works for you anyways.

Enigo: hoping you Oed some healthy eggs and they are nestling into some healthy lining. hugs

Rachwms: good luck to you this cycle. I'm just a couple day behind you in the tww. and I hope you find an awesome RE... and that you get to do lots of relaxing along the way.

Firebug: we are all still right here and thinking of you

Nanette: I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday!

I really like this board, even when it gets quiet. I know sometimes people just don't feel like posting (myself included), but I like having a safe place to vent and remember that I (we) are not alone in this struggle.

AFM (again, thanks firebug for getting me in the loop on this one) this is how things are looking today: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277aa4
I don't like how my temps look. kinda low to me. but we will see over the next few days what happens.

thoughts and hugs to anyone I forgot
Old 02-08-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I just wanted to say that it feels so good not to be obsessing this month.

That's really where I am right now... I'm amazed how much more laid back I am when we're not ttc! I really didn't get how stressful it was until we took a break. I thought I'd be freaking out NOT ttc, but it's the opposite. (Although I did have a twinge when I went into my drawer and saw all my pg tests! lol)

I think we're going to keep on this break at least for another month. Maybe two...

But I've got my for everyone!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
That's really where I am right now... I'm amazed how much more laid back I am when we're not ttc!
I was trying to do that this cycle. It didn't work out well. Going to try one more time though.

I am at 8 dpo....getting AF symptoms already but hope I am wrong.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
So nice to get a day outside too... are you an eastcoaster w/ some good snow to walk through?
and it is sparkly and beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
. I'm amazed how much more laid back I am when we're not ttc! I really didn't get how stressful it was until we took a break. I thought I'd be freaking out NOT ttc, but it's the opposite. (Although I did have a twinge when I went into my drawer and saw all my pg tests! lol)

I think we're going to keep on this break at least for another month. Maybe two...
I'm glad you're getting a break. I understand about the twinge you get when you see the HPTs, I get that too.

I am mainly thinking that someone is looking out for us that we haven't conceived and carried it yet, until we get out of debt and are working towards building the house we are planning. There ia alot of money tension in my home, and when I was pregnant last time DH was really worried about how we were going to do it, so I am at peace with the whole situation.

I think 'coming out' about having had 2 losses with my dance really helped me to heal It's not a secret anymore, and it is okay to grieve even an early loss (even for me maybe the loss of a dream ) Now DH's family (that are my friends on FB) know, he told a few of them when I was pregnant the last time, but they all didnt know, and those that did never said anything to me about it, or asked how I was or anything.

Funny thing is that my X mil asked how I was doing it made me cry.

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent I am just feeling better and am coming here to root you guys on for your BFPs even if I am ok without one of my own.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
AFM- 16mm follie!!! I'm triggering on Monday night, and going in for the IUI on Wednesday around 11
Best of luck!

No news here. Sometimes it is nice taking a cycle off.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 PM

dawn, beloved, and janie, hope the break does you all well. sounds like you're all zen and relaxing on a break from TTC!

lapis, your temps don't look too low, though i'm not convinced that your crosshairs are accurate. i think you're still gearing up to O.

enigo, thinking of you, wishing that you didn't have to really even consider this issue. i can understand being hesitant about TTC considering your history. FWIW there are plenty of late-O pregnancies that result in healthy babies, but in your situation i'm not sure how i'd feel.

rach, that your AF symptoms are meaningless and that you're knocked up!

celtic_angel, good vibes your way as well! happy moving!

fierbugg, biiiiig hugs your way. i hope that the issue gets resolved quickly and smoothly so you can just focus on healing and moving foward.

nanette, thinking of you tonight! will you be BDing as well the next couple nights before the IUI, or is that a no-no?

did i forget anyone? probably...

anyway, just sticking my head in because i'm feeling unbearably bitter. i really hate feeling this way... i try so hard to tell myself that i have no control, that i need to relax and let things take their own course, that the only choice i can make is how to react to it and what steps to take next. but... i don't know, i just had so many good "signs" last cycle. and i try so hard each cycle that doesn't work out to go do something i wouldn't be able to do if pregnant. i went out saturday night and had a blast, first at a friend's surprise party for her husband and then at an acquaintance's birthday party where my husband had a BLAST playing with the guy's music equipment. we had such a fun night and DD slept at her grandparents' house, so we stayed out till 4 AM! i had a good time, i really did, and my hubby was saying how it's really nice to get to do this again. and it is nice, and it is fun, but honestly i would rather be in the october DDC, feeling the startings of nausea and fatigue and hoping a little bean was getting comfy for a nice long ride.

anyway. 2 more shots for a 2010 baby. can't believe i'm so close to the 1-year mark. my first TTC cycle started 2/16/09, but we didn't agree to TTC until march. my mom had a dream about me having a baby girl on 11/13, which is around where i'd be due depending on when i O this cycle, so PLEEEEEEASE let mom be psychic, at least in this case. if it doesn't happen this cycle, my next due date would be right around my daughter's bday, and while i'd rather have a baby at any time of year than anything else, one holiday birthday makes the month of december hectic enough!

and seriously 900 of my friends are pregnant or have newborns right now and i am really starting to hate on myself for letting this get to me. yet another friend just posted a pregnancy announcement on facebook right after getting her BFP and i'm like........ seriously dude? and she's clearly SO ignorant about pregnancy and birth and it just really raises my hackles somehow, and things her OB tells her make my blood boil. and WHY DO I CARE? it's not like she's coming in here with a machine gun to DH's sperm every time we do it, so how does this affect me? it DOESN'T. i'm bitter anyway though.

whatever, just whining, sorry ladies. just feeling suuuuuuuuuuuper bitter as AF winds down, trying to get in the right frame of mind for the cycle to come. my MW team said i can come in any time to start some bloodwork and stuff since i'm overdue for a pap and my 1-year TTC mark is getting closer, but i was thinking i would do another cycle or two of acupuncture first. last month's cycle was at least nicer-looking than usual, so we'll see if this bodes well for me. i hope everyone's in better spirits than i am!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
and seriously 900 of my friends are pregnant or have newborns right now and i am really starting to hate on myself for letting this get to me. yet another friend just posted a pregnancy announcement on facebook right after getting her BFP and i'm like........ seriously dude? and she's clearly SO ignorant about pregnancy and birth and it just really raises my hackles somehow, and things her OB tells her make my blood boil.
This is EXACTLY how I feel right now. I can't even add to it. I can only nod.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
enigo, thinking of you, wishing that you didn't have to really even consider this issue. i can understand being hesitant about TTC considering your history. FWIW there are plenty of late-O pregnancies that result in healthy babies, but in your situation i'm not sure how i'd feel.
Well I decided to BD one more time. (Like DH even has any say so in the matter at this point ). I figured I'd leave it up to fate. Oh man what have I done!!! At least if I don't get pregnant this cycle I won't be upset....I think. I just had to try in case this was "the one".

By the way thanks for mentioning there wasn't much time for a 2010 baby . I hadn't realized that. I remember way back when I was trying a last ditch effort for a 2009 baby...still no baby. CRud.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Man I was just going through some pictures of DS I have on Facebook. Sniff I wanna cry.
He is so frickin' amazing! Maybe I shouldn't have another. I mean I so could not do that good twice. I'm sitting here feeling like a heel for not being fully present to him for the last year and a half of TTC. He's even still sleeping at 7:45am

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Hi, Please add me to the list. I'm waiting to O.

I'm Michelle, 38, and have been TTC #3 since July 2009.
I have a 3 yo and a 18 month old. I got pregnant in December but we lost the baby a week ago at 12 weeks, no reason why we've been told.
I'm still nursing a few times a day/night and some of my cycles last fall I did not ovulate.

We are trying again as soon as we can, and my bleeding has already stopped from the D&C. Here is my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1bc90f

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 02-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
anyway, just sticking my head in because i'm feeling unbearably bitter...

whatever, just whining, sorry ladies. just feeling suuuuuuuuuuuper bitter
It is actually really nice to read these kinds of comments, it makes me feel more normal.

Oh maybe next month you will get to post your BFP on facebook!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM

I'm in the 2ww of a month we couldn't try. I don't think I need to elaborate on my less than chatty mood. <--smile pasted on
I'm reading along with everything y'all right, but just not up to personals today.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
I'm in the 2ww of a month we couldn't try. I don't think I need to elaborate on my less than chatty mood. <--smile pasted on
I'm reading along with everything y'all right, but just not up to personals today.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm just checking in to say hi to new folks and say I somehow made it to 11 dpo with looking at FF one other time. I'm SOO busy, that's really been a huge blessing. So I'm sorry I've been super slacker on personals lately, but I'm still reading. Still rooting for you guys and still giving hugs and being my bitter self with you!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Well luckily this IS the Bitter Sushi ladies so I feel I can say....
A friend of mine was anti-baby #2 (for herself) the whole time we have been TTC. Last month she told me that she and her husband were going to TTC after all. I was so sure she would get a BFP her first month (Because the universe hates me). I know this sounds awful, but she told me she got her period today...
Well I know it's wrong, but I think I peed a little
snicker... Oh I'm awful....whatever.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:38 AM

okay so this is either good news or super extra good news, but i think it is just good news.

For the past THREE YEARS I have a a 45-50 days cycle. SOMETIMES when I take clomid (ALOT) it is shortened to 40 days.

I have been off all meds for three months now.

good news: AF came today and my cycle is 35 days!!!! 35 days is what it was before I had my first child!!!!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!

possible (but not likely) extra good news: it is pretty light right now and very pink pink (not red) so maybe it is implantation bleeding (which I had with my first as well)

I am happy FOR ONCE either way. This is the first glimmer of hope for fertility I have had in three years....

Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 AM

enigo: yes! exactly, I feel like I can get genuinely excited for people I don't know well (like if you ladies got pregs or my dh's good friends wife is pregs) but if any of my good friends or if my sister got pregnant right now, well, it would be H-a-r-d....I think i'd pee a little too!

rachwms: congrats! either way exciting.... can't wait to hear the update ; )

jessica: being busy really helps ease the burden of the wait. hope it keeps up for you...

apricot: hugs

AFM:
as per usual after O i'm pretty irritable ... not sure if its ALWAYS hormone related or if its just bitterness? anyhow i'm just. trying. to. be. nice... and get myself in the mood for some NOT ttc sex...because I know when we keep the humping regular... we feel closer... and thus I am in a better mood.

and I am anxiously awaiting my doctors appointment next monday. really hoping i get some good info and get to start the process of really figuring out what the heck is going on here...

more hugs to the ladies...
always, thanks for listening : )

User Tag List