~*Bitter Sushi Ladies - FEBRUARY*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 404 Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Jessica!!

enigo, YAY for CHs!! Now the waiting begins

afm, I started af last night, today so heavy I had to use tampons AND pads at work and was soaking through a tampon every half hour to 45 minutes , PLUS the pad I didn't obsess even once

Whatever will be, already is...

#122 of 404 Old 02-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks!
But um just to let you know, if my temps drops tomorrow and FF takes my crosshairs away...you'll hear me scream from there!
Was just watching a show on Discover about a woman who was 55 and pregnant. She had IVF with her frozen embryos from when she was 43.
Woah!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#123 of 404 Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 PM

Congrats, Jessica!!

So, I am absolutely positively not, not, not supposed to get pregnant. So we, subfertile as we are, and unable to get preggers without clomid on board, diligently used protection this month. And I'm two days late.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#124 of 404 Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
Congrats, Jessica!!

So, I am absolutely positively not, not, not supposed to get pregnant. So we, subfertile as we are, and unable to get preggers without clomid on board, diligently used protection this month. And I'm two days late.
Are you going to test????

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#125 of 404 Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Are you going to test????
I don't think so.

#126 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
I'm freaking out ladies, I'm freaking out.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../DSCN06561.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../DSCN06531.jpg

That line, it's pink right!?!?
This is a very VERY pretty pink BFP!!!!!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#127 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Thanks!
But um just to let you know, if my temps drops tomorrow and FF takes my crosshairs away...you'll hear me scream from there!
Temp is still up, crosshairs are still there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
Congrats, Jessica!!

Ain't that the always the way? How long are you going to wait before you bite the bullet?

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#128 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 PM

came on to see nanette's update about the IUI and found the great news from jessica! congratulations!!!! we've been doing well this winter, ladies. we are having at least one grad a month. go us!

nanette, that the IUI does it! i am so glad that things looked so good in there and it seems like the timing was right on.

enigo, wahoo for CHs finally! for you as well. how cute would it be for you and nanette to be due date buddies?

apricot, holy cow! any update? maybe just a weird cycle?

beloved, rock on with the zen attitude!

lapis, i agree that it is just a slow rise. your timing looks great!

sorry if i missed anyone... i'm bad at this.

afm nothing interesting, CD8 and biding my time. no OPKs or HPTs in the house... should probably fix that soon. trip to dollar tree this weekend perhaps!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#129 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM

Hi!!! I'm a newbie to this thread

FIrst congrats Jessica!! So pleased for you.

I've been ttc for 14 months. I had one ectopic that terminated 9/25 and I would have been due on May 15, 2010. I can't help but think of that every day and I have these moments where I vividly imagine how far along I would be and how big, healthy and happy my baby and I would be.

I just found out today that my bf is having a baby boy! Love her and very pleased for her. Just not so pleased for myself.

I'm 7 dpo today on cd 20. Already tested yesterday and today so I'm emotionally down in the dumps. With my last I had a bfp on cd13 with an ept digital (those aren't so sensitive). So... in my screwed up head I've determined that I should have a bfp with a more sensitive test TODAY!! lol. I know, I know, but i feel no pregnancy symptoms and my O date was uncharacteristically super late this month and we didn't bd on cd 20 which was O day.

Have you all determined that I'm completely nuts yet? Well, you're right. I'm hopeless. The worst part is that my hubby is completely fed up with my obsessing so this is it. If I have a bfn this month I need to get a grip and stop temping and charting and opking and hpting and waiting for implantation bleeding and hoping that my boobs are sore.

Here's to good thoughts, vibes, and baby dust to all.

Married to my wonderful hubby since 12/31/08 and have been ttc for over a year. We have suffered one terribly disheartening ectopic that terminated on 9/25/09.
#130 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Welcome Iheartmyfamily! You're in the right place, we're all nuts! To be fair, I was already nuts before I started TTC.

I was just with a group of moms where a couple know I had one mc, (most don't) and my one best friend knows of the whole stinkin' mess. Somehow someone asked me when I'm having more kids.........Pffffffffft. Why do they have to go there?
They all had such lovely suggestions to help with TTC and all have several children. Unfortunately I am already doing most of the things. They all started shouting out helpful suggestions and I just wanted to crawl into a hole. Now I feel like a heel when they were just trying to help.
Ahhh well...back to me....4DPO!! Yawnnnn

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#131 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM

welcome, iheartmyfamily! so sorry for your loss. you're in the right place for support - we are all too familiar with being nuts! also if this helps you, maerynpearl got a BFP with her daughter at 6 dpo, but this pregnancy not till 12 dpo, so don't lose heart! also, my daughter was a BFN at 11 dpo but digital BFP at 12 dpo. for you!

enigo, uuugh, your life is full of ppl who just don't know when to shut up, huh?

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
#132 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM

To think...if I would have stopped with DS I may have been one of those people. He was conceived on the first try, just think what an arrogant jerk I could have been! Too late now. The innocence has been lost!!

Oh I can't wait to be knocked up cycle buddies with Nanette!!

You know it's funny, after mc #1 my aunt told me she had 2 miscarriages between her DS#1 and the other two. As a kid I remeber thinking it was odd that my cousin (her DS#1) was so much older than his two younger sisters.

#133 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmyfamily View Post
Hi!!! I'm a newbie to this thread

Have you all determined that I'm completely nuts yet? Well, you're right. I'm hopeless. The worst part is that my hubby is completely fed up with my obsessing so this is it.

Here's to good thoughts, vibes, and baby dust to all.
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome to our little thread. I can tell that you're going to fit in real well with us I added you to the front page. Let me know if you want me to change your info or anything. to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
came on to see nanette's update about the IUI and found the great news from jessica! congratulations!!!! we've been doing well this winter, ladies. we are having at least one grad a month. go us!

nanette, that the IUI does it! i am so glad that things looked so good in there and it seems like the timing was right on.

afm nothing interesting, CD8 and biding my time. no OPKs or HPTs in the house... should probably fix that soon. trip to dollar tree this weekend perhaps!
AWWW thanks YYYM! And I do think that a trip to dollar tree is in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
They all had such lovely suggestions to help with TTC and all have several children.
Ahhh well...back to me....4DPO!! Yawnnnn
Seriously- where do you pick these people up?? I would have seriously injured one or more of them by now. And how are you feeling at 4dpo????

AFM- Just been lurking. Nothing to report post IUI, except the HCG trigger is making me nauseous as hell, but whatever it takes! Timing looks good, nothing to do now but sit back and wait. Have I mentioned I hate waiting?

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#134 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Seriously- where do you pick these people up?? I would have seriously injured one or more of them by now. And how are you feeling at 4dpo????

AFM- Just been lurking. Nothing to report post IUI, except the HCG trigger is making me nauseous as hell, but whatever it takes! Timing looks good, nothing to do now but sit back and wait. Have I mentioned I hate waiting?
Nanette, we must have cross posted.
All but one of these people are more like acquaintances. I guess any time you hang with moms and kids the topic of more babies is bound to come up, especially since I am the only one with only one kid.

I feel the same as usual. Although I was immensly tired today. The weather is windy and dreary so that may be it.
Strangely yesterday I made a new brand of oatmeal (So I can't compare it) and it tasted like soap. Today as I was driving I smelled beer or some sort of fermented something. I don't drink and I was in the car with only DS. Anyhoo I rolled the window down and it turns out it was the car next to me!!

Both great signs for me, but the fact that it is only 4 dpo, I'm not counting it. When I get the metal taste in my mouth then I will know for sure. (I get that with every pregnancy except the last)

#135 of 404 Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Thank you thank you everyone. I'm sending everyone TONS of baby dust with plenty of sticky to get you a healthy beautiful baby at the end. Hoping I have two more announcements from this list in the very near future!

enigo - I've got my fingers crossed that FF leaves your chart alone and your CH's stay firm. with the smells. I think that anyone who offers random suggestions to someone TTC has not been TTC very long themselves or never had to. I've heard some random TTC advice, like leaving a lamp on during sex!? Yep.

Nanette - I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that I was happy your going along well this cycle. I think I'd have a really hard time sticking myself, I could probably do it to anyone else though.

YYYM - Woo 8DPO, yes a pee stick run is in order!

iheartmyfamily - Welcome! I still have those thoughts, about how big my baby would be. I'd have a 4 year old and a 1 month old if things worked out differently. It's hard not to imagine yourself in the situation you'd be in, I guess it's really part of the process of dealing with a loss like that.
I don't think your hopeless. TTC makes the best of us a tad crazy but that's just how it is.

Beloved - and IKWYM

I'm sorry if I've forgotten anyone!!

AFM - I've suppressed the overwhelming urge to tell people so far. Today I'm glad I've not called anyone. I've only told my DH and you guys! I feel like I need to just have this to myself for awhile. I called and made an appointment with my midwives. They are going to do a 7 week scan for me. Nervous as hell about that. I need to call the RE and see what they want to do if anything. My levels have always been fine, m/c or not so it seems like blood work would be sort of moot point. It would only be semi reassuring, but we'll see what they want to do. Very crampy feeling today, good crampy, I know that uterus twitching feeling. Every time I feel something slightly wet I'm running to the bathroom expecting the worse. Praying for morning sickness to come and kick my butt. So I'm just in that other waiting place, that 3 week wait to see if we have a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#136 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
apricot, holy cow! any update? maybe just a weird cycle?
CD1, baby! Off to see the gyn on the 18th.

#137 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Had to run in here this morning and put my 98.5 into FF!
I said I would quit temping after FF confirmed O, but I can't now. I'm in too deep.

and...you'd think I was new at this TTC with my newfound hope, and I know it's only 5dpo...(yawwwn!) but check out this month's chart overlaid with my last pregnant chart!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Now I have to keep temping until the bitter (sushi) end

I apologize for the unbridled optimism, it'll be gone in a week.

#138 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jessica, WOWZA!!!! and to your sticky little bean! I plan to have the same attitude: saying you're pregnant today. Embrace it! I'm so excited for you!!!

enigo, yay for optimism!!! and

afm - February vacation this week, and Carlyle is here! woohoooooo! It's auntie time(x2 now)!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#139 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM

oops, did i say 8 dpo? i meant day 8. day 9 now, waiting around till fertile cm shows up. need opks!

apricot - phew!

jessica -

enigo - sounds very, veeerrrry good. look at that overlay! stay up, temp!!

#140 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 PM

YYYM It is purty ain't it? Thank gawd I finally Oed, my FF expires in 11 days. I mean with a 13 day LP that is down to the wire. I simply can't obsess properly without VIP

#141 of 404 Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 PM

That is a pretty chart enigo! I am hopeful for you too.

DH and I had some pretty great and really half asleep BDing this morning and we both failed to wake up enough to be responsible. And I don't even really care. Now that I know getting pregnant doesn't mean I can't get my dental work done (although my pain relief methods would be different), I am just not as worried about it happening. I am so freaking tired of obsessing, which I even managed to do in regard to avoiding. Let me tell ya, nothing sets the mood like hitting your DH in the arm to remind him to avoid.

I had the crappiest week. I found out my dentist is so backed up now because of all the winter weather that my appointment isn't until April 7th. My bestest friend, who has a long time girlfriend, called to tell me she is 7 weeks pregnant. She slept with her ex fiance over xmas. I was one of the last people to know. Then yesterday I got a call that another close friend of ours is pregnant which wouldn't be a big deal because I rarely ever see her, but over the next two months I will be sharing a 10 hour car ride with her, then an entire weekend in Dallas for the bachelorette party, and then we're bridesmaids together in April. And she is one of those people that doesn't have a filter. She just says whatever comes to mind, no matter how hateful or inappropriate it may be which makes me just dread the whole ordeal because she has a good track record for hurting my feelings.

On the plus side, I am going to a birth junkies get together in a few hours and I can't wait. It's really just a bunch of doulas and other folks from the birth network hanging out around food but it's my kind of Saturday. I took DH to a dad panel the other night where 5 dads shared their birth experiences and he actually enjoyed himself. It opened up an amazing conversation between the two of us and left us both so much more ready for a nice, healing, and uneventful pregnancy and birth.

Hope you ladies are having a great weekend so far and that you are all swept off your feet tomorrow!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#142 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 AM

Well, looks like I O'ed on CD 17 (today) and DP and I have been BDing the Valentine's weekend away!

Please St. Valentine, let us have a Valentine's Day conception!

Happy Day everybody!
#143 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
My bestest friend, who has a long time girlfriend, called to tell me she is 7 weeks pregnant. She slept with her ex fiance over xmas. I was one of the last people to know. Then yesterday I got a call that another close friend of ours is pregnant which wouldn't be a big deal because I rarely ever see her, but over the next two months I will be sharing a 10 hour car ride with her, then an entire weekend in Dallas for the bachelorette party, and then we're bridesmaids together in April. And she is one of those people that doesn't have a filter. She just says whatever comes to mind, no matter how hateful or inappropriate it may be which makes me just dread the whole ordeal because she has a good track record for hurting my feelings.
Oh man, I can so relate. Sorry . Announcements are coming out of the woodwork it seems. I skipped a baby shower today.
#144 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 AM

I had to go to one about 2 wks after my first mc, my neighbor's sister. Man I was just so numb. I was actaully astounded that my neighbor would even invite me to a baby shower knowing the hell I had just been through. The baby mama initially didn't even want the baby. Long story, but she had stolen the husband (baby daddy) of a friend of hers and gotten pregnant. Then wanted a girl, and ended up with a boy. (oh the horror)
Anyhoo, if she hadn't been pregnant I would have hit her. She now has an incredibly beautiful little boy about a year old.

I'm not sure of the protocol in inviting someone who has been trying for a long time or who has just lost a baby, but to be knowingly left out would have hurt too. Although in my case, I barely knew the baby mama at the time.

Also today my temp went from 98.5 to 98.48 Yawwwn! Come on let's see some action!
I was thinking this morning that charting is like being on a roller coaster. WHen you get a sharp drop, you feel the same way as if you were dropping on a roller coaster. You might even puke.

I sure hope we caught it this cycle because DH mentioned that he might start staying up in West Palm 2 nights a week. He's been working up there and it is an hour or more drive each way. It sucks for him when he gets off at 7pm and has to drive all the way home.
It sucks for me because if it's time to DTD he may be gone. Ahhh crud!

#145 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 10:11 AM

Oh enigo, maybe your one of those who is more fertile after a m/c, I hope so

I am just hanging out on cd something or another, still bleeding in a light way. This was a light af except one day (which was extremely heavy) I am glad she is almost gone. I was even able to dance this morning. We will see about next month, three psychics predicted November for me, I thought maybe it was a conception in Nov, but if I got knocked up this cycle I would be due November. We are on a break ( a TTC break) so I am not sure how it would happen. DH and I can forget to be careful though.

#146 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Jeeze I hope so!

Beloved, I swear that's how most normal people get pregnant. They don't know what cd they are on and they forget to be careful! Sounds like a recipe for a baby. Heck it's probably quicker that way.
That's how I ended up pregnant last year. We were out of town and it had messed up my cycle, we ended up BDing a week or more after what I thought had been my fertile time, and voila! I wasn't charting back then.

#147 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 10:26 AM

Actually, if we got pregnant now it would be bad timing. We need to be on the road to getting our finances straight before I get pregnant. We are starting Dave Ramsey classes and will be working on paying down our debt, then we will both feel like we are on the same side with this $$ thing. Then there will be less tension around it and a baby would be more welcome. That said, I believe that things happen for a reason and if I was to get preggo this month I would be very happy. I am just concerned for aour marriage if this were to happen this month, so I do intend to take this month off. I hope you make it in the Nov DDC

#148 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Oh enigo, maybe your one of those who is more fertile after a m/c, I hope so

Enigo, I hope this is both our months! This is my first cycle after a 12week MC and I would love a november baby.

I don't know what people say you're more fertile but I'd rather hear that than the opposite.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#149 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 06:19 PM

Hey finnegansmom, what's say we all run over to the Nov due date this month?

If I get pregnant this cycle my due date would be Nov 1. My dad's birthday is Halloween. How cool would that be?

I'm starting to get a sore throat. Man I hope I don't get sick. Plus I can't properly obsess if my temps are up, but I'm sick. I took it a little while ago and it was 98.84. Not that that means anything in the middle of the day.
I also realized that with tomorrow being 7dpo, my temps can either go up (yay! temps are up!) or down (oooh could this be an implantation dip?) and I'll still be OK.
Wow I'm strangely positive. Oh that's right, week one of the TWW...I forgot.

Beloved It'll happen when it's the best time. I know it will.

#150 of 404 Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Happy Valentines Day! just wanted to say hello and send hugs and crossed fingers and fun bding to all the ladies.

afm: tomorrow will be 10dpo and I have my first doc/pap appointment here in Austria!!! I also realized that after this cycle we will have been trying for a full 18 months (not including the six months of unprotected sex before that). So many months of trying and so many years of looking forward to trying. Its hard to imagine that I'll ever get pregnant but also really comforting to know that I'm ACTUALLY starting the process of getting some help.

: )
Lapis

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page