~*Bitter Sushi Ladies - FEBRUARY*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the February Thread, Ladies!!!!

Most of us are former TTC 6+ Month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well... we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... but we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

Some of us have gotten a little quieter lately... there is only so much you can post in the "I want to be PG, but I'm not" category. However we are here in spirit and most likely LURKING!

Trying to keep up with past BSLs who have made it to the glorious Other Side? Here is the current thread to stalk BSL grads in I'm Pregnant. May we all move on to the I'm Pregnant thread and eventually need a Life with a Babe thread!

~Current Bitter Sushi Ladies~

Apricot - married 10 years, homebirth midwife, TTC since 11/08, m/c 4/09 and ectopic 12/09. Waiting 6 months to try again to allow my tube to heal.

BarefootGirl - TTC using Clomid to combat anovulatory cycles, m/c at 5 weeks 11/09.

BelovedK - Mama of 2 (14yo DS, 9yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her DH than TTC.

Allison- Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers. Newlywed to David. TTC our 1st together since 2005. Forever missing Piper Quinn. Just got through HSG and 1st round of Clomid this month.

*Christel* - TTC with DH for two years and two months. Trying Clomid.

Court - TTC #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, Madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the Pacific Northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto IVF in the distant future.

enigo - TTC #2 with DS (06/06), mc 2/09 & mc 10/09.

fierbugg - TTC #1 for 9 years, losses 8/00, 5/04, and 1/07. Currently on a TTC break, getting life back in order and awaiting hormone testing to help figure out what's going on!

finnegansmom - TTC #3 since July 2009, one 3 y/o, one 18 m/o and a recent in December of 09

Grahnola Mum - Loving our wonderful family of me, DH and DD (12/07). TTC #2 since 11/08 with four losses.

hsmamato2 - TTC for over 8 months and appreciative of a space to vent out that bitterness!

iheartmyfamily - TTC #1 for 14 months with one

JustKiya - Married to my darling DH for 5.5 years, TTC#1 since March 2007, diagnosed with PCOS in 06/08, on Metformin since, one CP.

kel32brown - KelliSue, upstate NY mama, warmly married to FarmBoy and raising 5 little ones.

KellyTTC#1 - TTC#1 since June 2007. Currently hoping and waiting for IUI#2.

kparker - Waiting to be Ready. TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now on hold due to DH no longer wanting children.

ladyjools - I'm a 25 year old Scottish girl with DH for nearly 6 years and TTC for 5. We lost our baby boy, Samson, at 16 weeks in July and are now TTC again.

lapis - TTC #1 for over a year. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the TTC vacuum.

LuvMyWestie- TTC for 2 years with no clear diagnosis, m/c 10/08.

mamamerle
- TTC #3 after taking 17 months to conceive #2. Hoping the magical Clomid/Gonal-F/IUI combination will work again!

MI_Dawn
- TTC a rainbow baby after losing baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

millefleur- A 33 year old aspiring baby mama in upstate NY. Happily unmarried to DP for 5 years. 9 week m/c 12/08. TTC again since 6/09.

Nanette56 - Wife (29) of 8 years to DH (31) , Mother to DS (5), TTC #2 with PCOS. One loss February 2010.

praying4baby - TTC #1 for over a year, loss late 2009.

Rachwms - TTC #2 since 2006

Rochelleann- TTC #2 since 2008 with loooong irregular cycles.

Schae
- wife to T and mama to Luka. m/c in 2007. TTC #2 with PCOS since 3/09, 2 m/c in 2009.

SimplyRochelle - TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Tear78 - 31 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. TTC #1 since May 2008, m/c 12/08 and 2/09. Seeking medical help and trying to remember when hope was strong and healthy.

YummyYumYumMama - TTC #2 since 3/09 and still holding out hope for a 2010 baby!

Recent BFPs!
Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick....

jessica_s -TTC #2 since 10/08, due 10/23/10.
jillc512 - TTC #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
Jelinifer - TTC #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 5/22/10.
Rhiannon09 - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 6/?/10 with twins!
Pinoikoi - TTC #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10.
Lisko15 - TTC #1 (or #3) for 14 months, due 6/26/10.
colorbywords - TTC #1 for 13 months, due 8/?/10.
LZP - TTC #1 for 17 months, due 8/10/10.
MaerynPearl - TTC #3 (or #1) for 6 cycles over 2 years, due 9/14/10.
aidanraynesmom - TTC #? for 5 cycles over 14 months, due 9/?/10.
Carlyle - TTC #2 for over 12 months, due 10/1/10.
Lyndzies - TTC #1 for 10 months, due 10/4/10.

Our Happy Graduates (from the 6+ Thread)

minsca - Seth ~ born 10/20/09 ~ 6 lbs 10 oz
KaliShanti - Zion Merciful ~ born 11/22/09 ~ 7 lbs 11 oz
Lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10
Valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10
Mrs_Lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

Check in with us when you can, Ladies!

And MrsTC We are thinking of you and hope all is well. PM one of us if you can!

Check out last month's thread here.

(Please let me know if your first page blurb needs to be updated in anyway. As well, new ladies are welcome, but please join with care.)

~~
[/QUOTE]

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't been a threadmistress in a while, so let me know if I messed anything up. I think I updated all the links, but kick me if I didn't. Let's have a wonderful baby filled February girls!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM

yay!!! thanks so much for the new thread. i really appreciate you taking it over! =)

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Nanette!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 PM

YAY for a new thread Thank you !!

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM

I have been waiting for the February thread to start so I could join in here.
Mostly I tend to lurk, although I have posted a few times lately.
My DH and I have been together for 5 years. Just got married this past October. We have pretty much been TTC since we got together.I have children from my first marriage and he also has a son from his first marriage, so the problem is we can not seem to have 1 together... We had one pregnancy that ended at 10 weeks and (though I know many of you have had more than 1 loss) it was not something I handled well at all. Pretty sure I had a nervous breakdown. It took almost exactly 2 years before I could wrap my head around really "Trying" again. We never did anything to avoid pregnancy during that time, but it was certainly never discussed or worked at.
Getting married seemed to bring a fresh ray of hope to things for us, and the fact that he has great insurance that allows us quite a bit of fertility treatment doesn't hurt ! Just did a whole bunch of tests last week, including the "Clomid Challenge", so I am seriously hormonal right now...
I am in the 2 week wait/waiting to know.

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
YYYM: spotting at 10dpo followed by a temp rise? Eeee! I have my hopes up for you...

and MI Dawn--the image of ewcm big enough to stretch with your hands is hilarious.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM

YYYM! Signs don't get any better than that! Well except for a BFP!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

WELCOME ALLISON!!

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all that. Congratulations on your marriage though, and very happy to hear you're back on the TTC wagon These are some great supportive ladies, and we're happy to have you here, but can't wait to kick you out to go to the DDCs!!! Keeping my for you this 2ww!

Old 02-02-2010, 03:40 PM

welcome allison! i'm sorry this journey has been so rough, but yay for insurance covering treatment! :fingerx for you.

thx (haha i just wrote thc) for the encouragement ladies! brown spotting went away and i feel absolutely awful. bad taste in my mouth and i'm so queasy i can barely keep from barfing. this has happened before in the past 11 months w/o meaning anything, but not with a temp pattern this nice at 11 dpo! i will take feeling miserable if someone is in here, but i am so worried it's another false alarm or worse, another cyst. only time will tell!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM

I am feeling so down today. I can't crawl out of this funk I have been in for the past week and seeing women returning to the one thread to ttc#2 that were due around the same time as the little one I lost has just added fuel to the flames. It's hard to be happy for them when I am still not a mommy. Since we aren't even getting a chance this month, I am trying to stay away from MDC a little more than usual but I'm not doing a very good job at it so far. I need friends irl that I can talk to about this.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM

rochelle, i can't imagine the bitterness you must feel at seeing the old names swing by who are now TTC#2. it is so unfair that you are still waiting. fertility is unfair in general. it is so awful that someone who wants and deserves it so badly has to struggle while plenty of unfit parents don't even have to try. i wish i could come visit and drink wine and eat chocolate with you and let you spew all that bitterness out. having someone to talk to would make a huge difference, i'm sure. your hubby sounds amazingly supportive, which is great, though a friend would be helpful too of course. just get it all out when you can, and remember we're here for you. and an MDC break can be healing sometimes! i often spend all my time on BSLs, as the one thread (though full of ppl i adore) can bum me out.

so many ladies here have watched as people dip in and out of the thread with BFPs and felt that bitter feeling as they too have had to look back on the long journey and their losses with no baby to show for it. i wish it didn't have to be that way for anyone here (or at all), but at least you're in good company. i'm sending the best vibes that it happens soon with a sticky baby.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm sorry Rochelle. That sucks.

Welcome, Allison! Sorry you're here...

Fingers Crossed YYYM.

ATM - I had sushi on Saturday. It was nummmmmy. I had stuff you're not supposed to eat when preggers - high mercury whatever. I didn't care. So there.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Thanks ladies for letting me get all my bitterness out here. I would lose my mind without MDC. I found a group in my area called Birth Junkies of Northwest Arkansas and I am going to go hang out with them next Saturday. Most of them are doulas and midwives with babies of their own so I am hoping I don't feel too out of place, but I know a few of them are ttc so hopefully I will make some new friends.

Apricot, how's the healing going? I said I was going to go out and do all kinds of pregnancy no-no's these next few weeks since there won't be a single chance I'm pregnant.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 02-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WTF?! Super early. I'm....so.....tiiiiiired. Nanette, thanks for the new thread! everybody. YYYM, eee, c'mon bfp! ok....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
WTF?! Super early. I'm....so.....tiiiiiired. Nanette, thanks for the new thread! everybody. YYYM, eee, c'mon bfp! ok....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
That means you get to TTC sooner though doesnt it?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies ! It's been a rough day...the crazy hormones from the Clomid Challenge, combined with the fact that we are getting ready to move and my house is completely upside down pretty much has me feeling slightly insane. I am hiding in my room playing on the computer because I am being mean to everyone and I don't want to be doing that !
Hopefully the distraction of packing and other moving preparations will keep me busy during the Two Week Wait and it won't drag too horribly. I am excited that where we are moving is going to be only a few blocks from the Fertility Doctors office I have been going to. They will also be my Obstetricians when we finally get pregnant and since I am completely willing to admit that I will be both terrified and paranoid it's nice to know how close we will be. It's so bizarre how this journey has changed me...I have always been very anti-doctor/anti-interventions/anti-medication and I still am with basic health care etc, but for the sake of getting knocked up and safely getting a baby earthside, I am willing to let them pretty much do whatever it takes !

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 AM

AArrgghhhh!!! My chart is awful this month, and DH and I have had a dry spell when it comes to BD, there has been tension between us and it keeps snowing, and it is so cold

OK, complaining aside, I may get the video of my dance today( another kind of baby dance ) I'll share it in this thread I am also going to get to hang out with two of my best friends today. One for lunch and one coffee this morning. I am getting to do a reading for my friend over coffee, I am looking forward to that

I guess it will be good to have a month off from obsessing. I don't think I will O this month

Thinking of y'all Welcome to all of the newcomers!! and let's get crankin' on those Feb. BFPs

Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM

Thanks Nanette : )

YYYM and Carlyle: i'm crossing my fingers for you ladies!

Simply Rochelle: hugs to you! and sounds like a cool birth group. when i lived in DC they had a group for birth professionals, pregnant/wanting to be pregnant women and new moms/birth lovers: it was such an awesome mix of people, i really think having all kinds of people from all different aspects of the birth continuum there made it a great place. there was even this doula dad who would come. anyhow, hope its fun!

celtic_angel: nice to have you here. so glad you have insurance that covers what you need!! yipee!

BelovedK: i'm sorry your charts aren't looking the way you'd like them too : ) i hope you get some good BD's of both kinds (baby and belly dances) in soon. hugs hugs and hugs.

Tear: you're getting closer....exciting!

and we're in the trying time : ) so hopefully doing enough bding. and as many of you know, i DID find some ewcm two days ago. also just set up an appointment with a new gyn for the 15th... and then i get tons of blood work done two days after that.... hormone, thyroid and everything else they do. i haven't had blood work done in way too long so this should be really helpful. also this new gyn is a man. i've never been to a guy and am a little nervous... any thoughts? i know TONS of women see a male gynecologist and even really like them sometimes (the family doctor said she really likes him and that he is very thorough and will take a lot of time with me... and if he sees that anything is up and needs attention he is on the ball.)

anyhow, more bding until my temp goes up...wish me luck! these would be october/november babies right now, right?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
these would be october/november babies right now, right?
Yes, which reminds me, my first early loss would have been due november 2008, man, I have been trying a long time.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM

beloved. stupid chart. but i can't wait to see that vid! and a month off WOULD be nice, wouldn't it?

celtic, good luck moving!

apricot and rochelle, that's the way to do it. i'm already looking forward to getting smashingly drunk this weekend. between AF and waiting to know, i usually enjoy being a non-pregnant adult as much as i can, and it rocks.

tear, does AF coming early affect anything in terms of TTC? i mean, where will you be in your cycle when your 6 weeks are up?

lapis, happy BDing!

how's everyone else? nanette, thinking of you this cycle and that you'll have some threadkeeper's luck!

afm, 12ish dpo. temp dropped a little, BFN, and i feel soooooooooo menstrual this morning and irritated/annoyed/JUST PLAIN STUPID about getting my hopes up for another false alarm. i'm so moody and emotional and i couldn't even tell my husband why because he's a butthead and won't get it, and i'm just not in the mood to do ANYTHING today. we have some riesling (my fav wine) in the fridge and i sort of want to have some right now at 9 am. don't worry, i won't! i'm not that bad, it's just tempting. DD's also very, VERY terrible 2s today, and i just am not able to keep up today. i think this is going to be a video-watching day for her, which makes me feel like a horrible mom, but i NEED a day off and at least it's just videos and not anything with commercials or something. i'm taking it hard and i'm not even out yet. i just want to cry and hide under the covers. so hormonal. oh also 900 of my friends are pregnant and they're all just so PREGNANT all over the place, which is awesome and fuzzy and shiny and GREAT but i am just not in the mood because my uterus feels like it's about to explode and expel all its lining in one fell swoop.

i'm happy about Oing earlier, having BEAUTIFUL and textbook EWCM, and having higher temps in my LP. it's gonna happen someday and i can't control when. i'm just so fricking moody today and i'm so not in the mood for menstrual cramps. oh another positive thing? i'm seeing one of my best friends tonight and she's a massage therapist, and i'm getting on the table for an hour massage. that'll be so awesome. she works at the same place as my AP (who i won't see till monday) and i so wanted to leave her a BFP note today and tell her it worked! but oh well. UGH so grouchy. okay, sorry ladies. i will shut up now and stop whining. thanks for being here ladies.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I am feeling so down today. I can't crawl out of this funk I have been in for the past week and seeing women returning to the one thread to ttc#2 that were due around the same time as the little one I lost has just added fuel to the flames.
Rochelle, I'm so sorry you're in a funk. We can all relate to the heartbreak of TTCing for what seems like FOREVER. And seeing all our friends and relatives get pregnant like the minute they start trying. I have two pregnant friends coming over superbowl Sunday They're both due around the same time. And they both got pregnant on the first try, one was the month after she got of BC. So I feel your bitterness, anger and pain. Wish I could just be happy for them, but it's very hard not to be envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
ATM - I had sushi on Saturday. It was nummmmmy. I had stuff you're not supposed to eat when preggers - high mercury whatever. I didn't care. So there.
MMMM. SUSHI. I think I'll have that for lunch!!! Thanks for giving me the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_angel View Post
I am excited that where we are moving is going to be only a few blocks from the Fertility Doctors office I have been going to. They will also be my Obstetricians when we finally get pregnant and since I am completely willing to admit that I will be both terrified and paranoid it's nice to know how close we will be. It's so bizarre how this journey has changed me...I have always been very anti-doctor/anti-interventions/anti-medication and I still am with basic health care etc, but for the sake of getting knocked up and safely getting a baby earthside, I am willing to let them pretty much do whatever it takes !
1) Moving sucks! Well the unpacking probably sucks more than the packing part... and
2) I WISH WISH WISH my RE could also be my OB. Unfortunately once they get you pregnant they keep you only for a month or two to monitor and then send you on your merry way . So that's GREAT news that you get the two-in-one deal IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
OK, complaining aside, I may get the video of my dance today( another kind of baby dance ) I'll share it in this thread
I'm so happy we'll get to see your dance Beloved! I've been waiting and waiting for you to post the video! The pictures looked sooo good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
i haven't had blood work done in way too long so this should be really helpful. also this new gyn is a man. i've never been to a guy and am a little nervous... any thoughts?
anyhow, more bding until my temp goes up...wish me luck! these would be october/november babies right now, right?
Good Luck Lapis!!! When I got pregnant with DS, my OB was a guy. I now recognize he was one of the best OBs on the planet. He was funny, and he personally delivered the baby, it wasn't a giant office with 7 doctors. He sat and watched Buffy with DH while I was in labor. Every so often he would sit up and say, are you done yet? I have other patients you know... It wasn't funny at the time but He was great. I was nervous the first time I went to see him, but they're pretty clinical, and I think they make the husbands feel more at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
how's everyone else? nanette, thinking of you this cycle and that you'll have some threadkeeper's luck!

i'm happy about Oing earlier, having BEAUTIFUL and textbook EWCM, and having higher temps in my LP. it's gonna happen someday and i can't control when. i'm just so fricking moody today and i'm so not in the mood for menstrual cramps. oh another positive thing? i'm seeing one of my best friends tonight and she's a massage therapist, and i'm getting on the table for an hour massage. that'll be so awesome. she works at the same place as my AP (who i won't see till monday) and i so wanted to leave her a BFP note today and tell her it worked! but oh well. UGH so grouchy. okay, sorry ladies. i will shut up now and stop whining. thanks for being here ladies.
Thanks YYYM! This cycle is turning into a bust though, so I doubt it

Those are some great positives- it really sounds like the acupuncture stuff is working!! That's great! I haven't stalked your chart yet today, so I'll check- sorry you're feeling hormonal, it's so hard to be junked up on hormones and take care of a kiddo at the same time, it DOES make you feel guilty to sit them in front of a movie, but you shouldn't be. Mommies need a break every once in a while. Wait till noon and then drink the Riesling

AFM- Bad bad news from the nurse at my follie scan. She could only find one 11mm follie (I think it was more like 10) on my R ovary, and none worth even an honorable mention on my left. The double dose of Femara should have pushed up my ovulation by a bit, so we should be seeing AT LEAST one 16mm follie, (more like 2 or three on the dose I am on) and there was NOTHING. She said "what is going on with your ovaries girl?" They're going to call me this afternoon and give me the results of my estrogen test, and probably have me come in and re-check in a few days. She said they may have to switch my medication and move me to injectables, which I didn't want to do. We had a freakin' plan!!! And my body is broken, so it's shot to hell. I'm so sad/depressed/angry...I don't know which emotion to focus on. I know you guys can relate. Can't seem to stop today, and I have so much damn work to do. I'm miserable, and this cycle looks like it was a complete waste.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM

i'm sorry to hear that, nanette! can they try a different med combo before switching to injectables? i know that for some people different meds just provide the magic trick needed to stim the follies to the right size and get the egg to launch at the perfect time and size. i hope your re-check goes well. follies can grow 1-2 mm a day, so i hope that you get some better news when they check again. i've heard that some people don't have their ovulation pushed that far up, but their follies/eggs are still fine for launch, so i'm still for you that this cycle is NOT going to be a bust.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the words of encouragement YYYM. It's just really hard not to feel hopeless. I could tell the nurse was trying to be encouraging, and covered up her surprise at not finding anything bigger, but I saw through it. This is the highest dose the doc is willing to go on this drug, and the only other option is Clomid, and there is such a high rate of m/c on it for women with PCOS (because of the uterine lining issue) that I'm scared that would be worse than the injects. I just don't know. I guess I need to sit down and have yet another talk with the doc about modifying our little plan. I just need to get through TODAY, and I'll be ready to fight another day.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Ugh. That totally stinks Nanette! So sorry. Would a clomid and progesterone combo work for you since that would help with the lining problem? I hope you don't even have to think about it and that one egg is all you need!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM

do what you need to do to get through this day and know that you have a fantastic RE who is willing to work with you. you'll figure this out!

okay so, i just thought of an analogy for TTC that is dorky but i figured i'd share.

TTC is sort of like looking for a job. you keep going through this cycle of job hunting, interviewing, and hoping that you've done the best you can, and all you can do is wait and see if they give it to you. and sometimes they don't, over and over and over, for months and months, and you wonder if you'll EVER find a job. you start to feel disillusioned, especially when you've done EVERYTHING right, your resume looks perfect, you thought you NAILED the interview, and... they didn't give it to you. several times in a row.

and you look at people who have your dream job or are making tons of money, and you wonder, WHY NOT ME, while struggling to tell yourself that their success has no impact on yours. you know that you can do absolutely everything right, but at the end of the day you really don't have control over whether or not you get hired. and you just have to keep at it until something comes up, or you have to contemplate a different path like a field change or going back to school or something else entirely that you may not have wanted to consider at all.

people keep telling you that you're competent and that you'll find something, but as the months pass and nothing happens, you begin to doubt yourself and whether or not anything will come up. are you doing something wrong? or do you just have bad luck?

as i said, it's super dorky and OBVIOUSLY full of flaws, but i was thinking of this the other day and i think there are certain similarities. just because they are two situations where you can try and try and do everything right and not get anywhere, while other people just sort of fall into it without having to try at all. not anywhere close to a perfect analogy, but oh well.

anyway. was thinking about this as a friend and her hubby have been searching frantically for a job since july with very little luck. not everyone can relate to TTC woes, but i know a lot of people can relate to the frustration of the job hunt!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM

I have been TTC since my first one was born 2006....but trying HARD for over a year now.

I went through a whole year and all my money with an EVIL reproductive endocrinologist...who...if I had BOTHERED to do a google of this lady, has a TERRIBLE reputation of being stupid and mean.

I have stopped taking meds for almost three months now.

The other RE I could see is an hours drive.

My husband has super low count and terrible morphology on the SA and refuses to quit smoking, athough he did give up his tighty whities.

Most of the time I still have hope, but not today.

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM

hi rach! i'm so sorry to hear of your struggle and your mean RE. that's awful. is your husband willing to take supplements like maca or arginine (or whatever it's called)? maybe that will help with his sperm issues if he's not willing to give up the cigs? in any case i hope you find support here!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:57 PM

So, I slept until NOON ! Either I'm knocked up, or the Clomid hormones are kicking my a$$ worse than I thought....
Oh yeah, and the whole night I was dreaming about pregnancy tests...
In the dreams I could see a second line, but DH couldn't and so I was getting more and more frustrated until I started throwing teacups at him~~
What the ???????
I think I have "officially" become obsessed

Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM

i had wacked out dreams last night too. we met this celebrity (who doesn't exist - i even remember writing out his name so i could search him on facebook and couldn't find him), and he was soooooooo sexy and beautiful and sweet. just like... perfect. my dream man. lol. anyway he was so friendly and adorable and i kept telling my husband that i was sorry but i had a huge crush on this guy. and we were hanging out in some big hotel or something? anyway it was hugely detailed and so very strange, and we all had these waldorf dolls made of us that would pose in pictures as us and then the pictures would show up as us and not the dolls... and the guy (i wish i could remember his name) disappeared and told me to call him and i didn't have his number. then i saw a picture of a whole group of us on facebook so i was excited about adding him, and then i realized that the picture included an online friend of mine who i've never met, and i was so upset that she was somehow there and i didn't meet her.

i don't know, it was weird, looks even weirder written out. i have wacky dreams a lot, but i sure hope yours is a pregnancy symptom!

User Tag List