Pills to increase your chance of conceiving? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Beautiful Ladies,
I had a friend tell me that she used Pregnalene (sp?) and it helped her get pregnant. It's a vitiman/supplement pill. She said she bought it at a vitiman store. However when I went in to get the pills, they didn't carry it. I'll have to see if she got it at another location.

Here's my question:
Have you heard of any supplements (besides prenatal vitimans --which I already take) to help your body get ready to become pregnant? I know that prenatals give you extra vitimans and don't necessarily "get you pregnant". But have you heard of anything to "help" get you pregnant that's not a prescription?

Thanks!

: A loss on Earth is an angel gained in Heaven. TTC 2+ yr Angel 10/08
#2 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Best to talk to an herbologist about that. Some people try vitex, and some try Maca, and some just skip the herbs and go straight to RE prescribed Clomid pills.

It really does depend on what is keeping you from getting pregnant. Some things might make your own situation worse, while helping another. It depends on the root cause.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#3 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:35 PM

I agree with kel. If you're not sure of a problem, I would leave it alone or talk to a professional.

ETA: I did a quick Google search, could what your friend took be pregnenolone? It's actually a steroid hormone. Personally, I wouldn't go near it unless it was recommended by a doctor/professional.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#4 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM

this is not my area of expertise by any means, but yeah, i bet there are a whole lot of things out there that claim to help you get pregnant. clearly, there is a market for it, look at all of us here, we'd do a lot of things if they promised to get us pg! just be very cautious, especially of what you take into your body when you are trying to conceive!

there is a lot of info on the web about vitamins increasing chances of conception, and on like the vitex that a lot of these gals take. it seems like the b vits and some of the trace minerals are especially important, to get pg and to help stay pg. i just googled "folic acid increased chance of conception" and a bunch of stuff came up. you could do some research like that too.

i actually just heard someone suggesting men take prenatal vits too, so their swimmers have good strong dna material. im not sure if there is good data on that or not, but i dont think it could hurt.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#5 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 PM

There are a lot of herbs, supplements and natural therapies to help prepare your body for conception. Before embarking on a self-diagnosis, it really is best to know what fertility challenges you face (if any) and what you are interested in doing. Below is a list of herbs that are good for general fertility.

Fertility Tonic Herbs
Nettles
Red Clover
Red Raspberry
Oat Straw
Lemon Balm
Skullcap
Rose Hips

Hormonal Balancing Herbs
Vitex
Dong Quai
Maca
False Unicorn
Wild Yam
Squaw Vine

Before choosing any herb it is best to research it throughly. Herbs actions are real and if you choose the wrong plant you may mess your menstrual cycle up. Working with an herbalist in your area would be best.

I am an herbalist. Knowing your goals and fertility challenges is important before choosing any options- natural or medical.

If you would like to learn more about herbs for fertility go to this link: http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-herbs

Caution: I do not suggest taking fertility herbs with fertility medications.

Best Wishes,

Dalene Barton

Herbalist, CD Mother of 2 boys, age 11 and 9
#6 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Also, Licorice Root....it acts as a natural Clomid. I've only started taking it because I have a luteal phase defect and the doc has told me that she thinks I"m not ovulating.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#7 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyWestie View Post
Hello Beautiful Ladies,
I had a friend tell me that she used Pregnalene (sp?) and it helped her get pregnant. It's a vitiman/supplement pill. She said she bought it at a vitiman store. However when I went in to get the pills, they didn't carry it. I'll have to see if she got it at another location.

Here's my question:
Have you heard of any supplements (besides prenatal vitimans --which I already take) to help your body get ready to become pregnant? I know that prenatals give you extra vitimans and don't necessarily "get you pregnant". But have you heard of anything to "help" get you pregnant that's not a prescription?

Thanks!
Everybody's already offered you the professional advice so I'll offer my anecdotal experience . I had a (self-diagnosed) luteal defect, low BBT, and weak cervical fluid. I researched for weeks and decided to take FertilAid which has vitex, B-complex vitamins, folic acid, and other goodness. I noticed an immediate boost in every way although my next cycle using the pills was wonky, which can be expected. After three months on the pills, my cycle is predictable and my luteal phase lasts 14-15 days.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

#8 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM

I have heard of pregnenolone... I also would steer clear unless you receive a recommendation to take it.

Chaste Tree extract is really good for fresh plumpy eggs, and for general fertility support: black currant seed oil, your omega-3/6/9s. Also, I would suggest Symplex F from Standard Process, which balances your hormones, and is made from whole food sources (literally whole food, just compressed down to pill form), and minimally processed. I am about to graduate as a Doctor of Chiropractic, so I try and steer clear of anything artificial, unless it is a last resort. I highly recommend checking out Standard Process supplements... I've had really great success with them, and know many many many people who also have had great success. (www.standardprocess.com)

Good luck!
#9 of 10 Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiahallyson View Post

I have heard of pregnenolone... I also would steer clear unless you receive a recommendation to take it.

Chaste Tree extract is really good for fresh plumpy eggs, and for general fertility support: black currant seed oil, your omega-3/6/9s. Also, I would suggest Symplex F from Standard Process, which balances your hormones, and is made from whole food sources (literally whole food, just compressed down to pill form), and minimally processed. I am about to graduate as a Doctor of Chiropractic, so I try and steer clear of anything artificial, unless it is a last resort. I highly recommend checking out Standard Process supplements... I've had really great success with them, and know many many many people who also have had great success. (www.standardprocess.com)

Good luck!

But isn't Symplex-F made from dried bovine glands (pituatary, thyroid and adrenal)? How is it wholefood?

#10 of 10 Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM

I can not speak for everyone, but after the loss of our daughter, we tried for four years. In 2009, paid $4 for Nature's Way Vitex. I was pregnant literally 28 days later. I can not explain it. Or why. I was so shocked and shaking/crying. I bought them for pms. Didn't think I could get pregnant again (uterine trauma)...come to find out, it assists in leveling the hormones and can help you conceive. And I hear people paying so much more money for fertilaid and it contains chaste tree! I paid $4 :-) Goodluck in your journey. I am ttc again and just started vitex as well as a prenatal daily.

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page