Chances of conceiving with JUST one BD after O? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just because I want to obsess a little... anyone know of a website where I could find some stats on this? We had some scheduling issues this month with being able to BD and knowing WHEN to BD, and we ended up BDing just once the evening after O was later confirmed. I'm just curious about our chances. It'll help me decide how much I should or shouldn't get my hopes up Thanks in advance!

#2 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 AM

I don't know of a website...but I've read that, once released, the egg lasts 12-24 hours and sperm is AMAZING and can last up to SIX days in documented cases. So! If you BD'd in the days prior to O you could have a chance from that too! I'm crossing everything and praying for you!!!!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#3 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
shy

Well we dtd only ONCE during the last cycle in which I conveived. I think it was probably after O though I was not charting then and based this only on CM. In fact, based on CM, I was afriad I had missed the boat altogether, but then I got a bfp anyway. (Unf I lost that pregnancy.)

good luck to you!

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
#4 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM

I got pregnant (after TTC for 7 months and DTD a million times each month) when my DH was out of town on a business trip. We DTD before he left, almost a week before I ovulated. I ovulated while he was gone, a few days before he got back.

When I had an early ultrasound the baby measured exactly right for the date I thought I ovulated. And it's a girl, you know how studies say the girl spermies are stronger swimmers?

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#5 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 12:00 PM

I will be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow with a baby conceived on cd 17. I ovulated on cd 16 according to ff and when they did an early us at 8 weeks 1 day, it was confirmed. I only bd on cd 10 and cd 17 (at night). So, I say it is possible!
#6 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

These replies have been so encouraging!

stellamia: We only BD'd that one time at 0+1, and not before. Unless, of course, you count about two weeks before lol. Supersperms, perhaps????

Pepper44: Hey there! I'm on OD with you (lotus eater) lol. I had no idea Baby A was from a week before O! That's pretty miraculous.

I'm so glad to see that it really DOES happen that people conceive when they "miss" the O that month. Thank you all for these stories <333

#7 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 03:22 PM

I just did a quick search of pregnancy charts on ff where they only had sex O+1 and there were quite a few! I think you still have a good shot!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#8 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 03:42 PM

DD #2, who is now 4 1/2, was conceived this way. I could try to link my FF chart if you wanted to see it. I was convinced that we had no chance that month and was when we got the BFP.

So best of luck to you!!

DH 8.31.02 DD #1 1.14.03 DD #2 7.26.05 DD #3 12.7.07
#9 of 13 Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM

if it was indeed O+1 your chance is a bit less than half of what it would have been at O-1... because of the huge chance of totally missing the eggs viability window.

Its possible, its not hugely possible... but it is possible.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#10 of 13 Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I just did a quick search of pregnancy charts on ff where they only had sex O+1 and there were quite a few! I think you still have a good shot!
I didn't even think of that, lol. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedtchr View Post
DD #2, who is now 4 1/2, was conceived this way. I could try to link my FF chart if you wanted to see it. I was convinced that we had no chance that month and was when we got the BFP.

So best of luck to you!!
I'd love to see it if you could find it. Maybe you could put it on your home page as one of the charts that pops up? If it's too much trouble don't worry, though; I'll search through charts on FF for similar ones.

#11 of 13 Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 PM

I think this is the link to my FF page. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6adf9 If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else... (The chart should be for Nov. 2004). Looking back, I noticed that we did BD once earlier in the cycle, but I think it was too long before O (6 days) to have been The One.

DH 8.31.02 DD #1 1.14.03 DD #2 7.26.05 DD #3 12.7.07
#12 of 13 Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I think this is the link to my FF page. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6adf9 If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else... (The chart should be for Nov. 2004). Looking back, I noticed that we did BD once earlier in the cycle, but I think it was too long before O (6 days) to have been The One.
Ive heard of women bding 7 days before and still getting pregnant... totally possible.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#13 of 13 Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page