Please help - is there a line??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

Please help me out... AF is 5-7 days late, my breasts are tender, I'm not feeling bloated, and my face never broke out (to me, this is a dead giveaway).

However, I took a preg test with FMU on 2/15 and saw a faint (almost no) line, but looked after 10 minutes, so thought maybe it was an evap line.

I took another one today, (paying attention to the clock), and this is at 5 minutes. I think I see a line?

I schedule a dr's appointment, but they say they can't see me for another week because it's too early for them to tell. What do you see? And are there brands that I should try? (This is from early-pregnancy-tests.com, supposedly very sensitive).

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8448/021810.jpg

Karen
Wife to Ed, due 10/25/10, "mom" to 3 dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM

Yes, there's 2 pink lines there !! Congratulations!!! First Response Early Result is a popular brand for early testing. You can get them at Walmart, Target, etc.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM

yes I see it and it's pink...congrats
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM

There is definitely a line!!!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM

I See it!! and I never see lines! Wohoooooooo

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
Old 02-18-2010, 02:10 PM

YES YES YES there is a line!!!! CONGRATS. Check out clear blue digital, you can buy them at walmart. They will tell you exactly how pregnant you are!!!! :j oy

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM

congrats kmlcu!! blow some baby dust out way!!

Married to my wonderful hubby since 12/31/08 and have been ttc for over a year. We have suffered one terribly disheartening ectopic that terminated on 9/25/09.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I see a beautiful pink line...congratulations!!!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

Old 02-18-2010, 03:15 PM

congrats!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM

Yep, definitely a line. Congrats mama!

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Sweetie I can see that line clear as day! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Mary, wife to Christian, mama to Ale (5/31/07), and thrilled to be expecting #2 in November 2010
Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM

I see 2 pink lines, congrats mama.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

you guys are wonderful - thank you for all the replies and support!!! I'm going to find one of the tests you mentioned tonight just to see if I can get a darker line tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I'm sending whatever luck and baby dust that came my way to all of you!!

Karen

Karen
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 PM

Oh Congratulations. I have those same tests, and it took until today at 14 dpo to get a decent line in a short amount of time, but it was still only about half as dark as the control, but I've had positives on Name brand tests (frer) since 10 dpo and the last two days(on FRER And Clearblue), they've been quite dark.

You are definitely pregnant:-) Congratulations..

Is your doctor not willing to do a blood test? It's certainly not too early for that.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:40 AM

FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't have time to post yesterday, but just wanted to say Thanks again!! I happened to have an EPT digital test at home (boy, digital is worth it, huh?!) and POAS yesterday morning.

I kept saying to myself "ok, it's not as sensitive, a BFN might just be due to timing"... and then, after 30 seconds of the little timer going, it said "Pregnant"!! ...which, of course I took a picture of:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=or6tyq&s=6

I have a dr's appointment in a week (they said it's best to be 5-6 weeks since the day AF last came to visit...is this normal?), and can't wait (it'll be exciting to hear a doctor confirm it!)

Thank you all for your support and for looking at the picture for me!!! (so nice to be able to ask someone and not have them laugh at my obsessing!)

Love and baby dust,
Karen

Karen
Old 02-21-2010, 03:24 AM

YAY!!! And yes it is pretty normal for a doc to ask you to wait 5-6 weeks before going in, best to be far enough along to get a CLEAR positive on their tests.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Old 02-21-2010, 03:28 AM

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!! We're really close!! I'm 5 1/2 weeks along!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlcu View Post
hey said it's best to be 5-6 weeks since the day AF last came to visit...is this normal?
my doctor with my first pregnancy did not want to see me until 12 weeks.

I miscarried at 13

but yeah... this time I didn't go get my doctors confirmation until 6 weeks and at 8 weeks had my first actual appointment. they would have gotten me in day of confirmation but I needed the confirmation for insurance so I COULD have an appointment... almost any day I need to get in ASAP they will do so. The day I did end up having my appointment they called me to come in 2 hours early for my blood draw (we dont live in the same town as the lab is in so they have to drive it all the way over to the hospital to be tested and wanted me in before the courier left that day or my blood would have had to wait 2 days for the next courier) and ended up bumping my appointment up to right then.

With DS was similar only I had my confirmation at 5 weeks and first appointment at 9 (again, dealing with insurance)

with DD I had my confirmation at 3 1/2 weeks (had a bfp by 6dpo with her!) because it had not been long since my LMP they sent me in for several early ultrasounds to date the pregnancy which only confirmed that I had the bfp at 6dpo rather than being further along... I had my first appointment at 4 weeks because they thought I was further along (and I didnt have the insurance issues) and again at 6 weeks and 8 weeks after my ultrasounds to go over the results in person (fearing perhaps a pregnancy that was not progressing or not progressing fast enough... really just turned out to be way too soon at the beginning lol)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:34 AM

congrats!!! Yeah its "normal" for some dr's not to see you until you are a few wks along. I think part of it is dating in case they want to do a U/S to confirm uterine pg and also because really other than advising to take folic acid there isnt much (at least my dr's did) to do in those first few weeks.

User Tag List