Very painful intercourse during ovulation...anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so a quick background of me.

I had ds and then 15 months later got my cycle back and it was excurtiating for a few months ...even ended up in the er twice.

It was determined i have endometriosis (which is SO weird to get AFTER a pregnancy) and i was put on bc pills. The pills made me sick and gave me weird side effects (including MAJOR anxiety).

Then I switched to the NUVARING and LOVED it! IT totally took away all pain/cramps etc and no side effects.

FF to now ds is 2.5 and we finally feel ready to ttc number 2. This is my first cycle off the ring. I'm on cd 15. Had ewcm yesterday and dtd. It was VERY painful in MY WHOLE ENTIRE REPRODUCTIVE AREA. Like I swear i could feel pain in both ovaries and throughout my uterus and cervix. It felt all bloated and stabbing pain-like. I am wondering if this is because of the endo? Like did it grow all over the place and the tugging and pulling is hurting (do to the movements of dtd)

Is it normal to be extra tender during ovulation? i don't remember it being this extreme before DS but i also didn't have endo back then...so i dont' know what is going on. I also had a m/c before ds though and apparently endo can cause more m/c so I really hope i don't have to deal with that again

I just hope hope hope that i am going to get pregnant this cycle so i wont' have to go through multiple endo-filled cycles because it is HELL!

Any advice or thoughts???? (we also dtd 3 days before yesterday).

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm assuming the lack of replies means it is NOT normal to have painful intercourse during ovulation...*sigh* that most likely means i'm having all that endometriosis in there and it might prevent me from getting pregnant (or being able to sustain a pregnancy)

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 02-23-2010, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Last cycle i had such bad ovulation pain - pain so bad it makes you want to cry bad, dtd was pretty uncomfortable

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 PM

I believe that when I have pain during sex it is around ovulation. I think it is because my cervix is in another position..

But take this with a HUGE grain of salt. Today I realized I might be pregnant even though we were trying to semi-avoid. And every time we tried to time sex to try for a girl (sex before ovulation). It hasn't worked. I have two boys.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:07 AM

I have had pain with intercourse when I ovulate since I got AF with my last baby. I googled it and came up with mittelschmerz
Not sure If this is what you are experiencing but this sounds just like what my symptoms are. After about two days I am fine agian..

One good thing out of this is you always know when your ovulating!

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM

I sometimes get that pain soooo bad I almost can't dtd. I think it can be very normal. I always believed it was just as the egg was about to pop. I would actually be happy, it's means you have/are oing.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

User Tag List