Mothering Forum banner

exercise/weight loss and changes in cycle and a question about mid-cycle bleeding

858 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  finnegansmom 
#1 ·
I have been ttc #2 now going on my 9th cycle. I just started charting last month, and I have also started excersising and changing my diet, does anyone know if that will effect my cycle and when i will ovulate/get af?

I know when I was in college I started excersising a lot and that first month all i had was 1 day of brown spotting for af and not the normal 7 days of light-heavy-light bleeding.

I haven't taken on such a rigorous excersise regimen and have still gotten af normally, but yesterday I had a bit of spotting on cd 16, which i thought may be related to mid-cycle ovulation bleeding. I have noticed that i get a bit of that in the middle of my cycle in the past few months, i've never really noticed before, but i wasn't really paying attention either, kwim? Last month according to FF I ovulated on cd#21, and I am noticing my temp rise the past couple days and if it rises again tomorrow then it may indicate ovulation...Dh and I also dtd the night prior to the spotting and i thought it could be from dtd, but it occurred last night almost 24 hours after we dtd. I did have a bit of cramping that accompanied the spotting.

Anyone have any insight? And if I am spotting from ovulation, when is the best time to dtd? just before or after the bleeding?

TIA

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, everyone is different on what changes their cycles but when I used to exercise alot, and was training for half marathons, etc, my cycle never changed. I never spot during my cycle but from what I have read is that the mid cycle ovulation spotting occurs when the egg bursts from the follicle - so I think you want to have sperm ready and waiting once the egg is on its way down. So DTD the before and maybe once as soon as you notice spotting? If you had to pick one BD, I'd time it to right before.

That is of course if your spotting is ovulation spotting. Have you had your progesterone checked? Doesn't low proesterone sometimes caused breakthrough bleeding? Just a thought....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.