*~*~March Obsess and Test~*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 108 Old 02-28-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!

We love cheap tests.
We love buying tests in bulk.
We have spent more on tests this cycle than we care to admit anywhere outside of this forum.

That twinge? Oh that could be implantation!
Am I nauseated or is it just that food I ate earlier?
Hello body? Could you just give me a definite sign?!

If you have ever even thought any of these comments, or something similar, this is where you can come to share. Post your tests to be scrutinized, whine about how long it is to get from 3dpo when you have your ovulation confirmed to 7dpo when you promised yourself you would wait to test.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#2 of 108 Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 AM

Hi girls I'm going to jooin you here this month. I had a chemical pregnancy last month so we are back to TTC. I should O on the 10th of March and will ofcourse test early. i bought a bunch of ICs so we will see FX for all of us

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#3 of 108 Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 AM

I will definitely be here this month! Trying to hold out until Friday to POAS, but I'll probably start Thursday if no AF

#4 of 108 Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 AM

Hi everyone,

I am 9DPO today and have been testing for the last 3 days. It is possible that I didn't really even ovulate since I had an extremely weak thermal shift. CD53 otherwise, and hanging in there. Not stressing too badly. I have to admit, I've been pretty naughty this cycle and this morning had champagne for breakfast. On Friday I had 2 beers at a BBQ. After over a year of trying I'm sick of putting my life on hold for something that never seems to happen. And, I'm sick of people asking me why I'm not drinking....and then never being able to say "because I'm pregnant"...."because I'm trying to get pregnant" sounds so pathetic when you've been saying it for a year.

Plus, I was drinking a lot before I found I was pregnant with DS so maybe my body needs it to incubate an egg. Ha!

Good luck to everyone this month. There were lots of February HPT's so maybe this is the year we all get knocked up!

R

Proud mama to DS1, born 10/06 (conceived accidentally after too much wine & an episode of Desperate Housewives). TTC #2 since 2008. It's tough with looooong, irregular cycles...
#5 of 108 Old 03-01-2010, 03:43 AM

Rochelleann- I've been bad this month too. I tested on Friday at 9 or 10 DPO (I'm not really sure when I O'd this month, so those are guesses), and got a BFN. I was going to a friend's birthday that night and I didn't really want to deal with that particular group of people asking why I wasn't drinking (they are all friends who live in a different town and I don't see often), so I went ahead and had a few drinks...and then a glass of wine with dinner on Saturday.
#6 of 108 Old 03-01-2010, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ohhh, I love all those statements in the first post! <3

I'm CD1 today, after a LONG 51 day cycle. Glad to have it over and starting fresh. We're not actually officially TTC...but would be excited if our method "failed". LOL I really need to finish up my dental work first, but that should be done in April, fingers crossed!

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#7 of 108 Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 AM

I try to not be an obsesser but there has been a complete breakdown with my willpower and I'm 8 DPO and have already tested 3 times. Twice on FRERs (ouch...).
Will someone please lock up the rest of my tests for another 4 or 5 days? Before I stab myself in the eye with my blaringly negative test stick? Thanks.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#8 of 108 Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Hi everyone! I'm back in and ready for my BFP in March.

Again, I'm not charting so I have no real information. I don't even know if I ovulated, but I have no reason to think I haven't. I would predict that I am currently 6DPO at CD20.

I have zero symptoms apart from some minor cramping yesterday. After the constant disappointment from BFN's last month I'm not actually testing until est. 12DPO (March 8th). That being said, I don't hold out much hope for this month. Le sigh.
#9 of 108 Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Where is everyone? I need people to obsess with me please....

It's too quiet in here.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#10 of 108 Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Me me me! I'm obsessed. Today I got my fourth positive OPK in a row. Huh? Am I gearing up to ovulate but too stressy to actually pull it off? I'm so confused. I'm ready to start the countdown already, dammit.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/loonar

Skeptical scribbling dorkophile.
#11 of 108 Old 03-03-2010, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonar View Post
Me me me! I'm obsessed. Today I got my fourth positive OPK in a row. Huh? Am I gearing up to ovulate but too stressy to actually pull it off? I'm so confused. I'm ready to start the countdown already, dammit.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/loonar
you arent by chance using Answer brand OPKs are you?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 108 Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
you arent by chance using Answer brand OPKs are you?
No... I saw your post about those somewhere else on the forum and ran off to double-check. They're the Kroger brand ("compare to Clearblue Easy").

#13 of 108 Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM

An OPK update/public service announcement... I think those Kroger brand OPK were nonsense.

If you look at my chart ( http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/loonar ), those 5 + OPKs were all out of that same box of Kroger generics; the - ones that came before were a different brand. Today, after getting yet another blaring +, this time with FMU (I usually use SMU), I went out to buy a different brand. Sure enough, tested SMU with the different brand and got an unequivocal -.

I also discarded a temp that was probably artificially high (had a good amount of wine the night before) and now FF says I'm 3 DPO. I hope that's true; it makes sense with my other signs. I want to start peeing on a different kind of stick!

#14 of 108 Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

just a warning for you... if you keep those + opks in FF MAY change your solid crosshairs to dotted in a few days (because its confused as to why you kept getting so many + after O)

however, i dont know that for a fact... i just know Ive seen it happen before for some ladies.

#15 of 108 Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I am joining in...been obsessing for about a week now. I am either waiting to start AF or get a freakin BFP already. I am 12dpo with a normal LP of 10days. My temps are still up and I am two days late. Though all my FRER tests are still BFN's and I have been testing everyday since 5dpo. I am using natural progesterone cream. I couldn't even sleep past 6am this morning and I normally temp around 7am. So I finally took my temp early and it was still up there. I even had uterine fullness and achiness like I did in my last pregnancy on 7-8 dpo.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/123e11
#16 of 108 Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 PM

obsessing today! I am on CD11 and my fert. monitor gave me a high reading today. WTH? I am so confused. I have always ovulated on CD 17, 18 or 19 with last month at cd17 beign the earliest ever since I started charting. Evenmon clomid I never O'd earlier than cd17. If my monitor is right then i shjould get another day of high and then 2 days of peak with O on sunday cd14. I have never ever O'd that early. I am wondering it it is because of the chemical PG last month maybe it threw my body off or something. I know I shouldn't complain about early O but I just don't understand how this is happening. I hope it stays this way.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#17 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
obsessing today! I am on CD11 and my fert. monitor gave me a high reading today. WTH? I am so confused. I have always ovulated on CD 17, 18 or 19 with last month at cd17 beign the earliest ever since I started charting. Evenmon clomid I never O'd earlier than cd17. If my monitor is right then i shjould get another day of high and then 2 days of peak with O on sunday cd14. I have never ever O'd that early. I am wondering it it is because of the chemical PG last month maybe it threw my body off or something. I know I shouldn't complain about early O but I just don't understand how this is happening. I hope it stays this way.
Don't know how long you've been using the fertility monitor, or if you reset it after your chemical, but I know the first few cycles (or the first few after a reset) it can be wacky... like, when mine "knew" me, I would consistently get three days of High, then peak. However, now that I've reset it, it doesn't give me anything consistent like that.
I've read lots of stories of women who get literally a week of Highs the first few times after a reset- so you might still O like normal.

Don't know if that is any help at all, but thought I'd offer

Agree, that maybe bc of your chemical, your body is a bit thrown off. Fx for you.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#18 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 AM

Tonya - your chart looks awesome! I wish I would get some nice high temps like that. FF thinks I am on 13dpo. Not really any signs at all this time. My cm is creamy and cp is medium and closed. Last luteal phase my breats were really sore, but this time only mildly sore.

I did get a nice pink line this morning 15 minutes after the time period. It's the closest thing I've seen to a BFP in the longest time! Hopefully will get a nice one in the morning, within a minute or so.

According to FF "charts like yours" there's an 80 percent chance I ovulated and 10 percent of pre and post o charts like mine resulted in pregnancies. I sure hope I did ovulate! Check out my chart and tell me what you think. No high temps for me!

Proud mama to DS1, born 10/06 (conceived accidentally after too much wine & an episode of Desperate Housewives). TTC #2 since 2008. It's tough with looooong, irregular cycles...
#19 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 AM

Still a BFN for me this morning. I am majorly frustrated. I am 13dpo and normally have a 10 day LP. Still no AF either and my temp is still up. As I previously said, I had uterine fullness and achiness on 7-8dpo. What could that have been if I am no preggo?

Do you think it is possible I ovulated later? What do you all think? I am taking natural progesterone cream. Would that really make that huge a difference?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/123e11
#20 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM

Tonya ~ i can't quite wrap my head around the + OPKs after ovulation on FF. You could have ovulated later, what happens if you discard the temp on CD 17?

Michelle ~

#21 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelleann View Post

I did get a nice pink line this morning 15 minutes after the time period. It's the closest thing I've seen to a BFP in the longest time! Hopefully will get a nice one in the morning, within a minute or so.

According to FF "charts like yours" there's an 80 percent chance I ovulated and 10 percent of pre and post o charts like mine resulted in pregnancies. I sure hope I did ovulate! Check out my chart and tell me what you think. No high temps for me!
A pink line after the time limit is a good sign! for you!

Michelle ~

#22 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM

I tried discarding the temp, but nothing happened.

On CD 12 I had the most EWCM. I had a positive OPK per the $ store test, but not quite positive on First Response OPK. The next two days I had + OPK's on First Response, but I started to dry up on CD15 with only on gob on each days 15-16 of EWCM but mostly dry.
#23 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
Don't know how long you've been using the fertility monitor, or if you reset it after your chemical, but I know the first few cycles (or the first few after a reset) it can be wacky... like, when mine "knew" me, I would consistently get three days of High, then peak. However, now that I've reset it, it doesn't give me anything consistent like that.
I've read lots of stories of women who get literally a week of Highs the first few times after a reset- so you might still O like normal.

Don't know if that is any help at all, but thought I'd offer

Agree, that maybe bc of your chemical, your body is a bit thrown off. Fx for you.
I didn't reset it since my period came on time after the chemical. I got a BFP and then my period showed 2 days later right on time. I have been using the monitor for years but in between my kids. I usually get 2 days of high and then 2 days of peak. The only time I have ever gotten more than 2 days was when I was on clomid. It is really weird to have high so early this month. I guess I swill just have to wait and see.

#24 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Nothing good to report. Another BFN this morning. My cervix is really high, with milk-like cm. Supposedly 14DPO - my temps were high (relatively speaking) this morning. What is going on here?

What should the cervix feel like (cm, cp and texture) during the 2ww if pregnant?

#25 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelleann View Post
Nothing good to report. Another BFN this morning. My cervix is really high, with milk-like cm. Supposedly 14DPO - my temps were high (relatively speaking) this morning. What is going on here?

What should the cervix feel like (cm, cp and texture) during the 2ww if pregnant?
same as when not pregnant.

for almost any woman its not going to change until WAY into the pregnancy (for me it changed around 10 weeks... from what I read most womens change at about 12)

#26 of 108 Old 03-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Mine was different in my last two pg's during the TWW and those are the only two that I ever felt it in. It was REALLY firm and closed so tight that it was puckered (i've had three vaginal births so it's never like that), it also seemed to keep moving up higher overall. By 6wks it was totally out of my reach. I certainly wouldn't base anything on that, though, until you do get pg and then know in retrospect what your early pregnant cervix feels like.

Krista; blessed mother to four earthly beings and three non-physical. Basking in my beautiful rainbow. 

#27 of 108 Old 03-06-2010, 06:08 AM

How's this for obsessing? It's 12:03am here in Alaska, and I've already filled out my chart for tomorrow, just so I can see my pregnancy points in FF (73 by the way).

I'll edit with the correct info tomorrow. CD15 today and still no sign of AF. No cramps or anything. Still wondering whether I even ovulated. I'm sick of having to slide the bar at the bottom of my browser window to see my full chart; it's so big!

Tonya - I was chart stalking and wondering whether there's a reason for your high temp on CD17 (other than ovulating). Was your temp taken at a normal time? If not, is there a chance you could have ovulated on CD18 instead? This would match up with your +OPK's...Your chart is looking so good! I hope I wake up to read you've got another nice high temp in the morning! You and me both!!!

----
The info I put in last last was mostly correct, but my temp was a little higher than my estimation! Two stark white BFN's this morning. One was a FRER. My only FRER test. 15DPO and nothing to show for it.

#28 of 108 Old 03-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Ugh. Check out this horrible little chart:
http://babymed.com/FAQ/Content.aspx?14684

So basically, at 15DPO I only have a 6.5% chance of getting a +HPT.

#29 of 108 Old 03-06-2010, 05:58 PM

I lurked here for a couple months and just wanted to come back and post a hopeful message for anyone getting BFNs at 12 or 13dpo. I started testing with internet cheapies at 9dpo and it took until 14dpo to get a faint positive, 15dpo to get one I could convince DH with and 21dpo to get a test line as dark as the control.

I had a MC in September, so I was really concerned that it was headed that way again but I had betas done at 5w1d and 7w and both were great (2500 and 80,700)!
#30 of 108 Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 PM

AF started for me today!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page