gen24~
JessieBird
Melly24
TeaJunkie~
quasar~
xtara2003x~

March Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Is anyone in the 2ww testing today?

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#3 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in the 2WW and tested today. At 7DPO and of course, it was BFN. I'm a moron I guess. And it was a FRER, ugh, hate wasting a good test. I'm going to try to wait until 10 DPO to test again if AF doesn't find me. My nippples are sore, which I think is a good sign - maybe, at least maybe I ovulated this cycle...

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#4 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

finnegansmom~ on the bfn.

#5 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread socal... wish I was not STILL here.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#6 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

rcr~ I wish we were all pregnant. hopefully you'll get a + this cycle.

#7 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 PM

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if we all got BFPs and we could just shut down this thread for April?

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#8 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwitterion View Post
Ah, wouldn't it be nice if we all got BFPs and we could just shut down this thread for April?
Yes!!! That would be great. This time I want to leave and not come back so soon.

rcr - I know that I left for a few months, but I feel like I've been here since last July or August when I got AF back. Time to fly the coop for once and for all.

Anyways, will someone tell me that testing at 7DPO will never yeild any sort of good outcome? The only worse than a stupid BFN is a stupid BFN on an $11 FRER. That $11 could have bought a nice bottle of wine....

#9 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

rcr~ I wish we were all pregnant. hopefully you'll get a + this cycle.

Thanks! I hope we all get BFPs this cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Anyways, will someone tell me that testing at 7DPO will never yeild any sort of good outcome? The only worse than a stupid BFN is a stupid BFN on an $11 FRER. That $11 could have bought a nice bottle of wine....
at 7 dpo (and before that!) I try to test on internet cheepies - that way I can blame the bfn on the fact that they are not very sensitive, not on the fact that I am not pregnant.

Hope you are doing well and recovering finnegans.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#10 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Happy March!! I have a feeling that it is going to be a very lucky month for many of us

finnegansmom: its early, take a deep breath, take a few days break, then test again..you have a good chance!

zwitterton: i agree, that would rock. the nov.ddc would be so great!

socalimommy: im at the end of my 2ww, but i cant get tests here, so..im just waiting. no sign of AF on cd 29! i was expecting her today or yesterday.. im nervous to get excited..so just taking it a moment at a time.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Happy March, everyone! Lots of babydust coming your way.

CD 17 and feeling blue--will I ever be pregnant? Don't know why it's getting me down right now....

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#12 of 332 Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

at 7 dpo (and before that!) I try to test on internet cheepies - that way I can blame the bfn on the fact that they are not very sensitive, not on the fact that I am not pregnant.

Hope you are doing well and recovering finnegans.
I know, but I had 10 cheapies and used them all up after the MC to monitor my hcg. I should have bought 100. I know how I am, who am I kidding?

MamaFern - Good luck!!! How are you feeling? I hope AF stays away for a long long time.

#13 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I'm in the 2WW and tested today. At 7DPO and of course, it was BFN. I'm a moron I guess. And it was a FRER, ugh, hate wasting a good test. I'm going to try to wait until 10 DPO to test again if AF doesn't find me. My nippples are sore, which I think is a good sign - maybe, at least maybe I ovulated this cycle...
Sorry about the BFN!! HUGS!

Quote:
Thanks for the new thread socal... wish I was not STILL here.
*HUGS* To you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwitterion View Post
I'm in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuba_River View Post
Happy March, everyone! Lots of babydust coming your way.

CD 17 and feeling blue--will I ever be pregnant? Don't know why it's getting me down right now....
Awww....hang in there... it WILL happen....IT WILL!!! I believe that for you!!!!

---------------------------------------

AFM- Not too much going on...bleeding from my m/c seems to be slowing down somewhat...hope to be done with it all soon so we can move on. My betas are in and they are already pretty much negative now..so they said I don't have to get another blood draw...still waiting on my progesterone results...go back thursday for my re-check. We plan to TTC right away if Doc says its ok. Trying to get back into the swing of things here and get some new cycle buddies.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#14 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 AM

Kingsdaughter- I don't know if I said it in the last thread, but I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Wishing peace and healing for you and your family.

Sorry to hear of everyone feeling blue. Count me blue, too. Blah. here. again. sigh. LP too short. again.
Can you move me back to waiting to O please?

I'm super conflicted, too. We were going to skip March/early April bc we already have one xmas baby and really don't want to add another (esp since DS was literally born ON xmas, so I feel like a child with an almost-xmas bday might feel short-changed, bc we make a big deal for DS that he has a 'special' bday...) Now, if I could order up a Solstice baby, it would be super duper cool to have both an xmas and solstice kid...
Buuut... now that March is here, I don't want to skip.
Am I over-thinking the bday thing??
Probably my LP is so short it doesn't matter anyway

Speaking of, can anyone tell me- I know, technically, CD1 is the first day of full-force bleeding, but do the days of spotting before mean you LP is actually that much shorter? (To clarify cuz I'm not sure if that makes sense- From O to full AF was 9 days. But, I had three days of spotting before- does that really mean I have a 6 day LP?)

FX for everyone in the tww. Some BFPs around here would cheer me right up Finnigansmom & MamaFern, feeling positive for you both!

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#15 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM

YubaRiver ~

Kingsdaugther ~

Babygrey ~ I *think* the first day of your cycle is when the bleeding starts, not spotting. A lot of women have spotting during the LP. Have you tried taking B6? I take it for short luteal phase issues due to nursing. Not sure if it works (I'll let you know in a few days, LOL). But it did work when I was TTC #2 - I went from a 8 day LP to pregant in 2 cycles. Also, I would TTC in March, if it were me. At this point I'm not one to be picky over birthdates...LOL....maybe you'll have a new years baby?

AFM ~ I tested AGAIN this morning. What the he** is wrong with me? I'm 8 DPO... I can't stop myself. It was stark white. My nipples are killing me, and I keep getting these tuggy kind of cramps in my uterus. It can go either way, as I know. Someone please lock up my last test so I don't test before dpo 11?

#16 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM

No, use the last test tomorrow and then dont go anywhere near the shops . I just used my last one today. Im not usually so test happy, but if I dont buy more I cant test right? At least that's the idea.....
#17 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM

i just found another bag of ICs in my underwear drawer.....oppsie. *phew* crisis averted.

#18 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
i just found another bag of ICs in my underwear drawer.....oppsie. *phew* crisis averted.
You are cracking me up! I hope you have better luck at 9 DPO.

I'm glad it's a new month! I need a fresh start... ready for spring!

Just as I was recovering from mastitis in my left breast, BAM, right breast got it! I have been down for the count for about 2 weeks, which means no BDing for us. I finally felt up to it last night, though. Things are all healed up and breastfeeding is back to normal. DD had her first real poo, so I know she is definitely making the transition over to solids making up more of her diet. I got my first PPAF back around 10 months with my DS, and that is coming up here in a couple of weeks. I wonder/hope something new is in the cards for us!

Funny how I kind of want to avoid the holiday baby too... But I would be super thrilled on the other hand...

Good luck girls!

Katie
#19 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
rcr

Quote:
HA! I say pee on sticks all you want, especially ICs.

I have a 'close to xmas' baby and would love to have another. We are not big on huge bday parties where people give all the kids cheap plastic crap in a little bag, so trying to have a sane bday party (which is very contrary to the norm around here!) together with a sibling seems better than two different parties!

#20 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

babygrey~ on af showing up and the short lp.

KingsDaughter76~

Yuba_River~ on feeling blue

CrunchyKatie~ on dealing with mastitis

#21 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
HA! I say pee on sticks all you want, especially ICs.

I have a 'close to xmas' baby and would love to have another. We are not big on huge bday parties where people give all the kids cheap plastic crap in a little bag, so trying to have a sane bday party (which is very contrary to the norm around here!) together with a sibling seems better than two different parties!
We also have a close to Christmas baby (12/19)....plus MIL b-day (12/11), DH b-day (12/20), Christmas day itself (family get-togethers), and our wedding anniversary (12/27). I don't know if we can cram another celebration in there At the same time, I really don't want to stop trying!

I started taking maca last week, trying to kick start my body into ovulating. We've also nearly night-weaned DS! He is still waking up 3-4 times during the night, but DH is able to get him back to sleep with drinks of water and back patting. DS sleeps on a twin mattress, so it is easy for DH to lay with him until sleeping. DH was out of town last week, though, and when I tried to get DS back to sleep w/o nursing, it was a nightmare!! So, we had a little break from nightweaning until DH returned But, last night DS went from 8:00 pm until 5:00 am, milk free! FX for ovulation soon!!!

Oh, and thought I'd link to my (sad looking) chart. I'm still pretty new at it...http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d07d8

Mama to my sweet toddler DS1 (12/19/08), new arrival DS2 (04/18/11) homebirth.jpg  and married to my best friend for 6 years. 
#22 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Hi Ladies. I hope you don't mind adding a new member, especially one that is prone to lurking. I'm going nuts here waiting for my first PPAF and was excited to find that I am not alone with the nursing/cycle confusion. Hopefully I can keep up with the group here. I love reading what you all have to say.

A little bit about me: I have a 13 month old son, we co-sleep and he still nurses at night and in the evenings when I get home from work.

Cycle: I think I might have ovulated yesterday. I had a very positive OPK, abundant EWCF, and general ovulation type pain on Sunday, and also dtd. Yesterday, afternoon my OPK was negative, there might have been a tiny bit of EWCF mixed with creamy but maybe that was semen, and there was continued ovulation pain in the morning. Today my temp was somewhat elevated, although nothing to get super excited about. Hopefully the next few days temps will confirm ovulation. I think we lined everything up good to catch that first egg...as long as there was a first egg! And if we didn't catch the egg, I'd even be happy to just have AF. They cycle limbo is getting ridiculous.

I don't have a chart at the moment...I'm having trouble launching TCOYF on my laptop.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#23 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List From Here

tourist.~ Welcome to the group. i put you under waiting to catch first pp egg.

wembles~ I added your chart next to your name on the 1st page. fingers crossed you O soon.

#24 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM

im really REALLY trying to be zen..but im starting to go crazy! im 3 days late now and have no way of getting my hands on a test unless i go to the drugstore and face all of the ladies there who already give me looks when i go in there with my 3 kidlets in tow... or call the midwife here who i know quite well as a friend.. and really don't want her to think im a total dork if im not..and im not sure i want her to know if i am right away anyways... im trying to just be. but Arg!!. i really just want to KNOW@! it sounds silly but i live in a very small town and if im pregnant i would like it to be a secret for a while..mostly just because i want to be excited and happy without anyone negative thoughts or reactions changing that for me.

just a vent i guess.. i so wish i had temped this month..i wouldn't be wondering like this would i..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#25 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the hugs, everyone! My OPK are starting to fade in a bit, so I guess there is hope that I will O after all. I really feel convinced that I won't get pregnant until DS stops nursing, so my hopes aren't super high, but I'm sure I'll forget all about that during the TWW, anyway. :-) . He is nursing the least he ever has at this point, anyway, so maybe I will have crossed the magic threshold... we'll see. Of course, my parents are coming to stay in our tiny house for the next two nights, so we'll see if we're able to get in any BDing.

My DS has been doing something weird lately--most nights he does just fine with no nursing until it is time to get up (about 6 lately), but a couple of times lately he has woken up screaming at 5, saying "I need nursing!" and acting like we were in the middle of a big conflict over it, when we was peacefully sleeping moments before. I try to sooth him, but he is un-soothable, so I offer "nursing for five" which means while I count to five. He nurses for a few seconds, pops off and goes back to sleep. I guess it's an emotional need rather than a food need, since I doubt he even gets any milk in the few seconds he is nursing. Poor baby.

MamaFern I hope you are able to get the answer you want very soon!

Welcome Tourist! May your stay here be short and sweet.

for those in the TWW! Feeling hopeful for you all.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#26 of 332 Old 03-02-2010, 08:47 PM

Yuba River - I find when ds wakes around 4 or 5 I cannot get away with any divisionary tactics - he wants to nurse & he wants to nurse NOW. I figure he really is hungry/thirsty at that point but I sure would love to get rid of that session - unfortunately I think it is going to be the most difficult to get rid of.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#27 of 332 Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
im really REALLY trying to be zen..but im starting to go crazy! im 3 days late now and have no way of getting my hands on a test unless i go to the drugstore and face all of the ladies there who already give me looks when i go in there with my 3 kidlets in tow... or call the midwife here who i know quite well as a friend.. and really don't want her to think im a total dork if im not..and im not sure i want her to know if i am right away anyways... im trying to just be. but Arg!!. i really just want to KNOW@! it sounds silly but i live in a very small town and if im pregnant i would like it to be a secret for a while..mostly just because i want to be excited and happy without anyone negative thoughts or reactions changing that for me.

just a vent i guess.. i so wish i had temped this month..i wouldn't be wondering like this would i..
fern, I haven't taken a preg. test and I'm definitely pregnant! Sounds like you are as well, Congrats! Guess my baby will have a little buddy after all.

(how can you blame me for stalking you when you might possibly be pregnant too??)
#28 of 332 Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 AM

Hello girls.
It's my 52 cd, I wonder when it will it end. I am not pregnant though. My chart looks like this: WWWWWWWW
Take care! Good luck!
#29 of 332 Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 AM

Welcome tourist!

mamafern ~ I can send you a few ICs if you want, I have 7 left I think...act fast before I use them all up!

Yubariver ~ Your OPKs sound promising....the early morning session is a tough one to let go off. Maybe a little cup of water on the nightstand you can offer if he is indeed thirsty? My son wakes all the time and he would nurse at every waking if I let him. But it just got too much for me, I just can't sleep in spurts of 40 minutes every night...for 19 months.... I found nursing to get rather unpleasant around ovulation. Do you feel your nipples getting sore at all? Before my first pp AF that was the biggest sign of them all...it took a few weeks for me to O (I used OPKS) but I was totally convinced I had thrush.

AFM ~ I test again this morning at 9 DPO and it was a BFN. Yesterday's test looked like an evap, and I posted a pic on the ONE thread and the kindhearted ladies there thought they saw something pink but it can't be since today's is clearly negative or an evap. It's those darn ICs that can be so evap-tastic at times. My temp is still above the coverline so I'm not out yet I guess. I should really wait until this weekend to test again since it's making me crazy. I shouldn't have to photoshop a test to see a +....

#30 of 332 Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

agmi~ hope you O soon.

Yuba_River~ on the night nursing. Ryker has nights where me telling him " you get one sip" doesn't work and he will scream and cry for "boobies"

finnegansmom~ on the bfn this morning.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page