Mothering Forum banner

~*Bitter Sushi Ladies - MARCH*~

14K views 459 replies 27 participants last post by  lapis 
#1 ·
welcome to the March thread, ladies!!!!

most of us are former ttc 6+ month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can ttc again.
the name? well... We tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care
. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw
. This ttc business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... But we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.
some of us have gotten a little quieter lately... There is only so much you can post in the "i want to be pg, but i'm not" category. However we are here in spirit and most likely lurking!

trying to keep up with past bsls who have made it to the glorious other side? here is the current thread to stalk bsl grads in i'm pregnant. May we all move on to the i'm pregnant thread and eventually need a life with a babe thread!

~current bitter sushi ladies~

jenger - ttc #2 since August 2009

apricot - married 10 years, homebirth midwife, ttc since 11/08, m/c 4/09 and ectopic 12/09. Waiting 6 months to try again to allow my tube to heal.

barefootgirl - ttc using clomid to combat anovulatory cycles, m/c at 5 weeks 11/09.

belovedk - mama of 2 (14yo ds, 9yo dd). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in central va. Ttc someone new since november 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her dh than ttc.

allison- mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers. Newlywed to david. Ttc our 1st together since 2005. Forever missing piper quinn. Just got through hsg and 1st round of clomid this month.

*christel* - ttc with dh for two years and two months. Trying clomid.

court - ttc #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the pacific northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto ivf in the distant future.

enigo - ttc #2 with ds (06/06), mc 2/09 & mc 10/09.

fierbugg - ttc #1 for 9 years, losses 8/00, 5/04, and 1/07. Currently on a ttc break, getting life back in order and awaiting hormone testing to help figure out what's going on!

finnegansmom - ttc #3 since july 2009, one 3 y/o, one 18 m/o and a recent
in december of 09

grahnola mum - loving our wonderful family of me, dh and dd (12/07). Ttc #2 since 11/08 with four losses.

hsmamato2 - ttc for over 8 months and appreciative of a space to vent out that bitterness!

iheartmyfamily - ttc #1 for 14 months with one

justkiya - married to my darling dh for 5.5 years, ttc#1 since march 2007, diagnosed with pcos in 06/08, on metformin since, one cp.

kel32brown - kellisue, upstate ny mama, warmly married to farmboy and raising 5 little ones.

kellyttc#1 - ttc#1 since june 2007. Currently hoping and waiting for iui#2.

kparker - waiting to be ready. ttc #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now on hold due to dh no longer wanting children.

ladyjools - i'm a 25 year old scottish girl with dh for nearly 6 years and ttc for 5. We lost our baby boy, samson, at 16 weeks in july and are now ttc again.

lapis - ttc #1 for over a year. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the ttc vacuum.

luvmywestie- ttc for 2 years with no clear diagnosis, m/c 10/08.

mamamerle
- ttc #3 after taking 17 months to conceive #2. Hoping the magical clomid/gonal-f/iui combination will work again!

mi_dawn
- ttc a rainbow baby after losing baby william (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

millefleur- a 33 year old aspiring baby mama in upstate ny. Happily unmarried to dp for 5 years. 9 week m/c 12/08. Ttc again since 6/09.

nanette56 - wife (29) of 8 years to dh (31) , mother to ds (5), ttc #2 with pcos. One loss february 2010.

praying4baby - ttc #1 for over a year, loss late 2009.

rachwms - ttc #2 since 2006

rochelleann- ttc #2 since 2008 with loooong irregular cycles.

schae
- wife to t and mama to luka. M/c in 2007. Ttc #2 with pcos since 3/09, 2 m/c in 2009.

simplyrochelle - ttc #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

tear78 - 31 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. Ttc #1 since may 2008, m/c 12/08 and 2/09. Seeking medical help and trying to remember when hope was strong and healthy.

:d recent bfps! :d
stick little babies, stick, stick, stick....

yummyyumyummama - ttc #2 since 3/09 Due 11/22/2010!
jessica_s -ttc #2 since 10/08, due 10/23/10.
jillc512 - ttc #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
jelinifer - ttc #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - ttc #1 since january 2008, due 5/22/10.
rhiannon09 - ttc #1 since january 2008, due 6/?/10 with twins!
pinoikoi - ttc #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10.
lisko15 - ttc #1 (or #3) for 14 months, due 6/26/10.
colorbywords - ttc #1 for 13 months, due 8/?/10.
lzp - ttc #1 for 17 months, due 8/10/10.
maerynpearl - ttc #3 (or #1) for 6 cycles over 2 years, due 9/14/10.
aidanraynesmom - ttc #? For 5 cycles over 14 months, due 9/?/10.
carlyle - ttc #2 for over 12 months, due 10/1/10.
lyndzies - ttc #1 for 10 months, due 10/4/10.

our happy graduates (from the 6+ thread)

minsca -
seth ~ born 10/20/09 ~ 6 lbs 10 oz
kalishanti -
zion merciful ~ born 11/22/09 ~ 7 lbs 11 oz
lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10

valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10

mrs_lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

check in with us when you can, ladies!

and mrstc
we are thinking of you and hope all is well. Pm one of us if you can!
check out last month's thread here.
(please let me know if your first page blurb needs to be updated in anyway. As well, new ladies are welcome, but please join with care.)
~
~

See less See more
#3 ·
THANKS ENIGO!!!

I'm reposting from the February board, b/c we cross posted:

Updating! I just got back from my baseline U/S and my appt. with the RE. She was thrilled that I got pregnant ("half the battle, and usually the hardest part"). She also said normally she likes to wait 1-2 months before we start meds again after a pregnancy, but since the numbers were so low, we're good to go this month! So she wanted me to stick with my current regime, we just added .75 iu's of follistim injectables on CD 7 and 9 to give my follies a "boost". She just made me sign like oodles of paperwork about the risk of multiples
and because I'm so "young" ( HA! My stupid ovaries like to pretend that they're ancient, so I'm REALLY not worried about it) Hopefully we'll hit it again this month and it will stick. I'm super psyched as my scan was all clear and I get start my meds tomorrow

Hope everyone is having a good day!

#4 ·
Thanks for the new thread!

Nanette, that's good news. I found to good for me to start TTCing again right away. I'm not sure my body will cooperate but at least it'll give me something else to focus on. Twins might be fun though, right?
I hope you get a nice sticky BFP this month.

#5 ·
Woo!! Nanette! Glad you can pull out all the stops!
Just cd 10 here Arghhhh! bored out of my guts. OPK's are reeeeally negative so I'm thinking O is a ways away. At least I have until the weekend to force myself on DH.

#7 ·
Oh man I need it! Thanks!
I've decided to stop messing around and get pregnant with a sticky baby this cycle. It's time I stopped messing around.

I've been struggling with the decision to send DS to VPK at a Montessori school in Aug. It's making me sad already! I miss him!! Oh wait here he is!

On one hand when I get pregnant, it sure would be nice for DS to have some outlet and not be stuck with me at home when the new baby comes. On the other hand, I don't want him to start around the same time a new baby would be here and have him feel like I'm shipping him off.

Oh anyway he's trashing the front room now. I can hear him in there. Why can't he just watch TV like a regular kid? It's like he flips the whole room over. Next time he moves the couches out, I'm going to take a picture to send you guys. It looks like looters were there. I guess I just need to make his straps tighter

Ahhh I'm just kidding, I don't tie him up. He just chews through them.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Gasp!!! EWCM!!! I am going to O on time this month. Ohhhhh come on body don't fail me now!!!!
Yay!
Have fun. I never saw that this cycle, don't ask me where it was. My crosshairs took me by surprise.... I wonder if it's possible to get pregnant without it? Oy....

Just a vent if I may....Two of my friends whom I chat with every day, are pregnant. One is about 20 weeks and one is 35 weeks. At any given minute, I am getting IMd about how the 35 week one is "done being pregnant". Also, she told me the day after I found out my 12 week baby had died, that when her "husband looks at her, she gets pregnant". Umm. Ok. Then the other one keeps sending me links to adorable newborn bloomers and diapers and other cuteness. At times, I feel like stabbing myself in the eye with a shattered vitex bottle...

#10 ·
Ahhh yes the diaper and formula samples started coming in today again. My insurance company sells my name and due date apparently. I was due in May

Well next time I am going to be able to use them!!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
At times, I feel like stabbing myself in the eye with a shattered vitex bottle...

Personally, I'm surprised you're feeling like stabbing yourself in the eye.
Ok, not seriously, but don't they have any empathy?!

#12 ·
Quote:

Gasp!!! EWCM!!! I am going to O on time this month. Ohhhhh come on body don't fail me now!!!!
yeeeeeeah, baby!!!!
Thanks for the new thread!

#13 ·
Quote:

Ahhh yes the diaper and formula samples started coming in today again. My insurance company sells my name and due date apparently. I was due in May

Well next time I am going to be able to use them!!
I got a letter the other day from mine "Tips on a healthy pregnancy".

The crap thing is I didn't have this insurance while I was pregnant, it switched to them right as I was miscarrying and having the D&E. Ummm.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS!

Tear ~ yea, the 20 weeker is being nice, I think she doesn't want to treat me differently but still, I'm SO jealous. but the 35 weeker said that to me the day after I found out - and she knew all about it. Ummmm ouch?

#14 ·
When I was preg with DS my best friend and I were pregnant together. We were able to talk about our pregnancies. When we were preg the second time, I lost mine at 12 wks and she kept on going. I actually felt bad for her a couple times because I knew she wanted to talk about her pregnancy, but couldn't. It sucked on so many levels.

#15 ·
Quote:

I actually felt bad for her a couple times because I knew she wanted to talk about her pregnancy, but couldn't. It sucked on so many levels.
I felt this way with my SIL, even though I was hurting inside as well when I thought where I could have been. We had a long talk together about how I wanted her to share her feelings and thoughts about my niece with me, but I needed her to understand that it would make me sad. I think she mostly wanted to know that I would love our little niece, which of course I do. It's so hard when these things happen.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I got a letter the other day from mine "Tips on a healthy pregnancy".

The crap thing is I didn't have this insurance while I was pregnant, it switched to them right as I was miscarrying and having the D&E. Ummm.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS!

Niiiiiiiice. It's also "time for me to renew my Fit Pregnancy subscription".
Yeah when I had to call to tell the ins company that I had lost the baby, she said "What do you mean? What happened to the baby?"
Anyway let's just say that I wasn't very nice back.

AFM I am feeling very positive over here. It must have something to do with O time hormones (This has just occured to me)...but then I do every month.
EWCM is leading me to believe that O will be by this weekend

Poor DH came home last night after working his 14 hours or so (3 of it is drive time) and went to have a beer. I was like "Waiiiiiiiiiit".

#17 ·
WOoOt for new thread! Thanks, enigo!

It's our TTCversary - 3 years ago today was CD1 for our first 'official' trying cycle. *sarcastic twirl of a finger above the head* I'm on CD3, now..... and I'm all meh.

to all of you ladies - I'm not posting, but I'm (trying to!) keeping up.

#19 ·
enigo! Thanks for the new thread! I hope you get to some bd-ing... Your (profile box?) says you live in the rainforest... I live in the rainshadow! hmmm...
Also, we are working on choosing preschool for fall as well.

♥ Your resident "lurker" (who hardly can be called a lurker, since I am posting daily!
)

JustKiya, I wish I could say happy anniversary...

FinnagansMom - I am guessing congratulations will soon be in order! How are you feeling?

AFM - I am going to my GP tomorrow for my first fertility related visit ever. Wish me luck.

#20 ·
Hi - I'm just popping in here because I'm supposed to be working and I'm so behind due to my unpaid second job of TTC and obsessing...

I got this faint faint faint faint line today. Photographed in the time limit.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/b2bc6c3b.jpg

I got a BFN on my FRER and I think an evap on my $ tree, all with FMU.
I'm 10 DPO, I need to test again tomorrow assuming I don't start bleeding.

I'm sort of freaking out, I don't want to get my hopes up....

**UPDATE** I started bleeding around 7pm.... so that was a total bust. I'm going to go crawl into a box of wine...

Jenger ~ Good luck with your appt!

Justkiya ~

Enigo ~ LOl at the beer. I once had to let my dh keep the red sox game on when I got a + OPK once...as he put it "hey it's a win-win for both of us"...

#22 ·
I need to find a new pharmacy. Seriously. I've been using the publix pharmacy for most of my drugs, b/c it's right next to the office, and I went in today with my prescription, and the pharmacist says "Letrazole? I've never heard of that." After 5 minutes (checking the computer, checking the shelves) he continues to scratch his head, and says "Have you ever gotten that here?" "um. Yes, twice. It goes under the name FEMARA" "oooooh that stuff!" This somehow does not inspire confidence. Not to mention the last time I brought a scrip there at 8 am, it STILL wasn't ready at 3:30PM, when I said I'd be back around LUNCH to pick it up!!! Man I am GROUCHY today.

#24 ·
I cried and screamed myself hoarse today. I think the fertility gods looked down upon me after my clean-as-a-whistle ultrasound and appointment this morning and said, "the birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and Tear just had an uplifting, go-forth-with-fertility-appointment. She looks too happy." BAM, lightningbolt!!! Apparently upon looking at my bloodwork this morning they found that my thyroid levels are too high: 3.7, which apparently considered normal by regular doctors, but too high for fertility purposes. WHAT THE F*CKING F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?! And why is this ALL OF A SUDDEN a problem?! They've been taking CD1 bloodwork for months!!! So they left a message saying I should go on levothyroxine for 90 days and check it again. Oh, and they close at 12:30 on Thursdays so I can't even ask them how this will affect TTC. But I'm guessing, not looking good since "fertility-wise" this number is too high. Where's the F*CKING middle finger smiley? I think I'm going to crack. This is probably the thing that will make me crack. Oh, and it's looking more and more likely that my school will be cutting staffing for next year because Governor Patterson thinks that the best place to cut is education (yes that's right, not his own big-ass salary), and I only have six elementary teachers below me in seniority in the district. It's a big district. Did I mention I carry the health insurance for us? And remember how hard I busted my butt this fall to earn tenure, and how my principal was going to recommend me for it? What if I lose my job?!!!!

#25 ·
Tear
Of course. The universe can not stand chirping birds! This may sound ridiculous, but when I was 18 and living on my own (with a deadbeat boyfriend who would NOT get a job) I was riding a bike to work (making $3.50 and hour 'cause I had just gotten a raise!) and it was a beautiful spring day. I was feeling good. I thought to myself..."man life is good". I kid you not, less than 30 seconds later I got hit by a car. (Bitch was driving on the sidewalk) Ruined my damn day lemme just say. SO my point is I never say it out loud

Thyroid levels are too high meaning Hypo or hyper thyroid? I wouldn't think you would need to hold off TTC for thyroid levels if they aren't talking radioactive iodine or whatever. Frickin' crap Tear! I'm gonna go punch a wall for you!

...and the job thing...on the optimistic side you KNOW you will get pregnant the second you lose your job. That is how it works.

#26 ·
Tear, your TSH is a little high, be nice to see it under 2.5. When there isn't enough thyroid hormone in your system, your body releases more Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to get more made. Adding in synthetic hormone will help. 3.7 won't keep every person from getting pregnant, but it can keep some women from getting knocked up. There's a lot of individual variation in what thyroid numbers should be for each person. That's why it's "try for 90 and we'll see" It's totally cool to get knocked up in this period. You'll need more testing in your first trimester to make sure thyroid is still okay, but youll need that no matter what since they've identified you as being at risk for thyroid deficiencies. If - big if - your thyroid is affecting your fertility, you should be all good for this cycle with the new supplement, but definitely getting the improvement next cycle. You won't lose a baby with just that little problem, you just won't conceive one.
Edit - that sounds harsh, "just won't conceive one" - i can't think of a good way to soften it. How about a
?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.