have to take hepernin, b. aspirin - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just finished all the initial testing to get pregnant and found out I need to do daily shots of hepernin as well as baby aspirin once I conceive. Any experience with this? Good stories please, I'm a nervous nellie.
#2 of 5 Old 03-07-2010, 07:19 PM

I don't have experience yet. But I do have to take aspirin and possibly Lovenox once I conceive. I am already taking aspirin. It really scares me to take drugs while pregnant.
#3 of 5 Old 03-08-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

me too! Good luck to you!
#4 of 5 Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 AM

what did they find that that dictated that you need such a intense treatment?

sorry you have to deal with this

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 5 Old 03-09-2010, 01:26 AM

took Lovenox twice a day from 10 weeks pg til 6 weeks pp with my last pregnancy for a blood clot and took it once a day from 6 weeks til 36 weeks as a preventative measure with this pregnancy. I am now on Heparin twice a day in preparation for delivery and will switch back to the Lovenox for the 6 weeks pp.
It's not that bad, you get used to it and if it could help, why not?

NOW, my last baby was stillborn, BUT all the research i did never related it to the Lovenox...she died of a cord accident, which could be related to her small size which could be related to several factors (including the blood clot) but again NOT to the thinner (drug).
So while I wanted to share my experience, I did not want to leave out an obvious result (my sig) so I explained it
Feel free to PM me with any questions or just for some words of encouragement

Good Luck TTC!

Kelly mama to DD E (14), DD A (6), DS A (4), DD E (born still at 36 weeks April 6, 2009) and fully attached to Ella Faith, now 1!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page