TTC w/o Charting until now, I may begin charting after this...(TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just knew that DH & I had conceived 1 whole Thursday ago, but I was waiting until this Thursday to confirm.

I thought that I had really bad gas over the weekend, but after the 'really bad gas' got worse, and I could hardly stand up, I wound up in the ER. It wasn't gas, it was a muscle spasm.

I received a preggo test in the ER bc the doctor wanted to do a CAT Scan to test for kidney stones. I declined the CAT scan, and got an ultrasound. Ultimately, it was a muscle spasm.

Anywho, my AF is late (very late), I tested negative at the ER. I was really sad, but I still feel like I should wait until Thursday to retest. Meanwhile, my CM has changed to a more watery consistency, I am sooooo tired, and still feeling a little queasy in the afternoons since this past Friday.

I plan to begin to chart as of Friday, if I get my confirmatory 'no.'

At the same time, I feel kind of silly bc the ER , a hospital, gave me a negative on Sunday.

Would you still test? Or should I just begin to chart & accept the negative hospital urine test?

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM

often the hospital tests are not as sensitive as a hpt. When I started spotting with my chemical pregnancy i went in and got a negative urine test, but i told the dr. i had had 3 BFP at home so they did blood test. The hcg showed up on the bloodtest though. Just wait it out, it could have been too early for a bfp. Hope you are feeling better.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm a little confused. So, you think you O'd like 12 days ago, right? That would be 2 Thursday's ago.

And then you had the negative test in the ER last Thursday? If that were the case, you were only 7 DPO...too early to show a BFP in MOST cases.

But i'm a little confused as to how late you are? If you're only 12DPO, even if you have a shorter LP, how late exactly do you think you are?

It sounds to me like the hospital test was too early...unless I'm confused with your dates.

Me (30), DH (31), DS (3.5 yrs - 5/07), DD (1.5 yr - 2/09) via VBAC!!! DS (newborn - 11/10) via natural VBAC! 2 angel babies - 06/06 & 04/08
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM

With DD I had had faint positive tests at home and a negative in the doctors. Without charting, I didn't know when I ovulated, and I think the really sensitive tests picked it up early. I got a blood test when I was about 3 days late for AF, the day of the negative at the doctors, and it was positive. I would look for a sensitive test like the Dollar Tree or the First Response Early Result and take it!! You're only out a couple bucks, or a few more for the FRER. Best luck!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNHall View Post
I'm a little confused. So, you think you O'd like 12 days ago, right? That would be 2 Thursday's ago.

And then you had the negative test in the ER last Thursday? If that were the case, you were only 7 DPO...too early to show a BFP in MOST cases.

But i'm a little confused as to how late you are? If you're only 12DPO, even if you have a shorter LP, how late exactly do you think you are?

It sounds to me like the hospital test was too early...unless I'm confused with your dates.
Hi MNHall, yes, I think that I O'd 12 days ago, but I got the negative test on Sunday, 2 days ago. I am hoping that that is still too early to get a positive, but maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
With DD I had had faint positive tests at home and a negative in the doctors. Without charting, I didn't know when I ovulated, and I think the really sensitive tests picked it up early. I got a blood test when I was about 3 days late for AF, the day of the negative at the doctors, and it was positive. I would look for a sensitive test like the Dollar Tree or the First Response Early Result and take it!! You're only out a couple bucks, or a few more for the FRER. Best luck!
I was going to hold out until Thursday, but I might just go ahead & test tomorrow. I really hope so, but I am okay with waiting & charting for next cycle.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's Mombee View Post
Hi MNHall, yes, I think that I O'd 12 days ago, but I got the negative test on Sunday, 2 days ago. I am hoping that that is still too early to get a positive, but maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Oh duh....I guess I read to fast.....I missed where you said the ER was this weekend...I was thinking you said Thursday!

Well, like the previous person mentioned, it very well could depend on the sensitivity of the test that the ER used. It could have been a test that needed too much HCG to test positive and at that point if you are preggo, it was just building up and not high enough yet.

No AF means hope is not gone! BABY DUST!

Me (30), DH (31), DS (3.5 yrs - 5/07), DD (1.5 yr - 2/09) via VBAC!!! DS (newborn - 11/10) via natural VBAC! 2 angel babies - 06/06 & 04/08
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys so much. I am trying not to get too anxious while waiting until Thursday. I will keep you guys posted.

I really do hope to get a positive

Old 03-11-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Okay so my AF still has not shown up, and I was too anxious to wait until Thursday. I got a negative this evening , so I will begin charting this week, or as soon as AF shows up.

Thank you for all of your support.

User Tag List