eat a pineapple core? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anybody here heard of this? you eat 1/5 of the pineapple core for each of the first 5 days post o. you can mix it up in a smoothie or just eat it. i know it sounds like a crazy wives tale, but there are women who swear by it, apparently, that it does something to your endometrium to help with implantation. who thinks of this stuff- hey i'm going to eat a pineapple core to get pg...

if everyone writes back, oh yeah, everybody knows that, you mean you don't?...i'm going to

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#2 of 5 Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM

lol. i've never heard of this, but it's ringing bells with other pineapple-pregnancy lore somewhere in the back of my head. where in the world did you hear about this?

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#3 of 5 Old 03-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i know that pineapple is AWSOME for urinary tract infections, bacterial vaginosis, ect....it balances the ph of the "lady parts" lol! so it may help with inplantation? sperm friendlieness ect...? not sure, but im sure it wouldnt hurt!

what im wondering is why the core? why not the yummy part! lol

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#4 of 5 Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM

i've read that pineapple is good for TTC but not the core. the core makes me gag....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#5 of 5 Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM

It has to do with the bromeline in the core, which can help with implantation. For the life of me I can't find the link where I saw that but I did copy/paste the language into another thread that I'll post here:

"Using Pineapple core to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

For IVF [in vitro fertilization] cycle: one pineapple core, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI [intra-uterine insemination] cycle: one pineapple core, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: one pineapple core , divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple core too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple core BEFORE the recommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.

Here is a website to better clairify:

http://howtocutapineapple.com/

Do NOT eat the meat of the pineapple- You need to AVOID Pineapple Juice. Do NOT take with Baby Aspirin as these are BOTH blood thinners! Pineapple juice is not recommended for use in TTC and/or pregnancy. In large doses, it can cause uterine contractions and bring on spontaneous abortions (miscarriage).

Side Effects: Large doses may cause uterine contractions, miscarriage, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, very heavy menstrual periods. Unripe pineapple is poisonous, causing excessive diarrhea.

Bromelain Tablets/Capsules- Bromelain is used for many things, some believe that this can be used to aide in implantation of an embryo. When taking this, these are stronger than a pineapple core would be. A pineapple core is 50mg of bromelain. Any bromelain tablets are 300-500mg, some do have 80mg's though. . Do not take if allergic to pineapple.

Bromelain is a mixture of protein-digesting (proteolytic) enzymes found in pineapples (Ananas comosus ). Pineapple has been used for centuries in Central and South America to treat indigestion and reduce inflammation. Bromelain, which is derived from the stem and juice of the pineapple, was first isolated from the pineapple plant in the late 1800s. It is approved by the German Commission E to treat swelling and inflammation following surgery, particularly sinus surgery.

Bromelain can be useful in treating a wide range of conditions, but it is particularly effective in reducing inflammation associated with infection and injuries.

Website for more information with Bromelain:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/bromelain-000289.htm

Happy Wife since 9/18/99, Mom to crazy sweet boys Noah Richard 7/24/04 & Jeremy Michael 1/27/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page