anyone conceive easily at 43? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 03-08-2014, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I conceived easily at 39 (twice -- had a miscarriage in there) but haven't tried since (had 2 kids then, husband got a vasectomy). I got my first period late, at about 14 and a half. It seems like it could be a sign that your system is just built to age more slowly (or not -- http://www.mum.org/menarage.htm)

#32 of 38 Old 03-08-2014, 02:48 AM

I'm 12 weeks pregnant at age 40. It took us three cycles of trying before conceiving naturally. I had first menses at 11, which is normal for my family. My mom had onset of menses at 10, and went through menopause at 55.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#33 of 38 Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

As I mentioned above, I had my second child at 43.  I got my first period right around the time I turned 13, maybe a month or two before.  I'm about to turn 52 now and obviously heading toward menopause but have mostly still been getting a period every month.

#34 of 38 Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Ive been wondering about the menopause side of things.  I didnt get my period back until almost  2yrs pp with this baby, in other words, only 2mths ago. With my first 2, i got my period back at 13mths/15mths pp, but they were not night nursers. DD, my third baby has been more of a night nurser.

Im still nursing her frequently during the day, and less at night, and have my period back.  I wonder how nursing will effect the onset of menopuse.

#35 of 38 Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

I want menopause to start the day after i deliver (if i get to have another) :P

so unfair to have it when there are no babies coming anymore

#36 of 38 Old 03-13-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

So funny! This thread caught my eye, and i was going to respond and say-i posted something similar a few years ago let me go dig up that thread!

This is that  thread!

I had just turned 43 when i started this thread,  and went on to try for 14 cycles, all BFN's, until the last, i was 44, and went on to give birth a week before my 45th birthday.

So no, i did not conceive easily at 43, but i did conceive easily when turning 44 :-)

My beautiful baby was born at home without complications, came into the world with a curious look on her face, started nursing, and the rest is history. She's now newly 2, and i am newly 47.

Maya

So, when you say you conceived "easily" at 44, I wonder what kinds of things you were doing/not doing that you think were most helpful to your success?  Advice? Let us in on the secret to success! 

#37 of 38 Old 03-14-2014, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

I was partly joking by saying i 'conceived easily at 44', because  that came after  not conceiving at all for 13mths of ttc prior to that. I believe i benefited from supplements i had been taking but had given up on, namely, dhea, evening promrose oil, coq10, vit b6. (and probably others i dont recall)

Its also possible that all along i had been fertile, but the guy (my donor, as i am single) was not. I had changed  donors  for two mths ttc because he wasnt available. The 2nd time i conceived.  I also got an iui (intra uterine insemination) because i had to use  a sperm bank when my other donor wasnt around. So maybe it was that....

I will never now. 

I remember one woman on  mdc who conceived on her first try at 43. She was a raw foodist.

Ive heard of other raw foodists having longer fertility.

I wish i knew! I do think diet plays an important role, but in my case, i didnt radically change my diet.

Check out the below old and current threads for a wealth of information. I was on it  all the time i was ttc. I dont know how i would have gotten through it all without them!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373197/fabulous-forty-somethings-ttc

#38 of 38 Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post

I want menopause to start the day after i deliver (if i get to have another) :P

so unfair to have it when there are no babies coming anymore

I have to say it was bitter sweet when i finally got my period this time. Breastfeeding is  basically a temporary menopause., so when youre the age where menopause becomes relevant,  it means a  whole lot more when youre period isnt coming back. I knew one woman who simply never got another period full stop.

The other thing is, i have gotten to know my body, and its weird to no longer have a period, when for the last 30 years its been who i am....

Im quite happy to have my period again, although i am noticing more what hormones do to me, as they were not there before, and are coming back. Im like-ok, thats the estrogen doing its thing...nice to see you again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page