40+ TTC Blossoming Baby Bellies! watching our BFP list grow - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa!!!

Mentalgiant, thank you for the encouraging over-45 stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM

hello again all!
was up last night reading the ups and downs of this thread.

dh is back gotta run...

ppaf is back too

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Haven't really been posting regularly. I guess I'm still recovering from three consectutive m/c's but, I'm not giving up even at 45. It'll happen sooner or later I believe

I did want to share an IRL story for encouragement to other women who may feel discouraged with conceiving in their 40's. My family and I returned from vacation last Sunday where I meant a wonderful, naturally-pregnant woman who is 44! We were out in the wilderness at family camp so we had a lot of time to talk and share about our past histories. I found out she also had three early m/c's and was having irregular periods so didn't think she could even get pregnant. Currently, she is 6 months pregnant so way past the danger-zone stage. It can happen

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Lots of encouraging stories lately, I'm loving it!

AFM, AF came on Friday and was short and sweet like always, just 2 days long. Just waiting until Sunday to start OPKs. We'll definitely give it our best shot again this cycle but I really am concerned about my progesterone, based on the spotting I get before AF. It has been quite awhile since I've temped throughout a cycle, but I wasn't thrilled with the way my temps tapered down throughout the spotting stage. Here's my chart, what do you think?

Hope everyone is having a nice week. DS and his friend are here and the weekend was crazy busy for us, but it's calmer now. They need to find a place to live ASAP, please send apartment-finding vibes!

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM

hi m0xxie and lrom welcome to this wonderful thread.

lisa, congratulations !

ladies, i wasn't pregnant last cycle, even though i felt soooooo sure i was. sigh. i now see, looking back, just how out of balance i become in the tww (i know, we are not "trying", but you just never know how the universe is working and what magic might be in store... for us, there is always at least a slim chance ). i get really wacky during that time, and i can see how it isn't healthy. i am striving for equanimity going forward.

i'm loving all the 42-year-old mamas having babies here.

and to all,

xxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
BHappy, sorry that you weren't pg last cycle, but glad to hear you're finding your path with equanimity. That has to be good for your fertility!

Arianwen, glad you had a good visit with DS. Here are some apartment-finding vibes for him

AFM, I'm either 3, 6, 7 or 8 dpo, depending upon what day you looked at my FF chart. . Every time I put in a new temp, I got a new set of crosshairs. I personally think I'm about 7dpo based on my other signs. I've been feeling a bit pg... tingly boobs, cramps, and yes... the wonderfully-named "lead vagina". Actually, I think I have "lead pelvis". The entire region is filled with lead, I'm sure. I'm also bursting into tears (of distress or joy) for the past day or two. I think I'm going to pull out my WebWomb 10hcg tests this weekend, maybe Sunday at 11dpo, I'll let you all know how it goes.

And... some exciting news. One of oldest, dearest friends has decided to jump into the parenting ring. She and her DH had previously decided they wanted to live a child-free life, but have had a change of heart recently. My friend is 43 and is exploring both adoption and "making one from scratch". I quickly referred her to this thread! I can't tell you how happy this has made me.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes!

I've got an update on my week late AF/BFN HPT worries... I honestly don't know how to explain it or what happened (I'm starting to think that instead of not ovulating at all last cycle, maybe I ovulated twice, or just super late??) but a full week after 1st day of my missed period I went to the OB and got a BFN on the urine test but BFP on the blood test! Went back 3 days later to test again, the #s were right and another BFP so apparently... I'm preggers!

I'm 44yrs old, nursing my 18 mo old who I had at 42, and while it's still early days (I've had 2 m/c before DD) and I'm not telling anyone other than DP until we're a trimester in, I did want to share it here because it's yet another example of things really being possible!

Still pretty much in shock...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:31 AM

LROM
Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Well, I am 2 days past when AF was due, but I am 3 cycles since my loss and I don't know if my body is back to normal. It must not be. I had sore breasts for 10 days up until 2 days ago, now I feel totally normal. BFN on preg test. But still no AF. We sure gave it a good try though this month. Kind of tired of all the trying KWIM. Feeling very frustrated with my body.

, mama to DS(7/)22/02) DS (8/14/04) , and an angel (3/10/10)nursing a broken heart...loving my boys.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Congrats LROM!

You just made my day feel a little brighter.

, mama to DS(7/)22/02) DS (8/14/04) , and an angel (3/10/10)nursing a broken heart...loving my boys.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the congrats you guys, it means so much to be able to share it with this specific group on MDC. I have only just come to this thread, but I've been wrestling with trying to become a mama for a very long time.

Wishing everyone so much luck and sticky baby dust!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Congratulations, LROM!!!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, LROM!!
Yay to a happy surprise!!!
I'm sending you stickybean vibes

mamapajama. I have sure been there with the frustration of a good try without the desired outcome. And as much as we enjoy the trying I also relate to it being exhausting trying get it in the schedule and coordinate it with lo's being asleep or elsewhere. From your description it sounds possible that you had a chemical pg. After a few like that, I started testing at 11dpo so I would know and lo and behold I have been having chemical pgs--which my doctor and TCM practitioner think is a positive about my fertility. (yay for something positive about my fertility)

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapajama View Post
We sure gave it a good try though this month. Kind of tired of all the trying KWIM.
I can relate, too! There's a lot to love about TTC BD, but it somehow always seems to happen when someone's sick, exhausted, on a work deadline, or hosting out of town guests.

I'm thinking what WaturMama's thinking, too, about the chemical pgs. I've had quite a few of them myself. It's always disappointing, but at the same time an encouraging sign that you are fertile. Some months I test early, wanting to know, and others I know I'm better off waiting. I do think having the data in hand was important when I went to see an RE... it helped him know what tests to order, etc. It was also very supportive for me to hear him affirm my experience by believing me (while other MDs had told me I wasn't getting pg, despite evidence to the contrary) and telling me this was very common and a good sign.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi everyone. I am back here after an extended break from fertility related computer activity. Nothing new from me to report my cycles are looking great and my TCM provider continues to believe it is just a matter of time before I get pregnant. Unfortunately, at 44.5 time is not on my side. My husband has agreed to consider more serious interventions so I am researching Natural cycle IVF or mini IVF wondering if anyone has tried this approach. I am looking in the states and abroad. Any input is appreciated. I find reading about the clinics overwhelming and I kind of shut down after a few paragraphs. How does one decide on the right clinic?

Now I am off to catch up on this thread.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 06-27-2010, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Good to see you here, Kristin0105! I don't know anything about those types of IVF. I hope you find the info you are looking for soon.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 06-27-2010, 11:22 AM

Thanks Waturmama. I hope you are well.

Natural cycle IVF is just what it says natural no stimulating drugs they just harvest the follicles your body naturally produces that month. The theory is that your body "selects" the healthiest follicle and there are no side effects from the drugs. It is also much less expensive as the drugs are super pricey. I think they may use an HCG trigger shot. Not every clinic in the states does it but it's quite common in Europe. I am corresponding with a clinic in Czechoslovakia and the coordinator there said that is is more difficult to schedule when abroad.

So I am searching for info. trying to figure out how to decide on a clinic the websites only have so much information not enough for me to decide to use them. Not sure how to decide on one... so hard.

I also continue to be reasonably (foolishly) optimistic that maybe I don't need to go this route after all I could get pregnant on my own. But like I said I am 44.5 and feel like my time is running out. I am going to go forth and have my labs done to check my FSH, and AMH level next cycle. Really kind of scared to find out those numbers. I am doing everything I can to keep them low and be healthy.

Has anyone heard from Veganmama or MsGoodbuns recently?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:19 PM

msgoodbuns if you are lurking, I am thinking about you too. s:

Kristin, I am glad you are going the IVF route and wish you luck. afm, I will need to be taken off the "hopeful" list one way or another. My donor finally came through for me, but I will be 46 by the birth in the unliikely even that a single DIY insem results in a viable pregnancy. It's all getting a little too unlikely and out there for me, and destined to be a lonely journey with a lot of negativity.

Instead of obsessing, I choose to spend these days making special memories with me kid(s) in case Terran's life is destined to be turned upside down by a high risk, medicalized pregnancy or Maybe Baby's life is destined to be brief.

My other children are grown and gone--dd works at a nightclub/resort in Guam and ds1 is off to the police academy.

One way or another, act I is over and ds2 and I are ready to move on to our next exciting adventure.

Thank you for sharing this special time with us.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:04 PM

LROM - congratulations to you !!!!!!

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

noordinaryspider. Thank you so much for the presence you've had here. We will always be happy to see you here if you want to visit/share your wisdome. I wish you so well in Act 2. I hope that closing one door opens some other wonderful new doors ones for you and your family.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM

noordinaryspider -

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 PM

Noordinaryspider I hope this path you are on takes you on a wonderful and exciting journey where ever that may be.

I am hesitant to decide anything right now about IVF when I look at the expense I do wonder if taking that huge amount of money on a very slim chance may be wrong. Would I be depriving my daughter I have of so many things on the slim chance of getting pregnant. So much to think about. An oversees IVF vacation seems like a possible compromise as I could take her with us and she could at least have a 3 week European vacation to enjoy.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:49 PM

noordinaryspider
It sounds like you've made this decision with a lot of heart. The Act 2 you envision sounds like it could be very nurturing for both you and Terran. Thank you, too, for sharing this journey with us. As WaturMama said, please come back anytime to share again if you'd like to!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Kristin, I love the overseas IVF vacation idea. It sounds so adventurous, and such a nice way to do something special as a family no matter when the result. I wish you clarity in your decision-making about this.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM

...and such a great story to tell your resulting babies

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 PM

Just wanted to let you lovely ladies know that I am dropping for good. As much as DH and I want to be parents together, there are so many reasons why it's better that we don't. I truly hate that. But sometimes status quo is a good place to stay and that's definitely where we need to keep things in this aspect. I hate that I convince myself it will all be fine--told DH to slap me next time I bring up the baby idea (joking, of course). Age and hormones are not on my side anyway, even though I know miracles do happen all the time. We're focusing on enjoying the life we have and making the very best of it. I'm thinking some about taking classes at the local community college.

Anyway, sorry for being on and off about TTC. Thanks for letting me join you. I wish you each the best and send much baby dust.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Arianwen. You sound very clear about your decision. I've loved having you here. Always feel free to drop in. No problem at all being on and off with us about TTC. I think this is a good place to process thoughts about that. It sounds like this ending is going to open you to both peace and exciting possibilities. Sending good wishes that that is so.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM

Michelle -

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

My temp shifted yesterday--about 3.5 weeks after the miscarriage (it took almost 2 months in 2007). My energy has been really good. I am pleased with all that, and am guessing it is due to the TCM. We didn't really have a good try this month, but I feel positive about the coming ones. I am also looking some into adoption and it feel good to have another option.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

I started a new thread for summer. Come join us over here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1238982

User Tag List