40+ TTC Blossoming Baby Bellies! watching our BFP list grow - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 391 Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can you add me to hopefuls
nak
8 mos
no ppaf
want a couple more,,,tough when bf'ing....grrrrr

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 391 Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 PM

and holy poop !!!!!

yeah on the bfps

i will be 41 in a few mos....go girls!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#63 of 391 Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 PM

Ms GB, I'm having my own second thoughts but I did want to remind you that I'm going through the student loan process with an 18 year old this year, and it's looking very good as far as grants. No, he's not going to a $50K/year school, but he's very glad to have a little brother instead of a college fund.

saoirse2007, I hear you on the TTC while nursing; it took awhile for PPAF to come back, but my cycles quickly returned to normal and my pre-Terran CM issues magically resolved themselves! I'm still nursing and will be tandeming if I conceive--BTDT and not exactly my favourite thing to do, but it sure beats premature weaning.
#64 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly71 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am 38 (will be 39 in June). Since I'm closer to 40 than 30, I'm hoping this may be the tribe for me. Hoping to conceive #1 this summer.

Hi Kelly71, I wish you so well conceiving #1. Very exciting! Many of us here conceived quickly at your age. As threadkeeper, and someone who recently turned 43, I'm resistant to letting our age creep down. We've added 39s, and I don't quibble there (this is so borderline because I see you are close), but I know some of us (including me!) really find it supportive to see those 40+ ages on our front page lists.

I encourage you to embrace and enjoy your still-in-the-30s reality. Maybe start a 35+ TTC if that feels like a better fit than 30+, and feel free to lurk and visit/ask questions here.

I am sending wishes that by the time you turn 39, you'll be joining pregnancy, not TTC, threads and by the time your turn 40 you'll have a sweet babe.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#65 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
can you add me to hopefuls
nak
8 mos
no ppaf
want a couple more,,,tough when bf'ing....grrrrr
Gotcha on the list...with hope AF cooperates and #3 comes soon!

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#66 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds promising, Litmama,

MsGB. If it helps, I'm imagining it being helpful to you to do whatever it is that helps you connect with your intuition, your wise voice, the wise mama part of you--maybe drawing, meditating, journaling, praying, dancing, and see what comes to you.

AFM, I'm 3dpo. . My temp shifted on CD23, so it looks to be a long cycle, but I am still hopeful. I thought the RE wanted me to go on progesterone suppositories this cycle. I had been resistant because I'm generally a minimal drugs type gal and there is plenty of evidence that I produce progesterone just fine. But then I got used to the idea and thought it can't hurt. So today, I talked to the RE's nurse, and she tells me my progesterone is probably fine and they don't usually do that unless the person is doing Clomid or IVF. . I guess we had a misunderstanding. At least she was nice about it and was willing to ask the doctor, but since the idea was mostly (I thought) from them I think I'll skip it--as we talked more it sounded pricey. Also, she kept saying it was messy, which doesn't worry me too much, but I'm curious how it is messy. Anyone know?

#67 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM

WaturMama~
As I understand it, the progesterone suppositories are oil-based, hence the "messiness" as they melt, once inserted. Here's an article about Progesterone and fertility.

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#68 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 02:28 PM

Hi Ladies - I have been so busy and really trying not to think about this whole baby thing. But, here I am again, 5 dpo, thinking about it. I know I should be really happy with what I have. And I am. But these m/c this past year or so have me really feeling that something is missing. KWIM? Some days I think things are perfect just the way they are and other days I can get teary eyed thinking about the little ones I have lost. And to tell the truth, I don't know if I can go through losing another pregnancy. So, what am I doing here????? Sorry, illogical rant over.

Anyway - Congrats to Ompath and Shy! That is so awesome. Sticky vibes to you both. That is quite a story Ompath.

As for the progesterone, the suppositories that are in the glycerin can be really messy - but it is so not a big deal if it helps you hold onto a baby. Just wear a panty liner.

As for college funds, MSGoodbuns, if you are semiretired your income will be low and your kid would be eligible for all sorts of financial aid. Either way, those things tend to work themselves out. I hope you figure it all out.

Nice catching up with you all.
#69 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 PM

Hi, everyone. May I join you?

My name is Jen and I am 41. We've been TTC our 4th living child since 12/2007. Since then we've with 3 chemical pregnancies and 2 m/cs (one at 9 weeks, the other, twins, one lost at 7 weeks, the second at 10 weeks). We keep plugging along in our belief we'll get a sticky bean, but we do not discuss it with other people IRL because we've been told we're nuts. I could certainly use some support.

I do not chart because it makes me anxious, but do use a Clearplan fertility monitor and OPKs.

Last cycle, I took 50 mg of clomid to help mature the follicles only to have it delay my ovulation - for the first time since I began tracking it 10 years ago - until day 23. This month I am not taking clomid and, yesterday, at day 10 I had a nearly positive OPK which is so early that it is just as odd as a delayed O! Still, I am hoping it goes positive today and I've got some mature egg(s) waiting in there.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#70 of 391 Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hey fellow travellers,
im in my first tww :-). Im 6 dpo, and started taking 200mg of progesterone on 4dpo because im still nursing ds2...not sure how many times a day, maybe 5 or 6...

am 43, feel like the odds are stacked against me, but am confident nonethe less (delusional thinking maybe)

I *felt* pregnant in the first few days before taking the progesterone...slight nausea, cramping...but maybe thats just a reaction to the sperm. Now any symptom is just the progesterone, maybe my own, maybe the promotrium.

Just wanted to say hi, and ask to be added to the tww list :-)

Baby dust to all!!!
#71 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome jenjersnap! I love your user name. So sorry about your losses. I believe in beliefs that a babe is coming your way. I hope it is soon and trust that it will be at just the right time.

contactmaya . We don't have a separate 2ww list--just a hopeful list. I *hope* this will be your stickybean.

nymomma. I hear how much your heart is connected to spirits of new people.

I am 4dpo myself.

Check out this very hopeful story on mothering.com's home page: http://www.mothering.com/pregnancy-birth/new-mom-50

Thank you very much for the link lovestolearn! Very interesting. I never looked into progesterone cream before. I wasn't rejecting the suppositories for messiness, but for cost, which would add to our stress, especially dh's, which I believe would hurt our TTC journey. But the cream sounds much less expensive. I'd love to hear from those who are using it and any brand recommendations.

#72 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 AM

WaturMama~
I use Pro-gest made by Emerita--great price on Amazon. If you get it, make sure to order the paraben-free version.

It's great. Has helped my insomnia a bit and I'm on my 4th month and have gone from having very painful periods, requiring a lot of ibuprofen, to a completely painless AF in 3 months of use! Am experiencing some recent breast tenderness (...and perhaps growth? Great for my A cups!), but understand this will likely subside over time. Do read Dr. John Lee's site for more info.

We are taking a brief break from TTCing to focus on other things, so I can't attest to its effects on my fertility yet. I do see that it is having a positive effect on my cycle and my peace of mind.

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#73 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Thank you Waturmamma for the link to that story. It is really inspiring. And a homebirth on top of that! Wow.

And welcome Contactmaya and Jenjersnap. Hope your stays are short and sweet.
#74 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 01:55 PM

Waturmamma, i used pro gest when experimenting with my luteal phase whilst nursing ds1, and thinking about ttc for ds2 (who is now 2:-) ) Because of nursing, my luteal phase was about 9 days. When i used the cream, it crept up one or two days. I was never sure if it was the cream, or the fact that my fertility was returning naturally. In any case, i didnt want to take any chances with ttc, and just asked for the promotrium (by prescription only, whereas the cream is over the counter). My midwife didnt think i needed it, but i took it just in case. I got pregnant on my first try back then, at 40, nursing 8 times a day (not at night)...course, i still dont know if i needed it or not, but it was better to be on the safe side....

However, if your luteal phase is long enough, then i see no reason for progesterone. It is really just to ensure you have enough time to allow for inplantation. After that, in my case anyway, i slowly reduced my intake from 200mg a day, down to nothing by then end of 2 weeks...gradually tho.

Not sure about progesterone in relation to age...

We are very close in our cycle, so i wish you a sticky bean this time!

Maya
#75 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Thank you for the welcomes, WaturMama and nymomma.

WaturMama, I have used Pro-Gest for years in the 2WW. The compounded progesterone was too expensive and my MW told me it was a fine substitution as long as there wasn't a severe LPD. I think it falls into a "can't hurt, could help" so I feel better giving my progesterone that little boost.

Either I missed O on fertility monitor or I had a little surge that came close but didn't happen because yesterday's OPK was very negative. Hope I am not out for the month already at day 11. Makes me wish I temped so I could know for sure!

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#76 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM

Hi ladies, is my story really that wild, or is it just that I wrote it out?
Hope I wasn't too forward with all I revealed.

I've been going through exhaustion. Just trying to keep up, but today trying to catch up on writing that I've delayed... I am a little pre-occupied with the concept of telling people I've known about the pregnancy, and decided to put together a Q and A. If any of you ladies are interested, I've put together a thread for fielding questions that are thrown at those of "advanced maternal age". I thought a better location for me might be on the pregnancy thread, so I'll primarily stick over there, but would welcome connections with anyone here who has questions regarding what I went through to get here.

While we over-40 gals seem to get more strife in the way people react to us either being pregnant or trying, I opened this new thread to those 35+, as that is what the general public is told is "old". Blah. Would love your input. Should be fun!

Here is the link:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post15298489
#77 of 391 Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the progesterone cream answers everyone. I'm confused about it. I don't have a short luteal phase. It is usually about 13 days. When I had a chemical pregnancy a couple months ago my progesterone was 20 on day 12. From what I see on a quick internet seach that is fine. I put calls in the RE's office and my TCM person today to see their opinions. I like knowing that the progesterone cream is an option, but I'm thinking if I don't need it maybe best to keep things simple in the name of the lowering stress cause.

#78 of 391 Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

My TCM person called me back and said she'd prefer for me not to do the progesterone cream not to muck with what is working. The the RE's nurse called back. She also thought it was fine not to do the progesterone, but it turned out I had written my progesterone number down wrong and it was 10, not 20 on 12 dpo of the chemical pregnancy (when my HCG was 13 which was just barely considered positive.). So that 10 is not as fabulous as 20, but she said it was fine. Meanwhile I am 6dpo and having some tingly breasts today, so .

Here's baby dust to all of us on the 2WW:
And sticky dust to the BFPs:

#79 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yay for tingly breasts, WaturMama! for you!

Must catch up with everyone else tomorrow! My apologies for being a board-hog tonight...

I am just home from quite a journey. After a week of increasing pg symptoms, all of them quite physical and unmistakeable (including tingly breasts), I got a BFP on a home test this afternoon at 13dpo (a very faint line, but definitely visible, DH could see it too). The minute I'd texted DH the good news, I began to spot. I emailed my Gyn, who was out of town but suggested I call the advice nurses. I then went to teach a 3-hour class! When I was done, I called the advice nurses who sent me to the ER. In the ER they did a pee test, a blood test, and an ultrasound (very exciting for DH), all of which came up BFN. The good Dr. looked me in the eye and said, "You're not pregnant, and you NEVER WERE pregnant. Your home test was in error." When I had mentioned in the ER that I'd had symptoms and was charting, he had been very dismissive.

Now that I'm done seething about the hubris of the medical establishment, I'm left wondering... what just happened? What keeps happening to me? Why do I feel pregnant, and get positive tests, and then the next day get negative tests and begin bleeding? Is it even possible for an RE to help me? Or will they just think I'm crazy? Am I crazy? Are my symptoms just caused by normal LP progesterone? This is the 4th time this has happened.

I guess at this point I'm BFN, but I still don't have AF, just very light intermittent spotting.

I am hoping wishing praying our experience with the REs will be better than this and that they can help us untangle this mystery.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#80 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM

I am so sorry Litmama. That sounds so frustrating.
#81 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM

Litmama, that sounds awful. I'm so sorry for you. I hope you find some answers. Do you mind my asking, which test are you using? I've heard lots of bad things about the blue-dye tests and false positives.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#82 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM

Just wanted to pop in here and let you ladies now we saw HEARTBEAT today!

Baby looked like a little blob to me and DH, but had a nice heartbeat of 160 and the tech said everything look great and "you can relax now." Yes, there were tears. But I do feel like I can relax now (well, when I'm not nauseated!).

Sending lots of to all the BFPs. It's wonderful to see so much happy news on this thread!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#83 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Litmama, I'm so sorry. That sounds so stressful and disappointing and to be treated rudely, too. Ack! . Sounds like maybe a chemical pregnancy. Maybe you've had a few.

I'm in the SF Bay Area too. I've found an RE I like and a TCM practicioner I like. I don't know if we are anywhere near each other but if you want to PM me we could find out and maybe that could help.

#84 of 391 Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Karen!!! That is so wonderful.

#85 of 391 Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quiet here! I hope you all are busy with wonderful spring weekends.

I am 9dpo--having intense pg symptoms the last few days. It's interesting a few of them that I might have had with my 1st pg, I bet I wouldn't have noticed then--like extra saliva and metal taste. The senso boobs and nausea would be tough to miss. The senso boobs actually kept me from falling back asleep in the wee hours yesterday.

Anyway, I'm almost crossing the line to too optimistic for a BFP and trying to scale myself back a bit. With all this I think I will test early. I think I'll realy want to know if this was a chemical if I end up bleeding. I'm sorry to see myself less optimistic than usual about it being sticky. I guess "than usual" should be a clue. This has happened before. Though on the hopeful side, my symptoms aren't usually this intense this early. I hope that means a very healthy little one has burrowed in and got my body poring out hormones.

#86 of 391 Old 04-19-2010, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

How are you LitMama? I've been thinking of you and sending good wishes.

#87 of 391 Old 04-19-2010, 03:50 PM

I was reading about this procedure on-line and my TCM provider said it was an excellent choice for me if they would use femara instead of clomid.

Just wanted to say congrats to karen, ompath, and the other BFP's I saw on the first page.

Off to check on my little one and then back to read some and catch up on everyone.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#88 of 391 Old 04-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Hi everyone! Some of you may remember me. I used to post here quite awhile ago but for some reason stopped getting notifications so I gave up. Perhaps it will work this time. I checked the front page and I am still on there! Yay! I am so glad to see that so many of you are expecting now. That is SO awesome!!!! I am now 48 and STILL TTC another. No luck yet but I am not giving up! I had an early loss in July and another in January. I finally found an RE who will try an injects/IUI cycle with me. I went in for my baseline US last month and they found a uterine polyp and an ovarian cyst. I had the polyp removed and I am now waiting for AF to arrive so that I can try to start the injects again. I will need to read the thread to catch up with everyone!

Off to update my siggy....

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#89 of 391 Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Hi kbhlmh, lots of baby dust to you. Looks like from our siggy you conceived at 44. Thats inspiration for us 43 year olds.

Watermama, those are positive signs, this month could be the one for you!

Im 13dpo (posted this before but post never made it?) I tested and got a smudge. I guess that not a positive, but there's still hope. The night before last i had aweful nausea, and then was up all night with vomiting sand diarhea. Great timing! Im better today though, so gotta be grateful for that...
will test again tomorrow...
Maya
#90 of 391 Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM

Yay! I got a notification! Maybe that means I am back in the game!

Maya - I hope that smudge is a nice clear line tomorrow!! I conceived DS2 when I was 43y5m and gave birth about a month and a half after my 44th birthday!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page