40+ TTC Blossoming Baby Bellies! watching our BFP list grow - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 391 Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
starting at 42 my ovulation date went from my normal CD13 or 14 to CD8 in a matter of 2 months. >>>>

See, that's what I'm wondering.......but it's just weird that it lines up exactly when I started Vitex. Hmmmmm....

BTW, did you get that test? And.......?

Dee
#122 of 391 Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 PM

It's so hard to tell sometimes with our 40+ year old bodies they just start doing the craziest things hormonally. It does seem like a coincidence that you started taking the vitex and then your ovulation changed. Just wait and see what the next few months bring.

No test yet, DH is procrastinating. But I think it won't matter. Spotting started a little while ago. So I am guessing I'm out this month. I was beginning to think it was possible especially yesterday when DD was getting ready to nurse and she said to me "Momma,I've been thinking about it I don't want you to have another baby." The only time she has ever expressed not wanting another baby was when I was pregnant last year. So I was thinking she might sense something but with the spotting I guess not. Onward and upward.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#123 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Kristin0105 I'm still for you. I had spotting when I expected my period for my ds pg. I hope that is the case for you.

MamaDee4 I haven't used Vitex, but I started doing TCM last year and my cycles got much more regular and shorter in general. Maybe it is helping you get back in balance already. I hope you get some more informed answers! Would you like me to add you to our Hopefuls list on the first page?

AFM, I am 16dpo. I took a 3rd HPT today. The line was nice and solid. I haven't seen one like that in a looooong time. Very nice to see. It is sitting here on my desk.

Despite my cycles having been shorter and more regular in recent months like I just told MamaDee4, this one would have been on the long side. Probably because I was sick for most of March. I O'd on CD24. Though otherwise wonderful, the nurse I talk to at the RE's office insisted on recording and using the first day of my last period. That is a 9 day difference! I want to continue with them because they are otherwise so great and I want to get the early u/s which they will do, but I realized last night that, though I don't care what they record in my chart, I need them to be willing to tell me how my results compare to *my* calculated EDD otherwise it really won't be useful info to me, and I'll need to go somewhere else. She wants me to get HCG tests this coming week, which is why I want to find out about that now. that it will be fine. I'll talk to her tomorrow.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#124 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 AM

Happy Monday everyone!!

Watur - Glad to hear you got a nice line on your test. The RE will probably do an early US and then change your EDD based on that so I wouldn't worry about it! It is somewhat annoying though when they insist on using your LMP when you absolutely know that you O'd on a certain date!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#125 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 AM

Hey ladies, I could use some imput....

As a reminder I had a m/c on 3/24 at 9 weeks. It was natural and went as well as you could expect physically so we went ahead and BD without getting an AF.

I ovulated April 11th. I tested with an hpt negative on the 22nd at 11 dpo and the next morning noticed a tiny bit of brown when I checked my cervix so figured she was on her way.

Since then I've had some spotting every day. Not really enough to need a pad, just there when I wipe. TMI, if I check it's sometimes pinky/red but nothing on the pad.

I thought for sure AF would come full foce yesterday as I had a 14 day LP for years and she had gotten back to that right before I got pregnant this last time, but here I am at 15 dpo with still just more of the same.

Anybody else ever have something like this happen? I tested again on Saturday night and it was still negative btw.

What would cause a longer than normal LP and all this spotting? What hormone is out of wack+ When the spotting had started I figured it was due to low progesterone, but I would figure that would aslo cause a shorter than normal LP, not a longer than normal one with continued spotting.

Thanks.
#126 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Hi everyone!!

I've lurked a bit on here the last few months but now I can say I'm officially HERE, TTC at 40. My dh wasn't really on board fully until this cycle and wow, is he ever in the GAME! LOL. I have been begging for a 3rd for three years or more...and now well, he's 'ready' as he put it, just when I had nearly given up hope!

I chart and my cycles are textbook 28 days with day 12/13 being my O time. I have midcycle pain and backache, CM. Those are my indicators. Day twelve is tomorrow and we DTD all weekend. So...hopeful here

We joke that maybe we'll even have back to back babies, like a second family...our youngest is 8. The 'older' ones and the 'little ones' how nice does that sound?? But, LOL...one more would be WONDERFUL.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

kelli

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)
#127 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM

#128 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Waturmama, I would insist that they use your o date because although it does not matter now what they put in your chart, in 9 months it will. Because they may be considering you 9 days late when you are actually on track for a normal delivery. BTDT and you cannot rely on the US in my case the U/s dated my dd 2 weeks older than she was and wouldn't you know it she was delivered 2 weeks past the date the u/s put her at. So since you have such detailed and helpful information perhaps you might need to adjust the date of your LMP to coincide with your ovulation date.

AFM negative HPT and spotting so I guess it's just an odd cycle.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#129 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM

#130 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
shy

Congratulations WaturMama. I am *so thrilled* for you.

am just catching up, to you and others with bfps,
have a happy and healthy nine months.

and welcome to all the new folks.

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
#131 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
shy

Well hello everyone.
I kept thinking of posting here ... took a short break to catch up with other things in life that got behind when i was spending so much time online while TTC. unfortunately, now that I am back I must report bad news.
I lost my pregnancy at what would have been 7 weeks. I had a bad feeling when my bra was no longer tight. Then I had a blood test and hcg level was falling. so was progesterone, which was already low.... Had I waited a few more days I wouldn't have even needed those tests. But I guess for $50 (on blood tests) I was spared the shock when the mc began. I was actually relieved that it got overwith right away. In December I was waiting weeks :-(

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
#132 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh Shy, I'm so sorry mama. I'm glad it was physically not too bad, but that doesn't do the heart much good.

Take care of yourself.
#133 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Welcome, Sneezykids!

I am sorry for your loss, Shy. (((HUGS)))

Beachlover, I don't have much advice or experience. Have you tested again? With my first pregnancy, I spotted quite a bit (irritable cervix) starting from my first BFP and all turned out just fine.

WaturMama, I hope your RE will take your O date into account, but, in any case, early U/S is extremely accurate (unlike later in pregnancy) and I bet your date will prevail. GL!

Well, AF arrived today. This means that I did indeed O on CD10. Right now I am trying to decide if I want to do clomid this cycle or soy or nothing but supplements. *sigh* None of the three of them have worked so far, LOL, so I guess it's a crapshoot. Feeling very discouraged right now.

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#134 of 391 Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, shy, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Welcome sneezykids/Kelli! With your cycle and long LP, sounds promising to get kid #1 of kidphase #2 soon.

beachlover, sure doesn't sound like a progesterone issue! That seems promising. Maybe a BFP late to show up or a chemical pg. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for the former. For you, too, Kristin!

I thought about "adjusting" my first day of last period date, but I couldn't do it.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#135 of 391 Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Hi everyone...

I read this daily and must say when I am having my "why the heck do I want to be on this rollercoaster" moment you all give me hope...so thanks.

WaturMama...I was reading your question about you RE using the date of your lmp instead of your ov date. When you go for your early ultrasound remember that they are basing it on your lmp date. For example..when I was pregnant and went for my 8 week early u/s I was only measuring at 6 weeks 3 days along and there was no heartbeat. They kept telling me I was not measuring where I was suppose to for someone 8 weeks along but I kept telling them that technically I wasn't since I ovulate late. One week later there was a heartbeat..when I would have been 8 weeks if they had just dated my chart from when I ovulated. I hope this makes sense.

Please add me to the hopeful list as well. Thanks so much.
#136 of 391 Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 PM

shy I'm so sorry for your loss, mama.

Waturmama, I actually adjusted my LMP when reporting it to my midwife in my first pregnancy. When I switched to the midwives (hospital CNMs), though, I just said, "Well, LMP was XXXX, but I was charting so I know I ovulated on xxx." They just marked it down. I don't remember how many days off you are, but if it's less than a week, they should catch it on just one ultrasound. You could also say "well, I'm not sure...." But I see you couldn't bring yourself to adjust. I hope it all works out with u/s dating, if you choose to go that route.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#137 of 391 Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 AM

shy....

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#138 of 391 Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome mentalgiant! Did you stop by here before? Your "name" seems familiar to me. I added you to our hopefuls list. Can you let me know your age? It's nice to see all those 40s we're in good company with. May you move to the BFP list with a sticky bean soon.

jenjersnap. AF can be so very discouraging. I can't remember if you have tried or have interest in TCM. Many of here have found it helpful. Just one of many things to consider. I hope you find the path that feels right to you.

Thanks for the support and stories everyone. I traded messages with the RE's nurse yesterday. She said she can tell me how my numbers relate to both dates and when I have an ultrasound we can see who's "right." Not a great choice of words on her part I thought, but otherwise she has been so helpful, I'm okay with that. I am resisting a self-righteous speech about how even if she only trusts me to observe the start of my period, I have done that for 73 cycles over the past 9 years and not one of them has been 28 days. With DS my O date was just 2 days off LMP so it wasn't a big deal. The midwives still wrote my date, the docs the LMP date. But this one is 9 days different so it is a bigger deal. Hopefully it will be clear at the ultrasound, and then I just need to make sure they put it in my chart. I hope I get to worry about such things!

#139 of 391 Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Congrats Waturmama That is such great news!

Shy - I am sorry for your loss. I am not sure what is going on with you but cycles can be so strange after a m/c.

Welcome to all the new people!

AFM - I have been away a bit - just trying to keep this whole thing from taking too much of my mental energy. I am CD 10 today. DH is leaving for the weekend - not good timing - but we can't plan our lives around this either.

Just enjoying a particularly beautiful spring this year.
#140 of 391 Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Good morning everyone!

#141 of 391 Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks for responding to me, WaturMama. Funny that you mention TCM as DH and I were just discussing returning to the acupuncture and TCM combo I did for about 6 months. I stopped after I had to take a doctor-ordered TTC break (2 D&Cs in 5 months so needed some time to heal), but I think I will resume for this last push we're making. It is so expensive, but we'll figure it out.

My frustration stems from the fact that, though I am M/C-prone (unexplained), I used to get PG easily ... now that is no longer true so a sticky bean seems even more unlikely.

I hope you are feeling well, I mean, not too well, LOL, just very PG!

#142 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

jenjersnap, I think you have lots of company here in folks that got pg easier earlier. We got pg w/ds the first time we tried when I was 37. Some of these same folks from our group have babies now, so it really is possible. (I know you know that, but real examples are so nice.)

Funny about the TCM topic timing and your check with me. I have felt really nauseous today and uncomfortable boobs. So yes, feeling very well.

#143 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 09:16 AM

jenjersnap,

I am right there with you about getting pregnant easier earlier. And while I do think overall, it's a normal part of getting older (not sure how old you are, but I'm 43) but also it happens even to those of us who others would consider VERY fertile in our younger days.

I have six kids. Strangely our first took us years to conceive. Some of it was that I didn't know as much about charting as I do know, part lifestyle (bad eating habits, more drinking, etc), part I don't know what. I was even on Clomid for a stint. But after our first, once I got ppaf, I got pregnant within 4 months every single time. I do realize how extremely blessed I am.

Now at almost 44.....not so much. (still blessed, of course, just not as lucky in ttc!) It took me longer to get ppaf, even though I had the symptoms of ppaf for month prior. And now I am on cycle 8 of trying, with one m/c in February. It's strangely disconcerting b/c I fear it's the beginning of the end of my fertility in general.

I am just hoping God will say yes to one more before that happens.......even if it takes awhile.

Good luck to you!

Dee
#144 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Hey Dee, I think I know you from the ivillage TTC while nursing board. .

What you wrote rings true for me too. I've always been blessed to conceive very easily. From baby number 1 to baby number 9 and also 4 others that ended in loss.

This round of PPAF coming back was weird. It started back before around when he was 8 months, but I'd ovulate and then 3-4 days later get AF, which would consist of spotting. If I hadn't had the signs of ovulation I'd have wondered what the spotting was all about. My cycles were 40-50 days apart too.

Then finally the end of June when he was 13 months and we were on our BIG,(read expensive) family vacation she showed and showed in a grand way.

I still only had a LP of maybe 8-9 days, but the length between cycles was more normal with me ovulating around day 20. I finally started the B complex and lengthened it to about 12 days but had weird pre-AF spotting. I finally got one perfect cycle with ovulation on day 14 followed by a 14 day LP and the very next month I was pregnant, but I lost the baby at 9 weeks, at the end of March.

Now I've got my first post m/c AF. I started with spotting for 4 days and then suddenly the flood gates opened and I honestly have not bled this much since I had a PP hemmorage. It was/still is horrible.

I know most just think we should be grateful for the blessings we have and move on, but I so want to have one more child. Honestly, I never in a million years thought I'd be actually TTC at nearly 44, but here I am. Praying fervently for God's blessing of a child, one more time.

Anyways, I know this is long, but I figured we are sort of in the same boat, with age and having large families and many just not understanding how much it still hurts to see AF every month or to suffer a loss.

Good Luck to you..
#145 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
just an update...really boring. Cycle day 9, and getting more cm than i anticipated. Hope i dont ovulate too early, was expecting to this coming Tuesday (cycle day 15) but might be earlier.... lucky i bought all those cheap OKPs online.

Anyway, i have been meaning to post philosophical meanderings on the being 43 (or older, or at least over 40), and ttc.

Sigh...when i started on this journey back when i was 37, i thought i was catching the last egg. I conceived easily since then both times, and now have 2 boys under 5. The 2nd time, i was 40, breastfeeding full time, and conceived on my first try. The odds were only 1% i was told, and that was if a woman wasnt breastfeeding.

I never thought i would be in this age group and ttc. But adding a third child to our family seems like the greatest idea on the planet.

Just wondering how people on this list process all of this. I mean, do you prepare yourselves for the possibility of down syndrome? Or other so called age related risks?

I mean, each time in the past, ive had to contemplate that, and i didnt get an amnio, knowing i wouldnt abort anyway, but definitely breathed a sigh of relief when the ultrasound came back 'normal'.

On the other hand, i dont feel '43' so to speak. I mean, i dont feel middle aged, i feel the same, not really older. Just more tired because my energy goes into taking care of my kids. I dont get to do the things i used to do. My life revolves around them.

But i dont feel old.

I dont know, 43 feels like the new 28....know what i mean?

Just wanted to put my badly formed thoughts out there (there was a whole lot more i had to say, but ive forgotten it... :-)

Maya
#146 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 PM

MamaDee4, I hope God says yes to you once more too. That sounds exactly like my prayer too.

I think I went into this with false confidence since I had the example of my MIL who conceived my DH at 44. She died last summer (a really tragic story, an accident at her and FIL's 60th anniversary family reunion. :-( ) and I think of her as our little unborn soul's personal angel, shepherding him or her into being.

#147 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM

<I never thought i would be in this age group and ttc. But adding a third child to our family seems like the greatest idea on the planet.>

Same here ^ I am 40 and TTC our 3rd when our youngest is 8! I don't know...we have been busy and my dh wasn't on board fully until just recently..

40...is the new 30!

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)
#148 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Waturmam you have a good memory. I did post on the last thread about how I went to the drs and even though all my numbers are okay he pretty much told me I was not going to get pregnant based on nothing else than my age. Ugh..I get angry just thinking about it...

Anyway my age is 43..which is the new 33! : )
#149 of 391 Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 PM

<I never thought i would be in this age group and ttc. But adding a third child to our family seems like the greatest idea on the planet.>

Me either. I expected to be done at 35, not still trying at 45. Statistically I have a much greater chance of having a kid without Downs than with if I should conceive and carry to term again (not going to happen this cycle) but I also think that what i bring to parenthood would make me a better parent to a special needs kid than i would have been 20 years ago and I would also be better prepared to love, grieve, and remember an early loss.

Ironically, one of the reasons for my self-imposed "deadline" was a particular physical game I enjoyed with my older kids that i have no difficulty at all playing with little ds. I think I was needlessly afraid of being an "older" mother when what i actually feared was being a sedentary, out-of-shape, sleep deprived, malnourished, caffeine and nicotine addicted mother, all of which I had the power to correct as those habits took a toll on my body and my ability to enjoy life.

I am not willing to let ttc become a dark cloud of sadness that overshadows the joy i feel in raising the little boy i have, but I have absolutely no fear of completing my "second family" at an age that I once (and many who are reading this post may still) consider pathetic and ridiculous.

If 40 is the new 30 then 45 must be the new 35.

kbhlmh, we posted together on FF back in October, but you knew me as Eternal Optimist. I'm glad to reconnect here.

Ms GB, I hope to hear from you soon, whatever you have decided about the FET this cycle.

As for doctors, I am done with them; they told me that Terran was impossible, but they were wrong.
#150 of 391 Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM

When I think back to my attitudes in my teens and early 20's I shudder. I used to think moms with lots of kids were nuts. I also thought that having a baby when you were "old" (I probably thought over 40, don't remember) was irresponsible. I was pretty ignorant.

Now, here I am with 6 kids, trying for another at 44 in May.

I don't think too much about Downs, other than I know my odds are higher. I believe God gives these kids to certain parents for a reason. They can enrich the lives of all around them, truly.

I figure if God picks me, he thinks I can handle it. And there is a reason I maybe never understand.

But the possibility doesn't frighten me. I don't have the tests either, other than an ultrasound. I figure I wouldn't do anything about it, why know? I do think some people might want to know to prepare themselves. That's certainly valid, too.

I'd just be so grateful for another miracle.....it really wouldn't matter.

Dee

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page