40+ TTC Blossoming Baby Bellies! watching our BFP list grow - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 391 Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2bpeaceful, 7dpo sounds like a great time for sore boobs--implantation time!

In the news today: 47-year old Kelly ******* (John Travolta's wife) is 3 months pregnant. Covered very postively where I read about it. Sending her good wishes

I have an appointment for a 2nd ultrasound this coming Thursday. When I made the appointment the nurse said, "Maybe there will be a miracle." It took hours for that to sink in. There's a tiny chance. So I had a good talk with baby spirit-s/he's still quite welcome. I feel strangely calm.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#242 of 391 Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 AM

I am poking my head in (hope you don't mind) to say I think all of you ladies are so very brave and deserving! I lurk in your thread and I am often touched at how strong you all are.
WaturMama I believe in miracles! Good luck

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#243 of 391 Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 AM

Oh, WaturMama, I'll be thinking about you until Thursday! Welcome, little spirit! I believe in miracles, too!
#244 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi All,

WaturMama, I feel very hopeful for you! I'm glad to hear you're feeling hopeful, too (regardless of what happens?). Please take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Jen, I'm sorry about your frustratingly late O. I can imagine that must be heart wrenching waiting for that to happen and not knowing. I hadn't heard that a late O means a bad egg, though?

Carfreemama, you sound like you're in a very good place! I love your spirit of gratitude about this pg! I think we are cycle buddies (when I got my fleeting BFPs, FF told me my due date was 1/18). I hope you find the right balance for your travel dates and U/S dates and do whatever feels right to you. Yay for fluffy stuff!

Gerlassie, your symptoms sound very promising!

2bpeaceful, thanks for sharing your list of supplements! (I still need to write up a group list for all). Good luck with your test-o-rama!

AFM, I'm in a good place but feeling a little frustrated with my RE's nurse (the one who gave me bad info about progesterone). She scheduled a saline sonogram for Monday, a potential O-day, based on my LMP (and a mythical CD14 O) rather than my actual chart data. When I told her I'd rather not have a procedure on my O-day that would flush out my egg, she said it was "an important test that would be worth sitting out a month". My MD agreed with me, so the sono's been called off for this month. And, I've decided to skip the progesterone this month, so I'm going au naturale this cycle.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#245 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 AM

Oh, I forgot... on a lighter note: I was visiting with a very dear friend this weekend (our children were born 4 days apart and are also close friends). She pulled me aside and confided to me, "I know you are LitMama"! Isn't that a hoot? I didn't even know she was observing (I hate the word lurking, it sounds so nefarious) this board -- although I did know she was "TTC-curious". I don't know how she recognized my voice, but it's nice to know we sometimes bring our whole selves to this board, right? And on that note... a good night to all and a special hello to all the quiet observers out there!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#246 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the sweet notes to me. They really warmed my heart.

mommytoallh, it's nice to know you are lurking about.

LitMama, I love the story of our friend identifying you! I'm glad your doc agrees with you. Happy au naturele!

Here's some babydust for all of us, posters and lurkers:

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#247 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM

OK ladies, if you believe in the power of prayer, please please start praying for me.

I just got a very very faint HPT at 10 dpo. I had a negative this morning on an IC, but went and bought some name brand and came home and promptely peed on one. Long story but I actually have two positive tests sitting in front of me. One a FRER(but do to circumstances, I didn't get to read it until after the time limit)but it had a faint pink line and a CBE that came up in less than a minute, definitely a wide, blue line, and definitely +++ and yes I know everybody hates blue dye(but they were all I ever used for years, so I still have a thing for them...lol) and I'm going to smile and believe that the less than a minute means it's the real thing.

I will be testing again in the morning. I just had a loss in March at 9 weeks, my 44th birthday is in two weeks, so please if you pray, send one or more up for us that this little one is a healthy sticky little baby.
#248 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM

x

41 yr. old : Mom to MW (5/20/06) and RM (02/05/2011), m/c at 5w6d (9/07/09)
#249 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpeaceful View Post

So, 8dpo, bfn. 9dpo, bfn. still, sore boobs, creamy cm (with the internal swipe. my poor cervix is wondering what the heck is going on), and some imaginary nauseau and af-like cramping for a milisecond
Just FYI, I got BFN at 9dpo and 10dpo. And then a VERY faint positive at 11dpo (IIRC). It wasn't until 12 or 13dpo that I used a digital and got a very definite "pregnant" come up, and quickly

beachlover!! I'll be thinking thoughts for you!!

Waturmama, what news today??

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#250 of 391 Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Beachlover....can't wait to hear your results tomorrow!

So, 8dpo, bfn. 9dpo, bfn. still, sore boobs, creamy cm (with the internal swipe. my poor cervix is wondering what the heck is going on), and some imaginary nauseau and af-like cramping for a milisecond

testing tomorrow, but also feeling the slight creeping of my pre-af migraine.
Don't give up. 9 dpo is still early. I'm thinking good thoughts for you!!
#251 of 391 Old 05-21-2010, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Well, no miracle baby in the 2nd ultrasound. I just took myself off the BFP list. I loved that EDD 1/1/11--the fun of the number, the fact that I had gotten past my ideas about a "problem" with a holiday due date and embraced the notion, the idea of a little Capricorn fitting so harmoniously in our family. So that was hard. I put myself in "waiting to be ready" until I have a miscarriage.

The fetus measured the same as last time. The doctor said s/he stopped growing at just about exactly 6 weeks. I still have all the pg symptoms. He said that is because the placenta is pumping out all the pg hormones. Somehow I liked that it is working. He said he'd expect it to take 1-2 weeks to miscarry, and I'm at 7.5 weeks now, so theoretically it should be in the next few days, but this weekend is our wedding anniversary, so I'm really hoping it will take a little, but not too much longer. It will be what it will be.

After the u/s I talked to the doctor. Dh did a semen analysis (finally!) yesterday so we had that data. Given I do keep getting pg, he is not recommending any procedures for us, just continuing with timed bd. At first I was relieved, but later a bit disappointed there is no "miracle" solution.

The first month we ever tried to get pg, we got pg w/ds. Since then I have had 4 miscarriages & chem pregnancies that I know of. I think I've likely had about 3 more chem pregnancies. That seems worse than how the odds are supposed to be. I didn't think to ask about that until after the appointment so I'm following up about that.

I'm feeling a little blue this minute but mostly I've been hopeful.

Thanks for reading all that, whoever did!

#252 of 391 Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Woohoo, beachlover!!! Wow we've been getting a lot of BFPs!! this is a sticky babe for you.

2bpeaceful, that sounds very promising.

#253 of 391 Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 AM

WaturMama, I'm so sorry. I agree the odds are worse than they're supposed to be. It shouldn't be this hard to have a baby, even if we are in our 40s! I'm glad the doc thinks you should just keep trying, I do think that's good news. Wishing you lots of healing and hope that you get a babe in arms ASAP!
#254 of 391 Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM

Waturmama, while CP are losses to us, I honestly don't think doctors really count them too much in real statistics because so few people really know they are pregnant so soon. Of course with the increase in sensitive HPTS, we all are finding out sooner and sooner and so get our hopes up just to have them dashed.

At this point with a new pregnancy and yet not even due for AF until Monday, I sure hope I don't end up in that part of the statistic again.

My last loss was at 9 weeks in March, but like your pregnancy now, the baby never made it past 6 weeks. I'm not sure what I want to do this time.Should I go for an early u/s. I don't know at this point. I think I'll just wait and see what happens. Last time I didn't have tons of symptoms, but the ones I did have I remember losing at about 7 weeks.

I'm just taking things day by day right now.

Be kind to yourself.(((HUGS)))
#255 of 391 Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM

beachlover, congrats! The attachment starts early, that's for sure. Sometimes it feels as though how we find out, having to wait it out and yet not being able to affect outcome...it's just torture. I think you have to go with your gut on when to get u/s and what not. For me, I have generalized anxiety disorder and OCD; so I think knowing as early as possible the status of my pregnancy is better for me and the baby. But most pregnant ladies I know have waited until at least 12 weeks, unless there was a specific reason not to. I wish you peace of mind for the next few months!
#256 of 391 Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the notes, both of you. Beachlover, that makes a lot of sense that they can't include the chem pgs in the stats because most people wouldn't be able to give that data. That is a relief for me w/my stats. I'll let you all know what the doc says. I didn't hear back from him today.

I agree with carfreemama, re: go w/your gut on the u/s. Even tho I am normally a minimal intervention person it was clear for me I wanted to this one early. I trust you'll have clarity when the time is right.

#257 of 391 Old 05-22-2010, 04:45 PM

Congrats, beachlover! I know you're taking it day by day at this point, but I hope you're feeling at least a little joy (and it's wonderful wellness power).

2bpeaceful Keep us posted!

WaturMama, I'm so sorry. I hope your anniversary with DH will bring you some comfort and joy. I read recently that if the stats included chemicals, the percentage of losses would be more like 70% (for women of all ages). The good news is you are consistently conceiving -- and how great that your MD was encouraging about that! Take good care.

#258 of 391 Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 PM

x

#259 of 391 Old 05-23-2010, 11:54 AM

x

#260 of 391 Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Hooray! I'll be thinking thoughts for yoU!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#261 of 391 Old 05-23-2010, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hey 2bpeaceful, how exciting!
Waturmama, i pray the next one will be it for you, you seem to get pregnant so easily, so something is working

So im cd5 for this month. Im taking soy isoflavins this time, and bromelain (a pineapple extract),because my period was so light, that i reckon my endometrium must be very thin. I mean, i have never had such a light period. You would have thought i didnt ovulate, but i had all the signs, strong o pain, plenty of cm, temp shift etc.

In any case, litmama, you can add this to my list of pills:

preluteal phase- 75mg soy isoflavins from day 5-9
1 pill of bromelain with each meal (dont remember dosage)
the usual prenatal, and fish oil.
post O 70mg of promotrium. (down from 200....ds is reducing his breastfeeding, and i strongly suspect my luteal phase may be back to normal, but dont know for sure. 60mg was enough to keep af away this month)

Btw, does anyone know about the safety of taking DHEA and breastfeeding? Apparently it improves egg quality.

On the other hand, im still fairly sure that i missed the egg this month as well.

:-) Maya
#262 of 391 Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The faintest of lines, but it is there! I poas this morning just because I had one (ok, two) left. I had given up, already made the RE appointment, etc.

Just taking it in the moment, but for the moment, BFP OH BFP, yes BFP!!
Oh 2bpeaceful, yay! yay! yay! Sending stickbabystick wishes!!

#263 of 391 Old 05-25-2010, 12:16 PM

Congratulations, 2bpeaceful! Yay for your BFP! Sending sticky vibes your way!

#264 of 391 Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM

x

#265 of 391 Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 PM

First prenatal appt tomorrow, really worried.

I started having very light brown spotting last night and into today. Whatever pregnancy symptoms I had have mostly gone. No cramping, no real blood. But still. I never had m/s with dd, either and dh says I worried about all the same things last time, including spotting. Given my anxiety disorder, it's almost impossible to separate out what is what. I should be 6-7 weeks tomorrow, depending on the cycle-length you go by.

In Nova Scotia, they don't usually do u/s until 12 weeks and that's for old gals. 2bpeaceful, I love that conversation you had, BTW. Best of luck to you too!

I want to know something about the status of this pregnancy, but it's pretty clear I won't get many answers until at least after I come back from this trip. I'm to preoccupied to want to go, but I can't back out! I hope they will schedule me for an u/s!
#266 of 391 Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Carfree and 2bpeaceful, im so excited for you, and sending you plenty of sticky vibes!

I just wanted to mention that in a previous post i said i was taking soy isoflavones and bromedain pineapple extract, to thicken my endomterium which seemed very thin this month.

Not doing it. Not taking those supplements :-)

I just want my normal body back and to be able to read my body like it has always been.

Im so glad ive decided not to take them. However, i did take 75mg of soy isoflavones 2 nights in a row, and am wondering now whats going to happen. (you are supposed to take them 5 days in a row, cycle day 3-7, or 5-9) I hope it just delays O and doesnt suppress it.

Maya
#267 of 391 Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 PM

Carfree, I'm sorry about the spotting, and especially it's horrible timing with yoru planned trip. I hope they could offer a little reassurance to you today.

As a Canadian living in the U.S., I do know that if you went to the ER they would likelly do an u/s right away. They did for me when I had my m/c back in 1998(that was in Ontario though). Worth a shot anyways if you are unsure of what's going on and worried about travelling.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
#268 of 391 Old 05-26-2010, 08:10 PM

I miscarried today.

I have a thread in Parenting somewhere and getting lots of advice and support, but here I am back in my cyberhome with all you other courageous ladies.

I am surprisingly all right. Now I know what it's like and while it was awful, it was bearable. One less thing to be afraid of (though this was relatively early).

I measured at 7 weeks. One nurse practitioner said I seemed more like 8 weeks and then my anxiety kicked in. I thought "this is where they find the inoperable uterine mass." I still worry that's why my uterus was so big. I was pretty sure I was 7 weeks, though and another doc did an internal and agreed that seemed right. Is it normal to be measuring bigger than you thought, even if you know your dates are right? Honestly, I can't get this thought out of my mind. Because of this, she wanted to send me "straight to emergency" for an "urgent ultrasound," but then backed down when the doctor agreed with my dates. Why are they taking this so seriously? Emotionally, they sucked BTW. When I told the receptionist I was here for my first prenatal; but that I had just miscarried an hour earlier, she said "Oh, are you just here for a checkup, then?" Then she went on to talk loudly to her coworker all about her baby. She didn't even acknowledge what I'd said. Then I waited, still physically going through it, for 45 minutes. Nobody asked how I was. It's not like I was looking for everyone to make a big fuss over me, but still.

The nurse also said I had a "borderline fever;" but it was 37.7. Is that really a fever? She said I need to monitor myself closely tonight in case of increased fever or excessive bleeding. If I feel okay emotionally and physically today, will I stay that way? Will I cry unexpectedly? I want to go on my trip. I am tired and weak. I think I've lost a fair bit of blood, but nothing that alarms me. I see my wonderful doctor there tomorrow morning, for an Rh shot and just to talk to her. She told the nurse practitioner over the phone to "give her a big hug for me." I so wish she had been there today.

When can I try again? Am I more fertile right now?
#269 of 391 Old 05-26-2010, 08:40 PM

x

#270 of 391 Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Carfreemama, I am so sorry. . I hate the way you were treated at that office. Shockingly insensitive. I'm so glad you are going to see your wonderful doctor tomorrow. I bet that will help put your mind at ease about a lot of things.

It sounds like you are really drawn to going on the trip. It seems like finding a way to make it work for your current reality will be a good way of caring for yourself.

And yes, sudden crying and/or sobbing has been part of my miscarriage experiences, especially early on. I really believe that letting it out when it came up, ultimately helped me heal faster. I wish you well finding the path of grief that works for you.

I was told after my 2007 m/c by both a gynecologist and a midwife to try again when I felt physically and emotionally ready, even the next cycle. I have heard you are more fertile right after a m/c, but also more likely to m/c again. I think both of those influences are slight. My midwife had multiple clients that got pg the cycle after a m/c and carried to term.

AFM, I am still waiting to miscarry. Not even any spotting. I want this to happen naturally, but I don't want it to linger too long. I'm not feeling a lot of time luxury. Maybe I need to let that go. In 2007 I waited a long time (4 weeks after the u/s, 7 weeks after growth stopped) for a m/c and ultimately had a d&c. I did acupuncture and homeopathy to help then. I suppose those are the next step now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page