Mamas 40+ ttc? - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 228 Old 07-31-2004, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Napless, your going to love that book! Buy it!

Went to an herbalist today, it feels good to be doing something. I didn't find out anything new, but I did feel reassured that what I AM doing is a good routine. How are the rest of you??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 228 Old 07-31-2004, 12:17 PM

well, I'm ok.
trying to sneak BD in with an 11 mos old that barely naps - LOL
& well y'know.
(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) &
to everyone.
I think I'll look for TCOYF in Amazon or Ebay.

It's raining here & we have a family reunion to go to & I'm excited to see folks I have not seen for 25 yrs.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#213 of 228 Old 07-31-2004, 02:32 PM

Hi everyone

...snuck in some bd this morning It isn't always easy, is it, Polka? :LOL

Now I must visalize strong, healthy swimmers charging to a healthy, ready egg....!

Velveteen....I didn't expect it to take so long either

Great book Napless!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#214 of 228 Old 07-31-2004, 07:38 PM

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Still here. CD? 17. Yeah... CD17. So busy with house building I hardly know what day of the week it is, much less what cycle day I am. They move the mobile home out this week. Please pray to the God/Goddess of your choosing that they don't squash our septic system!!!

In this chaos, I am sometimes remembering to take my herbs. We have missed our opportunity for the last 2 months due to travel/moving. Maybe next month!!! Still staying positive!

Ooooh... morning nookie!
#215 of 228 Old 08-01-2004, 03:57 PM

Well it's the dreaded 2WW! Not that I don't have plenty to keep me busy this summer...

napless: I bought my TCOYF on Amazon.com, and bought a "gently used copy" for about $5. it's just as good except the charting sample was gone from the last page. But that was ok since I chart at fertilityfriend.com, anyway.
Velveteen: it's a great way to do it, to be sure. I wasn't, so I started charting BBT. If you're diligent about it (and I am) your body will tell you what's happening. I feel so much more in control and this is the first time I've done charting. The only thing it cost me was the thermometer (you have to get one that measures in one/tenths, not two like the standard fever thermometers).
Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!
:
#216 of 228 Old 08-01-2004, 11:45 PM

2ww for me too!
#217 of 228 Old 08-08-2004, 11:12 PM

well I don't know what happened to this thread! Did ya'll go somewhere? anything happening for anyone? I'm just confused. I'm charting my BBT using FAM and according to FertilityFriend.com, I had BD at just the right time. So the 2ww goes on, BUT I noticed some light red when I used the bathroom today on the tissue. However, nothing like AF yet.. I hope it's not her, cause it would be my shortest LP in a long long time. This mess is enough to make ya crazy!

Hope everyone's summer is going great! only three weeks til school starts - eek!!
#218 of 228 Old 08-09-2004, 02:21 AM

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
I'm still here, Nancy! Just not posting as much lately due to a move and trying to get a mobile home moved off our property so that we can build a house.

When did you O??? Could that 'light red' be implantation spotting?!?
#219 of 228 Old 08-09-2004, 02:26 AM

That light red sounds very promising!!! I hope it is implantaion spotting for you!!

Still here, and now in the 2ww. The first week is pretty easy. I start getting worried when I don't 'feel' anything, then I get discouraged, etc. etc.
#220 of 228 Old 08-13-2004, 04:24 PM

Well the "light red" was just the signs of early AF. Shortest LP I've had in a long time. That's not a good sign. Sadly, it was our last good chance to do BD cause my DH started a second, third-shift job this week so he'll never be home when I want him to! Well I just consider this more of a challenge!

How's everyone else doing? School starts in two weeks! (for those of us educating our kids outside the home in my area. I wish I had the guts - let alone energy - to homeschool...)
#221 of 228 Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 PM

: : reboot : ((((((sigh))))))))))

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#222 of 228 Old 08-14-2004, 01:29 AM

Sorry Polka and sorry nanmama

Soooo, I went in for a scheduled mamogram~ my first one. I realized that after she had x-rayed one breast, that I was in the 2ww and this was a no no!! My heart was racing!!! The lady said 'are you ok?', and so I told her I was ttc, and she said 'we prefer not to do this if you think you may be pg!!!!'

I had to travel to the appt. in the early am, drop ds off with a friend, fight traffic, and..........she wants to know if I want to reschedule. : I just didn't know what to do! We were half done! I am mad at my ob, because she shouldn't have had me go in either.
After talking to the caregiver there, she assured me that the x-rays scatter OUT, not down, because after all, they are interested in the upper body only. I did wear an apron after that first time.
Anyway, its probably a moot point because I'm not feeling pregnant.
This time I will feel a bit more OK with not being pg because of that. She said the same amount of radioactivity would be present if I went on an airplane and traveled, so I felt somewhat better.
Please reassure me.
#223 of 228 Old 08-14-2004, 01:59 PM

Velveteen -
take a deep breath - ok, now think of ALL the women out there that don't even know they are PG & take meds they aren't supposed to, drink too much, maybe even do some drugs in early PG & they have ok babes.

Think of medievil women & all the crap they endured.

The Medical community really has us scared.

The level of radiation was really low & you did catch in time b/f it went on further.

Please - you may worry yourself out if you are PG -

love YA -

everyone else doing ok ??

well after my reboot, DS's 1 yr old B-day is next Sunday so I'm preoccupied by that.

#224 of 228 Old 08-15-2004, 03:15 AM

Ah thanks Polka, you helped me!

Anyone else have angst issues around here besides me? Thinking it won't happen, but hoping it will and wishing, wishing??? At the same time, I think I may have missed the fertility boat
#225 of 228 Old 08-15-2004, 10:09 PM

Polka - sorry about the reboot. Does it help to know you're not alone on this ride? It helps me..
Velveteen: when I was preg with my six-year-old daughter (who is gorgeous and brilliant, btw), I didn't even know it until I was on a plane to Canada for a business trip. I felt bad that whole day and then on the flight home it hit me - omg I think I may be pg! So I had a round-trip flight and indeed I was pregnant. On top of that, my dh and I had been spending some rip-roaring alcoholic-dazed weekends prior to that. I like to believe that God protected that baby since we weren't doing anything bad knowingly, you know? So if I were you, I wouldn't worry.. ah that's a lie, I probably would.
The angst is different for everyone, isn't it? Mine is deeply personal, believing I have one more baby in me for reasons known only to me and my God. But I believe that if it doesn't happen, I have been blessed with those I have and must accept that I'm no longer the fertile myrtle I used to be! For me, a great deal of it is realizing that my body is aging, even if my mind is not. It's hard to do. I just went to my sister's FIFTIETH!!! birthday party yesterday. Good grief, I really feel OLD now!! I'll have to see how our mother is holding up! :
Love to all... and good luck, Velveteen!
(Wonder where everyone else is.. Shakti, how's the move going?)
#226 of 228 Old 08-17-2004, 02:34 AM

Follow me to a new 40+ and ttc thread! I don't know how to post it here, I'm still computer illiterate, but I started a new thread.
Now you really know I'm computer illiterate, because I posted it twice! OOPS! Just pick one and we will go with that.
#227 of 228 Old 08-17-2004, 09:43 PM

how do I do that??? I can't find you now...
#228 of 228 Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 AM

nanmama, go to the trying to conceive forum, and look down the column, you will see the new thread.
Wish I could post the link for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page