*~*The Fabulous ONE Thread, March 28-April 3*~* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
9DPO and caved once i got home with my tests....so....um.....i'm TOTALLY going to be taking one of my FRER's by sunday morning after getting a VERY faint + this early in the game. It looks just like my first BFP from my trigger shot....and i know my trigger shot is out of my system because i've tested 5dpo and 6dpo and got neg's both days. SOOOOO i'm really praying that this isn't just playing with my emotions and I'll have a NICE FAT BFP come the first of the week. Will totally still be testing the rest of the weekend too!!!

eta: This was with SMU also so....i'm going to see what i get in the morning with FMU!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#362 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Oops-never mind.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#363 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalynsMama View Post
Emski!!!! I figured it out!!! How is your cute little DD?? And the move isn't definite yet... maybe I'll still be around when your next one arrives. So great to see you on here! We should get the little one together soon
Just saw this-glad you figured it out.

She's good-a little peanut. And she is 18 MONTHS! Where did the time go?

My mom asks how you and Stacy are all the time.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#364 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Stevi: That was a horrible April Fools joke, I got soooooo excited since I didn't read it until today.

AFM: Well I mentioned on here how the night I got my positive OPK dh and I got into a spat and had no bding. Well last he got called into work so no bding then either. UGH!! Looks like I am out this cycle, that is unless those swimmers 3 days before O did the trick haha.

Tonight is "date night" and the very first time we have paid a baby sitter (before now only family has kept him). Maybe I can get lucky tonight and nothing will come up and we can have one last effort to get some swimmers in there. I mean there is always hope that I o'd late right? Never thought I would say that.
Now, you've been around long enough to know better than all of that nonsense!!!

A positive OPK means you will ovulate from 24-36 hours later. AND!!! The egg lives for up to 24 hours. So, jump your DH before leaving the house tonight, then go on your date, then jump him again!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#365 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Can only pop in real quick...on my break at work...

I poas this morning and got a bfM

I swear a saw a pink line at first (on FRER) but by the time the limit was up it got fainter and my DH couldn't see it at all (he thinks i'm crazy for trying to squint and all that.

I'm 12dpo and was reallllllly hoping for a big fat dark bfp but i'm still at the maybe point. Def gonna test again tomorrow and then i'm probably gonna get AF on Easter if i'm not preggo

QUICK RANT: I had af on THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS, MY BIRTHDAY (which was our first cycle of ttc so it was an extra bummer) and now probably on EASTER or i'm preggo and i'll be

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#366 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
9DPO and caved once i got home with my tests....so....um.....i'm TOTALLY going to be taking one of my FRER's by sunday morning after getting a VERY faint + this early in the game. It looks just like my first BFP from my trigger shot....and i know my trigger shot is out of my system because i've tested 5dpo and 6dpo and got neg's both days. SOOOOO i'm really praying that this isn't just playing with my emotions and I'll have a NICE FAT BFP come the first of the week. Will totally still be testing the rest of the weekend too!!!

eta: This was with SMU also so....i'm going to see what i get in the morning with FMU!!!
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!

Oh!!!! I will hope with all my might that that faint line blossoms into a beautiful thick bar by Sunday!!!!

AAM... Nothing really exciting. I'm still depressed about my missing camera. I was supposed to have a first date tonight, but haven't heard from the guy since Wednesday, which kinda bothers me. I haven't heard from Mr. Gorgeous this week either, I don't plan on keeping him, but he's great for my ego.

If I have any spare time this weekend, with all of the school work I need to do, I'm going to toss my line back into the water for new Mr. Possibles.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#367 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Can only pop in real quick...on my break at work...

I poas this morning and got a bfM

I swear a saw a pink line at first (on FRER) but by the time the limit was up it got fainter and my DH couldn't see it at all (he thinks i'm crazy for trying to squint and all that.

I'm 12dpo and was reallllllly hoping for a big fat dark bfp but i'm still at the maybe point. Def gonna test again tomorrow and then i'm probably gonna get AF on Easter if i'm not preggo

QUICK RANT: I had af on THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS, MY BIRTHDAY (which was our first cycle of ttc so it was an extra bummer) and now probably on EASTER or i'm preggo and i'll be
Now, you stop that squinting! It's bad for your eyes!!!

Go buy a magnifying glass.

#368 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Mae - help! Can you tell me about this type of "af".... only other time I had such a short af with bleeding lasting less than 24 hrs it was when I was pg with my dd. I'm worried that that's not the case now and that mirena f'ed up my cycles and I'm going to have a terrible time ttc.

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#369 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Yeah, so... showed on the one-year anniversary of my son's stillbirth. Really? Really, universe? REALLY?

back to waiting to O...

Thankfully, I have lots of leftover cake!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#370 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a long, long time, since my youngest is 5. My husband and I have been talking about this for a long time, and I think I can be added to the waiting to be ready list. Because of my high risk issues (two previous preemies, now advanced maternal age, 37, as well) we still haven't 100% decided, but I'm making an appointment with a perinatologist to talk about my options. I also am a teacher, so timing wise we probably wouldn't begin trying until July or so.
#371 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 03:42 PM

MI Dawn, I'm sorry. That's just really crummy. I'm sending you warm thoughts, this must be a very hard time for you.

HulaJenn - I know it's early, but not even a whisper. At least when you see *something* you have a little hope, these ICs are downright cruel. STARK white. I just have a feeling this isn't the month, I had been crampy the last few days but today I feel great, albiet a little mopey and I think that means AF is on the way.... I think I should do myself the favor by not testing again until Monday or Tuesday if I don't get AF by then...

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#372 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Hugs MI_Dawn.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#373 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 04:27 PM

Thanks all for your support and celebration - it's so exciting to be able to share these moments. I am going to do another test on the 4th (Sunday) and see if it comes out a bit darker....

for some more BFP's to join over in the Dec DDC

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#374 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 PM

dawn (((big hug)))

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#375 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
Mae - help! Can you tell me about this type of "af".... only other time I had such a short af with bleeding lasting less than 24 hrs it was when I was pg with my dd. I'm worried that that's not the case now and that mirena f'ed up my cycles and I'm going to have a terrible time ttc.
Are you temping/charting?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#376 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Hi Ladies-

Sorry I haven't been around much lately...

I have been a little down about ttc (and it not working) lately... You can read about it in the bsl thread, if you are so inclined...

So, you can move me to waiting to O, please!

this is my last chance at a 2010 bab, which 9 months ago, I was sure I would have. So sad.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#377 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Are you temping/charting?
No but I will be

#378 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 PM

s dawn

#379 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
No but I will be
Then it sounds like a possible anovulatory cycle... the other lady who is going through the exact same thing as you right now... sounds like the same. It would explain AF not showing up when it should and the weird bleeding/extremely short light bleeding compared to normal.

Its nothing to worry about if this is the only time it has happened. Totally normal healthy women can have an anovulatory cycle now and again. I did in October of 2008... wasnt TTC at the time, DF was 1100 miles away, AF ended up 2 weeks late and was short and light when it finally showed up.

I didnt have any stress in my life right then... as DF had already told me long before then that he would be deploying and by then I had dealt with it, I lost my job in august but by october I had dealt with it (I was still working at the time too, their shut-down date wasnt until May 2009)

Its something we all go through sometimes. Many women never even notice it... some women do. Charting will help you spot it before you end up with AF 5 days late and wondering where the heck it is.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#380 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Sarabravo-- I am betting it's the mirena... It releases synthetic progesterone and now your body is trying to get back to normal without it. I don't think it would be surprising to have a few crazy cycles before all of the "progesterone" is out of your body.

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
#381 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Fm- thought this was my month too
Lousli- best of luck!

Afm- so right after my af left I got lines on my opks but they weren't dark and faded as I got further in my cycle and didn't get lines again til I got pos. Soo... if this was af if I take an opk should I get lines the same as last time the day after af left?

#382 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 06:57 PM

Add me to Waiting to O! It should be Sunday or Monday but that's not stopping me from POAS twice today

It took us many years to conceive DS and I am a bit worried about this try. My periods have become more irregular over the past year. I was always 28 days (you could seriously set a clock to me) but now I'm bouncing between 24-27 days. Still within normal range but I still worry. We only have 3 shots at this but I'm trying to not let that stress me.

Julie - Wife to Louis, Mamma to Ben (11/06) and 2
#383 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Fm- thought this was my month too
Lousli- best of luck!

Afm- so right after my af left I got lines on my opks but they weren't dark and faded as I got further in my cycle and didn't get lines again til I got pos. Soo... if this was af if I take an opk should I get lines the same as last time the day after af left?
an OPK cannot tell you if your bleeding is AF or not

an OPK can work just like an HPT and detect hcg so if you have hcg in your system, or lh, you will get a line. So if you were pregnant and tried that, you could get a positive OPK and on your thinking that would mean it really was AF.

You can have lh in different quantities throughout your cycle, which is why when you have a line that is not as dark as or darker than the control, its not positive. It doesnt tell you anything at all except you have some LH in your system (which you can have even during your LP!) which is why you got a line at the end of your last af long before it turned positive.

You can also get a positive and never even ovulate... but thats a whole different matter. So uh... basically... dont waste your OPK its not going to tell you anything certain.

#384 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Congratulations to the waterfall of recent BFPs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a long, long time, since my youngest is 5. My husband and I have been talking about this for a long time, and I think I can be added to the waiting to be ready list. Because of my high risk issues (two previous preemies, now advanced maternal age, 37, as well) we still haven't 100% decided, but I'm making an appointment with a perinatologist to talk about my options. I also am a teacher, so timing wise we probably wouldn't begin trying until July or so.
Yay, someone else to join me in waiting to be ready! Good luck! We will also be TTC starting in July.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#385 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome ladies. It feels weird to be posting here. I probably will mostly lurk and possibly just post some updates after I meet with the perinatologist. I'm not even sure I plan to chart this time around.
#386 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 PM

just a quick fact about mirena, because i know a lot of women wonder about this- when first inserted, mirena releases about 20 mcg of progesterone a day. towards the end of it's 5 years, it's releasing closer to 10 mcg/day. those of us on progesterone suppositories or pills take between 200 and 600 mg a day. so at 200 mg/day, that is 200,000 times the daily dose of a new mirena, and even that pretty much clears out of our systems within about 3 days or so, because when we stop progesterone, prog levels drop quickly enough that we have af soon after. the other thing about mirena is the delivery of the progesterone is very localized, it's not really systemic. so mirena shouldnt do too much to interfere with cycles once off it. not to say a funky cycle cant happen here and there, but probably not due to progesterone from coming off mirena.

and just while on the topic, i absolutely loved my mirena, although i was a little afraid of it before i got it, it ended up being great- nothing to remember to take, no trips to the pharmacy, after a while, no af. so if when the time comes any of you mamas consider it- i give it two up.

#387 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 08:07 PM

small but mighty lousli- don't feel weird at all- here,the more the merrier, you are very welcome to chime in anytime!

#388 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 PM

Mae- I mean like are you lh levels the same in a particular point in your cycle each cyle. (Does that make sence? My words don't want to come out right) so like would I get a line with the same intensity each cd7?

Karma- I had mirena for over 2 years. I had my period the entire time except for when I had two chemical pregnancies both confirmed with bfp's followed by heavy bleeding and bfn's. So I figured I got pg twice on mirena (obviously w/o trying) I should be able to get pg soon after it was removed.

#389 of 426 Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Mae- I mean like are you lh levels the same in a particular point in your cycle each cyle. (Does that make sence? My words don't want to come out right) so like would I get a line with the same intensity each cd7?
No.

And Re:Mirena - it releases levonorgestrel, a progestagen but NOT progesterone (there are different progestagens, progesterone is not the only one, progesterone is P4). Low levels of levonorgestrel can cause your uterus to be unfit for implantation. And I'm not sure, but from what I am reading levonorgestrel stays in your system much longer, explaining part of why Mirena can affect you for so long after its use. Levonorgestrel is not a fun hormone... its in the Plan B pill and a large number of other birth control pills. While SOME pills use progesterone, not many do.

The other reason is your body is a sensitive machine, you throw in something that throws it off chemically it can take quite a while to get yourself back into the correct gear even if you are doing everything right... part of why having thyroid problems means it could take up to a few months of taking your medication before all of the symptoms disappear. Also part of why taking antidepressants can take several weeks before they kick in, so to speak.

#390 of 426 Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 AM

i sort of agree. true, it's levonorgesterol, a progestin which is an artificial progesterone, and both progestins and progesterone are progestagens. say that ten times fast! i always liked levonorgesterol, maybe it just worked well for me, but out of the dozen or so diff bcps i've been on at various times in my life, i had the fewest side effects with that one and norgesterol- my fav was lo ovral, don't even know if that one is still on the market. actually, i liked loestrin too. ah, my ex was an ob/gyn so basically i took whatever came from the most generous drug reps. i dont know of any bc pills that actually use straight on progesterone- they may all say in a general sense that they are an estrogen and a progesterone, or for the mini-pill, just a progesterone, but they all use progestins as far as i can recall off the top of my head. and mirena. in any case, their half-lives are about the same, somewhere in the 35-55 hour range, with actual p4 being on the longer side of the range, up to 55 hours or so. in any case, mirena says that most women will have af within 4-6 weeks, o in 2-4. they say that it doesnt mess up cycles once off it, (of course they do, right?) but that being on it can mask irregular cycles that some women may be prone to. same for the pill, really. i know for me, i o'd 11 days after mirena, and 14 days after stopping the pill, not that it would be the same for everyone of course.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page