*~*The Fabulous ONE Thread, March 28-April 3*~* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bfn

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#182 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Sobranna - don't remember if I congratulated you yet!! Now come over here and breathe on me; hopefully it's contagious!!

Holly - Sending hugs.

Mumma - The parents were "ok" with what happened? Isn't that weird? If it were my child, someone would have to stop me from showing up with a baseball bat. Oh well. At least that woman won't be able to hurt another child again!

Welcome, Spinnerette!

Karma - You have such a great, relaxed attitude to all of this. If you don't get a BFP this month, what do you think your next steps are?

Finn and Tear - how many dpo are you? You know the deal: you're not out until AF shows!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#183 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
I'm here! My name is Kate, I'm 22 and we're trying to conceive our first child. My chart is here, reaaaaaaaaaally messed up (as far as I know, it's my first month charting). I had some mid cycle bleeding and I'm coming off birth control for the first time in years. I'm looking for opinions on my chart, maybe I'm way off and should split them at the light bleeding I had mid cycle.. Any ideas?

I'm so glad to be in this forum! It's nice to meet you all!
hi, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumma cop kaz View Post
As for the horrible girl from yesterday, she was stood down immediately and could not offer an excuse, I spent an hour and half with the centre owner a wonderful, caring man who the terminated her employment today. I have been asked to do a presentation to the rest of the staff about child abuse and results of what we deal with at work and turn it into something positive.
The thing about it that when I asked the owner about the parents reaction to what happened, they apparently were like 'oh okay no problem'. So i dont think they will proceed criminally.
Either way she wont return to daycare and wont work with kids again!! Job done!!
it's kind of sad that the other parents' reactions were so muted-- it could be because they weren't there to see it happen, maybe? anyway, it's good to know that she's no longer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
bfn
well, darn it!

afm, i woke up about an hour earlier than usual this morning because my younger son peed on me. i took my temp before getting up to clean it up, and there was a big drop this morning. i know i'm not out until af shows, but i'm not optimistic with a big drop at 11dpo. *sigh*

christina

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
#184 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM

Welcome Kate!

Karma, interesting about the LPD. I have LPD due to nursing, not sure how that fits in. Unless it's not from nursing and just from being older now. I have never TTCd while not nursing, I got pregnant with #1 while TTA and my LP was 14 days. Now I'm lucky to hit 10. Although I did get pregnant successfully with #2 but I'm way older now. Oh well, I got a BFN this morning, at only 6 DPO I KNOW....it's an ugly whiteness.

Also, does anyone notice a temp diff when taking your temp on the opposite side of your mouth? I got one temp on my right, took it again immediately on the other side and it was .2 higher, redid the right one and got the same lower temp, redid the left side and got the same higher temp. What gives. Clearly I used the higher temp because that's how I rolll....

Holly -

Divine - I need to go stalk your chart...how many DPO are you now? You stumped me too!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#185 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
Also how late can implantation occur?
Could late implantation be a reason for late bfp's
It can occur up to around 12dpo (if your lp is that long) but many studies show that implantation that late has less chance of surviving... that said, a late bfp... no it does NOT mean that you implanted late.

It could mean your HCG is not metabolizing as fast or not rising as fast as for other women (which can happen in a totally normal healthy pregnancy...)

after all if it doubles every 48 hours (a healthy amount early on)

A level of 5 x 2 days = 10 x 2 days = 20... that's 4 days from when you were at 5. And that's if you hit five on the day of implantation, which if you are doubling only every 48 hours probably isn't the case. That is how people like me get a bfp 7 days after implantation and still go on to be 16 weeks today with no signs of anything wrong. (and even doubling slower than every 48 hours can STILL be healthy!)

Thats why 13dpo with a bfn isn't really a big deal as long as AF isn't here.

<3

so when I say its not over until AF shows... I really mean it!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#186 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
It can occur up to around 12dpo (if your lp is that long) but many studies show that implantation that late has less chance of surviving... that said, a late bfp... no it does NOT mean that you implanted late.

It could mean your HCG is not metabolizing as fast or not rising as fast as for other women (which can happen in a totally normal healthy pregnancy...)

A level of 5 x 2 days = 10 x 2 days = 20... that's 4 days from when you were at 5. And that's if you hit five on the day of implantation, which if you are doubling only every 48 hours probably isn't the case. That is how people like me get a bfp 7 days after implantation and still go on to be 16 weeks today with no signs of anything wrong. (and even doubling slower than every 48 hours can STILL be healthy!)

<3

But it still feels crappy to get a bfn with a super sensitive ic at 12dpo! Even though there are still no af symptoms.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#187 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:

<3

Did I tell you I love you! I feel so much better.

Holly- I'm sorry I hope we both get bfp's SOON! This whole bfn every morning bites big time.

What does fx mean? Thank you clh lol

Mumma cop- what is wrong with those other parents? What did the parents of the child say? Ugh so frustrating. I'm with divine she can bring the baseball bat I'll bring the tire iron! We will show that child abuser what a cop an army girl and the divine mrs.m think of her and what it feels like to be picked on! Grrrr!

So afm 12dpo cd31 no af... and a huge BFN!
To keep my spirits up I'm going to read some bible say some prayers drink some tea and play mommy and me with my kidos. I need to make some banana nut bread.

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#188 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:

<3

Thank you for this!! Totally needed to hear it. <3 You have a wonderful way of explaining these things, MaerynPearl!

Congrats to the BFPs, it's getting exciting around here!

I'm joining Holly ( btw) with shadow lines this morning on two different tests (but one of them was a blue dye Target brand...the other a $Store) Didn't get pics taken, sorry. BUT I'm only 10 DPO and hopeful now b/c I had a dip yesterday that went back up today PLUS some brief weird cramping yesterday that came and went. For about half an hour I could've sworn AF was coming. So, we're off to visit my parents until Thursday now and I'm agonizing over bringing tests with me or just being patient.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#189 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM

hi spinerette. i dont think your chart is messed up, it's hard to read with the missing early temps, but it could very well be that you o'd on cd12. you had fertile cm at that time, followed by spotting, which can happen for some women at ovulation- it's sort of subjective whether we judge it spotting or light flow, so no way to know, but possible. your opk would almost certainly be negative by cd13 if you o'd on 12, like it is. for most women, temps getting into the 98s are post-o. keep going with your charting, keep dtd, and use this cycle to get used to your cm and cp. if you arent pg by the end of this cycle, start your opks, at least once in the afternnoon, but preferably 2 x/day, around cd8, and follow your cm and cp.

divine, you stumped ff? good job, girl, that's impressive. next step for me? im 42. dh is 39 and never impregnated anyone- never tried- but unproven swimmers. i got pg easily with my 4, (2 of which are fraternal twins,) if we cant get pg, it could be my age, it could be dh has a problem, but we just both felt if it's not meant to be, there's a reason. my favorite aunt gives me hope- she had a child in the 1960s, 70s, 80s, and 90s- last one at 44, without trying. a span of 4 decades. talk about impressive!

clh, no worries, you know when you o'd!

fm- i don't know about bf and lpd, other than i have seen articles saying there can be a connection. is your little guy losing interest? the 2 of mine that weaned themselves, one was 20 months, the other one was 19. they just didnt want it anymore.

today, my headache is gone, temp is still good, so continuing on.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#190 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hi girls I missed a lot, crazy day yesterday, sorry for the bfns I still have hope for you guys,

Welcome Spinnerette I'll add you to the list.

Ill do personals later DH is rushing me.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#191 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

OK I have one more second to post

I got this last night
9 dpo PM

Getting some FRERs today.

Not feeling too hopefull though.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#192 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 AM

keria you dont feel hopeful? that looks awesome!

#193 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 AM

Hey spinnerette welcome this and the ttc in our 20's threads! They r wonderful and filled with wonderful helpful women.

#194 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM

I agree Kiera, that looks hopeful to me!

AF showed her ugly face this morning which wasn't much of a surprise. I didn't figure we'd be those lucky ones who hit the jackpot with just one round of Clomid. We won't be avoiding exactly, but we won't be actively trying anymore either (which is so much easier said than done). You can move me to waiting to be ready or just take me off the list. I will continue to stalk like crazy and hang out here a lot I'm sure just so I can obsess vicariously. Onto our huge mound of foster-adopt paperwork and with any luck, I'll get to mother somebody by the end of the year.

Good luck to the rest of you in the 2ww. I would gladly take all the AFs for you ladies!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#195 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM

what are your thoughts about the wondfo pregnancy tests?

#196 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I agree Kiera, that looks hopeful to me!

AF showed her ugly face this morning which wasn't much of a surprise. I didn't figure we'd be those lucky ones who hit the jackpot with just one round of Clomid. We won't be avoiding exactly, but we won't be actively trying anymore either (which is so much easier said than done). You can move me to waiting to be ready or just take me off the list. I will continue to stalk like crazy and hang out here a lot I'm sure just so I can obsess vicariously. Onto our huge mound of foster-adopt paperwork and with any luck, I'll get to mother somebody by the end of the year.

Good luck to the rest of you in the 2ww. I would gladly take all the AFs for you ladies!
I'm so sorry. I was really hopeful for you.
Please don't give up hope. You are meant to be a Mommy one way or another. You will be in my thoughts.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#197 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:08 AM

Rochelle- hugs! Fostering and adoption are wonderful! Hopefully you will be a momma by the end of the year and maybe you will have a bun in the oven too by the end of the year! Prayers are with you! Lots of love.

Come on bfp's I know you are out there!

#198 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Thank you KarmaB for the tips, and thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

I took an OPK this morning and got almost nothing, so I'm not holding out, even though I've been having strange symptoms for days now and lots of creamy CM. I'm hoping AF never comes (don't we all) and that I get a BFP when I test on Friday or Saturday. If I have to start over on CD1 it'll be nice to eventually have a whole picture of my cycle from start to finish. It'll also be good to be on vitamins for an extra month before getting pregnant, right?

Trying to look on the bright side.. I'm not skilled at this whole "being patient" thing.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#199 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM

simplyrochelle, im sorry. i know this must have been a hard place to come to. i will say, i have learned that without exception, the worst things that have ever happened to me have (in time) become my greatest blessings, and in ways that i never could have imagined before the fact. life holds all kinds of good things for us, and it's not always what we envision. never lose hope for the things you want, and keep your heart open to new paths, too. nothing is impossible. i can promise you when you are my age you will look back and your life will not have been what you think it will be now, but love every minute of it anyway. i didnt really mean this to sound so philosophical, so i better stop now. best best wishes. i hope you keep us up to date in the foster/adoption front, and whatever else comes your way!

#200 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
simplyrochelle, im sorry. i know this must have been a hard place to come to. i will say, i have learned that without exception, the worst things that have ever happened to me have (in time) become my greatest blessings, and in ways that i never could have imagined before the fact. life holds all kinds of good things for us, and it's not always what we envision. never lose hope for the things you want, and keep your heart open to new paths, too. nothing is impossible. i can promise you when you are my age you will look back and your life will not have been what you think it will be now, but love every minute of it anyway. i didnt really mean this to sound so philosophical, so i better stop now. best best wishes. i hope you keep us up to date in the foster/adoption front, and whatever else comes your way!

#201 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM

Rochelle. Best of luck to you, you'll be in my thoughts.

Keria - that looks promising! I think I see something.

Sara - Wondfo tests are like any other IC, kind of you get what you pay for. I wouldn't say they give false positives but I think ICs can show evaps or suspicious lines. Especially after the time limit.

Karma - I'm off to stalk your chart....

#202 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 AM

Hey Divine - your chart looks great! Are you testing???

#203 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
miriam, nice to see you stop by! i was just thinking about you yesterday when i was chart-stalking. weren't you going to see a specialist? how did it go? any insight?

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#204 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Wow, I was gone for a day, and this thread has almost quadrupled in length! Congrats to the newly pregnant ladies and good luck to all the testers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoallh View Post
Can I ask what does everyone's cm does just before af?
I always get ewcm, but right now it's totally dry. I was just wondering...
Hardly scientific, but I always had creamy for a few days after ovulation, then dried up. When I was pregnant, I continued to have creamy and had a lot of it throughout the pregnancy. I guess diet or fluid intake could change it too?

My son just turned 11 months, yay! I would have celebrated by buying some prenatals, but it's raining. We're looking into buying a house to perhaps solve our space issue for "Project: Sibling". We'll see how that goes. Only about 20-25% of people in the country own their place because it's freakin' expensive.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#205 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
No way, Holly! I was so sure this was it for you! *hugs*

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#206 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 PM

Sweetbee just wanted to say that my ds was born in an ambulence lol. I was looking at you signature and just thought tell you about my ds lol. We were @ a birthing center but it was taking too long and he was stuck and they wanted to c section him. I said nope that ain't happening lol.

#207 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM

i totally agree with fm, divine. you are busy this week, did you forget to test? if your strategy to hide out in 'wth is going on' works, we may all be there next cycle!

#208 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Sweetbee just wanted to say that my ds was born in an ambulence lol. I was looking at you signature and just thought tell you about my ds lol. We were @ a birthing center but it was taking too long and he was stuck and they wanted to c section him. I said nope that ain't happening lol.
Hehe, for me it was a case of listening to the general advice "oh, when you've had regular contractions for an hour and they are getting close, you might want to call the hospital". Ha! My contractions were regular and a few minutes apart from the very first one, so by the time we had waited an hour, I could barely talk. Then, we had to wait for the taxi to bring us to the hospital, and by the time we got to the birthing room, my son's head was crowning. He was impatient! Total labor time: 2 hours and 19 minutes. Yeah, that fast. Don't hate me, anyone, please.

Oh, here's the birth story I posted.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#209 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
HA! Take THAT! lol

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#210 of 426 Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 PM

Well...

http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5152.jpg I got that at 13dpo. There would not have been even so much of a glimmer of hope on a test the day before... and that's a FRER. By two days later I had a nice line and a positive digital! And that was 15dpo... AF was due on 14dpo!

and as I already said... my chart shows a very clear and obvious implantation 7 days before that.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page