7 DPO - BFP - Probably still Trigger shot right? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I planned on testing every day following my trigger shot so I would know FOR SURE when it was out of my system, but I went out of town and that didn't happen.

I am sure that it is probably just the trigger shot, but there is still that little "maybe" in my head. . LOL

Anyway, it's to early for a real BFP right??? (it is very light by the way).

I triggered 9 days ago with Ovidrel 250mcg. (if that helps).

Here's my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/27a634 (fyi. . .I moved my ovulation date one day before FF thought it was because I know for a fact I ovulated on Wednesday not Thursday. . just took a few days for my temp to start going up. I triggered Monday night and had horrendous pains on wednesday and you most usually ovulate 36 hours after the shot).

Please give me your thoughts!
#2 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM

I don't know the answer about the trigger shot, but your chart looks great!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#3 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 07:20 PM

check with brichole on the fabulous one thread- she had a trigger shot this cycle and tested every day after to see when it was gone, but i cant remember home long it took. 7 dpo would be awfully early for a bfp, i think...

actually, i think she is 7 dpo too.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#4 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 07:25 PM

I would say that its probably still your trigger. I've had a few cycles where I still got a bfp at 7dpo. I think last month I got a bfn on 7dpo. Once I recall getting a very, very light line at 8dpo still. At least its a good reminder of what a bfp actually looks like.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#5 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM

I have seen several ladies test and it seemed to go away around 6 to 8dpo for them. If you were 10dpo Id say it was probably not trigger... but 7dpo is still more than likely trigger...

but that isnt to say you arent pregnant! just... likely that stick only told you you still have that trigger in your system.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 PM

Was your trigger a 5,000 or 10,000 does? If 5,000 it would probably be out of your system, if it was 10,000 it was probably the trigger. Test again tomorrow and see if your test gets darker or lighter.

7dpo is VERY early to get a BFP. Most people who get bfp's at 7dpo are usually a few days off on when they actually o'd. One of my IVF buddies was pregnant with quads and got a bfn at 7dpo. You just never know.

Even if it is the trigger don't count yourself out yet!! Best of luck I hope your test is alot darker tomorrow.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#7 of 10 Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls. . .I will be testing tomorrow just to see what it looks like.

I'm not sure if it was 5,000 or 10,000 i keep reading conflicting things. . .Ovidrel is measured differently than the HCG shot, so it just says 250mcg on my prescription.

I think it is comparable to 5,000 but i've seen a couple places say it is the equivalent to 5,000 or 10,000. . so not sure!!!!

This waiting is so frustrating. . .I really hope this is it. I can't believe we're coming up on a year of TTC. . .just never thought it would really take that long.
#8 of 10 Old 04-01-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

K. . tested this BFN this morning (8dpo), so glad to know it's out of my system. . now I know if anything shows up in a couple days it is the real thing.

I will be testing Easter sunday morning. . .fingers crossed!!!
#9 of 10 Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slparker View Post
K. . tested this BFN this morning (8dpo), so glad to know it's out of my system. . now I know if anything shows up in a couple days it is the real thing.

I will be testing Easter sunday morning. . .fingers crossed!!!

i'm testing that morning too!!! I really hope that we both can give our OH's something to be excited about that morning I am really trying to get my dh to let me take the test on my own so that i can fingure out a way to suprise him..but i doubt that will happen since we'll both be at home.

FX and I'll be thinking baby thoughts for both of us until we get our BFP's!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#10 of 10 Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Brandy - Good Luck! I"ll be thinking of you as well. . I hope this is it for us. . it's been a long year! I know what you mean about trying to surprise DH. . .I am not going to tell him i am testing that day and will just do it early in the morning before he gets up.

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page