*~*~April Obsess and Test~*~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 04-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
Woohoo! Testing together! I have two cheapies, two FRERs and a digital to last me until Monday. My evap/possible faint BFP basically told me "Screw the tests coming in the mail, test NOWNOWNOWNOW!!"

I do the graphics for 7 radio station websites and 2 television websites in my area. It's basically my dream job. It pays well, and I do it from home, so (hopefully) when a little one comes into our lives, we'll be set for me to go back to work after maternity. It's really the perfect set up. I taught myself and have been doing this kind of stuff since I was a kid, so if you need some serious tweaking done on any tests, I'm your gal :P

I'll keep that in mind, although Im still trying to work out how to post a Pic!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#62 of 80 Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Even though I'm only 7dpo, I couldn't resist the urge to test this morning... it was negative, as I knew it would be, but I couldn't help myself!
#63 of 80 Old 04-25-2010, 03:39 PM

anna- oh i know how it is.

OK seriously when can I test? I should wait til AF is late, right? Yeah right. I should wait to see when my temp drops, if it does, then test if it doesn't. Haha that's good. But I have 25 ICs I paid 6 bucks for just sitting in a drawer... be a waste not to use any! LOL>

My chart has me at 5 dpo, I think I am 4dpo...maybe 3?

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#64 of 80 Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM

13 dpo and no tests. I just came here because I feel like crying. There is one place in town that sells pg test and they have one kind. The cost is $16.35 plus tax and everyone in town knowing before I get home to pee on it. I almost drove out of town, I think I can get 2 for $9 in the next bigger town (30 mins away), but I know I shouldn't.

Maybe I can convince DH to take me "into town" (2 hours away) so I can hit up a dollar tree and costco when he gets home in 6 hours.

eta: I got a bfp on a dollar tree test at 8-10 dpo with my 3rd pg, super faint but definitely there. With my first two I didn't get bfps until WELL AFTER my missed period... so there is a pretty big range there. Just putting that out there for the mamas testing early...
#65 of 80 Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM

so, another BFN today.
FF took away my crosshairs and my temp is down- but I think it was cuz I really did have AF during that spotting. I decided to consider the spotting+ temp drop I had last week as AF and start a new cycle, cuz that's my intuition about what happened.
I'll still probably test tomorrow just cuz I have one FRER left, but, eh.
Dang 9dpo line. That line was REAL. It is still there. What gives.
Better luck this month, I suppose. At least I'm not spotting anymore.
Thanks for obsessing with me.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#66 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
so, another BFN today.
FF took away my crosshairs and my temp is down- but I think it was cuz I really did have AF during that spotting. I decided to consider the spotting+ temp drop I had last week as AF and start a new cycle, cuz that's my intuition about what happened.
I'll still probably test tomorrow just cuz I have one FRER left, but, eh.
Dang 9dpo line. That line was REAL. It is still there. What gives.
Better luck this month, I suppose. At least I'm not spotting anymore.
Thanks for obsessing with me.

Awww, I'm sorry Babygrey. Use the test up tomorrow, you never know, right. Then you can start fresh if it is really BFN. Hugs!

AFM: I'm 5 dpo and dying to pee on something. That is all.
#67 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckberkey View Post
13 dpo and no tests. I just came here because I feel like crying. There is one place in town that sells pg test and they have one kind. The cost is $16.35 plus tax and everyone in town knowing before I get home to pee on it. I almost drove out of town, I think I can get 2 for $9 in the next bigger town (30 mins away), but I know I shouldn't.

Maybe I can convince DH to take me "into town" (2 hours away) so I can hit up a dollar tree and costco when he gets home in 6 hours.
Could you maybe get DH to buy one for you? Or would he be recognized too? Add a fake mustache and you'll be fine.

If I was 13dpo, I'd be making any excuse I could to get into town. Maybe do some early Christmas shopping, lol!
#68 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

12DPO, neg. That means I'm pretty much out, right?

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#69 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
12DPO, neg. That means I'm pretty much out, right?
Nooooo! Lots of time yet!
#70 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM

Tested this morning (10 dpo) and it was stark white... AF isn't due until Saturday so I still have a little bit of hope, but I'm going absolutely bonkers with impatience! I keep using the dollar store cheapies so at least I feel like I'm doing something, but the BFNs keep making me more anxious. Ah, it's a vicious cycle!
#71 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 PM

ugh.. BFN tonight. Tomorrow morning is the first chance for a BFP before I leave for a week.

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#72 of 80 Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I almost drove out of town, I think I can get 2 for $9 in the next bigger town (30 mins away), but I know I shouldn't.
I so totally would do that. If nothing else, that's an hour of 'sneaky baby wanting getting-away-with-something time'. And if you buy 2 tests at $9 add tax, and figure in a gallon of gas at $3, you're still ahead fiscally over 1 test at $16+, not to mention saving yourself the 'ick' factor of knowing people know your business.

Or why not get up tomorrow and drive the 2 hours to Dollar Tree? Then you can buy 10 tests at $1/ea, add tax, and 2 gallons of gas at $3 and still be in the same place fiscally as you would be buying 1 test at $16. AND you get the adventure of having done so.

But that's just me. Back when gas was .89 I used to drive 3 hours each way for lunch or dinner, and once drove 6+ hours just to get an ice cream that is only available one place. Having the adventure is as much fun to me as the destination is.

And think about the fun story you'll have to tell when you get your BFP on one of those tests!
-MQ

SAH Princess, happily married to my adorable Nerf Herder

brokenheart.gif 2009 Expecting my rainbow1284.gif in November 2013

#73 of 80 Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Ugh. I'm 6dpo and feeling grody. I felt this way first cycle, when I was so sure I was pregnant but got BFN. I have the whole suite...occasionally crampy, sore BB's, nausea. AF isn't due until next Tuesday, so it's not that.

I'm really hoping this is it. But I couldn't be feeling nauseous already, surely? When should I test?
#74 of 80 Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML27 View Post
Ugh. I'm 6dpo and feeling grody. I felt this way first cycle, when I was so sure I was pregnant but got BFN. I have the whole suite...occasionally crampy, sore BB's, nausea. AF isn't due until next Tuesday, so it's not that.

I'm really hoping this is it. But I couldn't be feeling nauseous already, surely? When should I test?
depending on whether or not you want a reliable result... if you are 6dpo you do have a chance of a bfp now BUT that chance is less than 1%

Mind you these stats are with the early result tests such as FRER and dollar tree.

You wait a few days and the chance goes up... by 9dpo its somewhere about 50% of pregnant women would get a bfp by then (of course, a bfn could still be pregnant, or it could be not pregnant...)

by 13dpo the chances of getting a negative and still being pregnant are less than 10% (but thats still a possibility!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#75 of 80 Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM

OK, everyone get ready to point and laugh at me.

I took a dollarstore HPT with FMU this morning at...

wait for it...

7dpo.

Because I'm an impatient idiot who must pee on something or I'll die.

And guess what?

BFN. Ha. Surprised?

However, I did have to call DH into the bedroom last night to evaluate my, errrr, assets because I think that they have gotten bigger (fuller). He agrees, and looked at me and said "oh, you are sooooo going to be pregnant this month" after he remembered what I was like just before I got my BFP with DD.
#76 of 80 Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 PM

SML27- BFN at 7dpo means absolutely nothing. I can relate.

Daddy- I have eagle eyes and see a real faint second line. Don't know if it's the line that the new FRER always have or what. Of course my eyes can see just a hint of pink. Please take this with a grain of salt, as by now I am probably hallucinating on these tests.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#77 of 80 Old 04-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
Daddy- I have eagle eyes and see a real faint second line. Don't know if it's the line that the new FRER always have or what. Of course my eyes can see just a hint of pink. Please take this with a grain of salt, as by now I am probably hallucinating on these tests.
sooo... I was going to say the same thing, but resisted the urge cuz, ya just never know in pics... (plus, I'm still bent out of shape from my recent 9dpo visible, pink, in-the-time-limit FRER line that apparently meant I wasn't pg. Mine was less faint than that, too, so I'm wary of reading too much into faint lines on FRERs ATM.)
Daddy- updates?

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#78 of 80 Old 04-30-2010, 11:31 AM

I did another hpt this morning, and another BFN at 8dpo. I'm not too concerned, as I'm still symptomatic-ish, and it's still waaaay early. I'm not due for AF until Tuesday so lots of time, right?

I'm really hoping for my BFP this weekend.
#79 of 80 Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Hiiiiii, okay this is my third post on this board and all three are in the TTC forum....um, I guess that means I'm obsessing along with y'all.

I'm 2dpo and any little breast twinge and my heart jumps. I grimly keep reminding myself that it's normal ovulation stuff.

I have no tests in my house at the moment. How long that lasts is anyones guess....

Wife since '04 Mama to a 2yo dd TTC#2
#80 of 80 Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 PM

AF is due tomorrow and I just tested - BFN. My hopes for this month are fading fast.

Anyway, to take my mind off it, I have kind of a funny question - when I test, I always cover it up for the directed time, wait, then take a deep breath and look at it. Do you do this, or do you stare at it and watch it intently from the second you pee on it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page