do hpts w blue lines show up darker than the ones with pink lines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to know if this is the case? I have always used the ones with pink lines. WHen I POAS with my last baby, it was the day of my missed period and the dollar store pink test was so faint i wasnt sure. I bought a FRER and it was a bit darker, but nowhere near as dark as the test line. This time, i felt implantation and tested 3 days later....it wasnt even FMU and it was totally clear with no color...so i was shocked that there was immediately a second DARK blue line, almost as dark as the control. This was 8 dpo. I havent taken any more tests....but i have conceived twins before and i am wondering if the immediate dark line might be signifying twins or if maybe the tests with blue lines just come up darker? Has your experience been that blue tests show darker? or not?
Thanks!

Mama to 3 boys 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM

My experience is that blue dye tests give dark convincing false positives. A lot. I know a ton of women who have been heartbroken over it.

I suggest testing again with pink dye and not use any more blue ones.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1206310

here is a thread of some womens experiences. Far from all of them but many I saw unfold in the trying to conceive forum as they posted the supposed positive, were warned about false positives, tested again, and found out they were never pregnant. One or two including quantitive blood tests which were very much negative the day before or of the blue dye test.

A check on google will bring up a ton more. This isn't a new problem either, but it has gotten worse/more convincing over the past year.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! DP keeps asking me am i sure and i have repeatedly said there are no false positives. Maybe i am not pregnant! I am off to the store to get a pink test.

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Keep us updated! Hope it's not a false positive.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM

I was coming to say the same thing as Mae... keep us updated!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

I think it WAS a false positive; I just used a NewChoice pink line test from the Dollar Tree and I cant see any sign of a 2nd line. I thought that was weird that it came up so dark so early, but i have always heard that there arent false positives. DP suspected I wasnt pg the whole time....i think he is right! I am quite relieved, actually!

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm glad you are relieved about it although I am sorry you were another false positive victim! Could you add your story to that thread I linked, if you haven't already? We are trying to spread awareness of this major issue. Every story helps perhaps keep another lady from buying a blue test and going through the same.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Moved from I'm Pregnant.

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi

User Tag List