The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 11-17 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We took a break for awhile, but now I'm waiting to O. Next week is the week!
#212 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post
Sunday morning, if my temp is still up. I'll be 13DPO and AF is due that day so its probably fairly likely I get a temp crash that morning.

Yay! I bet you have the same one as I do now, the pink Life Brand one, right?

Hahah, yes! The pink one! It's so cute.. hahaha. It'll be so nice to chart more accurately. Thanks for suggesting it!

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#213 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Good morning/evening/night everyone ))))

Will do all personals later as I'm ment to be working and I'm on my iPhone

My temp went from 97.86 yesterday to 98.20 today hopefully I will get a couple more high temps to confirm O going to get one last BD in today though I think to make sure

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#214 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 07:47 AM

I'm still here. I'm either 6 or 7 dpo. I've been traveling alot and might have missed the window with my partner. I think i'm going to hold off until wednesday to take a test.

Going to go back and catch up on everyoen now!
#215 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 08:22 AM

Ok so I'm confused about ff. I just purchased my vip for ff. It gave me an o date and cross hairs. But I though I o'd sunday and now it has me as wednesday as the day I o'd. I think timing wise wednesday would b the best but I'm just not sure if that's right. I mean my temp was already going up? I'm confused????

Good luck for everyone that is testing soon. I'm going to wait til may 1st or the 3rd to test.
Hope the bding goes well karma! I'm pulling for you tear!

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#216 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post
Oh man, Tear, I am so pulling for you. It is your time. Honestly, I'd be happy to wait another month if you got your BFP. I'm excited for you.
awww, you too lady! Let's BOTH go, ok?

Sara, FF has you on Wednesday because of the positive OPKs. Generally, you O about 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. Sometimes my temp rises a bit, then it makes the real jump, so it could be possible for Wed. Good luck! We're exactly cycle buddies!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#217 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Sara, FF has you on Wednesday because of the positive OPKs. Generally, you O about 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. Sometimes my temp rises a bit, then it makes the real jump, so it could be possible for Wed. Good luck! We're exactly cycle buddies!
Ahhhh...ok... so I'm hoping its Wednesday. You can get neg opks while u r ovulating? Hmm ok. I thought it ment 12-36 hours after my 1st opk and u stop getting opks after o. Wrong? I hope I'm wrong Wednesday gives me much better chances!

WOOT WOOT for oing buddies! CAN I GAT A WHAT WHAT! Lol when are you testing?

#218 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
WOOT WOOT for oing buddies! CAN I GAT A WHAT WHAT! Lol when are you testing?
lol... Probably in a couple days, but that's just because I did a trigger shot and want to make sure I get a NEGATIVE test before I try for a positive. I'm tempted to POAS today, just to see the two lines for fun...but I think that might make me officially off the deep end.

The OPK turns positive because your body is sending out hormones to tell you to ovulate. This usually happens and is over with by the time you ovulate. From my understanding, the OPK usually is neg again by the time you ovulate. Then again...I only used them once. Anybody wanne confirm or deny?

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#219 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

good luck, kyamo, i hope you know who doesnt show up!

moon angel- welcome back to the marvelous world of ttc hope your stay is short.

clh

spin- what's your temp doing today? is it still up?

tear- that is confirmed. your first truly + opk is usually 12-48 hours before the actual o, on avg 36 hours is my understanding.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#220 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
lol... Probably in a couple days, but that's just because I did a trigger shot and want to make sure I get a NEGATIVE test before I try for a positive. I'm tempted to POAS today, just to see the two lines for fun...but I think that might make me officially off the deep end.

The OPK turns positive because your body is sending out hormones to tell you to ovulate. This usually happens and is over with by the time you ovulate. From my understanding, the OPK usually is neg again by the time you ovulate. Then again...I only used them once. Anybody wanne confirm or deny?

I tested every day after my trigger shot...1) to see when the hormones were out of my system and 2) because i just liked seeing 2 lines on a test in FOREVER!!!! When i got my BFP at 10dpo i thought i was losing my mind...until i took a digi at 3 in the afternoon with diluted urine and got a "PREGNANT" on it...then i was totally convinced!!! I really really hope this is your month girl!!!!

eta: my trigger shot was gone by 5dpo but some people it will stay until 7 or 8....how many days post O are you going to be testing?

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#221 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
good luck, kyamo, i hope you know who doesnt show up!

moon angel- welcome back to the marvelous world of ttc hope your stay is short.

clh

spin- what's your temp doing today? is it still up?

tear- that is confirmed. your first truly + opk is usually 12-48 hours before the actual o, on avg 36 hours is my understanding.
Yes ma'am!! I got up to 36.8 on my new BBT thermometer! This is so exciting. Honestly, DH and I really think we did it this time.. We've BD'd a ridiculous amount this last week or so, just to cover it. My only fear this cycle is that my luteal phase won't be long enough. All I know is that there isn't anything more we could do to get me pregnant this cycle.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#222 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 11:52 AM

Good morning everyone!

9dpo for me today...temp took another jump up this am....I think my chart is almost screaming at me that I am preggo....lol- but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much...it just looks so very much like my previous preggo charts did- its hard not to get a little excited...especially with my hubby checking out my chart everyday and telling me HE thinks I am knocked up!! lol!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#223 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM
myk

well, the good news is i can go for sushi.

the bad news is, AF showed, i'm upset. i know i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but it's so hard. i got pg 3 times SO easily. the first two weren't even intentional. DD took about a week of trying. now that i'm with DH it's just not happening. we tried hard for 6 months, not try/not avoid for 18 months, and now trying hard again. but since we haven't been trying hard for long, i doubt he's going to be willing to get checked out yet, and i totally feel my clock ticking.

i'll buy myself a BBT today and start charting. that way at least i'll have evidence of whether or not i'm ovulating.

January 2011
#224 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
eta: my trigger shot was gone by 5dpo but some people it will stay until 7 or 8....how many days post O are you going to be testing?
probably 5dpIUI, which would be Monday I think. I don't want to wait too long and start to question things. argh!

btw - i am already feeling the insanity from the progesterone supps. I was just simply weeping this morning. DH was hugging me and saying "what's wrong?" and I couldn't tell him. I just kept saying "I don't wanne FEEL like this again for two weeks!" I think the cloudy cruddy weather doesn't help. sigh...This stuff is HARSH.

Remembering our 3 losses

#225 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
probably 5dpIUI, which would be Monday I think. I don't want to wait too long and start to question things. argh!

btw - i am already feeling the insanity from the progesterone supps. I was just simply weeping this morning. DH was hugging me and saying "what's wrong?" and I couldn't tell him. I just kept saying "I don't wanne FEEL like this again for two weeks!" I think the cloudy cruddy weather doesn't help. sigh...This stuff is HARSH.

#226 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi Ladies! I've been MIA trying not to obsess.
I'm on CD12 and got a - OPK this morning, my temp was crazy low - like deceased low.
Awesome.

Tear - to you, I'm sorry you feel like crap. I hope you get a BFP soon so you can at least like crappy and pukey with good reason.

myk - I so know how you feel...my first 2 were pretty easy and now, ugh. Hopefully this will be our lucky cycle.

Kingsdaugther - for you!

Karma - a + Opk! Yay. How's that ovuwatch syncing up with the OPKs?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#227 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Thanks, ladies! :

karmab...did you put yourself in WTF is Going On? so you could be in a new category and hide from AF? I'm on to you!!!!

finnegansmom, oo, oo, temp drop before O?

Remembering our 3 losses

#228 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBravo View Post
Ok so I'm confused about ff. I just purchased my vip for ff. It gave me an o date and cross hairs. But I though I o'd sunday and now it has me as wednesday as the day I o'd. I think timing wise wednesday would b the best but I'm just not sure if that's right. I mean my temp was already going up? I'm confused????
I think FF is possibly giving you that date because of the few temps prior to your positive OPKs. But that second temp jump is sooo confusing... I really thought you O'd Monday... Now, I'm not so sure! The important thing is that you have both days covered!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#229 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:

finnegansmom, oo, oo, temp drop before O?
I don't think so, I've had - OPKs the last 2 days...but who knows. It was weird low, maybe it was earlier? It was 96.63...that's pretty low IMO...

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#230 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Just a quick Q really ..

I'm starting to get a cold. I can feel all my sinuses starting to block and ache and I'm getting a sore throat but I don't want to take anything tht will interfer in TTC or ruin my chances this cycle as I think my timing has been pretty good this cycle...

Any suggestions on what I can take ? Oh and a very important Q ! Will it mess up my temps ??

(it better not!!!!) haha

I just don't want to mess anything up at all!

#231 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 04:40 PM

Check out my chart. My cold/fever-thing messed with it a little bit (the fever days are recorded but not plotted). T^T I also noticed a lot of "fertile" signs. Maybe that's a coincidence.

I've been taken advil to keep the fever down. Now that that part of it has passed I'm taking Dayquill/Nyquill. Good stuff. I was tripping so hard on the Nyquill last night. OH was cracking up watching me.

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#232 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

clh- that's a tough one. maybe someone knows something, but i think any decongestant will dry you up. try saline nose drops. some folks swear by neti pots, i dont think i would like that though, at all. hey- do you have volcanic ash overhead over there?

fm- the ovwatch is closer this month, but it's still off. it says i will o mon or tues, but i will be very surprised if i dont o overnight tonight/tomorrow, showing on my chart either sunday or monday. i think it's a decent backup, but i wouldnt rely solely on it, because if one werent doing temps, cm, cp, opks, one wouldnt realize that it's wrong, and if one wanted to wait till close to o, say to maximize dh's contribution, one could miss it. luckily, not the case with this one. i have learned, they say you need a new sensor each month, but you dont.

tear- SHHHHH!

spin- i wouldnt be surprised if you had o'd on cd12 or 13 last month. you just cant tell because you dont have enough temps before that to see, but if that's the case, your lp is good.

#233 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM

CLH - Do you have allergies? My family is suffering here (except me).

I can't remember the last time I took cold medicine to be honest, It's not really BFing friendly but hot teas and hot compresses on my face (when my sinuses hurt) always feel good. Soup? Lots of rest and tv in bed? You can always temp and if you're running a fever you can discard the temps..

Karma - Interesting. I'm off to stalk your chart now. I still can't figure out how that watch works, it seems pretty cool IMO. I like the idea of predicting ovulating without the use of mucous and urine.

Michelle ~

#234 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Karma - my cm is basically dry now anyway. It was creamy this morning and now it's dry and I had a really - opk this afternoon!

Yes we are meant to!, no plane going out etc but the sky doesn't look any different to me. It was nice and sunny today!

FM - nope! No allergies what so ever! I'm hoping it's just going to be a head cold, I very rare get anything worse! Lucky I got the next couple days of work now so il get some bed rest!

I just don't want anything to effect my temping! or anything to effect the effort I put in this cycle

#235 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH_X3 View Post
Karma - my cm is basically dry now anyway. It was creamy this morning and now it's dry and I had a really - opk this afternoon!

Yes we are meant to!, no plane going out etc but the sky doesn't look any different to me. It was nice and sunny today!

FM - nope! No allergies what so ever! I'm hoping it's just going to be a head cold, I very rare get anything worse! Lucky I got the next couple days of work now so il get some bed rest!

I just don't want anything to effect my temping! or anything to effect the effort I put in this cycle
You might try Mucinex, it helps keep things from drying up...

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#236 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM

Clh- no clue what you could use mucinex sounds good though.

Afm- ok maybe I am just wondering too much but I had 3 temp jumps. The 1st was by .4 the second my .2 and the 3rd by .3. Why three jumps? Is that normal?

#237 of 240 Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Okay so remember my positive OPK on wednesday that was gone three hours later when i tested again, well I woke up this morning thinking i should get a nice high temp and crosshairs, my temp was 36.0 which is low for those who dont temp in degrees, so I was planning to move to WTH is going on but decided to do an OPK and got a blaring positive and confirmed it three hours later with the expensive digital opk YAY it was sooo nice seeing a smily face!! So i guess im ovulating hey!! We dtd yesterday am and this morning just for fun (before i got the pos OPK) we will dtd when i get home from work tonight in the hope to catch the egg but i dare say i will be moving to the tww tomorrow!!
'Chanting' ''swim boys swim!!"

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#238 of 240 Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 AM

I think i ovluated/am ovulating today. Won't know for sure until after the fact of course but I was wondering if ppl could look at my chart and let me know how you think it looks.

this is my first month charting so i am just looking for feedback. I feel pretty good about it. Def had tons of EWCM today and my cervix is high soft and and open! Oh and we dtd about an hour ago (as well as yesterday night too).

Assuming I did O today or am tonight....what should I expect tomorrow for a temp? Something slightly higher? Way higher? Just curious.

Oh and my chart is up next to my name now so you can go click on it there

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#239 of 240 Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I'll race you to the last DDC of 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post
AFM: 8 DPO (I think... I set my own O date on FF because I haven't been temping, so I just guessed the latter of two EWCM/high cervix days before my CM changed back to creamy), ho hum. I'm not testing unless I make it to 14 DPO with no AF. I've had inklings of that "I'm 8 DPO! I could possibly maybe get a + by now!" feeling, because 8 DPO is where I have broken every. single. cycle but I'm not really all that excited right now. I'd love to be pregnant, or we can just try again, I guess. I don't know. I've been really busy and haven't been thinking about it as much this round, plus I keep assuming that our timing was wrong AGAIN so I just feel calm about it. I might not feel that way next cycle when I'm temping again and trying from the beginning, though...

Luckily I'll be really busy this weekend-- a friend in town for morning coffee tomorrow, then meeting another friend for a late lunch or early dinner, then cleaning before Sunday because after right DH and I go to a Red Sox game (GO SOX!) we're hosting a bi-weekly poker game for a bunch of our friends! So yeah... no time to obsess for me. And then today, Monday and Tuesday I'm working extra hours at work (leaving in a few minutes) to cover for a co-worker who's on vacation... so really all I need to do is get through Wednesday without testing, and that won't be so bad. Or maybe I'll just test on Wednesday. 13 DPO, 14 DPO, no big difference.
I AM SUCH A LIAR.

Tested today at 9 DPO, obv a huge BFN, whatever. lol. I should have known that would happen. I shouldn't keep my cheapies in the bathroom because I get impulsive and grab them! Now I only have two left And save-on-tests takes FOREVER to ship, at least to me, so I end up buying the expensive ones at the store. (I need to find a Dollar Tree near me...)

I have some general crampiness going on, and my last few cycles have only had 10-11 day LPs, so it's possible that AF is going to show tomorrow or the day after. I guess we'll see. If it's not this cycle, maybe the next

#240 of 240 Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

check out the brand spanking new thread!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page