The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 11-17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 11-17!!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting. {Threadkeeper- names in: Black are current as of: MARCH 28, names in: Navy are current as of March 22}

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
AdalynsMama
AmyPDX
Avasmomm
CLH X3
DaddyM
finnegansmom
hollytheteacher
iheartmyfamily
jenger
jenniferadurham
Keria
LaceyBourke
lafemmedesfemmes
Lydiah
MahnaMahna
maybe4babies
Mommaof 4
mommytoallh
Moon Angel
MrsD08
MI_Dawn
mumma cop kaz
outerspacemama
OvenSeeksBun
see_jane_slack
SML27
Spinnerette
Sweet.Bee
Tanikit
tigerlily1
Twinklefae
unschoolinmom
Virginia884
WTHamI?

Waiting to Know (2ww)
•Adorkable•
Alesmama07
Aly22681
Hesperia
JonahRoo
Julie1014
KingsDaughter76
Kyamo
Maurine
miriam_bat_avraham
Moonfireglow
myk
Sarabravo
sweetest77
Tulpen88
Vivica2

Waitin' n Marinatin'
Tear78

Waiting for Aunt Flo
lovebug

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
karmab

Waiting to be Ready
Blanca78
HulaJenn
libranbutterfly
Lousli
MrsMike
sleepingbeauty
SimplyRochelle
Stevi

~PREGNANT~
April BFPs!!!!

enigo
shy
TheDivineMrsM
ema-adama
Apmama07
brichole1214

March BFPs!!!!!
BarefootGirl
NortheastSuperstar
YummyYumYumMama

theirmommy
Sobranna

February BFPs!!!!!
04Mom07
chainedangel
Demeter
grateful301
ilovemaine
jennmk13
kel32brown
Mumof3Nic
naturelady
quasar
smartycat
stellamia
posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or
another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#2 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

new thread

#3 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Thank you karmab! Lovely new thread you have here!

Ok temp question... I took my temp @ like 540ish this morning and it was 97.1. I went back to bed and got up around 830. I temped again. 97.1 again...BUT... the further I put the thermometer in my mouth the higher the temp. I got 96.4 and 96.8 and 97.1.... I'm thinking the 96.8 is the better temp to use. I think I kept it more in the middle on the side then towards the back and def not way up front where I got the 96.4.

Clh- I don't know what that is but I know I've had that a lot in the past especially when I was pg with my dd. Not sying its a sign of pregnancy because I don't think it is as it happened a little further in pregnancy (once I started showing a lot).

Thanx for everyones help with my oing and charting and temping questions .
I am really hoping that I won't o for a little while longer. Even if I o today could bding tomorrow help if the eggies lives for 24hrs...?

I hope my body waits til tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to bd tonight but not sure if it will work out ... we will bd Tuesday night and Wednenday

I don't have ewcm yet... can u still o and be fertile with out it?

I'm wett and watery this morning and no bding for almost 24 hrs now so is that still fertile cm?
Not having very high hopes this cycle

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#4 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

trying to think of a delicate way to say this, but i dont know how it would be possible to tell what your cm is if you are dtd 3 times/day. i've always been of the ilk that there's no such thing as tmi here, but i am rethinking that, no offense.

as far as bbt temps, your thermometer goes one of two places- "virginally" as clh calls it, or under your tongue, with your tongue down and with the probe tip against the fleshy part where your tongue meets the bottom of your mouth, and in the same spot each time (i.e. in the exact middle, slightly to the left, or slightly to the right, but always the same.)

#5 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Would you please move me to "Waiting to O"?

On CD 2 now of my first time charting since I got pregnant 2 summers ago, yay! Just waiting to see how long it takes to ovulate. It used to be somewhere around CD 17. Here's my chart. Nothing interesting going on there yet.

So... after a few weeks of mostly sleeping through the night, the little one decided the night before I started temping to wake up every 2 hours! Last night wasn't much better. He seems to go through phases of sleeping through or waking constantly.

Will this make my temperature readings worthless?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#6 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Karma- sorry I edited... better? ok so I think that my previous temps were taken correctly and my 96.8 temp is correct too... I need to go fix my chart now.

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#7 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
as far as bbt temps, your thermometer goes one of two places- "virginally" as clh calls it

EWCM thing - No, defo not my OH contribution, What I had was more like EWCM but tinted yellow and My OH contribution is more watery

Im going to google yellow EWCM now, see what comes up

Oh and THANK YOU for the new thread!

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#8 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the new thread.

CLH - I had something similar, thick and rubbery/globby stretchy and a bit yellow one day back in november and it turned out that I O'd that day.

I am 7DPO, and one of my students has really bad attendance, so if he doesn't show up again, I'll have time to get to Dollarama for some tests before the mall closes.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#9 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 AM

Just a note...

for even healthy men, 3 times in one day is likely not giving his spermies time to refill and he is pretty much just shooting blanks after the second time. While its enjoyable, that third times pretty useless for baby-making.

They usually need around 12 hours, in healthy men, to get the numbers back up. Men with count issues can take much longer than that.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#10 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Maeryn- I see that you're moving to NC! Where will you be living?

CLH- I don't think it matters much if cm is tinted yellow or not. I can't say for sure though. My ewcm is sometimes white and sometimes clear. I've never worried about the color of it, but I would probably notice if it was yellow. You might want to make a note of it in your chart, just so you remember when it happened. ETA: I just checked my copy of TCOYF and it says that yellow, pink or red tinged ewcm is normal (and that it can indicate the presence of possible ovulatory bleeding).

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#11 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
Maeryn- I see that you're moving to NC! Where will you be living?
Jacksonville area somewhere until we can get on base at camp lejeune

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

CLH - I had something similar, thick and rubbery/globby stretchy and a bit yellow one day back in november and it turned out that I O'd that day.
Were you using OPK’s back then ? did you get a + that day ? ....

Tulpen88 - Thanks for looking, I think il do another OPK tonight just to make sure it isnt a +

#13 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH_X3 View Post
that really makes me giggle, clh, you have no idea! i live in the DEEP south, and that sounds like the local country accent.... yep, you take your temp down thar, virginally, in your vir-gine-a.

#14 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Good morning good morning good morning!

I'm still waiting to O. :/ I thought I may have the other day (way way early) because I saw my temperature go up higher than it ever did since CD 1, but it's back down a little today, so I don't quite know what to think. Yesterday my cervix was so high I could hardly feel it, and the 10th I had some pretty strong pings on my right side. I have no idea, I just feel like throwing up my hands and just continuing to BD every day until something happens.

It's seems way too early to O, yet, though I think I O'd on CD 13 last cycle. We can't afford OPKs right now, so I guess we'll just wait and see.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#15 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
that really makes me giggle, clh, you have no idea! i live in the DEEP south, and that sounds like the local country accent.... yep, you take your temp down thar, virginally, in your vir-gine-a.
I live in a place called Bristol in the UK, and people actually say our accents sound like farmers! Its all I ever get when I meet people from outside Bristol, and my accents pretty strong or so Iv been told.

When I write on here I double check what I write sometimes and change it about as I dont use 'correct' english when I talk, and I write how I talk most of the time

and vir-gine-a , that is totally how I would pronounce it when talking!

#16 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

spinnerette, opks are definitely not necessary. i wouldnt be surprised if you o'd on cd13 again looking at your chart. i get 3 days of hso before i o, and maybe 4 days of watery/ew, so that would fit with yours too. and my coverline has been like 97.9ish, which is where yours is likely to end up too. if you have a dollartree near you, they do have opks there, so if you wanted to spend $2-3, you could just get a few to check for lh surge on cd10 or 11 or 12. the internet has cheaper ones, like 30-50 cents each, but you have to buy a dozen or so and ship them. but you know the thing with opks is they dont tell you if you o'd anyway, your temp does, so if you are dtd, it's just gravy info, no biggie.

#17 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Thank you for the NEW thread!

I am on CD8 and OH MY GOODNESS and CRAMPING like no other! I feel like I'm getting my period. I should be O'ing in about 6 days(+/-). And it HURTS!

I went to a women's Church conference and there were 2 ladies that spoke that has CHANGED MY LIFE. Opened my eyes to my life and CHRIST(it was like they were talking to me) and I CAN see clearly now, the rain is GONE! LOL!

I hope you all have a BLESSED day!

FERTILE...FERTILE....FERTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#18 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

ha! i know that accent. and i have a friend from dudley, now he's in bewdley, but from around that area just a wee bit north of you, fan of wolverhampton. when he and his friends from around there start talking, that is a totally different language, literally. there is no way they are speaking english.

i spent 2 summers in the u.k. when i was young- one not far from you in dorset, in shaftesbury. the other in west yorkshire. i could understand the shaftesbury accent no problem, but w. yorkshire (i cant think of the name of the town at this moment) was also really hard- for the first week or so i know i just walked around with a puzzled look on my face.

#19 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM

SaraBravo... I would use the lowest temp, if it were me. And, I think you are ovulating today. If you can get a BD in tonight, go for it!!!!! Then, again tomorrow, just in case. Oh, watery CM counts as fertile, so, don't worry about not seeing EWCM. And, whoever said it's difficult to tell CM with frequent BDing is correct, that's why I use OPKs.

Everyone think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#20 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
spinnerette, opks are definitely not necessary. i wouldnt be surprised if you o'd on cd13 again looking at your chart. i get 3 days of hso before i o, and maybe 4 days of watery/ew, so that would fit with yours too. and my coverline has been like 97.9ish, which is where yours is likely to end up too. if you have a dollartree near you, they do have opks there, so if you wanted to spend $2-3, you could just get a few to check for lh surge on cd10 or 11 or 12. the internet has cheaper ones, like 30-50 cents each, but you have to buy a dozen or so and ship them. but you know the thing with opks is they dont tell you if you o'd anyway, your temp does, so if you are dtd, it's just gravy info, no biggie.
Unfortunately, living in Canada, I've never seen a Dollar Tree.. the only OPK tests I can get in my small town are at Walmart, and are something like $27 for the 7 day First Response OPKs. The dollar store here doesn't carry OPKs or HPTs, but I can get HPTs for 4 bucks a piece at 7-11.. they're the weird dropper ones that I'm not super fond of, so usually I opt for the drug store pink dye ones that are $9 for 2.

Thing is, with my CM, I can feel dampness in my underwear, and my cervix is really slippery, but I'm not getting any quantity of it, so that I can "stretch" like everyone is talking about, so I'm marking the vaginal sensation, and less the actual texture of the stuff. I'd get EWCM once in a while on the Pill, where I'd get the odd glob here and there, but not since. I honestly fret if I'm fertile at all.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#21 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

ahh. i hear ya on the canada thing.

some women dont have ewcm. it's ok. it doesnt mean you arent fertile, or even less fertile really. watery is fine. the pill makes your cm sticky and scant, so those blobs could have been... the word of the day.... his contribution? sperm does love ew. young girls (like teens) usually have tons of it, which is one of the two main reasons they get pg sooo easily. i worked for a time in an ob/gyn clinic inner city, and i cant tell you how many teenagers showed up pg and swore up and down they never actually DID it, they just ALMOST did it, fiddlin and diddlin around. but that ew can pull up the 'contribution' and keep it happy for so long. but that said, while ew is a great thing, having less of it is still ok. and there may be more than you can feel, up inside the cervix. if there is less, well, we may have to be a bit more deliberate is all, time things well, etc. but watery can do the trick.

there are supplements that are supposed to help. i have to be very careful with herbs because i have a very minor heart problem, and as much as it doesnt bother me hardly at all, one time years ago i did try to take a womens herbal supplement, and i ended up in the hospital. anything with any stimulant quality at all, like maca, would be risky for me, so i skip that.

some ladies take a little guaifinesin, like robitussin or mucinex. i tried that last month, along with green tea. i had more cm than before, a good bit actually. i would guess it was from the green tea more than the robitussin, because i dont think i probably took enough to work. also, drink lots and lots of water, and stay away from caffeine. the more hydrated you are, the more cm you will have.

#22 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
some ladies take a little guaifinesin, like robitussin or mucinex. i tried that last month, along with green tea. i had more cm than before, a good bit actually. i would guess it was from the green tea more than the robitussin, because i dont think i probably took enough to work. also, drink lots and lots of water, and stay away from caffeine. the more hydrated you are, the more cm you will have.
Yeah, I'm trying the green tea route (I love the stuff and I've hardly been without it, but since TTC I stopped because it does contain some caffeine - hopefully the benefits outweigh the risks..) and the Robitussin, but good gracious that stuff is VILE. I've taken two doses, so probably not enough to notice anything. I might spring for some Mucinex pills next week if I can track them down. I also just started Evening Primrose oil though I wonder how well it actually works.. apparently it can take a couple months to start seeing results so I'm really not counting on it this cycle.

I just read in the TCOYF book that it can take younger, thin girls longer to resume their regular cycles when coming off birth control, so I'm trying to take a little comfort in that.

Thanks for all your help Karma, I really appreciate it. It's so hard to deal with these TTC shenanigans when I don't have any girlfriends where I'm living.

#23 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
Yeah, I'm trying the green tea route (I love the stuff and I've hardly been without it, but since TTC I stopped because it does contain some caffeine - hopefully the benefits outweigh the risks..) and the Robitussin, but good gracious that stuff is VILE. I've taken two doses, so probably not enough to notice anything. I might spring for some Mucinex pills next week if I can track them down. I also just started Evening Primrose oil though I wonder how well it actually works.. apparently it can take a couple months to start seeing results so I'm really not counting on it this cycle.

I just read in the TCOYF book that it can take younger, thin girls longer to resume their regular cycles when coming off birth control, so I'm trying to take a little comfort in that.

Thanks for all your help Karma, I really appreciate it. It's so hard to deal with these TTC shenanigans when I don't have any girlfriends where I'm living.
My local Dollar Trees now have a generic version of Mucinex!!! Soooooooo much cheaper!!! I keep it on hand for my lungs.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#24 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

is it decaf green tea? i know that's a whole nother issue, but i drink that because i cant take very much caffeine, and there might still be a tad in there, i dont know, but i havent noticed it if there is.

#25 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Hello to all my fellow TTC mamas- and especially my fellow cycle buddies!!

How are my cycle buddies doing today??? I am 4 dpo today and temps look good to me- better than last months...we had pretty good timing over our anniversary- DH is SURE he knocked me up this time...he said he can just "feel" it. lol! I sure hope he is right! I started my progesterone this morning AFTER taking my morning temp...will keep taking it now 2 times per day until I either get a BFP or AF.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#26 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Well I took a test this morning, and it was a BFN just as I suspected.

Af should be here tomorrow. My DH and I made a big decision this weekend to start back on infertility drugs next cycle. There is alot of reasons for why we are doing this now, timing is a HUGE one. My DH is military and will probably be getting out in the next year or so. If we need to do IVF again then we need to do it before he gets out. IVF through the military is about 70% cheaper than it is with civilian dr's.

So in an effort to get the ball rolling our dr suggested that we do a few cycles of injectibles and timed intercourse. I am supposed to call the Dr when AF shows up. I'm very excited and just a little terrified. *fingers crossed* that this works!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#27 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah, spin, it can take anyone a couple of months to get back to normal after d/c'ing bcps. your endo lining has been thinner for a while, and your cm has been thicker. a couple months to readjust is expected. try to stay cool, do your thang, and see what happens.

aly- good luck on that new plan if af shows up. ill have my fingers crossed for you.

#28 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM

CLH - No I was not using OPKs, I just realised that was the day of O in retrospect due to temps.

Spinnerette - Do you have a Dollarama nearby? I am in Canada too and Dollarama has HPTs, I don't think they have OPKs though. http://www.dollarama.com/store-locator/

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#29 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Spinnerette - Do you have a Dollarama nearby? I am in Canada too and Dollarama has HPTs, I don't think they have OPKs though. http://www.dollarama.com/store-locator/
Aw, shoot. I don't! I live in Cold Lake, Alberta and none of the surrounding towns/cities have them either. I should have picked some up at the Dollaramas when I was in Victoria last week!

#30 of 240 Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM

Popping my head in at cd9 to say hello. I won't be around much this week, my laptop is in for service and my iPhone isn't the most convenient! I don't expect to o until late next week, so I'm just waiting. Going for my second acupuncture appointment Thursday. Good luck everyone, I hope to see lots of bfps this month.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page