HPT timing question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On Saturday I took a FRER with SMU after holding for about 4 hours. I was 9dpo. I got a very faint positive. Yesterday I took another with FMU, line was a hair darker. Last night I forgot, got up to pee in the middle of the night, and forgot and peed again around 6 AM. I didn't drink anything and held it until around 9:30, so third pee of the day, took another FRER, and the line was SO light that it almost wasn't there. I had a chemical in February, and I had lines getting lighter for several days before I started bleeding when AF was due, so I'm a little freaked out right now. I can understand the line being lighter the next day if pee was more dilute, but this is two days after the first test.

I know no one can really know this, but is it possible that my urine was just too diluted this morning to show much of a line, even 2 days after the first bfp? I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst, but still holding on to hope that this is just a pee dilution thing. When I tested with my youngest dd years ago, I remember getting a faint-ish positive one day and a stark white negative the next morning, but then a positive that afternoon after holding for several hours.

Has a similar situation happened to anyone?

Sigh. I said I wouldn't test early anymore, but I just can't seem to help it.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#2 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 PM

it is possible. hang in there. i would try again tomorrow am.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#3 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Karma--that's my plan.

#4 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 PM

*crosses fingers for you* With my last pregnancy, I got a faint line, then a nicer line then a almost not there line. I freaked out! The next morning, the line was darker than the darkest line I had had, so here's to hoping it's just a faulty test. (fwiw, m/c was due most likely to chromosomal so not related)

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#5 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM

I think it's too diluted. I was given a beta when I was pregnant only because the doctor's pee test came out neg after I had several positives at home. It was because it was later in the day and I was still really early (16 dpo).

Julie - Wife to Louis, Mamma to Ben (11/06) and 2
#6 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Rachel. I really, really hope my lines follow that same pattern! I'm sorry for your losses and wish you all the best.

#7 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 PM

Mine took a while to get dark... they would jump around a bit for the first 4 days or so and then suddenly just started getting darker and darker... a lot of it has to do with the minimum sensitivity of any given test (25miu is just an average/upper limit, not the actual sensitivity)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I am really hoping this is about dilution/individual test sensitivity/dye concentration. I can only speculate, but maybe the first two FRER tests I took were unusually sensitive and/or had more dye. I am only 11 dpo and still 6 days away from AF, and maybe FMU or very concentrated SMU is necessary at this point. I almost lost it this afternoon, thinking I'm on my way to another Chem. Preg, but I don't want to assume this yet. I actually took another test this afternoon after holding for 5.5 hours and still not drinking, and the line is again so faint I hardly believe it's there. I guess even with holding my pee could be more diluted that late in the day?

#9 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Well, BFN this morning with FMU, so I guess this is another chemical pregnancy. I'm sad and angry at myself for testing so early. At least this time it won't be as drawn out as it was with my CP in February, when I wondered for days what was going on with the tests. Now I just want to move forward to the next cycle and stay positive. I think I'm just experiencing some bad luck.

#10 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boobykins View Post
Well, BFN this morning with FMU, so I guess this is another chemical pregnancy. I'm sad and angry at myself for testing so early. At least this time it won't be as drawn out as it was with my CP in February, when I wondered for days what was going on with the tests. Now I just want to move forward to the next cycle and stay positive. I think I'm just experiencing some bad luck.
Sorry. Sending your way for hopes of conceiving this month.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#11 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Jaime!

#12 of 13 Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM

im sorry to hear. hugs to you, 3. hang in there!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#13 of 13 Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Karma. I went to bed super early last night, before 8, had a nice long sleep, and woke up feeling very positive and full of hope. Onward!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page