The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 18-24 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 381 Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
hesperia doesnt post here much but she stays busy on the no stressors thread. she said something so beautiful, i hope she doesnt mind that i am sharing it here. you know, as we get to dpo 11 or 12, we all start saying things like, well, i think af is on her way, i dont have much hope for this cycle, i think im out, and all that. it's really hard to let yourself feel the hope! i love what she said....

Originally Posted by Hesperia
Anyways, it doesn't matter if I am or I am not pregnant, I don't have to feel silly for being filled with hope. I've been wrong before, and it doesn't harm me. I've been blocking out my feelings for a while to protect myself, trying to protect myself from myself, if that makes sense. But, this is a journey, our journey. Sure, it is only cycle 9, but the length doesn't matter, I remember the first cycles being more painful than it is now, doesn't matter how long you've been trying, it is your journey.

i love that!
That's so beautiful. It makes me feel better for having high hopes this cycle.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 AM

Hey all! I've been so busy this weekend! It was my DD's 8th birthday yesterday and we have been GO GO GO...phew. No more for this week...my patootie is stayin home! I got GOBS of EWCM today and am thinking that I will O either tomorrow or mon. We BD'd yesterday...and hopefully tonight...so I hope and pray that we can make a bebe! I kept seeing pg ladies at the mall today...I saw a lady that looked like she was going to pop(I'm assuming with twins bc she was HUGE), and lady that was just now showing and a lady that was about 6 months...i kinda went back in my head with DS when I was at those stages. About 85% of me was EXCITED to be pg again and the other part was like..eeesh...LOL! But it is SO well worth it! I keep trying to picture what my life will be like with 3+kids! EEEEK! SO excited! I'm hopeful this cycle!
#63 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Could you please move me to Waiting to O?

Yeah, so AF started last night and it was baaad...way worse than it has been in a very long time. I'm guessing that I either had a really early loss or my LP randomly lengthened by 4 days. I'm just a bit down b/c I feel cheated that I was 4 days over my normal LP and nothing to show for it. Hopefully my LP stays longer though!
The first time I had what I thought was a chemical, I consoled myself with the knowledge that it meant I CAN get pregnant! Perhaps, it will help if you can think of it that way, too? Hang in there!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#64 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Aly22681... Any updates?

Everybody think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#65 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post
I'm another January baby! If I get pg this cycle, I'll have a baby due around my birthday I don't mind sharing!
My best friend growing up was born on her mother's birthday. She had a mc previously so I'm sure it was EXTRA sweet for her (It's only my friend and her younger brother). Best present EVER!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#66 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Fun story:
Yesterday I was helping my mom to catalog a whole bunch of my grandfather's stuff (he's selling his house and downsizing). My mom found a ring that was my great-grandmother's and said I could have it if I wanted. I LOVE the heritage of that! (ps - sis, if you're reading, if you like it we can do rock paper scissor. there were a few) Anyway, it has three medium sized garnets, and I thought it was super pretty. I got home and suddenly had an inspiration....HEY, isn't the garnet the JANUARY birthstone?! I looked it up: it IS! If this cycle works, I'll be due in early January...and there are three garnets.

I'm feeling just totally achy and hot, btw. Earlier I was super cold. I may take tylenol if it gets worse, and I'll definitely call the RE if it's still here tomorrow. Thanks for asking.
You're funny. It's yours (even if you're not having triplets in January )--I never wear any rings other than the wedding band anyway. Grandmother's mother, or Grandfathers? Pretty neat. I'm sorry you're feeling sick (DURING VACATION!)...please call the RE for me. And my midwife says tylenol only during pregnancy, never advil or asprin. Just fyi, since you're having triplets.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#67 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 AM

yes, avoid ibuprofen and aspirin in pregnancy! even if you dont know you are pregnant... (unless you have a clotting disorder in which case aspirin can be beneficial.)

and only take tylenol when you really need it (but if you are sick and achey you really need it!)

and avoid benedryl until after the first trimester is over (I am unfortunately having to take it nightly now to sleep. says the lady who is up an hour past her bedtime time to go take it)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#68 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 AM

Someone asked why I have an open circle on my temp on ff on my chart...

I don't know!? What does that mean? lol.

This is my first chart and I don't have any idea why the circle would not be filled in...

Can someone look and explain it to me?

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#69 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

did you take that temp at a different time, holly?

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#70 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 AM

I really love having a paid account at FF... I just spent a good ten minutes playing with the pregnancy signs estimator. It gave me a 54% chance! ha! That's the best I've ever gotten. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll wake up to AF tomorrow morning but it still makes me feel good tonight

Karma, I love that quote from Hesperia... thanks for sharing!

#71 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
did you take that temp at a different time, holly?
oh yes because I slept in...is that bad? Should i have woke up earlier to take my temp? shoot...

I had been taking it usually at like 6:45 am (when i get up for work) but this morning i got to sleep in until 8.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#72 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
oh yes because I slept in...is that bad? Should i have woke up earlier to take my temp? shoot...

I had been taking it usually at like 6:45 am (when i get up for work) but this morning i got to sleep in until 8.
it's not bad it's just FFs way of saying that temp may not be as reliable as one you take at a normal time. It won't do anything different to the chart in most cases but rather allows ff to know to ignore that temp if it were to throw your chart off if it didn't.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#73 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
I really love having a paid account at FF... I just spent a good ten minutes playing with the pregnancy signs estimator. It gave me a 54% chance! ha! That's the best I've ever gotten. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll wake up to AF tomorrow morning but it still makes me feel good tonight

Karma, I love that quote from Hesperia... thanks for sharing!
Thats what i usually do from 10dpo, and i get really excited when i get a good %. Its funny though that my chart when i was pregnant with DS only gave me 26%!!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#74 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 AM

Oh and i just did another digital opk just to see the happy face!! And yep i got one! Im cramping like crazy too, so its ON tonight!! I then spent 20 minute trying to take a picture and download it just so you guys can see the happy face! But im obviously technically challenged cos i couldnt work it out!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#75 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumma cop kaz View Post
Oh and i just did another digital opk just to see the happy face!! And yep i got one! Im cramping like crazy too, so its ON tonight!! I then spent 20 minute trying to take a picture and download it just so you guys can see the happy face! But im obviously technically challenged cos i couldnt work it out!!
Hey, don't forget, Ovulation occurs 12-36 hours after that first positive OPK... So, to cover yourself best, you should BD tomorrow as well, and I would toss in the next day, because the egg lives for up to 24 hours. (I sure talk about sex a lot on this site )

#76 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 03:20 AM

Hey ladies. Haven't posted in a while. DH still off the TTC train, but I always hope for an oops! LOL
Just a question about early spotting. I usually have around a 14 sometimes even 15 day LP. I have had as little as 12 but not as common. But never spotting before 12dpo. Today at 11dpo I had the smallest, bright spotting (it was almost orange?). I would fully expect this to be an early AF month given that - but the spotting is gone, even after DTD (usually if I have spotting, DTD brings on AF or at least heavier spotting). No cervical "trauma" beforehand that would cause it.
I know I could totally still wake up with AF, but wanted to know if it is possible to have implantation spotting a) this late? And b) if I have never had it with previous pregnancies? I haven't really had any of the usual pre-AF symptoms so this was a shocker to see the potential for her to show up early.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#77 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 AM

Yeah... put me down under WTF is going on?? lol

Me (22) + DH (24) -- Waiting for baby #1
#78 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

hulajenn- i think that's a little late for implantation, but maybe it's old blood- like 9 dpo wouldnt be toooo late, maaaybe even 10? i think it's most often around 6-8 dpo, sometimes 5.

tkgrl- do you have a chart link?

#79 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 AM

What's up with my cervix?

It's still low, but it's quite open. FF said that women who have given birth may always have a slightly open cervix, but it was closed (and low) just 2 days ago. Weird. Still no fertile CM.

Ideas?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#80 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 AM

Dropping in.... my temps are WAY down this morning, so I imagine AF will be here today or tomorrow. Looks like we'll be moving on to cycle 4.

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#81 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
Dropping in.... my temps are WAY down this morning, so I imagine AF will be here today or tomorrow. Looks like we'll be moving on to cycle 4.

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#82 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Thats what i usually do from 10dpo, and i get really excited when i get a good %. Its funny though that my chart when i was pregnant with DS only gave me 26%!!!
That's good to know! Hey, 26% is still a chance, right? So that makes sense.

Saw that you're Oing today, so good luck and have fun tonight (and tomorrow, and the day after, if you take Stevi's advice!)

Tulpen, sorry for the temp drop hang in there, hun.

AFM, 10 DPO (I moved my presumed O date to the day after I had EWCM and a high cervix, since I realized that's more likely the day I O'd) and since yesterday I've had a medium to high firm, closed cervix. I added that in and the pregnancy estimator gave me a better percentage although the cramping I've been feeling (more of a dull ache most of the time, and sometimes hardly there at all) probably comes through as more of a "AF is coming" sign than anything else for the pregnancy signs estimator. I'm working a long shift at work today, so we'll see how I feel, haha.

#83 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Tulpen - on the low temp.

MoonFireGlow - on She is a horrid woman, isn't she? So sorry.

Mumma CP - Have fun tonight!

HulaJenn - My DH is off the TTC train too, he just wants to wait. Our 2 kids are very demanding. Our 3 year old throws tantrums every 45 seconds and our 1 year old is clingy, needy and basically I can't be out of his sight without a meltdown. So, they're pretty normal if you ask me. He doens't seem to "get" the fact that if I got pregnent now, they would be 9-10 months older and in a different stage. I think a 4 year old is alot different than a 3 year old. Obviously he wouldn't be opposed to have one now, I was pregnant over the winter and all, he's just not into super trying and obeying my requests with the OPK reads +, you know? It's frustrating. I'm 38 and we talked last night about how risks go up for chromosomal issues (which he should know first hand since that's why we lost our 12 weeker in Feb) and he just says "you're not that old..."

Anyways, AFM I'm on CD14 and have been getting EWCM but super neg OPKs.
I'm just waiting, I'm not really trying that hard this month - ie I'm not obsessing. It's been nice actually.

Good luck to all -
Hula, when are you testing? for you!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#84 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

fm, good to hear from you, always. your absence is felt, but we all know, we have to do what we have to do to stay cool. it can all get too much.

want to know what i tried this month? i heard on 2 different tv shows recently (discovery channel type thangs) and on news radio too that while we were always told humans dont have a true 'estrous' like animals do, there are all kinds of new studies that are saying, yeah, we do. and one part of it is our scent. men smell ovulation, and they likey. so i have cut back on anything scented- lotions, soaps or whatever, and maybe it's a coincidence, but my dh has been all over me. he's been dragging me to bed every night the past several nights, like since the fertile cm started, very insistant since the +opk. he knows nothing about my cycles, not even when af comes (since it's short enough to go unnoticed.) just passing that on, cuz maybe there's something to it.

#85 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM

WATCH THE DR.'S ON ABC. Its about infertility!

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#86 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
brun- i will add you, but sounds like you might only be here for like 2 days!
Thanks! Everything sounds promising, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up in case I end up disappointed. I will most likely test on Wed. morning.

TTC since April '10 - Cycle 1
#87 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 PM

Karma - Thanks. I miss you guys too. I stalked your chart and it looks like you are in the 2WW, you should move yourself.

That's interesting about the scent of a ovulating woman.
I've always sort of maybe thought that too, are they phermones?
I actually haven't worn perfume in a while, since I've been nursing....my DH hates perfume or anything scented.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#88 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, fm, i think i will start the progesterone tonight, but ix-nay on the 2 week ate-way. this is another new strategy, im in-cog-neeet-o, see. shhhh...

#89 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 PM

Just dropping in

please move me to the tww I got cross hairs, 3 dpo ! Wooo

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#90 of 381 Old 04-19-2010, 01:11 PM

MoonFire sorry AF found you

CLH so excited to see you have crosshairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Someone asked why I have an open circle on my temp on ff on my chart...

I don't know!? What does that mean? lol.

This is my first chart and I don't have any idea why the circle would not be filled in...

Can someone look and explain it to me?
Hey Holly, that was me, sorry, I thought you knew the open circle meant your temp time was early or late. I was curious because if you had taken your temp earlier than usual, then I would trust the temp more. Temp tends to go up if you sleep in later than usual (but an hour and a half shouldn't make a huge difference and it depends on the person!).

Knowing it was only an hour and a half past your normal time... I would say the temp is good (if you had slept in for 4 hours I would be more doubtful!)

If you look at my chart you can see that my 1 dpo temp is also open because I took it later (an hour or so) and I also drank alcohol and slept very poorly the night before - if I didn't have a +OPK to back up my O day, then I wouldn't have trusted that temp! Does that make sense?

Anyway, your temp is still up so it looks like you O'd (and a high temp tommorow will give you crosshairs) and your timing is good! Good luck

Quote:
I let my FF paid account lapse this month because I felt like it was feeding my obsession but I do miss the pregnancy sign estimator and having my DPO marked on my chart. Still hoping this is your month!

Quote:
I'm so tempted to get some of those digital OPKs (I'm too cheap!) I've been using cheapies and even when I used the more expensive brands I never got a glaring positive - I'm always "pretty sure" that my OPK is positive but I would love to see a smiley face to reassure me! Good luck catching that egg!

Karma Thanks for sharing Hesperia's quote. I for one definitely need the reminder that it is ok to be hopeful! I feel like I spend my TWW convincing myself that I'm not pregnant so I won't feel as badly when I'm not (it doesn't work, so why do I keep doing it?) I have one more week left in my TWW and I'm going to let myself have some hope this time

Stevi didn't you tell someone last month not to spend their TWW feeling doubtful because that isn't how you want to remember the beginning of your pregnancy. Much better to spend the first two weeks hoping and welcoming your little one. Am I crazy or did you write something like that (I think it might have been to Brichole) Anyway, I love that sentiment. I'd rather spend the next week welcoming a baby that isn't there than doubting one that is!

Tear I hope the ring is a sign. What a great story that would make (especially if you have triplets!)

AFM how crazy is my chart I checked my thermometer to make sure it is capable of temps other than 98.2 or 98.4 (it is) What is my chart trying to tell me Still determined not to test until Sunday!

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page